5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-10-29, 16:25   Link #41
Beefsquatch

Mao, assuming he is the master, trained a little bastard. I can't wait for the moment that Sekai pulls a "OMG WTF" move on him.

Last edited by Beefsquatch; 2014-10-29 at 18:33.
Beefsquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-29, 18:12   Link #42
NeutralZero

Rather than Seaki being that jerks rival, it's gonna be Yuuma
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-29, 19:08   Link #43
Galaxian

Minato is not nearly as charming as Mao was...

GBFT continues to be extremely predictable, but an entertaining ride all the way. Really enjoy the comedy as well as the the SD Gundams fighting so fiercely.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-29, 19:55   Link #44
Isaac Gravity

Yeah Minato, you're such a cool guy for shifting your bitterness onto a passerby who you know next to zilch 'bout. Real class act.

That aside, Sekai and Hoshino got something out of the battle so here's looking towards the future.

That and with each passing ep, Mirai proves herself to be like the best. Period. She even makes Yuuma (when he's not in his unsupportive jerk teammate moods) entertaining.
Isaac Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-29, 19:55   Link #45
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Another thing: Mega Shiki next episode!! I wonder who's piloting it; I hope it's Kousaka. Seems likely given the colour scheme.
Nope, Kousaka is still piloting the Lightning, hes just going to add on a fighter attachment

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
That rule is full of loopholes, what if you want to bring 1/550 MA or 1/1000 warship?
Then you would probably get your ass kicked, especially if you chose a warship lol

NO F****** WAY IS THAT THE BAKER FROM EPISODE 1 OF THE FIRST GBF???!!!1

NO, JUST NO, I DONT FREE MIXED IN WITH MY GUNDAM SHOWS (how the heck did they set up those battle stations anyways??)

NOW THATS A STRAIGHT UP INSULT TO US BUILDERS, CHEATER

This sure as hell is a highly customized HG or RG Destiny, the HG is utter trash (may as well build it from scratch)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-29, 20:34   Link #46
Nvis
Where are the good animes

^
Shinn be proud!

More Mirai stealing the show(as always)!

And Sekai and Sakai? WTF? Think of better names....
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-29, 20:40   Link #47
Galaxian

I propose we call him Minato... Or Not!Mao.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-29, 21:20   Link #48
Boukenxha

I might be digging myself a hole here, but that wasn't the best of an opportunity for either Sekai and Sakai to make a good first impression. Sakai came off as a bit of a jerk and has a mean mouth alright but trash talking in gunpla battles ain't new. Sekai himself was whooping the ass of kids half his size, I was half expecting them to cry when they lost haha.

The good is that Sekai seemed to be taking it in positively to be an eye opener, as did Fumina. Sakai also left with another good humbling advice of the small fish in a big pond analogy. Arguably if he believed in all that he just said, he probably had not discounted himself as one of the many fishes right?
Boukenxha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-29, 21:35   Link #49
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Nope, Kousaka is still piloting the Lightning, hes just going to add on a fighter attachment
The shiki is that all purple gunpla with the odd shaped backpack yeah? I think I saw one of the new characters piloting it, the one who got mistaken for Sei in the new opening (think it was the team with the white school uniforms?).
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-29, 21:37   Link #50
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

That is definitely HG Destiny, you can see the red STICKER slapped almost haphazardly on the shoulder. Red crotch also definitely imperfectly applied. Badly applied panel lines. Seam on the left shoulder, arm, and both LEGS. Also, untrimmed v-fin, lel. Oh and look at all that gloss, no flat coat either.

It's not even off model, they went out their way to perfectly represent a real snapbuild as it would look in real life.

The fun part is that Sekai is the only one physically and mentally resembles actual 14 years old...

So yeah he let his ego out a bit with the kids, but not in a bad way, since the kids WANT to play with him anyway.

Sakai on the other hand, is a bitch, hands down. To be fair, I'm pretty sure he recognized Fumina as part of Yuuma's clique, so he specifically went out to shame Sekai. That doesn't make him less of an ass.

Also, raise you hand if you will use C level damage in real life and nothing else.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2014-10-29 at 22:15.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-29, 22:54   Link #51
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
In the end Sakai does come off as a jerk. Gets pissed off even though I presume he's getting paid for building and delivering that gunpla and then decides to go and pick a fight with some random person. At least Sekai and Fumina were mature enough people to just take something positive from dealing with that guy.

Seems like everyone from that school of gunpla building starts out with a pretty bad first impression. Guess it will be up to Yuuma to overcome this guy's skills and teach him a bit of humility.
Old 2014-10-29, 23:15   Link #52
Random14

I would hope Sekai would eventually get to win a rematch with Sakai, but seems more like he'll be Yuuma's rival.

Though speaking of rivals, one of the fun things about season one of GBF was that there were a lot of friendly, respectful rivals- Fellini, Mao, Yuuki (when he wasn't hamming it up as Meijin), with some others after they defrosted a bit. Team Try Fighters is starting further behind than Sei and Reiji were since Sei had his famous father and clear building skills and Reiji was just very, very good. Fumina is stuck with a weak reputation, Yuuma is switching from art to piloting (and still probably some trauma) and Sekai is a not that strong a rookie compared to Reiji.

Here, Sakai clearly saw Sekai's SD was a first-time build, and he showed off his superior build skills and piloting skills while insulting Tokyo... and Sekai even said he wasn't from Tokyo, but whatever. Well, Sekai was fighting kids earlier, but that seemed friendlier, along with that other guy watching over it.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-29, 23:37   Link #53
Isaac Gravity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Here, Sakai clearly saw Sekai's SD was a first-time build, and he showed off his superior build skills and piloting skills while insulting Tokyo... and Sekai even said he wasn't from Tokyo, but whatever. Well, Sekai was fighting kids earlier, but that seemed friendlier, along with that other guy watching over it.
Which more or less contradicts all the smack-talk he gave to Sekai.

And yeah, he was fighting kids with both sides having a blast doing it that was the impression any passerby would've gotten: excitable older child playing with equally excitable young'uns. You'd probably question the force on the older kid's part but since both sides don't seem mind and want to keep going who cares?

Team Try Fighters most definitely has their work cut out for them yes.
Isaac Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-29, 23:39   Link #54
Wandering Soul

Sakai really does come off as a jerk. He was pissed that he was not the first guy they picked he goes out his way to pick a fight with someone who is a stranger to him while insulting and belittling him the entire time. Even if Sekai was battling with the kids it was pretty obvious the kids wanted to play with him.

At least Sekai and Fumina learned from the experience. It seems like Sakai will be Yuuma's rival and Yuuman will the one to take him down a peg. I'm curious about what the rest of Sakai's team is like though and who else is training at Mao's school.
Old 2014-10-29, 23:41   Link #55
Esclair

Having a gunpla battle station in the middle of the store with battle damage set to high. GO CAPITALISM.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-30, 00:14   Link #56
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Plus when the gunpla are ridiculously affordable in local prices, well.....

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-30, 00:34   Link #57
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
This sure as hell is a highly customized HG or RG Destiny, the HG is utter trash (may as well build it from scratch)
Are we even talking about the same kit? Or do you have any bad experiences with HG Destiny? Because I have a HG Destiny and it’s a very good HG kit. It’s solid except for the wing-joints which can only wear off if you play with the Wings of Light too much. It’s one of the best HGs from SEED Destiny line. Its good proportion and decent articulation (especially in the shoulders) slap HG Strike Freedom & HG Infinite Justice in the face. Even HG Destiny’s feet are better-looking than the ungodly huge feet of RG Destiny. Also, the HG’s Wings of Light are sturdy, looks decent with nice-looking glitters, and not an exclusive (aka. it’s cheap). What more do you want? As for stickers and unpainted parts, those are the nature of HGs and that applies to almost every HG in existence except for maybe a limited few that get special treatment from Bandai.
Old 2014-10-30, 00:55   Link #58
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefsquatch View Post
Mao, assuming he is the master, trained a little bastard. I can't wait for the moment that Sekai pulls a "OMG WTF" move on him.
No mao would not be a master. His teacher was equal to ramba ral. He was ridiculously over powered. Did you forget what a few moves from him and ral were capable of. Give mao another 60 thousand years and he can lead the school. Don't get why people think mao leads the school already when his teacher and ral are higher tier than every character shown so far including Seis dad. Chihan is absurdly strong.
Old 2014-10-30, 01:41   Link #59
kuroihikari2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
No mao would not be a master. His teacher was equal to ramba ral. He was ridiculously over powered. Did you forget what a few moves from him and ral were capable of. Give mao another 60 thousand years and he can lead the school. Don't get why people think mao leads the school already when his teacher and ral are higher tier than every character shown so far including Seis dad. Chihan is absurdly strong.
Well, Mao was seemingly the second best battler in his school 7 years ago, and the only person ranked above him being already dead by now. It's not unreasonable to assume that Mao is the master now.

Yes, maybe Mao didn't reach the greatness of Chinan, but there's really no other candidate for the position that we know of.
kuroihikari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-30, 01:44   Link #60
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Chinan's already dead by this point.