Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-22, 05:04   Link #41
Rellek

Location: San Diego, California and its bloody expensive here. -.-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousuke
If Ichigo were to be paired with somebody, it would probably be Rukia. Think about it. The show pretty much exists because of Rukia. She's the leading lady and has a very close friendship with our leading man. But in the end, Ichigo/Rukia would be more dynamic to watch onscreen than Ichigo/Orihime. Ichigo/Orihime is a cute idea and all, but I think watching it would be dull and anticlimatic. They get along too well and Orihime doesn't have any binding ties to the spirit world like Rukia does (Orihime has her fairies, but it's not like she's bound to Soul Society in any way). If Ichigo and Orihime got together, it would just be a sweet idea to be blandly forgotten over time. If Ichigo and Rukia got together, it would be a Romeo and Juliet sort of relationship, and in the end people like to watch drama, not something easily coasting along.

Ichigo/Rukia lives.
To be honest I've only been watching the anime, but this buisness with "Kaien" was forseable from the first instant ichigo became a shinigame. Since I know nothing of that afair, I'll go off of my past expience. This show is based emotionally on how we as people act in the real world. I have seen pairs of people who act the same way Ichigo and Rukia do. And to be frank, the closest these two can be in a relationship with eachother is just extremely close friends.

If by some chance the writter for bleach goes through with the pairings as the characters grow older. Putting Rukia and Ichigo would be entertaining, but so is watching the timer tick down on a bomb and watching the result afterwards. Sure, these two can be caring for eachother, but at the same time they would be at eachothers necks.

With the pairing of Ichigo and Oriheme though, it seems that her feelings for him are developing deeper. And eventually like each story I have read or seen Ichigo could come to his senses and return her feelings whole heartedly. Mainly becuase Ori is the supporting character for ichigo. And with each episode Ichigigo is going to have more work to do. So why have war at both home and work. When you could come home to a santuary?

Another view on why Ori and Ichigo could become a pair, is Ichigo's recklessness. Ori, in turn becomes the counter balance that keeps him walking a straight line. While Rukia can offer some balance, she is a double edged sword and is also aggressive and has a stern outlook.

A final note, Ori is now getting some more spot light in the show as of late, as she is being brought up more in conversation. And seems to lead the others in ichigo's absense.
Old 2005-12-22, 05:30   Link #42
Mousuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellek
To be honest I've only been watching the anime, but this buisness with "Kaien" was forseable from the first instant ichigo became a shinigame. Since I know nothing of that afair, I'll go off of my past expience. This show is based emotionally on how we as people act in the real world. I have seen pairs of people who act the same way Ichigo and Rukia do. And to be frank, the closest these two can be in a relationship with eachother is just extremely close friends.

If by some chance the writter for bleach goes through with the pairings as the characters grow older. Putting Rukia and Ichigo would be entertaining, but so is watching the timer tick down on a bomb and watching the result afterwards. Sure, these two can be caring for eachother, but at the same time they would be at eachothers necks.

With the pairing of Ichigo and Oriheme though, it seems that her feelings for him are developing deeper. And eventually like each story I have read or seen Ichigo could come to his senses and return her feelings whole heartedly. Mainly becuase Ori is the supporting character for ichigo. And with each episode Ichigigo is going to have more work to do. So why have war at both home and work. When you could come home to a santuary?

Another view on why Ori and Ichigo could become a pair, is Ichigo's recklessness. Ori, in turn becomes the counter balance that keeps him walking a straight line. While Rukia can offer some balance, she is a double edged sword and is also aggressive and has a stern outlook.

A final note, Ori is now getting some more spot light in the show as of late, as she is being brought up more in conversation. And seems to lead the others in ichigo's absense.
I don't mean to say that Ichigo/Orihime is impossible, I just don't think it's as interesting as Ichigo/Rukia. Rukia is more like the coworker or backup, and Orihime is like the quiet little wifey waiting at home with dinner ready. Personally, I'd rather see Ichigo with a girl who can kick butt than with a domestic girl who's there for him when he feels like it.

If Ichigo "[came] to his senses and [returned Orihime's] feelings wholeheartedly", I can't see it drawing much attention to itself. Orihime is a gentle, soft-spoken person. Sure, they'd talk now and then, but--being a shounen anime--we'd only see Orihime inbetween fights and in domestic settings (unless she suddenly went Yoruichi and starting kicking ass). If Ichigo and Rukia developed a relationship, it would be (as I mentioned before) similar to a Romeo and Juliet saga. It would be interesting to watch the dramatic struggle. Also, Rukia is a fighter and we'd see her more often, providing more insight on their relationship.

When it comes down to it, Ichigo/Rukia makes for a better watch and seems more probably than Ichigo/Orihime. Perhaps Orihime could pair up with Ishida (there have been hints throughout the SS arc.)
Old 2005-12-22, 05:48   Link #43
Rellek

Quote:
I don't mean to say that Ichigo/Orihime is impossible, I just don't think it's as interesting as Ichigo/Rukia. Rukia is more like the coworker or backup, and Orihime is like the quiet little wifey waiting at home with dinner ready. Personally, I'd rather see Ichigo with a girl who can kick butt than with a domestic girl who's there for him when he feels like it.

If Ichigo "[came] to his senses and [returned Orihime's] feelings wholeheartedly", I can't see it drawing much attention to itself. Orihime is a gentle, soft-spoken person. Sure, they'd talk now and then, but--being a shounen anime--we'd only see Orihime inbetween fights and in domestic settings (unless she suddenly went Yoruichi and starting kicking ass). If Ichigo and Rukia developed a relationship, it would be (as I mentioned before) similar to a Romeo and Juliet saga. It would be interesting to watch the dramatic struggle. Also, Rukia is a fighter and we'd see her more often, providing more insight on their relationship.

When it comes down to it, Ichigo/Rukia makes for a better watch and seems more probably than Ichigo/Orihime. Perhaps Orihime could pair up with Ishida (there have been hints throughout the SS arc.)
When it comes to writting down ideas and thoguhts down onto paper, often my mind moves much to quickly. So, I end up leaving holes that could stretch several papers. My teachers hate me for this btw, so I appologize if that starts to happen.

In anycase, yes the pairing between the two would overall make for a dramatic expierence. But, so could the resulting exchange between ori and ichi, and how the two fall in together. All in all there are too many plot twists just waiting to happen, and it is my opinion that its still to early in the game to call anything.

Another note on Ori, examine her spirit powers physical presence. It reflects her personality, 5 for protecting and one for attacking. So far, each of her sprites excluding her offensive have shown thier faces through her personality. What does this mean? Simple, there is still a lot for character development that is going into ori, this is from what the show has shown. So, personally, I'm waiting for Ori's offensive side to show.

Besides that, I still think that somehow Ishida will pair up with Jizou's Lieutenant for reasons I have already stated.

Finally, while you may call for more drama, for this type of anime, manga, show... eh. A romeo and juliet pairing is definatly not the case for Rukia and Ichigo. Mainly becuase it was not love at first sight and this show is going for a happy ending. So a housewife pairing with Ichigo seems more logical to me.

Either way. Night. >.>;;
Old 2005-12-22, 06:02   Link #44
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
Why is it that every anime, there has to be a main character pairing? This sometime never happens in anime, except for some exception. Take Full Metal Alchemist, Ed never became close with Winry or Rose. Sure its fun to think about it and see if it will happen, but dont get too eager on it.

Exception: Mai-Hime...and others (dont know any really )
Old 2005-12-22, 08:53   Link #45
Sakurax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellek
Finally, while you may call for more drama, for this type of anime, manga, show... eh. A romeo and juliet pairing is definatly not the case for Rukia and Ichigo. Mainly becuase it was not love at first sight and this show is going for a happy ending. So a housewife pairing with Ichigo seems more logical to me.
This show may not actually have a happy ending. Although I love IchixRuki, I agree with others in saying that this may actually end without the love triangles ever resolving. Otherwise it's just too neat and tidy. The whole 'happily ever after' is just too much of an anti-climax, as is the idea of Ichigo getting a housewife pairing...Ichigo as a typical family man? Gahhh...the idea makes me just a little queezy. =/
Old 2005-12-22, 16:13   Link #46
Rellek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurax
This show may not actually have a happy ending. Although I love IchixRuki, I agree with others in saying that this may actually end without the love triangles ever resolving. Otherwise it's just too neat and tidy. The whole 'happily ever after' is just too much of an anti-climax, as is the idea of Ichigo getting a housewife pairing...Ichigo as a typical family man? Gahhh...the idea makes me just a little queezy. =/
All I can say to this is, look at Ichigo's father.

Besides this is all speculation, and most of these pairings will only be in fan-fics. So, in reality, it is whatever floats thier boat.
Old 2005-12-22, 23:22   Link #47
ShuiMei

I think people are looking into this too deeply, almost grasping at straws really to say that Ichigo is especially nice to Orihime as if he's romantically partial to her. Ichigo is a nice guy, hotheaded and stubborn, but he is indeed a nice, caring guy and Orihime is a nice, caring girl, thus, they are good friends who are nice to each other. Buddha knows if I started making note of every little thing Ichigo has ever done for Rukia, it could seem like he's absolutely enamoured with her, which he's not. Hell- if you go through the series with that kind of logic, Ichigo could also possibly have feelings for Chad and/or Ishida, both of which he's paid more attention to and understands better than Orihime.

Orihime is not someone who only needs protection, but she is someone who Ichigo should rightly be concerned about as she is a girl, and Ichigo is a guy, and Ichigo has guy-complex, so he asks her if she's okay. It doesn't matter how able she is, he will still be concerned, he's showed this countless times with Rukia. It also doesn't matter if he "thought her to be of use" if she was still the only one who he asked was injured. The way I see Ichigo dismissing Ishida and Chad prior to SS is really more of a humourous, snarky kind of way, otherwise he would have also asked them if they were all right. We all know that Ichigo actually has complete faith/confidence in Chad, he made that evident when Chad was fighting Shunsui, as for Ishida, having fought him before, it's clear that Ichigo acknowledges his strength.

As Mosuke stated, Orihime's personality-type is starkly different from all the other female characters that Ichigo has interacted with, she is much more fragile and easy-going, she is non-confrontational and terribly kind-hearted. She's not the type to hurt people, and it hurts her to see other people hurt- she's that good girl, borderline perfect, and to be quite honest, I find her quite boring. I like her odd moments of randomness, but her near-flawlessness makes it hard for me to like her/root for her. Her flaws are "horrible" things like being too caring, too nice, too kind, too friendly, too selfless- ooh, that bitch. I can't understand why Ichigo would show such kindness to such a character! ...and while her powers may be open for further development, her personality has only recently seen any real development of her character, but to me she's still limited as that genuinely good, genuinely kind, genuinely selfless, genuinely boring character.

I don't like IchiHime simply because I find the prospects of their relationship to be uninteresting and dull, and once again, a relationship of inequality, where Ichigo could never care about Orihime as much as she cares about him, he could never understand her the same way she understands him. Orihime may be fine with that kind of inequality, it's certainly in her character to be okay "so long as she is near Kurosaki-kun's side," as a supporting role in Ichigo's life, but the thing is, she has proven that she can't even do that...

Spoiler:

Orihime's personality may be the perfect counter for a brash individual like Ichigo, but recent developments in the manga show that Ichigo doesn't seem to respond as well to Orihime's kind of gentleness as he does with Rukia's harshness, which is much more effective.

Even still, I think people overlook Rukia and Ichigo's relationship, particularly how they interact with each other, it's more than just beating on each other and incessant yelling, there's some gentle, genuine undertones in their screams and confrontations. All they really do is mask their affection for each other with all the yelling and screaming they do, it may seem dishonest, but it's certainly effective.

As I said before, Ichigo is "that one person" in her life, but I don't think Orihime could ever be "that one person" in Ichigo's life. Sure they could engage in a possibly romantic relationship, but once again, Orihime's going to have to deal with the fact that Ichigo has another special person in his life, and that person will always be Rukia. He changed her life and she changed his, and Ichigo "coming to realization" will not change that fact. Whether or not Orihime will be able to deal with that is debatable; however,

Spoiler:

Surely, it's possible to get to Ichigo in her own way, but she's going to have to come to terms with the fact that Rukia will always be a part of, and important to Ichigo. There will be things that Rukia will understand that she won't, things that Rukia will be able to say to Ichigo that she can't- it's like they live in their own world where it's just the two of them who are able to understand.

If she can overcome this great obstacle, and it's no easy obstacle, then by all means, go IchiHime- but in the end, IchiRuki, romantic or platonic, will prevail- they are at the fundamental core of this series.
Old 2005-12-22, 23:29   Link #48
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachikun
Why is it that every anime, there has to be a main character pairing? This sometime never happens in anime, except for some exception. Take Full Metal Alchemist, Ed never became close with Winry or Rose. Sure its fun to think about it and see if it will happen, but dont get too eager on it.

Exception: Mai-Hime...and others (dont know any really )
FMA had an original ending. The manga is still going on, and we know how Winry feels. Ed is questionable. It may happen, it may not. But the mangaka him/herself leaves hints in the manga, and often it's natural to take the hints to proper discussions.

Exception :~ Rorouni Kenshin, Dai no Daibouken, Kotaro Makitoru, Jesus the Assasin, Dragon Ball, Full Metal Panic, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Flame of Recca, etc. :P
Old 2005-12-22, 23:47   Link #49
Mousuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuiMei
I think people are looking into this too deeply, almost grasping at straws really to say that Ichigo is especially nice to Orihime as if he's romantically partial to her. Ichigo is a nice guy, hotheaded and stubborn, but he is indeed a nice, caring guy and Orihime is a nice, caring girl, thus, they are good friends who are nice to each other. Buddha knows if I started making note of every little thing Ichigo has ever done for Rukia, it could seem like he's absolutely enamoured with her, which he's not. Hell- if you go through the series with that kind of logic, Ichigo could also possibly have feelings for Chad and/or Ishida, both of which he's paid more attention to and understands better than Orihime.

Orihime is not someone who only needs protection, but she is someone who Ichigo should rightly be concerned about as she is a girl, and Ichigo is a guy, and Ichigo has guy-complex, so he asks her if she's okay. It doesn't matter how able she is, he will still be concerned, he's showed this countless times with Rukia. It also doesn't matter if he "thought her to be of use" if she was still the only one who he asked was injured. The way I see Ichigo dismissing Ishida and Chad prior to SS is really more of a humourous, snarky kind of way, otherwise he would have also asked them if they were all right. We all know that Ichigo actually has complete faith/confidence in Chad, he made that evident when Chad was fighting Shunsui, as for Ishida, having fought him before, it's clear that Ichigo acknowledges his strength.

As Mosuke stated, Orihime's personality-type is starkly different from all the other female characters that Ichigo has interacted with, she is much more fragile and easy-going, she is non-confrontational and terribly kind-hearted. She's not the type to hurt people, and it hurts her to see other people hurt- she's that good girl, borderline perfect, and to be quite honest, I find her quite boring. I like her odd moments of randomness, but her near-flawlessness makes it hard for me to like her/root for her. Her flaws are "horrible" things like being too caring, too nice, too kind, too friendly, too selfless- ooh, that bitch. I can't understand why Ichigo would show such kindness to such a character! ...and while her powers may be open for further development, her personality has only recently seen any real development of her character, but to me she's still limited as that genuinely good, genuinely kind, genuinely selfless, genuinely boring character.

I don't like IchiHime simply because I find the prospects of their relationship to be uninteresting and dull, and once again, a relationship of inequality, where Ichigo could never care about Orihime as much as she cares about him, he could never understand her the same way she understands him. Orihime may be fine with that kind of inequality, it's certainly in her character to be okay "so long as she is near Kurosaki-kun's side," as a supporting role in Ichigo's life, but the thing is, she has proven that she can't even do that...

Spoiler:

Orihime's personality may be the perfect counter for a brash individual like Ichigo, but recent developments in the manga show that Ichigo doesn't seem to respond as well to Orihime's kind of gentleness as he does with Rukia's harshness, which is much more effective.

Even still, I think people overlook Rukia and Ichigo's relationship, particularly how they interact with each other, it's more than just beating on each other and incessant yelling, there's some gentle, genuine undertones in their screams and confrontations. All they really do is mask their affection for each other with all the yelling and screaming they do, it may seem dishonest, but it's certainly effective.

As I said before, Ichigo is "that one person" in her life, but I don't think Orihime could ever be "that one person" in Ichigo's life. Sure they could engage in a possibly romantic relationship, but once again, Orihime's going to have to deal with the fact that Ichigo has another special person in his life, and that person will always be Rukia. He changed her life and she changed his, and Ichigo "coming to realization" will not change that fact. Whether or not Orihime will be able to deal with that is debatable; however,

Spoiler:

Surely, it's possible to get to Ichigo in her own way, but she's going to have to come to terms with the fact that Rukia will always be a part of, and important to Ichigo. There will be things that Rukia will understand that she won't, things that Rukia will be able to say to Ichigo that she can't- it's like they live in their own world where it's just the two of them who are able to understand.

If she can overcome this great obstacle, and it's no easy obstacle, then by all means, go IchiHime- but in the end, IchiRuki, romantic or platonic, will prevail- they are at the fundamental core of this series.
Well said. Hooray for logic! Often character shippers (myself included) get too worked up over the pairing itself instead of whether or not it's at all likely. I'm glad that there's somebody out there who supports pairings without saying "because it's cute"
Old 2005-12-23, 00:27   Link #50
Sakurax

Quote:
Well said. Hooray for logic! Often character shippers (myself included) get too worked up over the pairing itself instead of whether or not it's at all likely. I'm glad that there's somebody out there who supports pairings without saying "because it's cute"
wooooot! I agree ^____^
I was reading through Shumei's post and thinking, "omg! omg!! You took all my disorganised thoughts, phrased them in comprehensible sentences and voiced it to the world!!!"
lol, ok, I didnt really think that, but whooo *applaudes* hooray for a brilliantly delivered and logical argument!
Old 2005-12-25, 21:20   Link #51
QuicksilverPhoenix
Wing of Destiny

Send a message via Yahoo to QuicksilverPhoenix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurax
Orihime understands Ichigo too...but Ichigo doesnt even have a clue about what goes on in her head.
I don't think anyone knows what the hell Inoue is thinking, not even Tatsuki that is her best friend.

I think is:
Rukia -- Renji
Just because Renji and Rukia are childhood friends and if you think about it, Rukia is in the same position as Inoue, because she just met Ichigo.

Ichigo <> Inuoue
Because both have orange hair!! Well, its not a good reason. But still I don't think Rukia
cares about Ichigo in the same way that Inoue does.

Ishida <> His Hand
I dont think he will pair up with anyone at the time being.

I agree there are a lot of other women in Bleach. Tatsuki -- Ichigo is possible because they are Childhood Friends.
Old 2005-12-25, 22:15   Link #52
ShuiMei

No, Rukia doesn't care about Ichigo the same way Orihime does, you're absolutely right- as Orihime is completely devoted and in love with Ichigo, I don't think Rukia is in love with Ichigo, personally. If Rukia knew that Orihime was in love with Ichigo, mind that I have a feeling that she does know that Orihime has some sort of inclination towards him, then Rukia would probably support Orihime's efforts and possibly even try to push the two together.

However, Ichigo also doesn't care about Orihime the same way she cares about him, but I do think that Ichigo feels the same way about Rukia that Rukia feels towards him. I don't think they're 'best friends' I think Ichigo and Chad are better recognized under that title, as are Rukia and Renji.

I think Rukia and Ichigo's relationship is the 'more than best friends but less than lovers' kind of relationship- those are my general sentiments. To be quite honest I really just like their platonic bond more so than the prospects of the two engaging in romantic relations, I just have problems with picturing them with other people in that manner.
Old 2005-12-26, 02:21   Link #53
Blaster

IchigoXRukia sounds wrong to me. Rukia is maybe good to Ichigo because she sees him as Kaien.
Old 2005-12-26, 13:45   Link #54
daemoness
Slave to cuteness

After the Chad flashback I thought Ichigo/Chad would be a good pairing.

I'm for Renji/Rukia and Orihime/Ishida. Or maybe no one will end up pairing up at all!
Old 2005-12-26, 23:11   Link #55
Souzouryoku
The Insomniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Souzouryoku
Quote:
Or maybe no one will end up pairing up at all!
Bleach never did seem like the type of anime to get all "gushy gushy-ish" If there is ever going to be any kind of love scenes in the future..I'm sure they will be extremely, extremely awkward. For the characters..and for the viewers
Old 2005-12-27, 03:31   Link #56
ScytheBlade
Rawr!

Send a message via MSN to ScytheBlade
Ichigo x Tatsuki are definitely 2 badasses. LOL!
Old 2005-12-27, 05:47   Link #57
ShuiMei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster
IchigoXRukia sounds wrong to me. Rukia is maybe good to Ichigo because she sees him as Kaien.
That doesn't make any sense because her relationship with Ichigo is completely different from that of her and Kaien, certainly there are parallels and times (in the beginning of their friendship) where Ichigo reminded Rukia of Kaien but it's pretty obvious she learned to seperate the two early on. While Rukia certainly respects Ichigo, you can't say it's the same way she respected Kaien, her respect for Kaien was as a subordinate, her respect for Ichigo is as an equal.

Ichigo and Kaien may share personality traits but their dynamic with Rukia is totally different. It's clear that Rukia admired Kaien but she was never as honest and lively with him as she is with Ichigo, despite the two being very similar character-wise. While she did chose to stand by both of them no matter what, by Kaien's side Rukia was his subordinate, an underling who had the most utmost respect and admiration for him, with Ichigo she stands as his companion, his equal, perhaps not in terms of physical strength, but they treat each other as equals and support each other the same way.

If Rukia was only nice to Ichigo because he reminded her of Kaien we'd be flooded with Kaien flashbacks every five seconds those two interact, but we're not.

Spoiler:

and I really hope that Bleach ends with no pairings at all If anyone, who normally wouldn't, gets all "rabbu-rabbu" I'm probably going to keel over and die.
Old 2005-12-31, 01:15   Link #58
kismis
Rabid Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemoness
After the Chad flashback I thought Ichigo/Chad would be a good pairing.
ichi/chad? that would only be possible if bleach was a yaoi anime.
which sounds pretty good, come to think of it so many possibilities XDD
Old 2005-12-31, 01:41   Link #59
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I find it funny that as soon as Rukia turned into a helpless moe-loli her fanbase went thru the roof

After the first few episodes nobody was talking about Rukia was the hottest, Orihime was killing her in popularity from what i was reading...but now every otuka is in love cause she looks like a helpless almost pre-teen...I just find it very funny, yet very expected...

I actually like Rukia and Ichigo pairing...he seems to care about her way more than Orihime (I especially liked the moment when he rescued her on execution beams and she looked at him like "Damn I think i'm falling for this baka")...but I feel like that's gonna change because Orihime ain't no slouch and will probably throw herself at Ichigo...I also like Orihime's school fanclub and can't wait til they have some more school episodes with the girl in glasses who worships her ...

I'm still a bit undecided but I think Orihime is gonna make sure it remains a love triangle... As for Renji and Rukia, how can you be with someone who dies or gets toasted every other episode ...
Old 2005-12-31, 01:58   Link #60
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I support Orihime's idea. Two against one, the girls win!
Closed Thread