AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-10, 20:55   Link #41
KidKaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
The best I know of is Tsunashima's home page that I posted above, and this, a Japanese blog site that covers the monthly Jinki chapters: http://nijigendensetu.blog17.fc2.com/
Very interesting scans...By the way, could tell me what happened in the end of the end of volume 5. I know I'm asking for a lot but I'm just wondering abut teen Aoba and Kouse and how they got there.
Old 2008-06-10, 20:59   Link #42
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidKaz View Post
Very interesting scans...By the way, could tell me what happened in the end of the end of volume 5. I know I'm asking for a lot but I'm just wondering abut teen Aoba and Kouse and how they got there.
They were always in Venezuela, they stayed there while Minami and Rui took Moribito Unit 2 to Japan.
Old 2008-06-25, 08:50   Link #43
KidKaz

Did ya'll know that volume 1-3 Jinki: Extend manga is avaliable in english but you have to order them (volume 2 is temporarily out of stock though)
Old 2008-06-30, 01:34   Link #44
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

So, some chapter 3 pointers courtesy of the JP blog I posted above (not complete since I'm bad with understanding kanji):
Spoiler for Chapter 3:

No known links to downloading the chapter yet. Please post info if you know.
Old 2008-06-30, 08:42   Link #45
KidKaz

Quote:
So, some chapter 3 pointers courtesy of the JP blog I posted above (not complete since I'm bad with understanding kanji):
Spoiler for Chapter 3:

No known links to downloading the chapter yet. Please post info if you know.
Kokusho's Aoba Father, no real surprises there

By the way, I've meaning to ask, if the manga is licenced in the U.S. why aren't we getting more than 3 volume.
Old 2008-06-30, 21:33   Link #46
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Kokusho's Aoba Father, no real surprises there

By the way, I've meaning to ask, if the manga is licenced in the U.S. why aren't we getting more than 3 volume.
You do realize they specifically told us he was Aoba's father long ago, right? So the sarcasm is unecessary.

As for the US releases, I have no idea.
Old 2008-06-30, 22:23   Link #47
KidKaz

Quote:
You do realize they specifically told us he was Aoba's father long ago, right? So the sarcasm is unecessary.

As for the US releases, I have no idea.
Must've missed that one
Old 2008-09-24, 20:55   Link #48
Yotaki

I'm glad to see that there are at least a few people who still have an interest in Jinki. Maybe you guys can help me out, I'm having trouble placing Jinki Shinsetsu in the timeline. Is it...

- After Jinki but before Jinki Extend
- After Extend

I can't read Japanese yet, so I have to rely on the small coverage I find online.

Thanks
Old 2008-09-25, 01:15   Link #49
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotaki View Post
I'm glad to see that there are at least a few people who still have an interest in Jinki. Maybe you guys can help me out, I'm having trouble placing Jinki Shinsetsu in the timeline. Is it...

- After Jinki but before Jinki Extend
- After Extend

I can't read Japanese yet, so I have to rely on the small coverage I find online.

Thanks
Jinki Shinsetsu?
Old 2008-09-25, 01:31   Link #50
Robotnik
Not a member

Quote:
ADV licensed Jinki: Extend (not the original series), and due to their financial problems it has either been "on hiatus" or outright canceled.
Old 2008-09-25, 05:53   Link #51
KidKaz

Quote:
Jinki Shinsetsu?
I think Yotoki means the two covers we've see on Tsunashima's home site.
Old 2008-09-25, 05:55   Link #52
KidKaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotnik View Post
ADV licensed Jinki: Extend (not the original series), and due to their financial problems it has either been "on hiatus" or outright canceled.
I'm gonna go with outright cancelled
Old 2008-09-25, 10:37   Link #53
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
I think Yotoki means the two covers we've see on Tsunashima's home site.
Ah. In that case, I believe those are just re-issuings of the original Jinki volumes, like how Comic Blade released remakes of the original Jinki volumes when they picked up the licensing. (I think, I haven't gotten them because I don't want to rebuy them if they are, I already have all four original volumes) There's definitely not enough of the newly-released Dengeki Daioh chapters to make 2 volumes.
Old 2008-09-25, 17:20   Link #54
Yotaki

Quote:
Ah. In that case, I believe those are just re-issuings of the original Jinki volumes, like how Comic Blade released remakes of the original Jinki volumes when they picked up the licensing. (I think, I haven't gotten them because I don't want to rebuy them if they are, I already have all four original volumes) There's definitely not enough of the newly-released Dengeki Daioh chapters to make 2 volumes.
I meant the series that is currently being published in the Dengeki Moe.

JINKI ―真説―

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=23169

I guess thats not what its called then? lol
Old 2008-09-25, 18:27   Link #55
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
I meant the series that is currently being published in the Dengeki Moe.

JINKI ―真説―

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=23169

I guess thats not what its called then? lol
Those are the ones that I'm talking about probably being re-releases.
Old 2008-09-25, 20:22   Link #56
Yotaki

Quote:
Those are the ones that I'm talking about probably being re-releases.
.......So where does the series that runs in the Dengeki Moe fit into the manga timeline?

I heard that its just a flashback to events that happened after the original Jinki but before Jinki Extend.
Old 2008-09-26, 00:00   Link #57
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
.......So where does the series that runs in the Dengeki Moe fit into the manga timeline?

I heard that its just a flashback to events that happened after the original Jinki but before Jinki Extend.
The current arc, which is popularly called the Lost Years arc, takes place between the the 1988 arc and the 1991. It fills in what happened during those three years between Aoba's and Akao's stories. The Lost Years arc started in volume 6 of Jinki: Extend, and is continuing into the Jinki manga being released in Dengeki Daioh.
Old 2008-10-14, 05:35   Link #58
KidKaz

I just found that another group requesting to take over the Jinki manga scanlation since The Wafflehouse hasn't updated them for the past two years. And whoever posted it on "The Toaster" hasn't had a response in nearly a month. So I don't what's gonna happen, are we finaly gonna scanlation or not?
Old 2008-10-29, 18:27   Link #59
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Um....huh???

Apparently, according to Anime News Network and the Dengeki Daioh main page...Jinki is over? As of this past Monday, the final chapter of Jinki -Shinsetsu- (the name of the new Jinki chapters released in Dengeki Daioh) was published.

I...don't know what to say. I mean, the story isn't done. We still have the 1991 arc that's been left since we started the Lost Years arc.

On Tsunashima's homepage though, no mention of this has been made by Tsunashima or by any of the people who post on his blog. In fact, nothing has been updated on that site for quite some time, so I really don't know what to make of this......

EDIT: Okay, so after some more searching I found this page which says that the story is going to switch back to the 1991 arc now, although I have no experience wit this site and have no real idea whether this can be taken as official or just fan-wishing.

Last edited by Shinji103; 2008-10-29 at 22:09.
Old 2008-10-30, 17:30   Link #60
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:
Um....huh???

Apparently, according to Anime News Network and the Dengeki Daioh main page...Jinki is over? As of this past Monday, the final chapter of Jinki -Shinsetsu- (the name of the new Jinki chapters released in Dengeki Daioh) was published.

I...don't know what to say. I mean, the story isn't done. We still have the 1991 arc that's been left since we started the Lost Years arc.

On Tsunashima's homepage though, no mention of this has been made by Tsunashima or by any of the people who post on his blog. In fact, nothing has been updated on that site for quite some time, so I really don't know what to make of this......

EDIT: Okay, so after some more searching I found this page which says that the story is going to switch back to the 1991 arc now, although I have no experience wit this site and have no real idea whether this can be taken as official or just fan-wishing.
I havn't seen ANY scan after the 2nd chapter into Shinsetsu.
Anything interesting happen? lol don't tell me dengeki Daioh is dropping it too?
Closed Thread