AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka - Insurrection in the Ancient City (Volumes 14 & 15) Rating
Perfect 10 35 50.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 24.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 12.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 8.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-09-08, 14:21   Link #41
Guest2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Well FAE is a secret that both America and Japan came up. Leaking that would mean more attention to him.
He's already called enough attention to himself where the USNA had already planned to kidnap or kill him, so I personnally believe it wouldn't matter much. Especially if he continues to aim for his stated goal and actually succeeds.

But I assume Tatsuya's research would be a new topic based only on the basics of what he learned from Sirius's CAD, and he even has the option to release it under his hidden Silver identity. So far all his research has been geared toward his solar furnace/reactor construction and his ultimate goal of diminishing the image that magicians are best used as weapons.
Guest2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 14:55   Link #42
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest2 View Post
He's already called enough attention to himself where the USNA had already planned to kidnap or kill him, so I personnally believe it wouldn't matter much. Especially if he continues to aim for his stated goal and actually succeeds.

But I assume Tatsuya's research would be a new topic based only on the basics of what he learned from Sirius's CAD, and he even has the option to release it under his hidden Silver identity. So far all his research has been geared toward his solar furnace/reactor construction and his ultimate goal of diminishing the image that magicians are best used as weapons.
Those are just speculation; but if Tatsuya publicize FAE it wouldnt turn out to be a speculation anymore cuz the have hard proof;

Cant wait for Erika's new visual. 1 more day bruh~

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 15:15   Link #43
Echizen777

Quote:
"You're entrusting the engineering work to a freshman?"

Masaki, walking alongside and a bit surprised, asked him that.

"I was once a freshman last year."

Tatsuya is so blunt right now, I have the impression he is becoming colder, or somewhat different from usual.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 16:16   Link #44
~oNe~
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Tatsuya is so blunt right now, I have the impression he is becoming colder, or somewhat different from usual.
First, where you get that part??

Second, tatsuya are evil afterall
~oNe~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 16:51   Link #45
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
If there's nothing to resist the changes to the eidos then Tatsuya can copy one item onto something else and thus copy the item. Similarly he can assign new coordinates and "restore" the target on those coordinates, thus realizing teleportation.
It is possible, but we will have to wait until further development of the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest2 View Post

Yotsuba already persuaded the USNA STARS to back off.
And, he survived the Angie's attack, and Angie probably reported about Tatsuya's knowledge on FAE. So, USNA should not be matter.

But, if he goes out with this topic, USNA will not be surprised, but I think, this FAE presentation may lead to the story or a conflict between Tatsuya and Rozen. Rozen will definitely play a role. Rozen provided the positive feedback on Tatsuya's experiment in vol. 12. The author has been throwing baits here and there, but he did not pick it up, so we may see Rozen arc after Zhou getting ass-kicked.

Maybe, we can finally see Erika confessing to Tatsuya or something between them.

Quote:

Well, he is becoming different compared to very early part of the story.
Throughout the story, Tatsuya has proven that he has emotion. Personally, I think, Miya failed the surgery. Well, she failed to make him a perfect artificial magician anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if he still has strong emotions (urges).

Based on the episode about the present for Honoka from vol. 11 and vol. 13's p-doll episode, he cares people other than his sister and feel sorry for Honoka. (But, if he has emotion, what becomes of Honoka? )
I think, he is simply reminding himself that, he cannot feel love or hate. Mahouka needs a strong female character who can shake his heart to prove, he can love.

Going back to your opinion on becoming cold, I do not think, he is becoming emotionally cold, but I think, Tatsuya is scheming and seems to tease others more and more.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 17:04   Link #46
Guest2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Those are just speculation; but if Tatsuya publicize FAE it wouldnt turn out to be a speculation anymore cuz the have hard proof
But FAE has already been researched and proven. He read it and saw it so there's no reason for him to do over the topic, so I going to continue on assuming its related to the reactor. The spoiler says he was only using the basics from what he saw and knows of FAE theory.
Guest2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-08, 17:31   Link #47
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
I think, he is simply reminding himself that, he cannot feel love or hate. Mahouka needs a strong female character who can shake his heart to prove, he can love.
I think the problem is more his that he doesn't want "troubles" (be it his sister or others). Take this passage from vol 12: "Her [Erika] appearance even aroused some slight desire to appreciate her aesthetically in Tatsuya; however, if he let this situation go on,he was guaranteed to be embroiled in a whirlpool of trouble. Tatsuya considered the cost of being an onlooker a little too expensive."
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-09, 08:35   Link #48
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
Well, he is becoming different compared to very early part of the story.
Throughout the story, Tatsuya has proven that he has emotion. Personally, I think, Miya failed the surgery. Well, she failed to make him a perfect artificial magician anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if he still has strong emotions (urges).

Based on the episode about the present for Honoka from vol. 11 and vol. 13's p-doll episode, he cares people other than his sister and feel sorry for Honoka. (But, if he has emotion, what becomes of Honoka? )

Going back to your opinion on becoming cold, I do not think, he is becoming emotionally cold, but I think, Tatsuya is scheming and seems to tease others more and more.
Roughly I wanted to say that I have the impression he is more intense than usual. It might be because he is getting his emotions back, it might be only me though.
Old 2014-09-09, 22:09   Link #49
tuckersister

I wonder if Erika will play a major (or sort of) part in this volume. I just realized that Shizuku is slowly becoming a major character (probably already is). I really willing to see Tatsuya and Zhou finally confronting each other.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 04:31   Link #50
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
I wonder if Erika will play a major (or sort of) part in this volume. I just realized that Shizuku is slowly becoming a major character (probably already is). I really willing to see Tatsuya and Zhou finally confronting each other.
Shizuku will play important role because she has her own intelligent network through her family. Seems like, she has an access to every intelligence that her family can gather. Being close to Shizuku will also help Miyuki a lot. However, the development of relationship between Shibas and Shizuku may take different directions based on the relationship development between Honoka and Tatsuya.

Quote:
Roughly I wanted to say that I have the impression he is more intense than usual. It might be because he is getting his emotions back, it might be only me though.
I feel the same way.
After the vol. 13, I think "caring for Miyuki only" is officially gone. She is still the top priority. Well, his relationship with his friends and Kuroba is one thing. But, he start caring for non-important people (extras in Mahouka).

As the story develops, I am feeling the operation on Tatsuya was imperfect, and he still has emotions, and he just does not realize it. At this point, I am thinking, what IFs with Tatsuya. Who knows, somebody comes in and fix his head and make him an artificial magician as he was originally planned by Maya and Miya. It is a little scary.
Emotionless strategic class battle magician equipped with flash casts and many kicking a*s magics. He would be like the hidden boss at any games. lol

I will stop here. Just cannot wait for the pictures from vol. 14.
Old 2014-09-10, 04:47   Link #51
dai ca superman

Get 1 pic of vol 14:
dai ca superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 05:01   Link #52
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dai ca superman View Post
Get 1 pic of vol 14:
damn! Is that Maya or Ayako!? Her with Tatsuya look almost like they are enemy, yet at the same time a lover........... more pictures are coming... Miyuki again?
Old 2014-09-10, 05:42   Link #53
Ultragunner

Well, I have been a supporter of Tatsuya x Maya for a long time so....
Old 2014-09-10, 07:38   Link #54
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
damn! Is that Maya or Ayako!? Her with Tatsuya look almost like they are enemy, yet at the same time a lover........... more pictures are coming... Miyuki again?
She looks too dark and evil for Ayako. lol.
I think this shows "tug of war" like relationship between Tatsuya and Maya.
Even though he is not an official, he is S-class magician, but he is not an Yotsuba, so they will continue pushing and pulling each other with the string called, Miyuki. I wonder what kind of dark scheme she is planning for Tatsuya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
Well, I have been a supporter of Tatsuya x Maya for a long time so....
lol.
The author seems to reflect criticisms and opinions including fan fictions as well. I would not go as far as Tatsuya x Maya, but the story may show future conflicts between them.
Old 2014-09-10, 08:06   Link #55
Verisimilitude

That's Maya. You can tell by the kanji (真夜)。
Verisimilitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 08:06   Link #56
CatRules
Shipper

Spoiler for more pics:
Old 2014-09-10, 08:10   Link #57
Seitsuki
Onee!

Spoiler for Minoru(?):
Old 2014-09-10, 08:15   Link #58
Verisimilitude

Actually, doesn't the blonde guy look like Raymond (the Sage)?
Verisimilitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 08:22   Link #59
Echizen777

Quote:
Spoiler for more pics:
Minoru is not supposed to be a trap, it is easy to notice that he is a pretty boy according to his description. The guy with Mayumi, is it Naotsugu?
Old 2014-09-10, 08:24   Link #60
renuac

Thank you, CatsRules

Parade or not, whoever that guy is he really looks like Kyouko (Who is apparently still on speaking terms with Tatsuya. Good.)

Quote:

Oh boy. Our Minami has fallen to the new kid's charm.

This page cracks me up on so many levels.

Quote:

BUT WORRY NOT!! Our Great YURI-QUEEN MIYUKI-sama will save her!!
I would be entirely in favour of that development Also, that's a better ponytail than during the first 9SC.

I agree that the person in the last picture looks like Naotsugu - but hopefully that still means we'll get Mari at some point.
renuac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, jesus-like mc