AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-01-14, 08:23   Link #41
larethian

This series was in the top 10 ranks of Konorano, iirc. Though I no longer trust that the rankings would be reflective of my tastes and interests. But so far, it's all right. Will continue to watch for now.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-14, 10:52   Link #42
Frontier

Well, yeah, no surprise Rishe doesn't immediately take to the idea of marrying the guy that killed her in her last loop...but honestly rejecting him just seems to make Arnold want her MORE !

We finally get the OP! A pretty and fun theme with plenty of great visuals! We get Rishe in cute baby form, toddler, and young girl up to her 16 year old self, we get to see her traveling through time and enjoying herself in all her loop forms (so she was a Thief in the 5th Loop?) and together with Arnold...but fading away. Is Arnold destined to lose her in the 8th Loop perhaps ?

I love how Dietrich's dad, the king, shows up and shoves his son into the ground to make him apologize to Rishe and keep good relations to Gelkhein. This Loop is already an improvement in that respect .

It's hard to believe Arnold is really in love with Rishe when he so clinically explains his feelings, yet all the same he seems absolutely fascinated by her and wants to make her his wife in the process. And if Rishe can get not only a chance to meet the people from her past loops AND get the lazy and carefree life she'd been desiring in this loop, maybe marrying Arnold isn't the worst idea? Though it'll be hard to hold himself back from touching her .

You can take the girl out of her Time Loops but you can't take the herbologist or soldier out of the girl, as Rishe still picks up whatever herbs she can find while also sleeping like a soldier...even if it means cradling the sword that killed her in her past loop. Yikes !

Bandit attack! No surprise Arnold is the type to go in and fight with his men, yet at the same time unlike in the past loop while he seems ruthless and efficiently deadly...he managed to defeat the bandits non-lethally. And he cares about his men and their stories, not to mention the people of his kingdom seem to love him. How did he end up becoming the evil Emperor who would bring war to this world? Was it related to why he killed his father ?

Of course Rishe isn't the type to be left behind so she picks the lock (I didn't know picking locks came with becoming a maid) and uses her herbs to help the poisoned soldier, even poisoning herself to demonstrate she wants to help them. That's hardcore !

I love how Rishe is all in on being a political hostage because it means she's not expected to do anything .

Rishe still doesn't want to let Arnold touch her but she can't deny he's attractive...and the prospect of finding a way to stop this war through her new connection to him is on her big to-do list. Especially now that she's crossed off her big desire from her 1st Loop of seeing the world .

Rishe lived life as a maid and has a lot of experience, so of course she's going to defend a maid getting bullied and tell off the uppity maids in the process. I can't wait to see those maids' reactions when they find out who Rishe really is and realize how much they screwed up. I feel like Elsie will probably become Rishe's main maid too .

Wow, it seems like Rishe loves this city more than Arnold does! Though whether he really loves her or not, Arnold seems to care for her perspective and just how fascinating she is, to the point of wanting to give her everything she could want...and caresses her face. At least he realized he broke the rule and wants to treat her to make up for it, but Rishe is left reeling trying to understand this man and her feelings for him .

The ED is very sweet and pretty to look at it, with cute visuals of Rishe and Arnold together with the rest of the cast...but did they seem kind of younger to anybody else ?
Old 2024-01-14, 11:09   Link #43
zeross87

i love how you see her sitting elegantly picking flower like a perfect maiden but she is in fact finding and collecting medicinal herbs for medicine after she casually picked her lock
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-14, 13:44   Link #44
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeross87 View Post
i love how you see her sitting elegantly picking flower like a perfect maiden but she is in fact finding and collecting medicinal herbs for medicine after she casually picked her lock
Maomao would approve .
Old 2024-01-14, 14:09   Link #45
Thor's Hammer

I believe this episode may have hinted at why Arnold started a war in all the other loops.

Arnold said that the bandits didn't even stave off boredom despite him going out of his way to personally fight them. That is why he is enthralled with Rishe because she is the opposite of boring.

Perhaps the reason he started the war was because he was bored and decided to dominate every country into submission because he was bored with his day-to-day life as the Emperor. If that's the case, simply being married to Rishe will prevent the war.

I think this episode might have hinted at the reason Arnold started a world war in all the previous loops. He told the bandits that they weren't even useful for staving off boredom even though he personally came out to face them. He also wondered how Rishe would entertain him next. I can see it being possible that he started the war because he was bored of his day-to-day duties as the Emperor. This episode clearly showed that Arnold doesn't hold his country in high regard, and maybe being married to Rishe will change his approach to life and help him value even people and things he doesn't think highly about now.

Last edited by Thor's Hammer; 2024-01-14 at 14:27.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-14, 16:49   Link #46
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer View Post
I believe this episode may have hinted at why Arnold started a war in all the other loops.

Arnold said that the bandits didn't even stave off boredom despite him going out of his way to personally fight them. That is why he is enthralled with Rishe because she is the opposite of boring.

Perhaps the reason he started the war was because he was bored and decided to dominate every country into submission because he was bored with his day-to-day life as the Emperor. If that's the case, simply being married to Rishe will prevent the war.

I think this episode might have hinted at the reason Arnold started a world war in all the previous loops. He told the bandits that they weren't even useful for staving off boredom even though he personally came out to face them. He also wondered how Rishe would entertain him next. I can see it being possible that he started the war because he was bored of his day-to-day duties as the Emperor. This episode clearly showed that Arnold doesn't hold his country in high regard, and maybe being married to Rishe will change his approach to life and help him value even people and things he doesn't think highly about now.
I think it might have something to do with his own issues in his kingdom the way he didn't seem to enjoy it like Rishe did and called out how it judges people by their status, he might have issues with his dad that might blow up.
Old 2024-01-14, 17:04   Link #47
magnuskn

Hm, I think "he started a world war because he was bored" seems a bit too simplistic, since it's pretty clear that he cares for his retainers. But I guess we'll see.

Good second episode. Picked up.

Also, Rishe pretty clearly had a loop as a cat burglar.
Old 2024-01-14, 19:00   Link #48
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Regarding Arnold's motives for starting a world war, it should be noted that he did not kill a single one of the bandits when he could have easily done so. Those aren't the actions of a bloodthirsty tyrant. And as was already mentioned, he clearly cares about his subordinates too. A guy like that wouldn't go to war for no reason. I'm guessing a third party is involved.

Rishe is a great heroine, I'd say her only flaw is that she has no flaws. She's literally perfect. But she is entertaining, so it's fine. I can relate to Arnold there. Unless I missed the explanation, I don't think she said why she was never able to visit the Empire. Curious about that.
Old 2024-01-14, 19:15   Link #49
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

The reason why the war is the biggest unanswered question of the series. Even the novel still hasn't given us an explanation.

My own guess is that the cause of the war is actually the current emperor. Arnold is just there to clean up the mess, but intervened too late.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-14, 19:29   Link #50
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Also, Rishe pretty clearly had a loop as a cat burglar.
The 5th Loop definitely makes it look like she was a Thief/Rogue, though it's kind of funny that she learned lock-picking in the 4th Loop as a maid .

But all her Loops had her being a generally good person who helped others or in service of something else so it's amusing to think in one Loop she might've thought "why not try out a life of crime?" .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Rishe is a great heroine, I'd say her only flaw is that she has no flaws. She's literally perfect. But she is entertaining, so it's fine. I can relate to Arnold there. Unless I missed the explanation, I don't think she said why she was never able to visit the Empire. Curious about that.
My understanding is she never got a chance before the war broke out and that inevitably getting her killed.
Old 2024-01-14, 19:55   Link #51
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
The 5th Loop definitely makes it look like she was a Thief/Rogue, though it's kind of funny that she learned lock-picking in the 4th Loop as a maid .
My guess is that she was an assassin or something similarly bad in her fifth loop. Maybe she was commissioned to kill Arnold and failed.
Old 2024-01-14, 20:05   Link #52
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
The reason why the war is the biggest unanswered question of the series. Even the novel still hasn't given us an explanation.

My own guess is that the cause of the war is actually the current emperor. Arnold is just there to clean up the mess, but intervened too late.
I'm hoping the author is able to write a good enough reason, given how they have constantly held back on giving a motive for the war happening.

Granted the novels have made some reveals on Arnold's past that explains his thinking, but we are still missing the crucial link that explains why he chose war across all timelines.

Perhaps the author is saving the reveal for the final story arc; just like how in Sacrificial Princess & King of Beasts the mystery of the ML's lineage was only explained in the final story arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I don't think the anime will have time to cover 5th loop stuff, but basically

Spoiler for spoiler 5th life:
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-14, 20:06   Link #53
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojay View Post
My guess is that she was an assassin or something similarly bad in her fifth loop. Maybe she was commissioned to kill Arnold and failed.
Maybe that's why she hasn't brought up the 5th Loop yet.
Old 2024-01-14, 22:30   Link #54
Thor's Hammer

I found it interesting that both the OP and the ED depicted younger versions of Rishe and Arnold interacting with each other. From what we know of the story based on Episode 1, Arnold had never stepped foot in Rishe's country until the series premiere, so I wonder if the OP/ED are actually hinting at Rishe failing to stop the war in the 7th loop, resulting in her having a fresh start as a much younger child in an 8th loop. Perhaps Rishe insists on becoming a hostage much earlier into her life and goes to Gelkhein much sooner than she does in this loop.

What's chilling is that for both the OP and the ED, it shows Rishe disappearing at the end, which suggests that Rishe might abruptedly die, vanishing as if she never existed in the first place if she can prevent the war from happening. I wonder how that might affect Arnold if just as his love for her is reciprocated she vanishes and is never seen again.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-15, 00:17   Link #55
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer View Post
I found it interesting that both the OP and the ED depicted younger versions of Rishe and Arnold interacting with each other. From what we know of the story based on Episode 1, Arnold had never stepped foot in Rishe's country until the series premiere, so I wonder if the OP/ED are actually hinting at Rishe failing to stop the war in the 7th loop, resulting in her having a fresh start as a much younger child in an 8th loop. Perhaps Rishe insists on becoming a hostage much earlier into her life and goes to Gelkhein much sooner than she does in this loop.

What's chilling is that for both the OP and the ED, it shows Rishe disappearing at the end, which suggests that Rishe might abruptedly die, vanishing as if she never existed in the first place if she can prevent the war from happening. I wonder how that might affect Arnold if just as his love for her is reciprocated she vanishes and is never seen again.
I've definitely been speculating that despite the title the 7th Loop isn't the last for Rishe.

I feel like she's going to fall in love with Arnold and realize what she needs to do to prevent the war but die before she can completely succeed, and the ED might be hinting that her last reset sets her back in such a way that she can be with Arnold at a younger age.
Old 2024-01-15, 03:18   Link #56
zeross87

Quote:
i get the inpression that each of her life chain with each other.
In the first she is a merchant but learn location of medicinal herbs on the side.
2nd life she use that knowledge and become herbalist and maybe pick up some alchemy on the side ?
3rd she become alchemist but i dont see how she pick up maid skill
4th she become maid and learn to lockpick on the side
5th she become thief and learn to fight on the side
6th she become a warrior
Old 2024-01-15, 09:10   Link #57
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Rishe is a great heroine, I'd say her only flaw is that she has no flaws.
Right now her biggest flaw is her inability to believe Arnold. I think he's actually pretty sincere in his feelings for Rishe, but her past histories blind her to that.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-15, 09:59   Link #58
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Right now her biggest flaw is her inability to believe Arnold. I think he's actually pretty sincere in his feelings for Rishe, but her past histories blind her to that.
Which is pretty typical for these kind of stories, where the disbelief of the heroine that the main love interest really loves her and is not toying with her keeps the story from resolving itself much sooner.
Old 2024-01-15, 11:32   Link #59
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Which is pretty typical for these kind of stories, where the disbelief of the heroine that the main love interest really loves her and is not toying with her keeps the story from resolving itself much sooner.
Well, she does have her reasons! I do think Arnold's killing Rishe in her transgender knight role isn't really all that relevant. Her always dying because of his wars is a lot more significant. It also creates the possibility for a happy ending. Rishe just needs to persuade Arnold not to go to war. I hope it's a bit more complicated than that.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-15, 13:30   Link #60
zeross87

Quote:
it seem the plot will be more "what event make him go full war mode" than "do he really love me?".
ofc i'm sure him loving her is what will prevent him to go full war mode but i don't think her believing him or not change anything