2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 0.85%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 1.14%
Voters: 352. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-05-24, 21:21   Link #41
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
A guy doing what he wants to a girl is mature? Really? A mature and real relationship isn't really based on such things, or rather it shouldn't be.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 21:30   Link #42
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
A guy doing what he wants to a girl is mature? Really? A mature and real relationship isn't really based on such things, or rather it shouldn't be.
Kaaaaaaaaaay, you're taking me far to literal ...I really don't see what's not to understand about what I'm talking about...I'm only saying mature in the sense of what realistically could happen verses what usually winds up happening in many animes because of fan-coupling issues...So that's why I don't expect Lulu to always kiss or get his physical comfort from a girl in a situation where it could really happen and be no big deal afterwards (or perhaps be a big deal)...If you still don't see where I'm coming from I digress...
Old 2008-05-24, 21:32   Link #43
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I think he would have to honestly be attracted to someone before that ever happened and he never really has.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-24, 21:39   Link #44
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
I think he would have to honestly be attracted to someone before that ever happened and he never really has.
I don't think it gets anymore "attracted" than asking a girl to physically and//or sexually comfort you while basically trying to force a kiss on her that she had to slap you in the face to prevent...Last ep Lulu was in a state where he was prolly gonna syringe some Refrain get a street-walker and hit the love motel for something to take his pain away, but maybe that's just me seeing things...
Old 2008-05-24, 21:40   Link #45
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Um, he was in a bad emotional and mental state at that moment. It could be reasonable to assume he would have pulled that with any paticular girl that he knew personally, though C.C. would have been an exception of course since I don't think he would have tried anything with her at all nor asked her to comfort him. She isn't emotional enough to warrent anything like that anyway. Meh, it doesn't matter. You'll get what you want in the end.

Old 2008-05-24, 21:41   Link #46
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

oh man don't you love how we're on the 3rd page already...even though there's still a good amount of time before we get to watch episode 8
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 21:42   Link #47
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Um, he was in a bad emotional and mental state at that moment. It could be reasonable to assume he would have pulled that with any paticular girl that he knew personally, though C.C. would have been an exception of course.
I don't think C.C would have been an exception. Though I do wonder what would have happened if C.C met him instead of Karen.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 21:43   Link #48
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I don't think he would have tried anything with her at all nor asked her to comfort him. She isn't emotional enough to warrent anything like that anyway. Meh, it doesn't matter. They'll get what you want in the end.

Old 2008-05-24, 21:46   Link #49
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
I don't think C.C would have been an exception. Though I do wonder what would have happened if C.C met him instead of Karen.
eh i have to disagree with that. i don't think it would've led up to that point...C.C. wouldn't be like "ask me to do something lulu!"
Old 2008-05-24, 21:50   Link #50
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Um, he was in a bad emotional and mental state at that moment. It could be reasonable to assume he would have pulled that with any paticular girl that he knew personally, though C.C. would have been an exception of course since I don't think he would have tried anything with her at all nor asked her to comfort him.
But he still was attracted to her...You think a slug goes slurming around looking for the hawttest female slug? No he's just looking for some feel good time...Lulu was looking for the same thing...Had Shirley come looking for him she would have gotten the same bullseye (Perhaps the result would have been a little different but I don't think by much)...

Quote:
You'll get what you want in the end
Uh, my whole argument is kinda based on the fact that I won't get what I want in the end because animes like this never give it to you ...
Old 2008-05-24, 21:52   Link #51
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Meh, I'm wrong never mind. And either you'll get what you want at some point or they'll be to the point where it will happen in the future. And Taniguchi has done animes like CG that did do exactly what you want to happen.

Old 2008-05-24, 22:05   Link #52
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Meh, I'm wrong never mind. And either you'll get what you want at some point or they'll be to the point where it will happen in the future. And Taniguchi has done animes like CG that did do exactly what you want to happen.
There was a scene from Gun X Sword that I remember between the main character and the loli that was pretty expressive (near the end of the series when she comforted him in his dark moment), but can't really recall anything more than that... I don't think Taniguchi has ever worked on a show that's even close to the marketability of CG (Or just a show this big of a hit)...I've seen lots of moments in CG that could have been stronger in this area, but the mode isn't that of a show like Planetes where these things are often more partial...I'm talking the more pop-anime titles like CG where appeasing certain fan-elements will often take over and make a director pull the string on stuff like character a making out with character b because of potential fan-backlash (And Sunrise has a history of interferring in these matters)...
Old 2008-05-24, 22:10   Link #53
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
I was referring to a scene involving two characters having sex in a mech, though in terms of expression the scene you spoke of was a good one. He also had another work where two characters make out after comforting one another and sleeping together in the end.

Oh, popular animes like Gundam then? This is probably the biggest title he ever did though I think s-CRY-ed did rather well in this regard.

Old 2008-05-24, 22:12   Link #54
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
I was referring to a scene involving two characters having sex in a mech, though in terms of expression the scene you spoke of was a good one. He also had another work where two characters make out after comforting one another and sleeping together in the end.

Oh, popular animes like Gundam then? This is probably the biggest title he ever did though I think s-CRY-ed did rather well in this regard.
And by two people he means Rakshata, and Gino.

Hint: *Look at there VA's*
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 22:26   Link #55
kyosak
poo

Wait, I'm confused. Has this episode aired already?
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 22:35   Link #56
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosak View Post
Wait, I'm confused. Has this episode aired already?
nopeee still got a while i think

spoiler pics would prolli be up if it had aired

*edit* - it says on the first page
Episode 8 will be broadcasted this 25th may at 5:00 PM (Japan Time Zone),
which means this 25th may at 9:00AM (GMT 00).
Old 2008-05-25, 00:21   Link #57
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Wow do we really need 500 posts before the ep starts? These threads come out too early...Yeah I'm compounding the problem by responding, but since we've seen the mecha-ep, the fanservice-ep, the strategy-ep, I hope we get another Lulu being backed into a corner and having to think under pressure how to make a bad situation go in his favor...

As for the LuLu x Kallen thing, wake me when a show like this ever actually gives the audience what they want in-terms of this ...
I didn't think there were ever any episodes so strictly focused as to be easily narrowed down to one overriding theme.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 00:52   Link #58
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I just wanna see Lelouch win a decisive victory already.... is that too damn much to ask? Really now.... >_<
Old 2008-05-25, 01:17   Link #59
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I deleted 20 off-topic posts from this thread. When someone ignorant of the forum rules comes and asks a question that can't be answered without breaking them, it'd be really great if you'd all just not reply. This isn't the place to be chatting about why you can or can't talk about where the raws can be found -- the point is, you can't ask, and you can't tell. So please don't even reply, report the post, and let the mods warn the user for not reading the obvious clearly-stated rules that you all already know.

Also note that the time when the episode will air is indicated in the opening post of this thread.
Old 2008-05-25, 01:34   Link #60
fruitcage
<3

Im looking forward to how Lelouch deals with Nunnally, and who he reveals himself to although I think it might be with the Euphemia flashback, if it is indeed one. If thats the case, the number of people who knows Lelouch = Zero stays the same.
fruitcage is offline   Reply With Quote