AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-10-02, 19:41   Link #41
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I do like that we got a little scene before she went into that world. It is the usual victim of a exploitive workplace, but it makes sense. Last thing you want is someone that is happy with their life getting dumped into a world where they'll never see the people they cared about ever again .

The dynamic is fun with these two. And good on the MC for handling the situation...pretty well . Clever way to determine if she was stuck with a "canon name" for herself or if it was the character name she actually put in the game while playing. Without immediately having the memories of this girl's life that's a good way to gather intel.

Though I kind of feel for the Claire here. In the middle of chewing out this girl, then she calls her by name, corrects to using "sama", questions if she knew the MC's name, and then gets a "I love you." That's a lot for her to take in. Rae is going to make this girl's life quite crazy. Especially with her immediately going into confession mode. Talk about making the most of her situation! Even inviting the bullying because she's into it!

Solid first episode. Definitely goofy in a lot of ways, but it works
Old 2023-10-02, 20:05   Link #42
Alchemist007
*Author

Going to need 3 eps for this one, the dynamic with the male characters will matter because if it's just the girls doing the same routine I'm out.
Old 2023-10-03, 00:24   Link #43
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

This was absolutely hilarious.

I will definitely keep watching.
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-03, 09:55   Link #44
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Welp...people asked me to try it, so I did.

And...not bad but...I really can't say I found anything to like about it either. Its routine got incredibly repetitive fast.

I can see the appeal but this feels like a too easily digestible, mellow sweet for me.
Old 2023-10-03, 10:23   Link #45
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

It gets better later. But it is up to you.
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-03, 13:38   Link #46
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 1:

finally, time for eating some good yuri.

the goodnight hug made me laugh so hard.

also like the cute ending song. ^^
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-03, 14:07   Link #47
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I can see the appeal but this feels like a too easily digestible, mellow sweet for me.
Its hard to make much of a case for it without spoiling but its definitely the gayest yuri I've yet seen get animated. Rae has more rizz than Anisphia and is clearly the superior power bottom.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-03, 14:21   Link #48
zeross87

it's so hard to talk about anything without spoiling something with this one i agree. what we got on the first ep should continue for a few more ep but after that it's pretty wild.
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-03, 23:54   Link #49
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I get where you're all coming from. I don't dislike or hate this. I just don't find anything to like. I didn't laugh once, colours seemed muted, umpteenth rack off from reality for good, no particular rason to be intrigued by any character. I don't see waiting around for things to 'get better' will have a payoff.

Enjoy.
Old 2023-10-04, 09:39   Link #50
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I went to the wikipedia page (BIG mistake, it spoils the ending) to see who voiced Claire and she's apparently a newbie. No wonder I didn't recognize her.
She's actually a veteran:
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%A5...9E%9C%E6%9E%97

Also she's likely older than Serizawa, since Serizawa always uses polite language towards her in the after-talk here:
Spoilers
Spoiler for just for collapsing the YT embed
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Just a supplementary note from what I know, Serizawa is not someone who would use polite language with VAs she works with and interacts with a lot, unless they are older or her senior in the industry, such as Aimi. Moreover, both Serizawa and Nanami had worked together on other stuff before. And they are on close enough terms to go to Heaven Burns Red collab cafe together earlier this year. (Nanami plays Ooshima Ichiko Nikaidou Misato (sry, brainfart at my age and I sometimes write the wrong stuff even I was thinking otherwise ) in the game while Serizawa plays Asakura Karen). So I sort of concluded Nanami is older based on all this (I follow most Heaven Burns Red content and most of the VAs in it ), since Nanami's debut year is later, unless she does eroge before 2014 and it's not captured in the wiki.

On another side note on VAs, Aimin's voice alteration skill is just insane; Misha is another role where I couldn't tell without looking at the credits.

Last edited by larethian; 2023-10-04 at 20:24.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-04, 17:55   Link #51
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Oh, I assumed she was new because she didn't have an English page. And because I'd never heard of her.
Old 2023-10-04, 22:38   Link #52
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I went to the wikipedia page (BIG mistake, it spoils the ending) to see who voiced Claire and she's apparently a newbie. No wonder I didn't recognize her. On the other hand, the younger prince is voiced by Yoko Hikasa and my hears weren't playing tricks on me.

Rae isn't my cup for tea, mostly because if she were male this wouldn't fly, but I would recommend avoiding Tv Tropes pages as well for this or any ongoing series if you want to avoid spoilers.

Because they spoil everything.
Old 2023-10-05, 03:47   Link #53
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Rae isn't my cup for tea, mostly because if she were male this wouldn't fly, but I would recommend avoiding Tv Tropes pages as well for this or any ongoing series if you want to avoid spoilers.

Because they spoil everything.
Rae is deliberately behaving like comic relief lesbian from JP stand-up comedies or something like that (there was an explanation in the books). So you comparison is not valid here.
Old 2023-10-05, 20:01   Link #54
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Rae is deliberately behaving like comic relief lesbian from JP stand-up comedies or something like that (there was an explanation in the books). So your comparison is not valid here.
I mean you say she's acting deliberately for some reason, which I question... why?

Why would you act that way if you were a lesbian in a society that heavily pressures conformity to the degree that going after someone of the same gender is something you are supposed to grow out of? Why would you emulate a stereotypical caricature if you have genuine feelings for said person?

I could understand if it was to drive her away to deal with the bullying because she'd probably get creeped out enough call it off. But she's intentionally trying to get the villainess' attention and her unwanted affections are frustrating her, only kept up by the insane amount of pride she has not simply to leave her for the generic minions to deal with. Or she's got a thing for that particular kink, in which case more it'd be her deliberately doing it to appeal to that side of her.

And considering she's based on being from an otome game and having a fiance she was supposed to be engaged with, and thus not likely to have leanings towards women, there's a such thing as coming on too strong. You're more likely to drive someone who doesn't know they're even in the closet because of that. The only reason a relationship would work out between them under that logic is because this is a Yuri series, so its expected, rather than a product of them naturally falling for each other.

That and the fact that if she were a guy putting these same moves on her, it'd not nearly be as well tolerated.

I'm probably overthinking this but Yuri has been done better in this year alone.

Last edited by Twi; 2023-10-05 at 20:22.
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-06, 09:19   Link #55
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
I mean you say she's acting deliberately for some reason, which I question... why?
I mean if you want her character arc spoiled you know where to go... Wikipedia, TVTropes, etc.
Quote:
Why would you act that way if you were a lesbian in a society that heavily pressures conformity to the degree that going after someone of the same gender is something you are supposed to grow out of? Why would you emulate a stereotypical caricature if you have genuine feelings for said person?
Rei was isekaied in her 20s with a pretty firm grasp of her sexuality while Claire (at the moment) is into Thane. It might not seem like it but Rae was sincere about helping Claire with Thane.
Quote:
That and the fact that if she were a guy putting these same moves on her, it'd not nearly be as well tolerated.
You're clearly not reading enough WN romcoms if you actually think that's true.
Quote:
I'm probably overthinking this but Yuri has been done better in this year alone.
Weren't you the one complaining about people making a judgement after one episode in the Shangri-la thread?

I don't really know what you look for in yuri but this isn't really a "but we're both girls!" slow burn, and there's a decent amount of social commentary in the source as well as relevant male characters. There's also 18+ side chapters but I digress. For better or worse this is much less 'Class S' than a lot of (if not most) other yuri.
Old 2023-10-06, 09:41   Link #56
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

What side chapters? First time hearing about them? Are they from the author or just some fancreation?
Old 2023-10-06, 10:27   Link #57
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
What side chapters? First time hearing about them? Are they from the author or just some fancreation?
Wait really? They're on Inori's Pixiv Fanbox and also Ko-fi. There's 5 side stories total, and its only 100 JPY to unlock them.
Old 2023-10-06, 11:11   Link #58
Twi

Fair enough. Don't want to be responsible for the same pages long debate/justifications that ended up happening on the SLF thread.

Bowing out.
Old 2023-10-09, 17:10   Link #59
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I know some LN readers complained 12 eps will be not enough to adapt first 2 LN volumes, but I though it will be perfect. After this episode I am actually concerned they only reach to the first part of volume 2 (as Manaria is already in the cast) and won't adapt the most interesting parts.
Old 2023-10-09, 18:13   Link #60
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Went from bullied to personal maid in two episodes. She's still coming on way too strong, but I think Claire is starting to warm up to her. She finds her suspicious and creepy but can probably tell she has no bad intentions.

So the reason Rae missed the bulleyes during the magical test was so she wouldn't trigger the first prince's flag by getting a perfect score. Didn't work, and now she has to dodge him.