AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2016-06-28, 05:51   Link #41
rantaid

what is 'game paladin' and 'actual paladin' are? doesn't they are just some dude with armor and sword to hack and slash? why do the emphasize matter?
rantaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-28, 05:53   Link #42
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Because a paladin is not necessarily some kind of hack and slash guy in armour?
Old 2016-06-28, 06:28   Link #43
Breimn

Paladins are those moralfags with armor and sword to hack and slash that you are supposed to like instead of hating while in reality everyone with half a brain hates them.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-28, 08:17   Link #44
sasuke706

^True, but the MC in this takes the Paladin justice thing to a more neutral level.
As long as it isn't actively trying to harm people, he's pretty good with it.
Though on the other hand, he literally swore to his goddess to help people who are getting harmed so overlooking any amount of 'harm' isn't an option.

For example, in the latest chapters he's going around healing prostitutes who can't afford to get healing at the temples.
Not only that, he's made a friend with a courtesan prostitute and he actually respects her a lot despite how much she's tried to manipulate him.
The reason for this being is he respects training and practice and the fruits of them. He actually compares the thorough arts of enticement to his own combat training.
A thief also tries to snatch his cash and he actually ends up paying the thief to guide him around town.

Also, the MC is a severe muscle believer.
He was taught enough muscle can solve most problems. And he generally does solve a lot of problems with muscle.
It's actually a running gag with the narou commenters that he'd form a muscle religion if he didn't swear to himself the Torch Goddess already, since his priorities basically go "Goddess > Muscle > Money".
His parents were very... yeah.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-28, 10:13   Link #45
DarkDooM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
He was taught enough muscle can solve most problems. And he generally does solve a lot of problems with muscle.
It's actually a running gag with the narou commenters that he'd form a muscle religion if he didn't swear to himself the Torch Goddess already, since his priorities basically go "Goddess > Muscle > Money".
I didn't expect that at all, looking at the cover. Is he the type that looks like a twig but is actually super strong, or is he a Guts clone?
Old 2016-06-28, 10:29   Link #46
sasuke706

He has a somewhat above average medium build if I recall, but is a lot stronger than he looks.
So not a twig, but not a lump of walking muscle.
Old 2016-06-28, 10:42   Link #47
cabman11

Like I said before he is Hercules
Old 2016-06-28, 12:21   Link #48
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
I should add an explanation here: William's motivation is always love and peace and faith, but he geneuinly believes in that he can achieve them by either beating things up with muscle or just buying it out with money or both.
And he really believe people will be happy this way. Yes, he actually is an air head who'll geneuinly believe in some weird things, overlook stuff, or just outright miss the obvious.
shmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-28, 12:29   Link #49
Rasty

^ So to sum it up:
He is seigi baka + baka + hetare (oh this one was called celiabate)...
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-28, 12:34   Link #50
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
^ So to sum it up:
He is seigi baka + baka + hetare (oh this one was called celiabate)...
Oh, he definitely is not a hetare. He actually has a discussion with his courtesan friend on the possibility of his love life, but eventually came to the conclusion that he should just stay a celibate.
Old 2016-06-28, 13:02   Link #51
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantaid View Post
what is 'game paladin' and 'actual paladin' are? doesn't they are just some dude with armor and sword to hack and slash? why do the emphasize matter?
Clerical duties. This is kinda a huge distinction.
Old 2016-06-28, 13:29   Link #52
sasuke706

The reason he decides he should probably stay single is mostly due to the whole goddess stalker thing that really wants in his pants to babymake.

And despite how much he loves muscle and thinking with muscles, he actually does legitimately think about things as well.
So calling him a seigi baka is only half correct (because he tries his best to understand others actions without imposing his own ideals), and baka is just not correct because he does heavily consider actions. Not that heavily considering them means he makes the right choice, though.
Old 2016-06-28, 13:40   Link #53
Rasty

^ I am a bit too oversensitive to these character traits I guess I read a bit too many badly written ones. Might just try it once I have nothing better to do and see whether he is so bad or not.
Btw. Sasuke, are you recomending this? Considering your last recomendation was really good it could be good...

Why does he not go for the goddess?
Old 2016-06-28, 13:45   Link #54
sasuke706

I'd recommend this, yeah. The ancient dragon fight was the hypest shit I've seen on Narou.
The start can be a bit difficult to get through though.

You mean the stalker goddess? His sworn goddess, the Torch Goddess, and her are sisters. Whenever the stalker goddess starts hitting on him or whatever, Torch Goddess makes him feel a headache or tries to get in the way. Torch Goddess does not want her sister to NTR her husbando.
He also feels very shy about getting it on with a divine being since he's a "mere" human, and his sworn goddess is very shy and businesslike herself. Honestly, the closest thing to a heroine in this series is the Torch Goddess. They basically made a marriage vow at the start and all, to walk through life together until death.
The protagonist also considers at one point that his lack of luck with women might be divine intervention.
Old 2016-06-28, 13:52   Link #55
cabman11

I think it should be made clear that torch goddess is the goddess of death and reincarnation.
Old 2016-06-28, 13:55   Link #56
sasuke706

The torch that guides souls to the afterlife and then a new life, yeah.
Her blessing power is basically 'make nearby undead pass on'. Not a very popular god due to that. At least until the protagonist came along as her walking advertisement.

The stalker goddess is the god of Undead, by the way.
The one that's "evil" but kind-hearted. And very expressive in contrast to her silent little sister.
Old 2016-06-28, 14:08   Link #57
Rasty

Actually why is the MC even working under her? That blessing seems like completely useless.
Old 2016-06-28, 14:22   Link #58
sasuke706

His beliefs and hers are the same. Swearing an oath to a god means following the god's doctrines and all.
Not to mention she reincarnated him so he could actually 'live'.
His previous life was basically him cowering in his room, too afraid to live a life, just a living corpse basically.
Her beliefs are to live a proper life and then die, and due to his experience of his previous life, his new family of undead raising him, and then needing to have his parents pass on to free them from the Undead God all lead to him swearing to be her Paladin. He needed a particularly powerful blessing to have his legendary parents pass on as well, so he made the most powerful oath he could.
So he wants to live a proper fulfilling life and pass on when his time comes instead of "just living" as a corpse.

It's nothing fancy compared to other god blessings, but the protagonist honestly doesn't need any more advantages since he's overpowered as all fuck.
Plus undead aren't all that rare.

Last edited by sasuke706; 2016-06-28 at 14:33.
Old 2016-06-28, 14:30   Link #59
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
I should add an explanation here: William's motivation is always love and peace and faith, but he geneuinly believes in that he can achieve them by either beating things up with muscle or just buying it out with money or both.
And he really believe people will be happy this way. Yes, he actually is an air head who'll geneuinly believe in some weird things, overlook stuff, or just outright miss the obvious.
to be fair, in the world setting. Muscle+money works very well. That combo works very well in real life as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
Actually why is the MC even working under her? That blessing seems like completely useless.
making the undead pass on? that is actually very handy when your opponent is the god of undead.
Old 2016-06-30, 01:09   Link #60
Amuris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyureki View Post
^ I feel you're placing way too much undue blame on cabman here. None of this is his fault. It's because of what kind of forum this place is...and also maybe no small part due to erotora who is practically the one that started the standard 3 question faq thing around here.
I'm not blaming him. I'm just explaining what's going on. That "who your talking to is more important than what you say" is something you would be taught in an English class. A good class, mind you, not one that only tells you prescriptive grammar which means nothing almost ever. That's why I was trying to sound more reserved in the second one, so you could tell it's just a comment and not hostile.

Anyway, it's really just one of those "flying to China and speaking French" kinda things. Confusion and complaints come when you don't speak the local language.

Also, why wont anyone answer my question? da fuk is "stromg mc"?! (someone fix the tag)

Tags
different world, high fantasy, paladin, reincarnation, undead