AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-11-04, 20:17   Link #41
grecefar

indeed it was a suprise that a noble has a reason for his hate. I'm pretty sure his father deserves it but he doesn't know that I guess.

most merchats uses the same method as that guy, if you can't see that it's your fault. Pram didn't want to believe the true value of the sword even when it was pretty obvious, fault goes to him. Still the merchant became a scumbag in the end so the perfect excuse the redeem pram and show his skills.

I'm loving this.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-04, 22:26   Link #42
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm not surprised that there are some in the nobility with some built in reasons for hatred. A toxic relationship between the classes would erupt in major incidents every now and then. Honestly though it is a surprise that they gave this guy something concrete instead of just hating commoners...because they are commoners. Who knows with his father if there was anything there or not. He might have simply been a moderate that got caught up in things and was killed simply because he was a noble. Or he might have been a scumbag. Maybe we'll find out something there.

At least good on Romantica for sticking to her training while all this stuff was going on with Pram. And even managed to handle the situation with that guy pretty well. Kept her cool and just laid things out there instead of keeping it hidden. True enough that if she had dated him and joined his party...it would have gone badly when he eventually found out. Obviously it wasn't bad enough for her to get killed since...she died later in that timeline. But it wasn't good.

And hey. This Pram situation is probably a huge win. He's understanding that sword so much faster than in the original timeline. And regardless of how that event played out, he can now focus on getting better without a deadly war going on. Getting stronger here is huge.

Merchant almost had a good argument going. Too bad he showed his true colours as a hypocrite the moment the deal wasn't going in his favour. But at least his guard proved a nice test of Pram's sword. Good point also that the sword can cut. No reason to dodge everything...if you can just chop a guy's weapon in half .
Old 2023-11-05, 05:34   Link #43
Lex79

I was fine at the beginning with the merchant keeping the money, but when he tried to have Desir and Pram killed I would've loved if they took the 40 silver coins back and then some as compensation. Though I guess repairing the door is going to cost a lot, so at least I don't think the merchant is going to profit from the transaction.
Surprised to see that the noble has an actual reason for his hatred of the commoners, I wonder if he'll be redeemed later.
Old 2023-11-05, 13:23   Link #44
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Yep, I agree with frubam regarding the 40 silver.

Good episode again. Although I don't know how far we'll get in this story if its only one cour (which is the normal thing I'd expect it to be). Given how good this is so far, I might see if there's a manga to follow.
There's a webnovel that ended a while ago, and a manhwa that should end soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
I was fine at the beginning with the merchant keeping the money, but when he tried to have Desir and Pram killed I would've loved if they took the 40 silver coins back and then some as compensation. Though I guess repairing the door is going to cost a lot, so at least I don't think the merchant is going to profit from the transaction.
Surprised to see that the noble has an actual reason for his hatred of the commoners, I wonder if he'll be redeemed later.
It'd be like turning the tables on a mugger and stealing his wallet. The morals of that are murky.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-05, 21:09   Link #45
Rasty

^ Taking more than the 37 would be, but the original deal was a scam anyway. Sure, it might be technically legal (depending on laws), but it was a bad-faith action anyway. He was the appraiser and intentionally left out an important fact about its price. Sure, if both sides are playing according to the societal rules then paying the 40 silver is acceptable and reasonable, but once the other side stops adhering to them I don't see reason to be so pedantic about it. Also according to his later arguments he uses to demand the sword back the deal should have been invalid from the start. So I still stand with taking the money back being morally right as annulling morally wrong deals isn't unethical. As for the law... well, attempted murder is worse anyway, so he should be glad he doesn't get reported.

As for taking more, I feel like it's pretty poetic and in line with old testament (eye for eye), so I am not against it. However, it would be out of character in this case.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-11, 17:53   Link #46
grecefar

Aw man, now to wait another week for the big event. At least desir took one of those arrogants blue moon easily.

Next time is pram and romantica time to kick ass.
Old 2023-11-18, 21:30   Link #47
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Some close calls, but they got through this first part. The only downside is that as time passes only the strongest competitors will be left. So whittling down the survival numbers enough won't be easy.

While I think Desir isn't being too hard on himself, I get it. He knows how important it is to not mess this up. He's not guaranteed any additional chances. While Romantica and Pram getting stronger is great, that isn't the only goal. He needs them all to make it to Alpha, then they have to start changing this stupid structure that will get a ton of people killed in the real conflict to come. Untold lives are on the line.

Still, they have gotten stronger and that will help going forward. They'll definitely surpass the people they were in the previous timeline. Hopefully that'll be enough.
Old 2023-11-19, 15:43   Link #48
grecefar

Indeed, mistakes are bound to happen and even more because it's not like he can control every move of the people he wants to save.

Looking foward to the rematch.
Old 2023-11-24, 19:25   Link #49
Alchemist007
*Author

At least when they're budgeting, it still looks appealing.

https://streamable.com/meeiji
Old 2023-11-25, 15:53   Link #50
grecefar

bad move from azeth to not end it and face desir in the end. Her desire to beat him will cost her a lot since if they lose here, all members of blue moon will be out of the single ranking and will be a historic humiliation for them.

but hey, maybe that will be the trigger for azeth to join desir's team and for the looks of it percival too.
Old 2023-11-25, 16:45   Link #51
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Honestly, I was kinda excited for the face off last week, but seeing it, it was not that impressive. And while the animation/choreography was mid, I'm not talking about that. Percival didn't seem like a match for Pram, and Doneta using a shield and sword felt weird facing off against Romantica, a mage. Percival wanting to fight Pram felt rather shallow in comparison to Doneta. Not sure how to describe it; he matchups didn't really "fit". Desir's fight was good though, no complaints there. That being said, I still eagerly await the results of those fights next week =03.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
bad move from azeth to not end it and face desir in the end. Her desire to beat him will cost her a lot since if they lose here, all members of blue moon will be out of the single ranking and will be a historic humiliation for them.

but hey, maybe that will be the trigger for azeth to join desir's team and for the looks of it percival too.
I actually thought the opposite. Its only a bad move because we, the viewers, have the hindsight of Desir's team being the protagonists, so things may work out for their favor(though no guarantees they'll "win" or "WIN", if you get my drift), but I thought Azest not defeating the other opponents was brilliant. Even if Blue Moon will defeat Desir's team after defeating the other teams, Desir's team would still be single rank which it is the nobles' goal to prevent. At least if Blue Moon is defeated, team Desir would certainly be worn down, with still having 9 opponents to go, and if those other teams teamed up, it could be too much to handle after being worn down by BM. It would also mean Azest fell into his trap which is certainly her ego that would make her avoid that, even at their own expense.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-25, 17:26   Link #52
grecefar

eh they would just need to defeat 1 of the students that are in the ice so it's not like it will be hard for him or they end killing each other because they still don't know or believe that 3 betas are upstairs.
Old 2023-11-25, 19:03   Link #53
frubam
simp for Lyria

I forgot about the 2 nobodies getting got at the ep beginning; thought there was still 15 in earlier post. Still, it's the nobles' goal to prevent them from top 9, but Desir whole team needs to win in order to obtain their goals. From the viewpoint of the nobles' and even Azest team, whose main goal is 1v1 versus Desir team, the better option was to seal the teams downstairs, so even if they lose, there still a chance Desir team can be taken down. If Azest eliminated them, then nobles main task would fail and it would guarantee them 4th~6th, even before the 1v1s. We also don't know how resilent or fragile the ice is; they might be completely trapped, or it may be easy to break out after a time, we don't know.

Of course we both know none of the nobles, even Azest team, expects to lose, but given the situation, her move was clever as Desir made that happen to confer an advantage for his team, which she avoided. But I will say that you are right in that its possible for other teams to take advantage if various other team members are stuck, since they can't even beat Azest by herself and holding back, and eliminating still-frozen members to get higher placement might be a better option for them over re-rallying together and facing Azest again.

But this isn't HxH; I doubt the level of thought goes anywhere near that deep .

Old 2023-11-26, 01:35   Link #54
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I like how Azest talks about there not being a goal this time. But there is . And I think it's safe to presume that's exactly what Desir is going for. He's just dragging out the fight against Azest while trying to solve the tower and clear it that way.

Plan A would have been ideal. Have the Alpha teams crash into each other, bring the numbers down, and win that way. Azest can talk trash about it, but it's a solid method. Plus Romantica wiped out at least 4 players through that method by herself. It's not like they wouldn't have earned their way into the top 9.

The downside to Plan A was that it really left Romantica drained and if it didn't work they'd be in the tight spot they currently are in. Of course I presume Desir is working on plan B so it's fine. Romantica and Pram just need to not lose.

Now while Azest masterfully interfered with Desir's plan...I have to agree that her strategy was questionable. She's strong enough to win that fight without losing a single teammate. Just win. Even if it's playing into Desir's hands the goal is still to win at the end of the day. In fact having Desir make it up to Alpha Class would give more chances to face off against him anyways. It doesn't have to be here and now.

Sure in the best case scenario it's fine. Wipe out Desir's team and either finish off someone downstairs or clear the challenge. But it's a messy option she's taking. What if her teammates lose? Quick and easy for Pram and Romantica to head downstairs and finish a few enemies off for the win while she's busy with Desir. She might not even get a concluded fight.

I thought the matchups were ok. The Pram fight didn't have that much bite. But that's almost a good thing since it has to be put on hold anyways. In fact might set up a more intense showdown later now that this guy has been humbled a bit in realizing how Pram is ahead of him. The psycho noble was always the more intense opponent anyways. So better to focus on that than spread it out too much.

And I actually enjoyed Pram not buying into the "hey let's split up and do our respective 1v1 matchups." He's not an idiot. And he's not going to let Romantica sacrifice herself. Frankly he can handle this guy for long enough to allow Romantica to recover. He won't let red-head join into the fight so it's not even a 2v1 situation here.

What I'm curious about is whether these fights resolve or whether Desir really does clear the challenge before any of them can .
Old 2023-11-26, 09:47   Link #55
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I don't remember if the manhwa had the same problem, but here, I blame Pram. He should have defeated his opponent quickly and gone to support Romantica instead of playing around.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-26, 10:00   Link #56
grecefar

indeed, I did notice that pram could easily beat percival but I guess he was more focusing in be worried about desir and romantica. Pram is in another league, not at desir level but at azeth level maybe.
Old 2023-11-26, 23:38   Link #57
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
indeed, I did notice that pram could easily beat percival but I guess he was more focusing in be worried about desir and romantica. Pram is in another league, not at desir level but at azeth level maybe.
He is indeed exceptional at melee combat. I'd like to point out that when he was trapped in rock, the sword his dad gave me is magic metal able to cut through metal and so he was able to cut through the rock. Without that sword, he'd have been trapped. Just pointing out that Pram's father gave him a very valuable sword.

I would agree that Pram was provably a bit too cautious in this fight but can you blame him? Its drilled into his head that beta class is worthless and so he expected the best alpha party, blue moon, to all be way above his league. Note that Doneta puts up a better fight vs Pram. So as great as he is, I dont think Pram at Azest's level. I am sure we can all see that Azest is in a league of her own among the alpha class. Anyway, Pram says himself this episode that he wants the whole party to advance so he is indeed worrying about everyone.

Last edited by wissenschaft; 2023-11-26 at 23:53.
wissenschaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-02, 13:34   Link #58
frubam
simp for Lyria

Well, looks like the end of the finals. To no surprise, our protagonists come out on top.

Not sure how we go from this:

to this

Same happened with Azest; why stop at the neck instead of just cutting through?

But other than that, the fights were okay. Pram kicked major butt. I just wish Romantica had a plan for their defeat outside of instant protagonist power.

Now that team Desir has made it to alpha class, they will receive the proper education they'll need to survive against the evils that are to come, including the phenoms that killed them in the original timeline.... or so we'd like to think. Not sure why Desir thinks simply getting to alpha class is going to help, given the gross amount of hate the alpha class has been given them. Would they even need alpha class? Desir managed to train Pram and Romantica to be equivalent to elites like Doneta and Percy. And I'm not sure how them being alphas are going to help the other betas that have great potential.

Old 2023-12-02, 16:32   Link #59
grecefar

it was a good chapter but yeah, the ending of the duo battle was underwhelming but on the other hand it is cool to see azeth using the bankai and desir got me in the end. I really thought they couldn't complete the quest and what he set was a trap for azeth.

while azeth didn't join the party (yet), she will join the trainings and both pram and romantica will benefit from her.
Old 2023-12-02, 17:27   Link #60
magnuskn

Given that just training up Romantica and Pram to a higher level will probably not save the entire rest of the fighting force from episode 1 from being annihilated, it stands to reason that Desir is planning to bring up the Alpha class students to a higher level as well, probably through intense competition. Or maybe he plans to shale up the entire classist system to also give Beta class students a chance to get ready for, ahum, BOROMIR NAPOLITAN.