AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-05-21, 10:38   Link #41
grecefar

I did see that coming with his personality and the crow flying away was a clue that his skill was not going to be there always if he doesn't even know what and how he does it.

Even with that score he won't be promoted, there is a long way to go.

Btw the anime is doing a great job making me hate that coach.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-21, 15:40   Link #42
Dextro
He Without a Title

Even if the coach is right in that, at the moment, Aoi doesn't have the skills to get promoted to the first team that still doesn't excuse his complete dismissal of a player like he's shown so far. Yes, as it stands Aoi is lacking in awareness and is too individualistic but the person who's responsible to try and fix that is the coach! If the coach is already not counting on a player on day one, especially on a youth team, then I'm not sure they're going to ever get many great players off the programme. Maybe just the occasional good player that never really decides matches.

Anyway, it makes for good drama so I guess that's why the coach is like this

Last edited by Dextro; 2022-05-22 at 10:12.
Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-21, 22:59   Link #43
Decel

To be fair, Aoi is full of himself right now and needs to be taken down a peg or two. He's not yet used to play with others (as opposed to against) with the same or better talent than him.

Looking forward to his introspection phase.
Old 2022-05-22, 11:34   Link #44
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'm here watching Liverpool's final game of the season, and it made me wonder if Aoi had ever watched professional matches? He seems totally unaware of soccer as a team game and wildly ignorant of strategy.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-28, 07:59   Link #45
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

This can't be one cour, can it? I just don't see how.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-28, 09:05   Link #46
grecefar

I doubt it's one cour.

Lol I imagine that at that time Mourinho was winning with porto, chelsea or inter. Well he did won with the roma recently.
Old 2022-05-28, 14:04   Link #47
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Episode 8
This is but only the first soul-crusher that Ashito will have to encounter. He is well behind the curve compared to the rest of the youth players. After the initial bravado, he is forced to eat humble pie. At the very least, he acknowledges it and goes to Coach Date to admit his shortfall. What he has in spades is the drive to succeed in football doing whatever it takes to become a professional footballer and support his family.

What he is also fortunate to have are friends in the youth team who are there to support and help him. His roommate, Togashi, helps out because he has beef with the academy youth players and sees that it's the academy youth peer players that have frozen him out. Helping out Ashito is one way that he wants to get back at them.

You guys hate Akutsu now but he is telling Ashito the hard truth about trying to become a professional football player. He gave Ashito the boot up his arse to get him driven enough to swallow his pride and approach Caoch Date. This is in contrast with Taira, another senior youth player, who gets him to reflect on his options - like asking Togashi for help. There's an unintentional good-cop/bad-cop act here.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-28, 18:38   Link #48
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
I doubt it's one cour.

Lol I imagine that at that time Mourinho was winning with porto, chelsea or inter. Well he did won with the roma recently.
That reference really dated the show. There was also a reference to Roberto Baggio a few episodes ago, I imagine a lot of younger viewers have no idea who he was nowadays
Old 2022-05-28, 20:07   Link #49
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Baggio is still a legend with hard-core soccer nerds.

As for Moaninho, his teams are soul-crushingly awful to watch but there’s no denying his resume. Winning Europa this season is not exactly an irrelevancy. He’s not the towering figure he was but he’s still an eponymous figure in football. Obviously you’d much rather be compared to someone like Pep, though.
Old 2022-05-28, 22:28   Link #50
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
I'd say anceloti is the new bar now: hala Madrid ��

Show continues to impress me. I'm happy the MC is not a gary stu from the the start but it's was still frustrating to see him struggle. It's soul crushing to admit you have no talent. I didn't know ao was lacking in technical skills untill mentioned. Reminds me first time i played with skilled players and realized how shitty my first touch was. Or when i met people with real drawing talent and just gave up lol.

I wonder what will be Aos final posisition especially if the black spiky haired kid can already do what he does in creating space. Kid doesn't have to be lionel messi to shine i hope he later realizes not moving is part of the play too. If he wasn't a threat he wouldn't have pulled a defender away.he was too harsh on himself.
Maybe He can be a pirlo like player or xabi alanso. They had amazing vision and didn't rely too much on technical skills other than their precise passing.

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-28, 22:31   Link #51
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I don't agree remotely that he has no talent. He has no (relevant) experience and not enough technical training. But he has great vision (that's been illustrated multiple times) and attacking instinct. Ashito definitely has talent - what he lacks is stuff that can be learned, while what he has generally cannot.
Old 2022-05-29, 09:42   Link #52
grecefar

Ashito can be like luka modric with his skill, or like mbappe or vinicius that creates but can play like a foward when needed.
Old 2022-06-03, 00:36   Link #53
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
Quote:
Ashito can be like luka modric with his skill, or like mbappe or vinicius that creates but can play like a foward when needed.
Sadly he lacks the technical skill to hold the ball.

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-03, 05:09   Link #54
leongsh
Daijoubu!

The best role model for someone with a vision like Ashito's is Xavi - great vision married to immaculate passing, ball retention, and positioning. Positioning-wise, Ashito will have to learn to think how the team is made up, is playing which will help him in his positioning. That will be the step up for someone with his vision. Passing and ball retention will be ball skills that he has to pick up and hone. If he can reach 50% of what Xavi can do in youth level, he would be a monster. That would open up his path to getting a professional football contract.
Old 2022-06-04, 08:37   Link #55
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

24 eps confirmed, thank goodness. Hopefully more but it's a good start for now.
Old 2022-06-04, 10:33   Link #56
grecefar

Well I didn't see why they are that mad at him, he did a mistake?, well that was obvious it seems that he needed to pass it to Asari, I don't know, or it was that he was underestimating the asshole?, I don't know.
Old 2022-06-04, 11:00   Link #57
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Stay tuned…
Old 2022-06-04, 14:17   Link #58
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Well I didn't see why they are that mad at him, he did a mistake?, well that was obvious it seems that he needed to pass it to Asari, I don't know, or it was that he was underestimating the asshole?, I don't know.
Hint: He is still playing football with a narrow view and focus despite having a wider view of things.
Old 2022-06-11, 13:43   Link #59
grecefar

I see now, it's not bad that Aoi has that thrist of goal but the point is to win, not for him to score. Well until now that was the only way he knew how to play.
Old 2022-06-11, 17:13   Link #60
Dextro
He Without a Title

So, Fukuda's training approach is the "sink or swim" one hum? Ashito is just getting his one chance or he's out. Fair play, I retract most of my criticism of the B team coach now. If he was just following the orders from the head coach than I can understand it. Especially since he's now giving proper instructions (though still a bit vague but on that point Fukuda is right in asking him to do that).

Moving on. I emphasize with both Ashito and the promoted players here. Ashito is trying to play on his own. It's the thing that got him into trouble in the past and his previous team only enabled him in that regard because he was the best player they had. It's still an issue he must overcome. The goal is to score as a team, not to score himself.

On the other hand he also has a point in saying that when a forward stops going for a goal that's the day his career is over. That is also true. However he needs to realize that he can do both! He can think of ways for himself to score and think of ways for someone else to score. Options! That's the name of the game. He's probably also forgetting rebounds. Most of the top forwards don't just create scoring opportunities, they're also unnaturally good at being in the right place at the right time to take advantage of a loose ball after a save.

Overall this is a nice arc. Ashito still annoys me a bit with his stubborn and hotheadedness but he's still endearing enough.

On a final note, he 100% deserved that kick to the face by Hana. He was being completely inconsiderate of her with the way he phrased things. On the other hand she's also clearly projecting things onto Ashito which is not a healthy way to start a relationship with someone (not even necessarily a romantic one, though that's what I'm rooting for ). They both clearly need to grow up.

Anyway great episode. This show continues being amazing. I'm surprised more people aren't talking about it.

Tags
soccer, sports