AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 11 18.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 18.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 18.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.67%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 5.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-02-14, 09:28   Link #41
zibi88

sadly Index has to be in any series >__< sadly becouse this way Touma never will be able to get closer to Misaka... and Misaka from all guys she met is more open only around Touma...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 09:38   Link #42
Avegaille

This episode was just that... awesome. Ha, Konori after not seeing her for quite a while... and her obsession with... one-of-a-kind purses...

Uiharu is so hyped up with all the events in the dorm eh... and we find out that there are two Tokiwadai dorms... I wonder who manages the other one... maybe that will also explain the switch of dorm mistress in Episode 18 of Index (those two probably swapped places or are twins... OTL)... Kuroko and the stationary set... oh you're such a rich bitch... =x Saten skirt flip never fails to return Uiharu to the real world...

And yeah, that's it from me and what I like in this episode.
Avegaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 09:54   Link #43
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

This is the most eye-opening episode of all! We got to see all the girls' hidden sides.

It seems that Konori was a trendy girl and spendthrift! And also, it seems that Uiharu's hairband is naturally occuring, maybe she does have the ability to control plants?

Maika's comment about a girl who can't stop eating popped the mystery about Index being present, and of course, Touma.

The violin version of the ED was brilliant. So was the ending commentary about Mikoto's unshaking chest being her charm point! LOL!

It seems like despite all these fillers, Railgun has certainly alot of content to sell. It just gets sillier each episode.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 12:07   Link #44
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
This is the most eye-opening episode of all! We got to see all the girls' hidden sides.

Indeed...

If we're going to have filler, we might as well have filler that puts everyone in maid costumes.
Old 2010-02-14, 13:21   Link #45
Miraluka
Banned

Robot Rider Maika! o_ó
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 16:04   Link #46
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

aww, good episode. even though its filler, everyone got a bit of development. you can clearly see Misaka doesn't like being treated differently from everyone else. Kuroko buying the stationary set cracked me up. since it was at like 5 bucks when she bit 100.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 18:28   Link #47
ReddyRedWolf

I have to wonder who gave Touma that invitation.

Spoiler for Could it be...:
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 19:41   Link #48
Miraluka
Banned

Since Maika is "Tsuchimikado's sister" and he is Touma's live next to him, so it wouldn't be weird that they got the invitation via Motoharu.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 19:49   Link #49
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I'd like to point out that everyone was talking about a hairclip, and Uiharu doesn't wear one. Episode 1 shows that she was conscious of the flowers on her head, so I'm guessing its the whole series of Yui Intelligence Attacks she had been suffering all episode that made her not get what they were talking about.

OR, it's the earthquakes.
Old 2010-02-14, 22:39   Link #50
Urzu7Angel
Judgement Member

its so great to hear touma givin biribiri a compliment!!GO TOUMAXMISAKA(their know nickname is..RAILGUNBREKER)
Urzu7Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 23:20   Link #51
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I'd like to point out that everyone was talking about a hairclip, and Uiharu doesn't wear one. Episode 1 shows that she was conscious of the flowers on her head, so I'm guessing its the whole series of Yui Intelligence Attacks she had been suffering all episode that made her not get what they were talking about.

OR, it's the earthquakes.
Or she doesn't see the flowers in her head as hairclips or arranged flowers at all, hence the question.

Maybe the flowers grow out of her head or something

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 00:50   Link #52
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

so i never finished index. why doesn't touma remember anything?

also, the violin was a bit low. probably could have been like an octave higher. well, maybe slightly higher than that.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 01:05   Link #53
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Maybe the flowers grow out of her head or something
Maybe Uiharu grows out of the flowers. I thought she took them off at some point, though...

A Level 1 mystery...
Old 2010-02-15, 01:27   Link #54
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

IIRC Uiharu has no flowers on her head when she had the fever when Biribiri is investigating Level Upper (and met Flux Coat Girl).
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 02:56   Link #55
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

So... Why is Mikoto playing the violin instead of the theremin? It'd be a more fitting instrument!
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 03:02   Link #56
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Because a violin is an ojou-sama's primary musical instrument aside from the piano.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 03:53   Link #57
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
So... Why is Mikoto playing the violin instead of the theremin? It'd be a more fitting instrument!
I guess they want to tie it in with later stories when she teaches Uiharu how to play the Violin.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 05:29   Link #58
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Mostly, the ojousamaism that violins carry. Tie-in came later I suppose.

She had to wear a Mio-esque Don't Say Lazy dress to go with it >_<

And looks like the entire point of the episode was to show a side of Misaka that... we didn't expect? As in, a part of her is an ojousama, and not being completely the average girl impression she has been having us believe all this while.
Old 2010-02-15, 06:45   Link #59
Minagi Mikoto

Actually I was going to rate it "Average" before watching the last 3 minutes of the episode. But because of meeting of Mikoto (Misaka Mikoto not me!) with Touma and her wonderful violin solo performance (that made Kuroko forget that she was going to take pictures of her Oneesama), I rated it "Good"!
Minagi Mikoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 12:44   Link #60
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

So I'm the only one who considers this episode average?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote