AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-04-27, 21:54   Link #41
grecefar

huh it wasn't that hard for kurusu to kill the other vampires in the end and he was even acting normal after that. I thought it was going to be more drama for him.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-25, 07:35   Link #42
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Just me now, or anyone else still watching this one? Criminally underappreciated doesn't even begin to do it justice.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-25, 07:50   Link #43
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Just me now, or anyone else still watching this one? Criminally underappreciated doesn't even begin to do it justice.
I stopped watching halfway through ep 7.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-25, 11:58   Link #44
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
I'm still watching, but don't have anywhere close to the appreciation you have for the show. There's just nothing about it that really grabs me, but I don't outright hate it either.
Old 2021-05-25, 15:50   Link #45
Dop
Mmmm....

I'm still watching, and very interested to see where this goes.
The suited vamp with the purple eyes suggests things are about to go very wrong - even more so.
Then there are the two other members who've not checked in yet but are presumably still out there. Maeda was only seen in flashback, so we don't know what's happening with him now.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-25, 19:54   Link #46
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
I'm still watching. It's odd and unpredictable, and it has GeGeGe no Kitaro playing a vampire. What's not to like?
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-25, 20:45   Link #47
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
I'm still watching. It's odd and unpredictable, and it has GeGeGe no Kitaro playing a vampire. What's not to like?
It's like the tree falling in the forest with no one hearing. But I think it's making a sound.

For me Mars Red is a masterclass on how to develop an aesthetic despite a limited animation budget. Love the writing and soundtrack, and the cast is lights' out great.
Old 2021-05-25, 23:24   Link #48
Magewolf

Quote:
It's like the tree falling in the forest with no one hearing. But I think it's making a sound.

For me Mars Red is a masterclass on how to develop an aesthetic despite a limited animation budget. Love the writing and soundtrack, and the cast is lights' out great.
It is very well done but in a theatrical way(understandably considering the source) and that tends to be the kiss of death for anime popularity.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-15, 07:37   Link #49
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

So good, so unloved...
Old 2021-06-15, 08:40   Link #50
grecefar

Same as shadow house and godzilla, so underrated animes that goes without notice.
Old 2021-06-21, 03:02   Link #51
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I really like the plot structure here. Normally, the premise dictates what the story contains. It does hold true here, but only in a fraction of the story. Nobody would expect that, well, Maeda would turn into a feral vampire in a brutal twist of irony after spending much time being basically the lapdog of LtG Nakajima against vampires. The story marches on in a logical sense, while respecting the audience enough to understand the story's twists on their own.

Shuutaro going Icarus with Aoi in his arms worries me a lot. They are basically still in a precarious position since he is flying with limited protection against the sun and Aoi is still bleeding out. Meanwhile, that girl's correspondence with someone is troubling too. Which vampire is she contacting? Rufus? Or perhaps Maeda? Who knows? Maybe Maeda was trying to fool everyone that he was a feral when he was actually quite stable... in any case, I hope that Maeda would have his closure post-vamp.

EDIT: Episode 12 was quite something. Wow.

Also, this may be a worthwhile read to those who are watching the series: Interview: Mars Red Director Kouhei Hatano and Screenwriter Jun'ichi Fujisaku
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2021-06-21 at 21:41.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-23, 01:25   Link #52
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

That's twice in one week that I've heard an anime use Vivaldi's "Winter" concerto. And they were my two favorite series of the season, too.
Old 2021-06-28, 17:26   Link #53
Alchemist007
*Author

Was alright, though I think the antagonists weren't quite up to par. I think the narrative itself just wasn't as good as I had hoped from ep 1.

7/10
Old 2021-06-29, 01:07   Link #54
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Children of the future age,
Reading this indignant page,
Know that in a former time
Love, sweet love, was thought a crime.
"A Little Girl Lost" by William Blake. Read the rest here.
Old 2021-06-29, 16:20   Link #55
grecefar

I wonder what happened with shutaro in the end?, did I miss something?, It was showed what happen with the others but not him.

7/10.

Tags
alternate history