AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 10 17.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 16.07%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 21.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 25.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 10.71%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.57%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.79%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.79%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-01-16, 10:26   Link #41
Miraluka
Banned

IMHO the sisters arc in the manga is already finished, the problem is the publication which is one time per month. Just think this why the author is helping to do the episodes since the previous one instead helping to do the actual arc in the manga?? Is just a question of marketing.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 11:34   Link #42
zaeraal

Spoiler for note from manga:

Also 9/10 for revealing nearly everything in the first episode, they could have make it more thrilling.

Last edited by zaeraal; 2011-03-18 at 03:52.
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 13:09   Link #43
ReddyRedWolf

How does Komoe sensei manage to reach the accelerator and brakes?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 13:38   Link #44
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i wonder what Kiyori's ability is. seems like it makes stuff go boom?

also, i think we'll see Saten's power before the series is up. after all, she levitates herself in the op.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.

Last edited by germanturkey; 2010-01-16 at 13:50.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 14:33   Link #45
yozaku
Always Idle

if only touma learn from him...
yozaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 15:34   Link #46
AlitY

That was a great episode and i can't wait for next week. The new OP is great and you catch a glimse of Index!!!!!. The episode it's self though was really good lots of action and i can and this arc is looking to be the best so far, but without a doubt thats the best ep of railgun i've seen in a while. Also the new ending is great too starts with biri biri getting dressed, whats not to like!!!!. 10/10 Perfect.
AlitY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 17:09   Link #47
BlueDo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubicjack View Post
But even in the main series, there were a few situations where a jammer of some kind was used to suppress espers. So the Capacity Down system doesn't really contradict with anything.
B-but... that was supposed to be special!
(Btw, what situation are you talking about? Jamming of ONE specific esper, or general?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Remember, all this is written by the Author...
It's true that "Railgun was based on the author's idea," but I feel like JC Staff has intervened in many cases.

Well, for first, they were the ones who moved around the episodes and events so that they fit more nicely.
Secondly, it was most likely the studio that decided to focus on the lives of the 4 featured girls rather than strictly following the manga.
And Third, (well again, this is more of an opinion,) the extra added stuff during the level upper arc just don't seem consistent with the prior given premise of Academy City.
e.j. Saten's lesson, Tour sites within Academy City in ep 3, and making Harumi's fight more serious, while overall toning the series more lax as a slice-of-life.

/rant
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 17:42   Link #48
rg4619

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDo View Post
It's true that "Railgun was based on the author's idea," but I feel like JC Staff has intervened in many cases.

Well, for first, they were the ones who moved around the episodes and events so that they fit more nicely.
Secondly, it was most likely the studio that decided to focus on the lives of the 4 featured girls rather than strictly following the manga.
I don't think we have sufficient information to say who decided what (most of the planning credits go to Geneon, who sells the DVDs/BDs and is the leading member of the production committee). These shows are produced through the cooperation of many companies and individuals, so there's input from the author, director, script supervisor, production committee, and so forth. Strictly following the manga is obviously impossible since the show has to be wrapped around a fixed number of episodes.

Anyway, the actual arrangement of the content/episodes would be the responsibility of Seishi Minakami (Series Composition/Script Supervisor), not the original author or animation studio. The new stories were created by the author, while the writing team has arranged them into episode scripts.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 17:49   Link #49
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDo View Post
B-but... that was supposed to be special!
(Btw, what situation are you talking about? Jamming of ONE specific esper, or general?)
Both, kind of. They use an AIM Jammer in the reformatory to prevent people from escaping using their powers. The results are similar to the Capacity Down system, making their powers weaker and harder to control. There wasn't a whole of explanation regarding how that system works, but it seems that it can be configured to target a general group of espers (as in the reformatory case), or specific AIM fields (as in a later event).

Besides, those people probably obtained the Capacity Down system illegally, so it's not like anyone can easily use it to defeat espers.
cubicjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 18:39   Link #50
nojay
Scanlator

Got Milk?

No, not you Kuroko.

Musashino milk of course, in episode 13.
Old 2010-01-16, 23:25   Link #51
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
The Esper ability killer does seem a tad hax, though; it kinda cheapens the idea of the Imagine Brekaer which was supposed to be a super-rare power, even if the ability killer does make a bit of sense. It kinda feels like the "cheapened-ness" when the bad guys mass-produced Trans Am in Gundam 00.
I don't think the Capacity Down is that bad. It's not really as bad as you'd think. It's just a distracting noise. You could probably achieve a similar affect on Misaka if you threw a Gekota doll in her face while she was trying to shock you. Surprise her enough and you might screw up her calculations.

I think the biggest part is that the espers aren't used to dealing with the sound. I'm sure if you put Misaka through just a couple of hours of practice with the sound she would eventually be able to work through it. Once she can ignore it she could easily blow up the speakers anyhow.

I think it was the element of surprise that made it seem so effective.
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 23:29   Link #52
babohtea

Also, anyone notice the foil Kuroko became for Misaka?

Kuroko is still completely ignorant regarding Level 0's and their actions while Misaka seems to be thinking twice after the fetus incident. It didn't bug me before, but now Kuroko's personality seems a lot more snobbish when you place her next to Konori or Misaka's.
Old 2010-01-16, 23:35   Link #53
durack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kon the Magnificent View Post
episode was great, loved the new opening, lots of action.

Am I the only one waiting to see if Kiyama will return after seeing the opening? And that woman wearing the suit during the opening, looked almost like her...think they're related?
Yeah, looking forward to more Kiyama.

The woman in a suit with glasses...dunno, if you look closely, the female delinquent level upper user from previous episode also sorta looks like Kiyama, so maybe it's just character designer getting lazy
durack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 23:53   Link #54
Miraluka
Banned

Babothea, please if you want to add more comments just edit your posts =A=;
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 00:03   Link #55
babohtea

Gotcha. Sorry.
Old 2010-01-17, 01:03   Link #56
Sol Falling

Best episode of the entire series (I'll cover my ass and add 'thus far', though). Kuroko and Mikoto's interactions have never been more natural or more fun. We've got a kickass action sequence with the big spider guy, development for the best side character this series has to offer, decent plot development continuing to expand on themes the series has been developing from the first episode, and to top it all off an amazing new OP and ED. I am so amused at the 'suiting up' sequence where Kuroko strapping on her darts is portrayed as the equivalent of Misaka putting on her shorts--LOL.

Awesome. I hope the next episode can keep it up.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 02:58   Link #57
HandofFate

hurray, new intro? I like the first intro better than the new one.
But I'm really digging the ending though...

Spoiler for impressions:
Old 2010-01-17, 03:32   Link #58
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
What's with that 'full of herself' girl trying to act all tough in the beginning. What's her power anyway? I thought she was a level 1 or 0, but she's actually level 4 huh?
[Aero hand]

Basically she can manipulate wind though it hasn't been shown yet

Also, she couldn't be Lv 1 because the school she, Mikoto and Kuroko goes to is an elite school that only accepts Lv 3s and above.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 08:38   Link #59
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Curious about what happened to the random Tokiwadai girl that got surrounded...
A roll on the Unspeakable Acts table, perhaps. Though Skill-Out seemed to be going for just we can beat you, rather than anything worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
haha I don't get why this series loves dark deserted ally ways.
I mean really are people dragged into them or do they go down them for the thrills?!
When the 2 random guys that got owned, I totally LOL when one goes "I'm level ...." or something along them lines, then wham hit from behind
Spoiler for In the Manga around this period:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
[Aero hand]

Basically she can manipulate wind though it hasn't been shown yet

Also, she couldn't be Lv 1 because the school she, Mikoto and Kuroko goes to is an elite school that only accepts Lv 3s and above.
If she'd only learn to actually use her ability rather than pose she might not get mugged as often. Jufuku got her as well due to her not using her ability.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 09:47   Link #60
Lime soda

Gah, the new OP doesn't have any of the awesome English lines the first one had. I was expecting a new one that could top the crazy one from the first OP.

I thought the new one had better flowing scenes but there was no one part that could beat Misaka firing the railgun. The Misaka and Kuroko combo came close though. The new OP just showed her charging up but then cut to a far away shot when the attack fired off.

And, I'm not liking Wataru that much. He pops in and takes all the cool scenes. He's also shown throughout as a cool and mysterious guy but it seems off to me. Konori gets serious whenever he's brought up so he's also got some romance angle going for him?
Lime soda is offline   Reply With Quote