AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-01-10, 18:51   Link #41
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This adapation is shaping up to be great so far! The animation was very good and so was the pacing. The first arc is by far the worst, but it does have its moments. And it's extremely important to see the evolution of certain characters (one in particular). I wouldn't mind if they rushed it a bit though, and that's most likely what they're going to do since the original plan was to basically skip it.

Mizukamibros... after a thousand years, our time has finally come.
Old 2024-01-10, 19:41   Link #42
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I know nothing about this story, but I did do a bit of historical research at Wikipedia and found that 1564, when the show opens, is a fairly important year in the Eiroku era.

Quote:
1564 (Eiroku 7): Nobunaga attacked Inabayama Castle in an effort to take Mino Province from the Saitō clan, but was defeated and driven out of Mino.
I have no idea whether this matters at all, since I don't know what role, if any, historical events will play in this story. The fact that the billboard was so specific made me wonder.

Nobunaga took the castle three years later and made it his headquarters.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-10, 22:18   Link #43
Wandering Soul

This seemed like a good start. Never read the manga so I don't what to expect, but I'm looking forward to another one of Mizukami's works.
Old 2024-01-10, 23:11   Link #44
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Or remake Biscuit Hammer .
I mean eventually yes, it certainly deserves it. But Spirit Circle is his magnum opus, and that’s the one that anime needs to adapt and properly too. Biscuit Hammer and Sengoku Youko are great, Spirit Circle is one of the elite masterpieces in manga history.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-10, 23:13   Link #45
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
This seemed like a good start. Never read the manga so I don't what to expect, but I'm looking forward to another one of Mizukami's works.
Please stay with it until…. Well, until the plot more or less evolves into its final form. The first cour is going to be very good, but the second and third will blow it out of the water.
Old 2024-01-11, 00:58   Link #46
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-11, 02:01   Link #47
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Solid first episode.

Could be a nice dynamic between the main trio. Will have to see how things play out there. Overall I had a good time and the episode went by pretty quickly.
Old 2024-01-17, 12:10   Link #48
Frontier

When in doubt, always fall back on the Joestar Secret Technique .

Nothing beats an exciting and frenetic MindaRyn OP! And we've got our quartet of main characters on their individual journies, the first meeting between Jinka and Tama, Shaku in her final form, Jinka and Tama powering up Jinka in the most non-platonic sibling way possible, Shinuske trying to save Shaku, and all the threats they'll have to contend with on their journey .

No wonder Jinka is so tough if he was personally raised and taught by a legendary unbeatable sendou warrior named Kokugetsusai, though I wonder if Kokugetsusai is also responsible for his stance on humans ?

I love how Tama intimidates the truth out of the Dansaigyuu. Shakugan is basically their fault for performing human experiments on people to turn them into weapons against katawara, with Shakugan going berserk and ending up slaughtering her entire village when she went back with no real understanding of what's going on. This is basically all their fault, no matter how much they dress it up with their "good intentions" .

So the reason Shinsuke is so determined to become a samurai is because he grew up a farmer and saw first-hand where the only way to truly succeed in this world is with status and power, but that also means that he hates people who abuse said power on the common people, like with the Dansaigyuu. That just made it personal .

Jinka finally transforms again and battles Shakugan, and while she's sturdy and can dish out a huge beam attack, one giant punch from Jinka is enough to free the cute naked girl laying within the stone behemoth .

Tama isn't going to let the Dansaigyuu get away with this! And they're taking the fight straight to them! Well, after Shakugan wakes up of course .

Oh snap, Shakugan is voiced by Tomoyo Kurosawa! With an accent! Though Shaku seems like a really sweet and nice girl, which makes it all the more sad what happened to her. It wasn't even just the experiments, it was the fact that her own father sold her out for money to Monk Kenjiro Tsuda, and the village had always ostracized her for her red hair. Maybe it's better she not know what she did when she came back, though the way she smashed her father and the money he gained from selling her, seems like she deep down held a big grudge .

Jinka is kind of a psycho when it comes to targeting humans he deems as vermin, but Shinsuke is stuck with these two for the foreseeable future. Hope he survives the experience and gets stronger

"I need more than usual." So, uh, what were Jinka and Tama doing behind those rocks? Why was Tama clutching her collar? I suspect something a little lewd went on between the Siblings of World Reformation .

Well, they just had to make it fun for Jinka by attacking him head-on! Just what he wanted! And he makes short work of the monk grunts, though a monk with a rifle and their special beam attack hit him dead on .

The ED is a pretty serene and atmospheric piece by KEIKO, featuring Jinka, Tama, Shinsuke, and Shaku all laying during the passion of the seasons together .
Old 2024-01-17, 14:16   Link #49
Blaat

I always had Jōji Nakata voice in my head when I read REDACTED lines. I thought to myself "I hope they get him to voice the character but knowing Japan it's going to be Kenjiro Tsuda" and lo and beyold it's Kenjiro Tsuda.

Good episode, I'm disappointed the subs revealed the gender of Shakugan I think the manga translation tried to hide it as did the anime. (the monster shouts sounded more male than female at least)

Bit surprised they're keeping the 2 chapters per episode rate, I assumed they'd switch to 3 chapters per episode by now guess not.
Old 2024-01-17, 18:58   Link #50
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So far so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I always had Jōji Nakata voice in my head when I read REDACTED lines. I thought to myself "I hope they get him to voice the character but knowing Japan it's going to be Kenjiro Tsuda" and lo and beyold it's Kenjiro Tsuda.
I figured Tsuda would be in this, but not as that particular character. Doesn't fit at all IMO, he didn't even make an effort to sound older.
Old 2024-01-17, 19:18   Link #51
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Specifically on Tsuda. I am dying for him in another show and yet this is where he ends up.
Whyyyyyyy????
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-17, 20:36   Link #52
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Specifically on Tsuda. I am dying for him in another show and yet this is where he ends up.
Whyyyyyyy????
Whatever series it is, be patient. Tsuda gets cast in every series sooner or later.
Old 2024-01-18, 00:59   Link #53
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Whatever series it is, be patient. Tsuda gets cast in every series sooner or later.
No, that's not what I meant.
Mr. Villain was voiced by Tsuda for the drama CD version. But he wasn't cast for the anime.
So the fate is sealed and I am in pain.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-18, 02:06   Link #54
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
No, that's not what I meant.
Mr. Villain was voiced by Tsuda for the drama CD version. But he wasn't cast for the anime.
So the fate is sealed and I am in pain.
I’m pretty happy with the casting choice there.
Old 2024-01-18, 06:05   Link #55
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
So far so good.

I figured Tsuda would be in this, but not as that particular character. Doesn't fit at all IMO, he didn't even make an effort to sound older.
Ono Atsushi fits like a glove though.
Old 2024-01-18, 09:10   Link #56
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'm done. Dumb MC who screams all the time and a pretty generic story.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-18, 14:15   Link #57
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'm done. Dumb MC who screams all the time and a pretty generic story.
Which MC are we talking about though ?

I feel like Shinsuke's yelling here was pretty warranted though...and I hear the story gets more unique as it goes along .
Old 2024-01-18, 19:07   Link #58
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Which MC are we talking about though ?

I feel like Shinsuke's yelling here was pretty warranted though...and I hear the story gets more unique as it goes along .
I was gonna say…. Not really the main character, and I don’t think Shinsuke (if that’s the character in question) yells that much unless the context suggests it.

But, whatever - not every series is for everybody.
Old 2024-01-18, 20:33   Link #59
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I was gonna say…. Not really the main character, and I don’t think Shinsuke (if that’s the character in question) yells that much unless the context suggests it.

But, whatever - not every series is for everybody.
I feel like Jinka is like the "poster" character and the main fighting character (kind of like Inuyasha) while Shinsuke is the main audience POV character and Tama is kind of the moral main character.

(I'm anime-only by the way...)
Old 2024-01-18, 23:23   Link #60
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I could confirm of refute that but I won’t for obvious reasons…