Notices

Old 2018-01-12, 23:45   Link #41
dragon1412

as a follower of LN I can said that
Spoiler for Lust:
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-13, 05:51   Link #42
larethian

Kumagai (Theo's VA) favorite male character = Aubesto, favorite female = Margaret.
Kitou (Siluca's VA) favorite male character = Vilar
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-13, 06:59   Link #43
DragonOsman
Dragon King

So Theo isn't even any good as the main character? Just great.
Old 2018-01-13, 07:45   Link #44
dragon1412

nah, I like Theo myself, rather than say he is bland, I'd say more that most of the time his subordinates are a better choice to the problem. So Theo is having less screentime
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-13, 07:58   Link #45
RDNexus

People sure want all characters to be relevant from the get-go.
I'm the kind that, if they're to have more relevance down the line, let them be the way they are.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-13, 08:01   Link #46
larethian

Vilar is like super popular. Not to mention Artok is the most interesting region.
Old 2018-01-13, 09:33   Link #47
kram0829

a question for light novel readers

I hope a light novel reader can share some light im so curious about this 1 xD
Spoiler for chapter 19 raw in manga this question is for light novel readers:
kram0829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-13, 09:40   Link #48
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kram0829 View Post
That's still in LN v1 right? The context is they are under siege from the Sevis Lord after negotiation to ally with Marrine failed right (thanks to Aubesto, Siluca's foster father)?
Spoiler for if so:
Old 2018-01-13, 11:41   Link #49
kram0829

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
That's still in LN v1 right? The context is they are under siege from the Sevis Lord after negotiation to ally with Marrine failed right (thanks to Aubesto, Siluca's foster father)?
Spoiler for if so:
Oh dang so it was because of aubesto thats why the negotiation failed i didn't understand japansese so i didn't know..so it was still volume 1 in LN..its kinda weird that a lot in the manga was not included in the anime..but is the one shown in the anime the one in the light novel and the manga is just trying to widen the perspective??or the anime just really skip those details?

as i read the translated manga

Spoiler for about marrine:

and im a little confused since in anime it says they are surrounded by union while in manga it says they are surrounded by alliance..so which is which xD
Old 2018-01-13, 13:10   Link #50
larethian

Firstly, just putting this up front, because there's too much katakana, there are a lot of names that I can't remember perfectly in just one volume except for those that sound like English, so my romanization keeps changing until I get used to the names in a few more volumes. Also, sometimes I get confused between the regions and lord names but I'm starting to get used to it as I'm reading volume 2.

Quote:
Oh dang so it was because of aubesto thats why the negotiation failed i didn't understand japansese so i didn't know..so it was still volume 1 in LN..its kinda weird that a lot in the manga was not included in the anime..but is the one shown in the anime the one in the light novel and the manga is just trying to widen the perspective??or the anime just really skip those details?

as i read the translated manga

Spoiler for about marrine:

and im a little confused since in anime it says they are surrounded by union while in manga it says they are surrounded by alliance..so which is which xD
Marrine is grateful to Siluca for saving her. In fact, because of that, she took Aubest in as her main contracted mage and advisor. She however can be swayed by emotions so she would listen to Aubest. While Aubest loves both his adopted daughters Siluca and Aishera, he believes in logic and separates his emotions from logic and acts in the best interest of Marrine first and foremost. He advised Marrine to reject the alliance with Theo because it's not advantageous to her.

The factions and politics can be confusing, I'm still digesting it myself. As for Vilar, he is the cousin of Marinne, so technically they are of the same faction, but I don't think he's a vassal of Marrine like how Rushick has become that of THeo in episode 2.

The two main factions are "Factory Alliance" and "Fantasia Union". They are furigana readings (ruby text) and the actual words respectively are 大工房同盟 and 幻想詩連合.
So the alliance is referred to as 同盟(dou-mei) and the union is referred to as 連合(ren-gou).

In the anime 連合 is translated to alliance while 同盟 is translated to federation. The translator has no idea about the ruby texts and chose as such, I think. Though even so, I felt it was a bad choice since 同盟 is usually translated to alliance...

So the manga is more 'correct' than the anime. If you are watching subs, you have to live with the reverse translation of the anime.
Old 2018-01-13, 19:02   Link #51
kram0829

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Firstly, just putting this up front, because there's too much katakana, there are a lot of names that I can't remember perfectly in just one volume except for those that sound like English, so my romanization keeps changing until I get used to the names in a few more volumes. Also, sometimes I get confused between the regions and lord names but I'm starting to get used to it as I'm reading volume 2.

Marrine is grateful to Siluca for saving her. In fact, because of that, she took Aubest in as her main contracted mage and advisor. She however can be swayed by emotions so she would listen to Aubest. While Aubest loves both his adopted daughters Siluca and Aishera, he believes in logic and separates his emotions from logic and acts in the best interest of Marrine first and foremost. He advised Marrine to reject the alliance with Theo because it's not advantageous to her.

The factions and politics can be confusing, I'm still digesting it myself. As for Vilar, he is the cousin of Marinne, so technically they are of the same faction, but I don't think he's a vassal of Marrine like how Rushick has become that of THeo in episode 2.

The two main factions are "Factory Alliance" and "Fantasia Union". They are furigana readings (ruby text) and the actual words respectively are 大工房同盟 and 幻想詩連合.
So the alliance is referred to as 同盟(dou-mei) and the union is referred to as 連合(ren-gou).

In the anime 連合 is translated to alliance while 同盟 is translated to federation. The translator has no idea about the ruby texts and chose as such, I think. Though even so, I felt it was a bad choice since 同盟 is usually translated to alliance...

So the manga is more 'correct' than the anime. If you are watching subs, you have to live with the reverse translation of the anime.
oh no wonder i got confuse after watching the anime and reading the manga..

Spoiler for so im gonna guessed:

also i noticed the phasing in anime was too fast kinda a lot from the manga was removed especially the villager and the salamander incident which i think has a significant role for the title of episode 3 in the anime.
Old 2018-01-13, 23:00   Link #52
larethian

Right now I don't want to spend too much time on the forums. The answers you are looking for will show up in just 2 episodes. If it's not clear I will explain then
Old 2018-01-14, 20:39   Link #53
Ratedhook522

Somebody, please can anybody spoil how they get out of the predicament their facing in chapter 19? Unless help comes their pretty much screwed aren’t they
Ratedhook522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-15, 14:03   Link #54
Panzercracker

Quote:
Can you at least capitalize first word of the characters's names? It is hard to read their names among words : ).
Panzercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-16, 04:09   Link #55
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratedhook522 View Post
Somebody, please can anybody spoil how they get out of the predicament their facing in chapter 19? Unless help comes their pretty much screwed aren’t they
The supposedly 'pervy' lord, Vilar, saved them.

Also, went to look at the map again, apparently Vilar is part of the Union while Marrine is leading the Alliance. No wonder I have some confusion here and there.
I'm not exactly sure how the two factions work other than each is a sort of alliance. If the information was in first part of volume 1, it failed to enter my mind, pretty normal for me for any new series I'm reading.

At any rate, Vilar is the 'elder' cousin of Marrine. His mother is the elder sister of Marrine's father.
Old 2018-01-16, 05:01   Link #56
Tenzen12

Well Theo land belong to union too, so Vilar aiding them kinda make sense, even if it is one huge farce from very beginning and everyone else know it

Well I guess Siluca has no choice but join Union for real now.
Old 2018-01-16, 10:25   Link #57
faiz blaster

One thing that I still don’t get is who the “big bad” of this series is supposed to be? I mean, all major characters seem to have their own definition of “justice” (all of which are valid, by the way) and seem to be just acting on it.
Old 2018-01-16, 11:47   Link #58
Panzercracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
One thing that I still don’t get is who the “big bad” of this series is supposed to be? I mean, all major characters seem to have their own definition of “justice” (all of which are valid, by the way) and seem to be just acting on it.
I don't think there are really "big bad" character, and it's actually boring if there are a big bad character.
Panzercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-16, 12:13   Link #59
ahuei123456

For those interested in some more background over the world of Grancrest, the first rulebook for the Tabletop RPG is actually translated here. It has some nice background info, such as how the world came to this point, as well as detailed explanations of the mechanics of Chaos and relationships between some of the side characters which might(?) be spoilers for future LN volumes.

As a bonus, it also includes the LN prologue translated.
ahuei123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-16, 12:42   Link #60
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
The current big bad (as far I've read --> almost done with v2) is the Demonlord. How she came to be is part of the lore related to the chaos surge. It's outlined in v2 beginning.

The factions came about because Lords, forgetting the original purpose of their Crest (subverting Chaos), or rather in the name of achieving the ultimate Grancrest to resolve the Chaos problem (by merging/absorbing crests of others), are embroiled in expanding their domain, war, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuei123456 View Post
For those interested in some more background over the world of Grancrest, the first rulebook for the Tabletop RPG is actually translated here. It has some nice background info, such as how the world came to this point, as well as detailed explanations of the mechanics of Chaos and relationships between some of the side characters which might(?) be spoilers for future LN volumes.

As a bonus, it also includes the LN prologue translated.
Nice, I've only gotten bits and pieces from the JP wiki, somewhat vague. Might buy the books too but I no longer TRPG. I'll bite when a mobage or PC game available on steam is released.