3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-11-12, 12:12   Link #41
Kusano

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Am I supposed to believed that artificial pilot booth are sound proof when the game is started? Because if it is not, it would be very silly if they cannot communicate just by talk louder.

And for the Sekai...he is really needs to stop being reckless. I wonder, how long is he going to behave like that?

So, the battle is once again ended with a knuckle...a winning knuckle.
Excellent display of teamwork, I know right? Lol

Underwhelming is how I would describe for this week's battle. Considering how last season's tactical battle between Kampfer and K-9 was so exciting, I was expecting something just as good in comparison. Ez8 team deploying their tactics was a good start but all their work get instantly tarnished by some deus-ex machina.

I thought the producers said there will be less knuckles this season? Or they still don't get it? Team Try fighter has yet to show me any wins with real strategy and they just seem force their way through with the power of the machines instead.

Now I think about it each battle so far have been underwhelming and yet to be as good as some of the battles in the first half of season 1. At this point I feel like I'm just watching for the character interactions, meanwhile the battle feel more like an afterthought.
Old 2014-11-12, 12:27   Link #42
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

They said they'll thinking about various ways to end the match, didn't mean less Build Knuckle;
As implied by Domon silhouette in OP and Jigen Haoh symbol in Sekai's gi, GBFT will be similar to G Gundam.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-12, 14:12   Link #43
kuroihikari2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusano View Post
Ez8 team deploying their tactics was a good start but all their work get instantly tarnished by some deus-ex machina.
Deus Ex Machina. You're using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

The science squad, just like the Renato brothers, were arrogant. They thought they didn't need intel because it wouldn't matter anyway. That's what did them in.

Also, even though the enemies were done in by punches, it was different techniques each time. And that was just Sekai's fights (because yeah, what do you expect a martial artist to finish a fight with). Yuuma and Fumina also actually beat opponents, and they don't do it with punches.
kuroihikari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-12, 15:30   Link #44
Kusano

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroihikari2 View Post
Deus Ex Machina. You're using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

The science squad, just like the Renato brothers, were arrogant. They thought they didn't need intel because it wouldn't matter anyway. That's what did them in.

Also, even though the enemies were done in by punches, it was different techniques each time. And that was just Sekai's fights (because yeah, what do you expect a martial artist to finish a fight with). Yuuma and Fumina also actually beat opponents, and they don't do it with punches.
I used the word incorrectl, maybe? Teach me how to use it.

Doesn't really change how little variety there is to all their battles so far. Different techniques, different name you may say, but in the end it's still same pose and punch. Being a team game, I have yet to get a real sense of co-ordination from team Try Fighters. The flow of the battles also feel very rushed or anti-climatic I have to say. You have team Dragonar dominating for most of the battle then the show just resorts to some power up from from Winning Gundam and destroys team Dragonar instantly. I really got no tension or excitement from that.

I think I'm just also very bitter to see a cool team like Dragonar get defeated so easily.
Old 2014-11-12, 16:27   Link #45
BoyTitan

The battles are just way to one sided this season. Side A gets butt kicked then all of a sudden side B gets its butt kicked. Sure even last season was some what turn based but it was a uphill battle filled with tricks.
Old 2014-11-12, 16:38   Link #46
kuroihikari2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusano View Post
I used the word incorrectl, maybe? Teach me how to use it.

Doesn't really change how little variety there is to all their battles so far. Different techniques, different name you may say, but in the end it's still same pose and punch. Being a team game, I have yet to get a real sense of co-ordination from team Try Fighters. The flow of the battles also feel very rushed or anti-climatic I have to say. You have team Dragonar dominating for most of the battle then the show just resorts to some power up from from Winning Gundam and destroys team Dragonar instantly. I really got no tension or excitement from that.

I think I'm just also very bitter to see a cool team like Dragonar get defeated so easily.
DEM is basically a plot device that solves everything and that came out of nowhere. This, on the other hand, was discussed for the whole episode and hinted at in the previous two. Before that, it was even spoiled by the OP.

Seiken Zuki, Shippuu Zuki, and especially Rasen-ken all look entirely different from each other. And frankly, I don't really understand why ending the fight with the same pose atters is a problem. It's a G-Gundam reference mecha, that Gundam show whose lead Gundam always ends its fights with a Finger of some sort.
kuroihikari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-12, 16:57   Link #47
Galaxian

Quote:
And for the Sekai...he is really needs to stop being reckless. I wonder, how long is he going to behave like that?

Until he gets destroyed by the Destiny guy, at which point we'll have an episode of hin being depressed, and then it'll be the "new and improve" Sekai.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-12, 18:47   Link #48
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Sakai noticed it pretty early, Fumina used to be weakest link of the team, now she's literally the foundation pillar. Once Fumina taken out of picture, it's the end for TRY fighters unless Sekai can learn to be less a retard and Yuuma need to improvise and go all out.
I would not use the term retard to describe Sekai, not only is it a derogatory term, he's not even close to mentally impaired in anyway

Hes a hothead, thats about it, and his relation with Yuuma clearly does not help this

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
, and transfer student he reminds me of a younger Slegger Law (MSG)
So thats why he seemed so goddamn familiar, I couldn't put my finger on it till you mentioned him

Quote:
He's just lonely sad man, give him a leeway
More socially impaired than anything, guy must have had a really weird upbringing

Quote:
Am I supposed to believed that artificial pilot booth are sound proof when the game is started? Because if it is not, it would be very silly if they cannot communicate just by talk louder.

If thats the case then the opponents will hear too if they talk that loud

As for the match, it officially ended when Fumina wrecked Seiran's plans with her Winnings hidden abilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
The battles are just way to one sided this season. Side A gets butt kicked then all of a sudden side B gets its butt kicked. Sure even last season was some what turn based but it was a uphill battle filled with tricks.
Dude these are the prelim's. Sei/Reiji wrecked everyone in their preliminaries too aside from the match where Kirara sabotaged the Build Strike and the match with Sasaki where Reiji was completely out of focus (leading to the loss of an arm and shield). In all cases their opponents never stood a chance.

At this point really the only thing the prelim's are for is to establish Try Fighters as legit competitors and working out the team kinks. The uphill battles are going to come afterwards
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-12, 19:00   Link #49
Wandering Soul

Quote:

I imagine that sooner or later they will address the problem of Sekai always rushing in without thinking or coming up with a plan beforehand. Probably by having him suffer another defeat.

I also imagine he and Yuuma will have to work together without Fumina there to meditate.
Old 2014-11-12, 20:29   Link #50
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
I think someone is calling Extreme Gundam...
He's talking about Mic Saunders 13th, a silly looking robot who transforms into a BRAVE GUITARIST who DEFEATS EVIL by the POWER OF ROCK!

And courage, but by the time Mic shows up, the courage is assumed to always set to be On.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-12, 20:30   Link #51
Death Usagi
Banned

More like isn't Build Burning Gundam kind of damaged right now with all the battles so far? I wonder if someone else like Fumina or Yuuma is taking care of its repairs.
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-12, 20:39   Link #52
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I think the team aspect alone helps prevent the repetition that came up for the original Build Fighters final battles. Even if Sekai is finishing his opponents with punches (it is a melee unit so at least we can't say he isn't using a better option) his teammates are fighting in their own ways.
Old 2014-11-12, 20:46   Link #53
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroihikari2 View Post

They did get intel. They did full research on Team Try, it's just that when something unexpected happens, it just throws them off the trail completely.

And yes, Sekai needs to stop talking about fairness or one on one fights. Is he f#$king stupid?

Sakai too. He's annoying as hell.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-12, 21:02   Link #54
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Well to his credit, Sekai did add more variations to his punches

Good episode, but sorta underwhelming as I expected a great tactical battle with the Try Fighter working together, now they are just 'glued' together. Good to see Fumina taking a great supporting role, but Sekai needs to be much more team spirited and working together.
Old 2014-11-12, 21:20   Link #55
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

SRSC have the same problem as Napoleon: They have a good and intricate plan, that looks like a beautiful harness, but once something unexpected happens and goes off plan, their plan falls apart. In contrast, Try Fighters' plan is made from rope. If a part breaks, they just tie a knot and keep at it.

SRSC underestimated Try Fighters and were complacent, and paid for that complacency.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-12, 21:24   Link #56
s07195
However,

One thing I don't understand is what the point of disrupting communication is if they're pretty much standing right next to each other in real life...
Old 2014-11-12, 21:26   Link #57
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Knowing the problem of build knuckle they said

will find more way to end the match they said

fuck your bullshit kuroda, you have build kick and build uppercut, use them instead another straight punch.
Old 2014-11-12, 21:29   Link #58
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
One thing I don't understand is what the point of disrupting communication is if they're pretty much standing right next to each other in real life...
Been wondering that myself through the entirety of Gundam Build Fighters. Best I can come up with is that there's some sort of sound-dampening technology installed in the hard light.

Which, honestly, makes sense. One, it adds to the immersion of being in a real mobile suit fight. Two, for tournaments and such, it drowns out the noise of the crowd, and allows the fighters to concentrate on the match, without them being utterly deaf. And three, it prevents bystanders from shouting out help or "cheats" during a fight, like telling one of the players where the other is and such.

You can pass through the hard light, as we've seen, but having it dampen sound would explain why Reiji and Sei would communicate over screen when they're literally standing next to each other.

Also seriously guys, it's been only six episodes, give it some time to give us more variety. Jeez.
Old 2014-11-12, 21:36   Link #59
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

In six episodes of GBF we got uber ebin Flamenco driven deadly match with Yuuki.
Old 2014-11-12, 23:46   Link #60
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Knowing the problem of build knuckle they said

will find more way to end the match they said

fuck your bullshit kuroda, you have build kick and build uppercut, use them instead another straight punch.
Indeed. One punch to end the fight is ridiculously boring. This is the main problem that made S1 final battle lame.

Need more taijutsu from Sekai. At least make Sekai keep punching (and add some kicks) his enemy to the oblivion..or pull Maito Gai's Night Elephant punch.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote