Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-09-13, 11:50   Link #41
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
That's false. He pretended doing it for Suzune, but in moment he there was no need to do so anymore, he just let her fend for herself, despite trust she put it in him (as he himself explicitly said he is not her ally, he was just using her). Not to mention he also helped bullies so he he can take adventage of their victim.

Reason why he doesn't go all the way to provoke other classes, is purely pragmatic and if situation changed he would not hesitate to do that as well.
Based on what we're seen so far, I'd guess that if he is in Dragon Boy's place Kiyo-pon would've found a more elegant way of luring out the Class D mastermind compared to Ryuen's brute force methods. Based on the current situation, if they switched places I'm sure Kiyotaka wouldn't have used torture to get info from anyone from class D.

I could be wrong though, I agree that if torture is the only way to win then he wouldn't have second thoughts on doing it to a schoolmate
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-13, 16:40   Link #42
Tenzen12

I agree that in same situation he would probably use diferent method then Ryuen, but if there were situation where provoking other class were more adventageous then being stealthy he wouldn't care about being elegant.
Old 2022-09-13, 20:51   Link #43
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Uhm... Actually he didn't just help the bullies....

I'll be waiting till after next episode whether it gets skipped though...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-19, 16:30   Link #44
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Spoiler for 12:

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-19, 17:38   Link #45
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Watching Ryuuen get absolutely destroyed like that is one of the most satisfying things I have even seen.
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-19, 18:38   Link #46
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

It's always good when antagonists so hateful like here get totally destroyed by MC.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-19, 20:05   Link #47
patnam

so the EP12 is the last episode for the season 2...?
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-19, 20:07   Link #48
patnam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
It's always good when antagonists so hateful like here get totally destroyed by MC.
should put the "Murder to Excellence" as BGM for Ayanokoji vs Ryuuen gang...
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-19, 21:59   Link #49
Tenzen12

So Kyotaka manipulated Ryuuen into torturing Karuizawa so, he can beat him up? Putting aside morality of activelly pushing someone you promise protect right into hand of sociopath and letting them suffer for prolonged period of time, this plan is still unecessary convoluted.

That said for anime that is not primary action, that was one of heck animation and choreography. I don't think I saw anything that good this season yet.
Old 2022-09-20, 01:13   Link #50
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-20, 04:49   Link #51
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnam View Post
so the EP12 is the last episode for the season 2...?
There will be one more. Most probably adapting LN 7.5
Old 2022-09-24, 19:31   Link #52
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
That said for anime that is not primary action, that was one of heck animation and choreography. I don't think I saw anything that good this season yet.
Very much this. The fight scenes had a very naturalistic feel to them. The lightning work and the fluidity of animation was top notch. Very surprised to see such an amazing scene in this show tbh but I'm not complaining. It just made it all the more jarring when the shots moved from the wide angles where the faces weren't visible to they close ups where the character designs didn't really lend themselves particularly well to that more natural look of the tussle itself. Good job by the animation team to make it less jarring than it could have been though. Genuinely a great scene overall.
Old 2022-09-26, 09:16   Link #53
larethian

I've been wondering about why Ayanokouji initially joined those peeps and then changed his mind to go save Karuizawa. Guess it got answered after all. I hope season 3 gets adapted earlier before details of season 2 fades away from my memory like how most of season 1 did.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-26, 09:23   Link #54
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Keikaku doori. He got a very loyal tool now after the precise planning and emotional manipulation. But maybe his own emotions will get manipulated as well? It's up to Karuizawa what happens next for him. Or maybe it will just amount to nothing in the end. We'll see.

At least season 3 is slated for next year 2023 already. Can be as early as Winter or very late like Fall. We're not gonna wait 5 years for the sequel.
belatkuro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-26, 09:51   Link #55
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

All in all I liked S2 way more than S1. LN fans still raging (this time because they adapted it in higher tempo) but I don't care about them. I read some spoilers regarding how Kiyotka/Kei relationship will progress and I like it.

Hope, S3 will be in Winter/Spring but I'm a bit concerned as they already postponded the BD release. Hope it won't be cancelled because of fan outrage/low sales.
Old 2022-09-26, 10:25   Link #56
frubam
simp for Lyria

Another season ends. Enjoyed it quite a bit too. Seeing Ryuen get his comeuppance was a visual treat. Karuizawa came a pretty long way too. She was pretty annoying in s1, and in much of the 1st arc in s2, but her being a part of Ayanokoji's plots and being in the-know of said plots, it really felt like her character blossomed this season. Of course, Horikita made strides to be a better person, and its nice to finally see her grow a bit from her ordeal with the sports fest, but I still liked Karuizawa's role more this season.

Can't wait to see what Ayanokoji's gonna do to get Kushida expelled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
Keikaku doori. He got a very loyal tool now after the precise planning and emotional manipulation. But maybe his own emotions will get manipulated as well? It's up to Karuizawa what happens next for him. Or maybe it will just amount to nothing in the end. We'll see.
Yeah it was planned, and quite well, but I do like the fact that

1)Karuizawa recognizes she's still being used as a pawn. This means that she understands Ayanokoji's nature well, maybe better than anyone else in the story(outside Sakayanagi ofc). Sure, she's fallen for him, but she also realizes he's using her. I think that's pretty important for their relationship. And

2)He was questioned(by Karuizawa, and questioned himself as well) about the ethics as to what he was doing. He realizes he's using Karuizawa as a tool, and still sees others as chess pieces on a board, but wonders if he can evolve past that mindset and see people as more than that. Its small, but it does show that there's a willingness to grow as a character, when before, he had no desires one way or the other.

Old 2022-09-26, 12:02   Link #57
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
Keikaku doori. He got a very loyal tool now after the precise planning and emotional manipulation. But maybe his own emotions will get manipulated as well?
He already bought medicine for Kei after that incident, more cynical people might interpret that as just taking good care of your pawn after you've put them through torture, but I'd like to go with Kei's interpretation that he's already experiencing emotions he'd never felt before, like concern for other human beings

What really surprises me though is Kei's apparent willingness to go with whatever he asks of her. I still can't figure out whether this is all because of Kiyopon's plan, or were there genuine feelings involved on Kei's part that made her a more willing pawn than others. It might be a mix of both of course, but I get the feeling that he'd definitely get more resistance if he tried this "convert Kei into a very loyal pawn" plan on say, Horikita for example. It would've worked too well for Airi though

And then there's that part about Kiyotaka asking Kei about Sato. It accomplished two different goals at once, one, to evaluate whether Sato is a useful tool, and second to make Kei even more jealous. It's amazing how almost every step is calculated to be as efficient as possible and produce multiple desirable results or maybe I'm just overthinking this

I'm really excited about how he'd have to deal with Kikyo. I'd like to see more of Kiyopon's elaborate Rube Goldberg plans rather than more direct methods like putting a cheat sheet on her uniform which, if successful, would've exposed Kei as a pawn.

They've even pointed out in S1 that a classmate getting expelled would probably have a consequence for the entire class, and I really thought they forgot about that when Kiyotaka tried to take Kikyo out with the cheating thing, but turns out again, Keikaku doori, even without the cooperation of Class C Kiyotaka calmly stated that they'd become class C, but come down to D right after Kikyo gets expelled.

TL;DR can't wait for s3.
Old 2022-09-26, 22:11   Link #58
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
He already bought medicine for Kei after that incident, more cynical people might interpret that as just taking good care of your pawn after you've put them through torture, but I'd like to go with Kei's interpretation that he's already experiencing emotions he'd never felt before, like concern for other human beings
Or it could be a manipulative move to increase her affection level.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-27, 23:09   Link #59
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
What really surprises me though is Kei's apparent willingness to go with whatever he asks of her. I still can't figure out whether this is all because of Kiyopon's plan, or were there genuine feelings involved on Kei's part that made her a more willing pawn than others. It might be a mix of both of course, but I get the feeling that he'd definitely get more resistance if he tried this "convert Kei into a very loyal pawn" plan on say, Horikita for example. It would've worked too well for Airi though
Nah, I wouldn't say that. Horikita has already been used several times already, and unlike Karuizawa, Horikita has a certain level of competency that Ayanokoji only has to intervene slightly to get the desired results(or not), as she'll do much of the legwork. She pretty much did exactly as he wanted during the sports fest(although the advice he gave there is what he gave before; only that she dismissed it thinking other classmates were useless).

I don't feel it would have worked on Sato at all She has a superficial like for Ayanokoji; nothing like the deep gratitude Karuizawa had for saving her from a deep psychological trauma. There's no way she would have done anything Karuizawa had done like planting cheat sheets and so forth, even if they were dating. She would have questioned him along the lines of being "weird" or "joking" and wouldn't perform as needed, especially if it's toward a classmate.

Old 2022-09-28, 22:40   Link #60
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Nah, I wouldn't say that. Horikita has already been used several times already, and unlike Karuizawa, Horikita has a certain level of competency that Ayanokoji only has to intervene slightly to get the desired results(or not), as she'll do much of the legwork. She pretty much did exactly as he wanted during the sports fest(although the advice he gave there is what he gave before; only that she dismissed it thinking other classmates were useless).
Horikita is certainly easier to "nudge" to do certain things, but she's stubborn enough that she needs more convincing and more work to bring to Karuizawa's level of trust, and she's also too independent that she outright rejects some of Kiyotaka's suggestion which in the end turns out to be the correct choice, that's why I said the methods Kiyotaka used as they appeared won't work that well on Horikita.

Quote:
I don't feel it would have worked on Sato at all She has a superficial like for Ayanokoji; nothing like the deep gratitude Karuizawa had for saving her from a deep psychological trauma. There's no way she would have done anything Karuizawa had done like planting cheat sheets and so forth, even if they were dating. She would have questioned him along the lines of being "weird" or "joking" and wouldn't perform as needed, especially if it's toward a classmate.
Sato also don't have that level of authority with the class D girls that Karuizawa have, apart from Kushida probably. So you got a competent pawn who's the unofficial leader of the girls with a traumatic background that makes her easily manipulated, not to mention that they're not even in the same clique (ie less suspicion that they're working together) since Kiyopon is with the normies, what's not to like?