AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-10-29, 20:49   Link #41
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well get to finely meet the whole Usaki family and Fujio just really being a dad

Poor Kiri just wants to eat udon that been stepped on by a girl
Old 2022-10-29, 21:19   Link #42
HandofFate

what a full family.
interesting that with her family, in the beginning at least, till the conversation gets more intense,Hana doesn't deny him as her boyfriend when they they label him as such.
Old 2022-10-30, 14:12   Link #43
Dj0rel
True Believer

We got to see Tsuki's eyes. A rare occurrence. I wonder if we'll ever get to see Yanagi's.
Old 2022-11-05, 10:15   Link #44
Frontier

Sakurai and Uzaki continue to live rent free in each others' heads !

Of course Fuji has to go and talk about his daughter in front of his fellow gym goers...including Sakurai, who has no idea they're talking about him no matter how many times the arrows smack him, and the other guys just riff on how ridiculous and dumb Fuji and the whole situation is. And Fuji is left feeling confident after speaking with Sakurai, still completely oblivious to the fact that he's the boy in question in his daughters' life. Classic Uzaki .

See the look on Uzaki's face in that flashback of her watching Sakurai swim! She was so totally into him .

Yanagi seems as interested in Hana and Sakurai's relationship as her parents are, but for the sake of her own amusement .

Wow, Tsuki in the bath! You can definitely see where Hana got those Sugoi Dekai's from !

Look at the Uzaki parents flirting so much on Tsuki's birthday! They even talk about having another kid in front of their current kids! Totally embarrassing for said kids, but also super cute .

Tsuki goes to all that trouble to ship Sakurai and Uzaki together, thinking this will help Sakurai move on from his feelings for her that she can't reciprocate...and in the end she's left thinking Sakurai had sex with her daughter in their house and wants to do it with both Uzaki women. This delusion just gets more and more amusingly crazy by the episode .

Wow, a season and a half and Uzaki had genuinely not known Sakurai's birthday? Well, better late than never and luckily in the same month as her mom .

"Nice Meat Day!" I think I know what meat Ami is referring to. And of course her idea of a birthday gift involves cosplay .

That's a pretty chill and low-key romantic birthday between the pair! Just gaming, eating together, and reading manga...it's super comfy and cozy! Which fits these two very well .

Sakurai with his post-workout glow-up is now appreciating Uzaki more, and even Uzaki sees Sakurai in a better light (beyond him geeking out over cats)...and now Uzaki has a timetable for acting on her feelings because Sakurai's going to graduate from college next year. And him staying back a year isn't going to happen no matter how much Uzaki hopes, leaving her with a bit of a rush to do something before he graduates .

"Uzaki-chan wants to confess!" - Wait, what!? Seriously!? Wow .
Old 2022-11-05, 11:17   Link #45
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
"Uzaki-chan wants to confess!" - Wait, what!? Seriously!? Wow .
Yeah, that's a mistranslation. That would have to be 告白したい, but since it is 告白させたい the correct translation is "Uzaki-chan wants to get confessed to!"

I am looking forward to senpai meeting the rest of the family, especially the father.

Btw., is it common to use Tsuki-san among spouses? It sounds kind of too distant this way.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-05, 12:40   Link #46
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
Yeah, that's a mistranslation. That would have to be 告白したい, but since it is 告白させたい the correct translation is "Uzaki-chan wants to get confessed to!"

I am looking forward to senpai meeting the rest of the family, especially the father.

Btw., is it common to use Tsuki-san among spouses? It sounds kind of too distant this way.
Oh yeah, Uzaki would probably still be convinced Senpai is in love with her and thinks he has to be the one to confess .

I think it's normal for married couples to refer to each other as -san.
Old 2022-11-05, 13:52   Link #47
Dj0rel
True Believer

The increasing number of arrows pointing at Sakurai made the gym conversation extra funny.
Old 2022-11-05, 19:38   Link #48
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Tsuki is probably the most entertaining character for me. Her misunderstandings never get old. She really should stop watching those dramas where women cheat on their husbands with young guys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Oh yeah, Uzaki would probably still be convinced Senpai is in love with her and thinks he has to be the one to confess .
It's also an obvious reference to a certain other anime. I guess pride and unwillingness to admit their own feelings is something both heroines have in common.
Old 2022-11-05, 20:51   Link #49
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Wow Shinichi is really dense all the guys at the gym where talking about him and Hana to a tee and he never picked up on it
Old 2022-11-05, 23:13   Link #50
grecefar

The arrows were a nice and funny touch in the gym.

They were totally acting like a couple in that birthday party. Just a little more and they get together.

Not much longer I hope.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-06, 11:55   Link #51
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Wow, we're just breezing through the calendar .

Also wouldn't be surprised if Uzaki getting a new sibling was announced in the next episode. Parents really do seem to be going for a fourth.

Also that darn coward! She chickened out! Finally realized that there was a reason to hurry the heck up and then completely bailed . It is a good thing of course that Hana finally realizes that there is a reason to hurry things up. Sure I don't see Sakurai cutting all ties here. It's different from how things were in highschool. But at the same time...she really should make her move to build a much stronger connection while she can.
Old 2022-11-06, 19:05   Link #52
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Also that darn coward! She chickened out! Finally realized that there was a reason to hurry the heck up and then completely bailed . It is a good thing of course that Hana finally realizes that there is a reason to hurry things up. Sure I don't see Sakurai cutting all ties here. It's different from how things were in highschool. But at the same time...she really should make her move to build a much stronger connection while she can.
Honestly, I could see Sakurai drifting away from her. Uzaki is always the one inviting him to hang out or just straight up crashing at his place, he only contacts her when he wants a cooking lesson. He's just not the type to bother maintaining a relationship with other people.
Old 2022-11-06, 19:53   Link #53
Dj0rel
True Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Also wouldn't be surprised if Uzaki getting a new sibling was announced in the next episode.
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2022-11-06, 20:48   Link #54
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj0rel View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Spoiler for What I think you mean:

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-12, 11:17   Link #55
Frontier

Yanagi knows her sister well and she's going to get to the bottom of Uzaki's romance no matter how much Uzaki resists and denies it .

Look at Sakaki so smug and towering over Uzaki as she witness how popular Sakurai is with other girls. She really needs to make her move! Expect she's still in denial and just writes off her feelings of jealousy as just her typical concern about Sakurai being lonely and believing he just likes her...and Sakaki is so over this @#$%. And she's acting like she's in a old romcom where she needs a full year to make a move when she could literally just end this with a simple confession. Or Sakurai could confess. Whatever works .

Well, the best way to a man's heart is through his stomach, so I guess that means Uzaki has to make him a bento! It's definitely pretty middle-school level of romance, but that's basically where these two are at at this point, so better late than never !

Everyone in the Uzaki family crowding around Hana as she makes a bento for Sakurai...Fuji just flexing, Kiri is after leftovers, Yanagi knows what's up, and Tsuki acting like the only sane woman and like she can finally have proper mother-daughters bonding not realizing she's as much of a busybody as the rest of her family. But that's why we love her .

Look at these two blushing so hard over eating their bento's together! But it was a genuinely sweet romantic moment between the pair .

Wow, Yanagi really is a gamer when you see her room, chair, and beating her older sister at Fall Guys...I mean, Cat Guys !

If Hana isn't going to reveal anything about her Senpai and her romance...Yanagi will just have to go out and see it for herself! And she does by visiting the cafe and finally properly meeting Sakurai! And you can tell she's enjoying every minute of it despite her older sisters' frustrations .

Yanagi and Sakurai hit it off pretty well, especially since they're both gamers. Sakurai even thinks Yanagi is better mannered than her older sister, but at least he admits Uzaki has strong big sis energy (which makes sense with two younger siblings). Although once again he gets to first-name basis with another Uzaki girl. Sorry Hana .
Old 2022-11-12, 13:25   Link #56
Dj0rel
True Believer

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Does anyone know which game were Yanagi and Sakurai referencing in their conversation. I mean the game Hana played with Yanagi is obviously Fall Guys reference.
Old 2022-11-12, 19:24   Link #57
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It's nice to see the people around them acknowledge Uzaki and Sakura are on the level of middle schoolers. Uzaki was even embarrassed people would notice she made a bento for him when the whole school already thinks they're going out. Well, maybe not the whole school, those girls were clearly hitting on Sakurai. I'd like to see the situation reversed, how would he react?

Yanagi of course ended up being called by her first name as well. Little does Hana know he's also on first name basis with her father, he just needs to meet Kiri and she'll be the only Uzaki he calls by her last name.
Old 2022-11-12, 19:27   Link #58
grecefar

It's rare but not unheard that the ikemen guy is such a bro. Not only he helps his bro romance but if the girl is like uzaki and she can't be honest he goes to find a way to introduce a girl to him so saku can date too. He push pressure on uzaki but can help his bro to find a girl who is willing to date him and for the looks of it saku is really popular now that girls know he is a teddy bear thanks to uzaki.

But it seems that now he knows that they act like middle schooler and was his mistake to think that uzaki can be an adult and confess herself.

I knew yanagi and saku would hit off, both are gamers.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-12, 21:46   Link #59
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well got to say that Yanagi really is persistence to find Shinichi and it didnt even take that long to
Old 2022-11-14, 01:07   Link #60
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I would not blame Sakaki if he plain snapped and tried to murder Uzaki. It is unbelievably late in the game for her to try and turn this into Kaguya-sama! I agree with him that her focus on him graduating is silly. That is so far away in terms of a pressure point. There shouldn't be any need for his graduation to be that when she can just confess right now! Focusing on the potential threats that won't wait to confess to him are far more pressing. Sure she's right that he probably wouldn't start dating someone else. But you kind of want her to start thinking she might be wrong just to move things along.

Yanagi is right on the nose about Hana's romantic side being on the level of a middle schooler. Now she's thinking about making him boxed lunches. At this point!? I'll agree with Sakaki. Might as well do it since it shows some level of being proactive. Still zero times zero in terms of progress, but oh well.

I'm definitely enjoying the Uzaki family. Yanagi openly teasing her sister or Kiri just wanting to snack on the leftovers .

Yanagi is really proving to be one of the stars of this second season. Love her effort level in getting into all this. Plus just being there adds some extra pressure onto Hana. Which honestly she deserves to feel at this point . I mean her tactical thinking is pretty weak. If she can keep Yanagi away from her senpai that day she'll be fine? When she can show up at any time she wants? I guess her trauma about Saku being quick to call the members of her family by their first name compared to how long it took with her is still pretty serious .

Honestly though, Yanagi should get along pretty well with Saku. Plus if nothing else it just makes Hana a bit uncomfortable and that's fun to watch. She's gotten to comfortable at times after all.