3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-08-28, 21:56   Link #41
watisit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I don't think it's anything like consciousness transfer. I just think all of them are like that.
Even if so surely not all of them can use the Unseen Hand. But probably one would have to kill all of his followers. Otherwise he/she could just keep transferring around. Or maybe just a selected few. Even then that would be 9/10 of them. Depending if it's just 10 fingers or plus one brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Yes, only Archbishops have a gospel. What Mimi was speaking from was mostly hearsay of what they could gather about the cult from rumors, so good deal of their infomation might be inaccurate.
It is certain that archbishops have a gospel. But it is possible that the normal members have a copy too.

Edit: It seems Betel II doesn't have the memories of Betel I though. Otherwise she would've killed Subaru on sight.

Last edited by watisit; 2016-08-28 at 22:38.
watisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-28, 22:44   Link #42
Jaden

Quote:
Edit: It seems Betel II doesn't seem to have the memories of Betel I though. Otherwise she would've killed him on sight.
Would she though? It'd be the reasonable thing to do, in self-defense...but at this point, I have to suspect that the cultists just can't bring themselves to kill Subaru. It'd be blasphemous to kill the one most loved by their goddess.

Also gives us a nice clue: whoever CAN kill Subaru is not a cultist.
Old 2016-08-29, 00:26   Link #43
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

^
Well, a few loops before Betelguse was going to, the only reason he didn't was Puck's intervention..
Old 2016-08-29, 00:28   Link #44
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

Ram :O My initial impression was that she's part of the Witch's cult... :O Please, let this be just a misunderstanding!
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-29, 00:38   Link #45
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
Ram :O My initial impression was that she's part of the Witch's cult... :O Please, let this be just a misunderstanding!
Ram was killed by the Witches cult in one of the loops, you could see the daggers on her. Also notice she is wearing Emilia's camp robe.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-29, 01:59   Link #46
Arkard

Quote:
As mentioned in an earlier post, it's likely she thinks Subaru betrayed their faction. As Subaru mentioned earlier, it'll get messy if the message that informs them of the alliance doesn't get delivered. Yet they sent one messenger into a place flooded with cultists and that's being evacuated... So likely, the message never reached Emilia's faction... So what would Ram see?

Subaru without Rem marching into Roswell's territory prepared for battle with most of the major heavy hitters of the rival factions and a ton of mercenaries. It's hard not to assume the worse, especially given the circumstances they left him in the capital.
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-29, 01:59   Link #47
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by watisit View Post
Even if so surely not all of them can use the Unseen Hand. But probably one would have to kill all of his followers. Otherwise he/she could just keep transferring around. Or maybe just a selected few. Even then that would be 9/10 of them. Depending if it's just 10 fingers or plus one brain.
Well mostly I meant just the fingers, really. If it was a transfer of consciousness, they would not refer to themselves as such, and wouldn't re-discover things they should already know.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-29, 04:04   Link #48
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Well mostly I meant just the fingers, really. If it was a transfer of consciousness, they would not refer to themselves as such, and wouldn't re-discover things they should already know.
That seems to be the case.
So I assume that when the "head" is killed, the authority (and the madness that comes with it?) is transfered to a finger...it's possible the same applies to the gospel, except Subaru has it, so it didn't transfer.
Old 2016-08-29, 07:10   Link #49
Jaden

Quote:
I have to suspect that the cultists just can't bring themselves to kill Subaru.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
^
Well, a few loops before Betelguse was going to, the only reason he didn't was Puck's intervention..
Nah, we don't know if he would've killed Subaru. He just finds Subaru's lack of faith...disturbing.

The worst they've done to Subaru is rough him up and chain him in the dungeon.
Old 2016-08-29, 07:12   Link #50
Loran Cehack

So, basically, anyone in the witch's cult can became that crazy over the top betelgeuse, with the unseen hands and everything? talk about being OP huh?

Man I hope i'm wrong, but even if Subaru succeeds, Wilhelm will die. The man is giving death flags everywhere with those wise man speeches. It's the same thing as a pilot in the Gundam universe seeing his family picture before the battle.
Old 2016-08-29, 07:34   Link #51
Jaden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loran Cehack View Post
Man I hope i'm wrong, but even if Subaru succeeds, Wilhelm will die. The man is giving death flags everywhere with those wise man speeches. It's the same thing as a pilot in the Gundam universe seeing his family picture before the battle.
Actually I was expecting Wilhelm to sacrifice himself in this episode, but looks like it wasn't needed. Now I don't know anymore. They might just kinda shelf the character.
Old 2016-08-29, 07:44   Link #52
Loran Cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Actually I was expecting Wilhelm to sacrifice himself in this episode, but looks like it wasn't needed. Now I don't know anymore. They might just kinda shelf the character.
If we look at the fact that his "arc" was concluded and he resembles the role of the hero's guide and counselor, it kind of marks him to either be left aside little by little or to die honorably. I prefer the later, storywise, to truly solidify him as a memorable character, but so much shit has already happened in this show and everyone is "okay" (since the real objective, at least for now, seems to mature Subaru's personality to it's true potential), that everything goes haha
Old 2016-08-29, 10:08   Link #53
sryroo

You know what? why some of you want Wilhelm to die. Rather than that, I want the author to make Wilhelm's character more active. Just because he old or have many 'flags', doesn't make him will die later in story (okay, I know some of character in other story will die if they have that many 'flags'). I like his character. How he give motivation to Subaru. It's like how grandfather comforting his grandson.

When I read comment in other forums how some of people like 'this chara should die because I don't like him/her or boring or he is unbearable to watch', it's just make me slightly mad. I mean come on they are too human you know. I know it's just anime and kind of understand how some people like that, but let's focus and enjoy characters progress and story (let's focus in Subaru's achievement). Well... at least, in this forum, you want Wilhelm die to make him memorable character, but, still I want Wilhelm to live. It's just I can't imagine how sad I am if Wilhelm die for sacrificing himself.
sryroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-29, 14:51   Link #54
sion21

Quote:

that make no sense, Witch cult killed her family and the whole village not to mention killing her numerous time during loops.
sion21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-29, 15:39   Link #55
Key Board
Carbon

Wilhelm is like the Thundergod Cid / Orlandu of this show
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-29, 16:11   Link #56
moridin84
Custom User Title

Wilhelm already broke his death flag. He's actually more likely to survive than most characters now.

Ram thinking that Subaru betrayed them makes the most sense. Still, I think this is far too simple to be a real explanation. Plus, there's not a lot of tension in that. Subaru isn't going to die this far in and Subaru neither has the ability or desire to hurt Ram.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-29, 18:30   Link #57
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by watisit View Post
It is certain that archbishops have a gospel. But it is possible that the normal members have a copy too.
Actually scratch that, you're right. This doesn't disprove that idea.

Still the information is mainly based on rumors, and the Finger not having one points to this most likely not being true.

Last edited by Applehell; 2016-08-31 at 10:43.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-30, 02:56   Link #58
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I'm not saying he won't die, but as of this point in the story, I see little reason to kill him off. Or even write him out of the story. I think he can serve a fine role as Subaru's sword. Gods know he needs all the help he can get, being just some Japanese shut-in.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-30, 18:24   Link #59
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin-san View Post
I understood it differently. With how Julius formulated it, it could be that Sloth is made up by all the followers under and including Betelgeuse.
That also makes sense. I went with the transfer conscience route because the new cult girl acted just like Betelgeuse. But i guess if more of them appear again and if they no longer refer to them as Betelgeuse then it's safe to say Julius was indeed correct!

And Subaru being Pride gets even more support after this episode. He even got a gospel too . I wonder what terrible things will still happen to him for that to happen...
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-31, 23:18   Link #60
Tynkerd

[Episode 22] & [Volume 3 Ch. 65] Comparison Summary

First, this is not a spoiler, as everything in this summary has already happened/been skipped in the anime. No future events. (Just in case, though, I will use the spoiler tags)

I just finished reading the chapters of the WN that correspond to most of Episode 22. I just wanted to point out some differences I noticed...haven't read past Ch. 65 though, so I don't know what is coming, or what Ram is doing yet.

Spoiler for Episode22 & WN Comparison (not really spoiler, no future events):

Hope you enjoyed this summary.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2016-09-03 at 12:15. Reason: moved summary statement into spoiler tags
Tynkerd is offline   Reply With Quote