Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-07, 00:09   Link #41
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

@Xellos
As much as I prefer Shana over Nagi (much lesser of the 'evils' IMO), I still stand by thinking that the HnG crowd (not necessarily fans of Nagi) would win over Shana. I'd be happy if that wasn't the case though.

And people were talking about the Dark Horse of the tourney before. If it's anyone IMO, it would be Ayu. Sure she's popular enough, but no one really expects her to get very far in the tourney, at least in relation with the top dogs. That's why I think she'll win her block, despite Rika being THE loli of HiguNaku.

And is Rena in block F? Sui's main contenders are all in the other half of the block, with the top being Tsukasa, Sou, and Miyuki. Rena's going to get slaughtered unfortunately by Kagamin-sama. XD

While I do agree Fate is a tough contender, I'm pretty sure Suigintou's fans are hungry for success considering IIRC her early elimination from the tourney proper last year, at least in relation with the other big guns. Her being the second highest vote count in the prelims is evidence of this I believe. That's why I think she'll have at least a 10% win margin.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2007-08-07, 00:12   Link #42
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgethis_sg View Post
Is it wrong to want Jun Watarase to win the tournament?
i wouldn't say it's wrong.. but the chances of her/him winning is quite slim... and even if she/he does pull a win against her/his first match against hinagiku, she/he still has to beat the white devil which is more unlikely... but if you just want her/him to win, i have no right to say it's wrong because moe is subjective...
Old 2007-08-07, 01:19   Link #43
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3phyr.mp3 View Post
i only see the unfinished copy... did you upload the wrong one???

made a new sig for the upcoming match... will be making a new sig for each match i'm interested in... so if you support the character currently in my sig feel free to copy it and use it to help spread the love for the character currently in the sig...
my sig making skills are crappy so pls son't expect something spectacular...
You're probably looking at a cached copy. Refreshing should do the trick.

- - -

Some thoughts...

First, we have Shizuru vs. Natsuki (and a couple others) at B-1. Elsewhere, we have a sisters war in C-4 with Chika vs Nobue.

If there's anything that might tip the scales in SP's Chiyo favor, this is it.
Old 2007-08-07, 01:24   Link #44
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
^
ohhh... ok... just went and looked at it... nice job...
Old 2007-08-07, 01:46   Link #45
Aaeru
Simoun Sibylla

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgethis_sg View Post
Is it wrong to want Jun Watarase to win the tournament?
After taking a peek at Happiness, I wouldn't be too upset if Jun won. It's making me look forward to Otoko Saimoe. Someone's got to hold one this year! I'm so ready to vote for Lelouche... Of course, I've got my own contestants I'm supporting in this match, though I suspect most of them won't get too far.
Old 2007-08-07, 03:57   Link #46
NissanNut
Mochi Addict

Send a message via AIM to NissanNut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaeru View Post
After taking a peek at Happiness, I wouldn't be too upset if Jun won.
Absolutely... I would love to see Jun advance from Group C and ultimately win it all!

I will be watching HnG pretty soon, so I can see for myself how much moe factor there is.
Old 2007-08-07, 05:14   Link #47
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
@Xellos
As much as I prefer Shana over Nagi (much lesser of the 'evils' IMO), I still stand by thinking that the HnG crowd (not necessarily fans of Nagi) would win over Shana. I'd be happy if that wasn't the case though.

And people were talking about the Dark Horse of the tourney before. If it's anyone IMO, it would be Ayu. Sure she's popular enough, but no one really expects her to get very far in the tourney, at least in relation with the top dogs. That's why I think she'll win her block, despite Rika being THE loli of HiguNaku.

And is Rena in block F? Sui's main contenders are all in the other half of the block, with the top being Tsukasa, Sou, and Miyuki. Rena's going to get slaughtered unfortunately by Kagamin-sama. XD

While I do agree Fate is a tough contender, I'm pretty sure Suigintou's fans are hungry for success considering IIRC her early elimination from the tourney proper last year, at least in relation with the other big guns. Her being the second highest vote count in the prelims is evidence of this I believe. That's why I think she'll have at least a 10% win margin.
Guess it'll be a wait or see situation with the Shana vs Nagi. It may simply come down to the size of the fanbases for Shana and HnG. Certainly I don't think Nagi on her own would merit a win in that case. Think that if there are those who are divided liking both shows. They could rationalize taking Shana on this one with so many HnG characters out there. Of course if they sit tight then it'll hit the fan base amount for each which I wouldn't have available at the top of my head.

Can agree you shouldn't count anyone out from advancing far since if you drop your guard then that could be it. Ayu could with her fans and the lack of being taken seriously against the top competition slip into things. Though maybe that means we should all support Rein and save the rest of the block . Suppose I should make the attempt to not just consider who I'd be supporting but the general consensus as well on these things. If it came down to Ayu vs Rika of course I'd go Rika 9/10 but that wouldn't count for everyone.

At least to my information Rena is sitting in block D. Maybe it's easier to have confidence when I never got into LS so just didn't watch much of the series after a certain point. Do think Rena should have a chance to survive her block there is competition that could take her out. So guess it'll come to the Higurashi fanbase and just overall how this second season turns out.

I can still see the Fate and Suigintou matchup being pretty close. Don't think fans of either want to see one of them drop out this early in the running. Certainly prelims can show how much fans care about their particular character. Though in the prelims you aren't really voting against anyone just for. So hard to say how many of those fans for Suigintou want Fate to win. It could end out with a larger than 10% margin for sure though wouldn't be shocked if it was pretty close. At least personally I've got no clue where I'm sitting on that one.
Old 2007-08-07, 05:16   Link #48
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
yea if only pigs can fly but i do think that jun deserves a lot of respect ~ this tournament is all about the moe factor and for jun he she is made up of MOE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ando View Post
Saimoe main tournament opening MAD:

http://www3.axfc.net/uploader/12/so/N12_32403.avi.html

password: saimoe

cool
epix...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2007-08-07 at 05:26.
Old 2007-08-07, 05:28   Link #49
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

my poor Maria-san... to be paired against KAGAMI-sama... oh what tragic fate.

predictions...

group A: Shana to win

Shana, Kallen, Kanaria -> Shana
Tenma, Tomohane, Shirley -> Shirley
Shirley vs. Shana -> Shana

Miki, Yokino, Tomoe -> Tomoe
Chiyo, Nagi, Ayano -> Nagi
Tomoe vs. Nagi -> Nagi

Nagi vs. Shana -> Shana (although I want Nagi to win)

Group B: Konata to win

Isumi, Yui, Siesta -> Isumi
Nayuki, Konata, Rin -> Konata
Isumi vs. Konata -> Konata

Kanata, Kaede, Sae -> Kanata
CC, Chikaru, Fine -> CC
Kanata vs. CC -> CC

Konata vs. CC-> Konata

the rest to follow...
Old 2007-08-07, 05:51   Link #50
wontaek

Korea Moe Tournament Preliminary day 10 result.

Lucky Star's force is really strong ( Correction: The force is strong with Hiiragi family )

Spoiler for Group 55 - 60 results:
Old 2007-08-07, 05:58   Link #51
wontaek

Korea Moe Tournament Preliminary final day match

Death enters the taverna.
Passing are coal black horses and sinister people
moving with the soul of the guitar.
And there is the odor of women’s blood blended with salt
amid the spikenards so fev’rish in march land and swamp
Death enters, enters and then the Reaper goes from the taverna

Malaguena( from Cancion de jinete ( Song of the Horseman ) by Federico Garcia Lorca)

Spoiler for Group 61 - 64 match up:
Old 2007-08-07, 06:23   Link #52
NissanNut
Mochi Addict

Send a message via AIM to NissanNut
Korean Saimoe 2007
4:2
A huge surprise! Inchou managed to 201 votes and third place in Group 57... episode 15 of Seto no Hanayome must have been huge for her.
Wow... did Hiiragi Matsuri ever run away with it in her Group 60 victory!
Spoiler for NissanNut's votes for Groups 61-64:
Old 2007-08-07, 06:29   Link #53
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaeru View Post
After taking a peek at Happiness, I wouldn't be too upset if Jun won. It's making me look forward to Otoko Saimoe. Someone's got to hold one this year! I'm so ready to vote for Lelouche... Of course, I've got my own contestants I'm supporting in this match, though I suspect most of them won't get too far.
It's called SaiGAR.
Old 2007-08-07, 06:35   Link #54
ando

Character icons of the second prelims:

Old 2007-08-07, 07:42   Link #55
OverFunk
It will never be the year

I just had to participate in toady's preliminaries in Korean Saimoe. Round 62 had Shana vs Nagi (part I).

61: Kaguya. Suiseiseki doesn't need help here.
62: Shana. Good to measure the hypothetic block final.
63: Yoko.
64: Amber. I can't believe C.C.v2 was eliminated from the other Saimoe.

As for the other Saimoe:

A-1(08/08): シャナ@灼眼のシャナ シリーズ(Shana@Shakugan no Shana Series)

I really like Eva and Yuzuha, but this one is the most moé I can get for a character.

A-5(08/08): リシアンサス(シア)@SHUFFLE! MEMORIES(Lisianthus(Sia)@SHUFFLE! MEMORIES)

She wins by default, i.e., my ignorance about the other two.

A-9(08/08): 神楽@銀魂(Kagura@Gintama)

Teh other Rie (voting seiyuu, since I've only seen 3 eps from Gintama) has a chance if the minor (non-doll) RM characters get split votes.

Also thanks to ando for showing us that MAD and to Aya Reiko for the illustrated brackets.
Old 2007-08-07, 08:57   Link #56
arkxkra
全力全開

Korean Saimoe
Very hard for me to pick ... >.<" ...

Spoiler for Group 61 to 64:

For 2moro Saimoe Tournament
> A-1: Shana

only 1 vote.
Old 2007-08-07, 09:24   Link #57
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

In less than 15 minutes time from this post, the 2007 Anime Saimoe Tournament will commence.

I will take over from ando and provide coverage of every day's match-ups, while ando will continue to provide the results as soon as they're up.

I must confess that I may be more familiar with certain characters and series than others, so you may find some groups wanting in comments. Please do bear with me.

Spoiler for Aug 8th candidates and comments:

The illustrated instruction for the codes will be up as soon as the code for this match day is available.

Until then, can ando please provide the temporary links just for today? Thanks!

Last edited by Kinny Riddle; 2007-08-07 at 10:02.
Old 2007-08-07, 09:45   Link #58
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Pretty easy picks for me on this very first day of the new phase.

A-1 = Shana
A-5 = Sia
A-9 = Nori

Though, it does hurts a little to see Yuzuha getting owned so quickly. >_< !
Old 2007-08-07, 09:52   Link #59
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Now that we're through the prelims, I start voting. Well, actually this year I voted through the second set of prelims too, but today I'll start declaring my votes.

A-1:Evangeline A.K. McDowell@Negima!? - Shana is close, but I have to vote for the Dark Evangel. Though I'm not really voting for the Negima!? flavor so much as the Mahou Sensei Negima one.

A-5:Tomohane - Twin-tails wins, though I would almost vote for Sia.

A-9: Sakurada Nori - This is probably the easiest pick for me, I've never seen Gintama (though I keep meaning to), and I think Nori is the most interesting of the Rozen Maiden non-doll girls between the lacrosse and the flowery hamburgers.
Old 2007-08-07, 10:10   Link #60
Furudanuki

After looking over the draw for this phase of the tournament I am definitely not a very happy tanuki. It seems that the vast majority of trios either contain two or three characters that I like pitted against each other, or they have three characters who I either don't know or don't care about. Not a lot of trios with one single clear choice for me. I predict ulcers in my future...

Tanuki picks for today:

A-1: Evangeline A.K. McDowell @ Negima!?
I'll have to admit up front that this vote is for the manga version of Eva. Shana is OK, but she doesn't hit as many moe buttons for me as Eva does. Also hate that I can't support Yuzuha...

A-5: Lisianthus(Sia) @ SHUFFLE! MEMORIES)
I have to go with Sia here, but this is another painful choice because Tomohane was my favorite inukami.

A-9: Sakurada Nori @ Rozen Maiden Ouverture
I'm not a big RM fan, but Nori wins my support for having to put up with all of the others. If I was in her shoes I'd have kicked the whole lot of them out of the house and changed the locks.
Closed Thread