AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-01-20, 18:51   Link #41
grecefar

it was so funny when the father appeared, the intimidating but friendly dad joke is always fun.

great chapter as always, I liked that bonding with his sister at the end.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-20, 19:22   Link #42
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So Chi is the only one in Yamada's group of friends who is not aware of her crush on Ichikawa, which is not really surprising since she's always been portrayed as dense. We already knew Moeko was aware and she acted like a great wingman, but I wasn't sure about the third girl. I'm going off Frontier's post and assuming her name is Serina. I really like that she got mad on Yamada's behalf after Moeko got carried away. Yamada is surrounded by good friends, that's the one thing Ichikawa is missing. But one Yamada is worth a hundred male friends. Besides, he's got his tulpa and his older sister to help him move forward.

Yamadad didn't get a lot of screentime, but he unsurprisingly seems like a sweet albeit awkward guy. His attitude might change when he finds out about their true relationship. He strikes me as quite dense, given that he was unable to deduce Ichikawa was wearing Yamada's jersey when he first saw and hilariously assume they have the same last name.

The mom seems to approve. She was actually more bothered by his presence before she found out who he was.

Ichikawa imagining having a shotgun wedding with Yamada... whoa, slow down there, bud.
Old 2024-01-20, 20:04   Link #43
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Ichikawa imagining having a shotgun wedding with Yamada... whoa, slow down there, bud.
We got womanizing Ichikawa and harem Ichikawa in the same episode.

Seri-nyaa has been pretty lowkey up to this point but she's also voiced by Atsumi Tanezaki. Chii might figure it out... someday...
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-20, 21:17   Link #44
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
We got womanizing Ichikawa and harem Ichikawa in the same episode.

Seri-nyaa has been pretty lowkey up to this point but she's also voiced by Atsumi Tanezaki. Chii might figure it out... someday...
I love how she and her husband are in two romance shows on the same day .
Old 2024-01-20, 21:40   Link #45
Wandering Soul

Yamada's dad is a pretty cool guy, even if he's a bit awkward. His demeanor might change a bit when he realizes what Ichikawa's actual name and relationship with Yamada is though. At least he already has the mother's badge of approval.
Old 2024-01-20, 21:43   Link #46
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Yamada's dad is a pretty cool guy, even if he's a bit awkward.
Remind you of anyone?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-21, 09:18   Link #47
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Are parents in Japan especially suspicious, or is it just a meme? My mother saw my dating as a chance to get to know nice young women that she'd otherwise never encounter. She stayed friends with some of them even after we broke up.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-21, 09:54   Link #48
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Are parents in Japan especially suspicious, or is it just a meme? My mother saw my dating as a chance to get to know nice young women that she'd otherwise never encounter. She stayed friends with some of them even after we broke up.
I don’t think Anna’s parents acted all that suspicious (her dad is just awkward and scary due to his size). But she’s 14, and I think most parents of 14 year-old girls are pretty paranoid about their daughter and boys.
Old 2024-01-21, 12:25   Link #49
Frontier

It would kind of stand out having like one boy in a girlfriend group .
Old 2024-01-21, 19:07   Link #50
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
What about you when your daughter brought her first boyfriend (or girlfriend) home? That's a better comparison.

Although he isn't outwardly hostile, my father has never liked a single one of my sister's boyfriends. He always told me they were worthless and she could do better.
Old 2024-01-21, 19:17   Link #51
Frontier

Quote:
What about you when your daughter brought her first boyfriend (or girlfriend) home? That's a better comparison.

Although he isn't outwardly hostile, my father has never liked a single one of my sister's boyfriends. He always told me they were worthless and she could do better.
Although learning that it was basically her daughters' boyfriend actually improved her opinion of him in this instance .
Old 2024-01-21, 19:28   Link #52
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Although learning that it was basically her daughters' boyfriend actually improved her opinion of him in this instance .
Well, look at it this way. Compared to must boys his age Kyou is small, non-threatening, quiet, and coherent when he does speak. For a parent of a teenaged daughter, you could do a lot worse.

Also, Anna already realizes that Ichi reminds her of her father, so it’s no stretch to think Yamama - who’s no fool - realizes it too.

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2024-01-21 at 20:40.
Old 2024-01-21, 20:23   Link #53
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
I wanted my daughter to have a relationship around 14-15. I thought it would be good for her. I was disappointed that it didn't happen. She survived though and is, at 32, happily married.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-24, 08:31   Link #54
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

BokuYaba gets its first popup cafe.

https://x.com/GuardianEnzo/status/17...396638663?s=20
Old 2024-01-27, 13:31   Link #55
Frontier

Classic Yamada just strutting around confidently in front of other classrooms so she can get some chocolates...multiple times, in fact !

Adachi, if obligatory chocolate didn't exist, you wouldn't get any dude! Just count your blessings .

Ichikawa doesn't need any obligatory chocolate! Not when Yamada's already planning to give him some !

I've never seen Tirol Chocolate Shogi before, but I guess Yamada just needed an excuse to say "I never saw that coming!" and give Ichikawa all the chocolate !

I love Yamada dragging Ichikawa so they could see Hara giving chocolate to Kanzaki (good for them!) and the two of them get to be a little envious of how well things are going between those two .

Honestly it doesn't get more obvious than a girl shoving a heart-shaped bun in your face and getting close to take the cream off and leaving a heart-shaped imprint on your cheek...and the way Yamada put her finger to her mouth has got me feeling something .

I love how Yamada resolves to go back to give Ichikawa her chocolate and he instead rode all the way to her to give HER chocolate. Because if she's a guy for the day, that means it's okay for him to give her chocolate, right? Ichikawa you chad you .

But Yamada can't let Valentine's Day end yet so of course she just so coincidentally walks her dog to Ichikawa's house, picks him up, and the pair walk together. Totally a coincidence and not at all Yamada looking for a chance !

Yamada likes to live dangerously! Not only by betting what drink she'll get out of a vending machine but also in finally giving Ichikawa his chocolate and only ripping it apart so it's not more obvious it said "suki" (AKA like) on it. And talking about if it's not obligatory...no wonder Ichikawa finally gets a clue and realizes the truth. Yamada LIKES him !!!

These two are so adorably awkward and sweet together. The same can't be said for Adachi who thinks he might actually like Moe and thus deserves...hand-made lingerie for a White Day Gift, something no girl has probably ever desired in their life. Just listen to her talk about ear buds Adachi, listen to the Ear Buds !!!

(Also I love how Ichikawa and Kanzaki both know their respective girls would love a buffet ).

Ugh, Haruya? I was hoping we'd never see him again. But what an awkward trio he, Adachi, and Ichikawa make, especially when he and Ichikawa trade barbs about relationships. Though as bad as Adachi is, Ichikawa prefers talking to him than Haruya...and he definitely doesn't want to let Haruya wave at his girl when she's waving at him .

But better yet...Ichikawa about to say he likes Yamada to Haruya to stake his claim for her while she stakes her claim on HIM by dragging him away with a smile. Ichikawa, you are a lucky boy .
Old 2024-01-27, 15:22   Link #56
grecefar

Awesome chapter as always, this anime doesn't fail to deliver.

Ichikawa hold his own against the ikemen perfectly.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-27, 19:32   Link #57
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Ugh, Haruya? I was hoping we'd never see him again. But what an awkward trio he, Adachi, and Ichikawa make, especially when he and Ichikawa trade barbs about relationships. Though as bad as Adachi is, Ichikawa prefers talking to him than Haruya...and he definitely doesn't want to let Haruya wave at his girl when she's waving at him .
You, me, and probably every other viewer. I like how Ichikawa's reaction to meeting him again was "that guy still exists?"
That's exactly what I thought too, I assumed he was out of the story for good. Asshole even gave horrible advice to Adachi on purpose.

With Yamada making it clear she likes Ichikawa, hopefully this was truly the last we saw of him this time.

The cute Ichikawa and Yamada moments made up for everything though. Feels like the story took a big step forward!
Old 2024-01-27, 20:08   Link #58
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I have no problem with Paisen. He plays an important role in the story, and Norio never writes characters who don't have layers if you look for them.

Another basically perfect episode. Really nothing I'd change.
Old 2024-01-28, 00:35   Link #59
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I have no problem with Paisen. He plays an important role in the story, and Norio never writes characters who don't have layers if you look for them.

Another basically perfect episode. Really nothing I'd change.
He just seems like the type who has coasted on his good looks and being popular with women that he's never really had the benefit of a legitimate, serious, relationship.
Old 2024-01-28, 00:38   Link #60
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
He just seems like the type who has coasted on his good looks and being popular with women that he's never really had the benefit of a legitimate, serious, relationship.
I think of him as the guy who believes his own press clippings, so to speak. I admit he's pretty bad about taking hints and very presumptuous, but I don't think he's an actual bad person. And his whole story isn't out yet.