AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-11-16, 22:02   Link #41
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I peeked at the latest episode to see where the series was at. Not much discussion here for this series, which is sad, but understandable. That's also to say that the Bordeaux arc was the weakest of the(assumingly) 3 arcs for the season. Bel and Angie strangely feel like lesser characters when they are together. The choreography of fights is still s***, which is the biggest problem for me. There's also something off about the direction of the series; I dunno if its just that the pacing in the manga is more suitable to the scene transitions or what, but events don't have the same flow and feel a bit jarring, even when knowing a different source material. Too bad. The voice for Graham and Marguerite are pretty good, and I like their personalities. I like this arc a lot too, as this arc recently finished in the manga. Unfortunately, even if I don't consider how incredibly stacked this season is, both the animation nor the direction for this series doesn't do the story any justice. Very disappointing =0(....

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-17, 01:27   Link #42
magnuskn

It's all a bit too bland and there's a good hook missing. Ange just feels a bit pathetic most of the time, which is not ideal as well. I'm sad this wasn't better, but it's at least passable to watch. I'm watching 11 shows this season (and aim to keep watching them until they finish) and this is at number 10 of my internal ranking.
Old 2023-11-17, 07:55   Link #43
Rasty

This show is also disappointing for me as an anime-only watcher. In the beginning, there was all the anticipation around Ange and Bel finally meeting and her struggles and it was fairly decent, there was also the mystery of whether Bel is as good as Ange presents him or as bad as he thinks. Then they met, and we found out Bel is kinda strong, but not really OP and nothing else interesting was there.

Now they are apart again and I seriously don't know why I should continue watching since there is nothing interesting happening or to anticipate.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-22, 22:13   Link #44
Strahan

Yea, it's not the strongest, but for me at least it's a passable watch. I'm glad sometimes that I'm generally easy to please, lol. The fact I love a dark hair / brown eye combo doesn't hurt, plus her mage friend is cute

I also chuckle at some of the art:
Spoiler:
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-23, 18:51   Link #45
grecefar

ange now has two little sisters and one of them will be a rival for her father affections.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-23, 23:04   Link #46
Strahan

This has turned into the rescue-a-loli show, lol
Old 2023-11-24, 01:11   Link #47
magnuskn

Well, the elf girl is probably way older than Ange and the little one is a guy.
Old 2023-11-24, 01:35   Link #48
Greenish Growth

Is this one of those stories that slowly builds up toward something?
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-24, 04:59   Link #49
Sean Gaffney
Nomad of the Time Streams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenish Growth View Post
Is this one of those stories that slowly builds up toward something?
Yes, but the anime is not going to get to that buildup unless it gets Season 2.
Sean Gaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-25, 14:20   Link #50
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Well, the elf girl is probably way older than Ange and the little one is a guy.
In the manga, during the chat between Bel and Marie after the Graham/Marie argument,
Spoiler for age:

I couldn't tell if the little one was a guy or a girl at first. I guess it being a boy will make for a different family feel whenever Ange comes back home, instead of it being another girl, although it feels like Bel treated Ange much like a boy instead(all the adventurer and combat stuff), so maybe it wouldnt make a difference .

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-25, 17:55   Link #51
magnuskn

He really looks a lot like Ange, too. And good catch on the age of Marie. Sorry, I just assumed the standard elf thing, that they are a lot older than they look.
Old 2023-11-26, 17:24   Link #52
Strahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
In the manga, during the chat between Bel and Marie after the Graham/Marie argument,
Spoiler for age:
That was in the episode, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
He really looks a lot like Ange, too. And good catch on the age of Marie. Sorry, I just assumed the standard elf thing, that they are a lot older than they look.
Yea, it usually safe to assume old when it comes to elves, heh. Reminds me of GATE when Rory, Tuka and Lelei are testifying in the Diet and Rory said she's like 1000 years old, Tuka said I dunno a few hundred and the lady questioning them looks at Lelei and Lelei's like nooo.... lol I'm just a teenager
Old 2023-11-30, 12:53   Link #53
scififan

Angeline got a younger sister. She is picked up by Belgrieve from a cave. She looks like Angeline's younger version. Meanwhile, Angeline is making new friends, who happened to have death duels from episodes ago.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-30, 14:56   Link #54
grecefar

for me this was the worst chapter of the serie. I was about to drop it but I'm already too far and the next one is belgrive's chapter.
Old 2023-12-15, 02:11   Link #55
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

In any other season this year, this show would have been near the top. Instead, it had the bad fortune to run during a packed schedule instead of a thin one.

Meanwhile, they named a country Rhodesia??? For those of you who aren't older than dirt, like I am, that was the former name of Zimbabwe, back when it was an apartheid state.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-16, 21:04   Link #56
Alchemist007
*Author

Maybe a sign of things to come...but probably not with 1 ep left.
Old 2023-12-21, 12:35   Link #57
grecefar

this was nice to be honest but damn it was near the end when thing got really good with belgrive leaving turnera and wanting to go adventuring again and that reunion with kasim was emotional.

I hope for a second season and him reuniting his former party.
Old 2023-12-21, 16:47   Link #58
magnuskn

Well, the series was a bit of a disappointment, since I had higher expectations for it. It was okay, all around, but just okay. I never really connected with any of the characters, but found them likeable nonetheless. The story was a bit too meandering as well, but serviceable.

I guess a 6/10 is deserved. Slightly above average.
Old 2023-12-22, 01:23   Link #59
Alchemist007
*Author

It's a good moe show about petting girls. There's also some demon fighting or something. Also nobles can be assholes. The attempt at a larger plot wasn't rounded enough. Bumped up for the simple but appropriate ED.

Didn't care much for Kasim in the last ep, he only stopped because she was related to someone he cared about...but was about to fight her to the death otherwise. Insane clown.

7/10
Old 2023-12-22, 03:14   Link #60
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
this was nice to be honest but damn it was near the end when thing got really good with belgrive leaving turnera and wanting to go adventuring again and that reunion with kasim was emotional.

I hope for a second season and him reuniting his former party.
Bell, want find his old friends and talk things out, not necessarilly return to adventuring again though.