Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-10-06, 07:15   Link #41
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
the setting is interesting, but not in the mood to tune in to see the PoV of the character to be killed of the week and feel bad at the end for that person.
Nothing indicates the story is going to keep following that pattern. We got Nanao's PoV this episode because we were supposed to believe he was the MC, but now that it's been revealed it's Nana, odds are the story will be told from her PoV from now on.
Old 2020-10-06, 17:45   Link #42
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
ok to be fair without again goes spoiler to help peoples understand what to get here, this serie is a sort of "reverse mystery" instead of you "find out who is the culprit" we are on the "culprit" vision, it's about "make the perfect crime" she have to kill all of then without get caught then she must make every death looks like its a "enemies of mankind" or other person fault never have any clues leading to her, then we are going from her point of view,

a good exemple here would ge the game "among us" she is the "fake" and must kill peoples without giving any traces about her being the murder, if you played this game then you will understand how this anime will work.
That sounds like the dumbest plan ever that will only lead to the exact same outcome she is, supposedly, trying to avoid.
Old 2020-10-06, 17:58   Link #43
Kazu-kun

She could make it seem like the kids are killing each other. Planting false evidence and sowing discord among them. Eventually, it might lead to them killing each other for real, which would make her job easier to accomplish than if she tried to kill them all on her own without getting found out.
Old 2020-10-06, 18:09   Link #44
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
A strong first episode. I really wonder if the "protag" is dead tho.
Old 2020-10-06, 19:02   Link #45
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
A strong first episode. I really wonder if the "protag" is dead tho.
Depends... Mystery rule of thumb is no corpse, most likely not dead. This isn't a murder mystery though, so...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-06, 19:18   Link #46
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Also, the irony is that Nanao's ability is actually every effective against Nana's proclaimed enemies of humanity.
Old 2020-10-09, 11:08   Link #47
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Yea, I'm in the belief this is a Death note like plot.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-11, 13:38   Link #48
arkhangelsk

Well, we now have episode 2, and Nana is a pretty nice combination of cuteness, lethality and just enough of the underdog that ironically makes you want to root for her rather than her poor victims
Spoiler:

arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-11, 15:09   Link #49
Kazu-kun

Go go Nana. Kill them all.
Old 2020-10-11, 15:49   Link #50
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Cmon yung Gintoki, you gotta stop this crazy chick.
Old 2020-10-11, 16:44   Link #51
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Now that it's confirmed that she's not from the future or anything, just a girl ordered by the government who decided that these kids have the "potential" to kill hundreds of thousands, I really hope something comes along later on to raise doubts about this. I'd really like to see at least one or two of them survive, and Nana eventually side with them and assert that they can indeed be good people. I can certainly understand the fear, but this seems like a bit much.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-11, 17:44   Link #52
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Now that it's confirmed that she's not from the future or anything, just a girl ordered by the government who decided that these kids have the "potential" to kill hundreds of thousands, I really hope something comes along later on to raise doubts about this. I'd really like to see at least one or two of them survive, and Nana eventually side with them and assert that they can indeed be good people. I can certainly understand the fear, but this seems like a bit much.
well to be fair based on what we watched, the government do have a reason to fear then based on what happened in the past, they even tried to "work together" with the "mutantes"(yeah it's not a x-man stuff ), but in the end it don't worked and all the "mutants" ended going against "mankind", bringing it to almost extition, this really make hard for then to trust again in the mutants and let them "live free".
Old 2020-10-11, 18:09   Link #53
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm glad the guy with time travel powers was dealt with so quickly, because based on this episode alone, the writer really isn't good with time travel. There were quite a few inconsistencies, like Nana's memories being updated after he traveled back and she saw him while the kids had no memories of him punching fire bully even though they must have obviously all seen him do it. His powers weren't detailed enough either. When he goes back, are there two of him? Based on the classroom scene and the one at the restaurant, that's not the case. However, the rest doesn't make sense then.

Well, best not to think about it too much. I heard he pretty much never gets brought up again, so no need to wrack my brain about a non-character.

At least the way Nana killed him was fairly clever.
Old 2020-10-11, 18:26   Link #54
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm glad the guy with time travel powers was dealt with so quickly, because based on this episode alone, the writer really isn't good with time travel. There were quite a few inconsistencies, like Nana's memories being updated after he traveled back and she saw him while the kids had no memories of him punching fire bully even though they must have obviously all seen him do it. His powers weren't detailed enough either. When he goes back, are there two of him? Based on the classroom scene and the one at the restaurant, that's not the case. However, the rest doesn't make sense then.

Well, best not to think about it too much. I heard he pretty much never gets brought up again, so no need to wrack my brain about a non-character.

for what i got from that scene with the fire guy, the time travel guy used his power and go back on the moment when the fire guy was about to punch then no one was paying attention to him, then he punched the guy and before everyone could turn to him he go back to the "future" then for the peoples this was more like a "time stop" than a time travel, because they could not saw his face when he punched the fire guy it was just "too fast" for then, he jumped back in time then go back to the present in less than one second after he punched the fire guy, then for peoples around it looked more like a time stop.
Old 2020-10-11, 19:55   Link #55
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:

Time paradoxes are a hard subject, after all.
I question how the episode plays out, especially the conclusion, but well, it is just a shounen manga-ka, and I don't really think he was thinking that hard on how time travel plays out. Thankfully and probably, this is just a one-time character, so there won't be anymore convenient time-related plots.

By the way, maybe Nana's talent is "Using protagonist logic to bend the story to her will"?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-11, 20:23   Link #56
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Japan is pretty spotty with time travel in general, honestly.

I'm sort of mixed on the series but the one thing I do like is Nana's spy/fortune teller narration while she's reading her marks. Aside from Accelerator wannabe nobody in the class seems all that interesting though.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-11, 21:14   Link #57
Psyco Diver

This is some what interesting, second episode was kinda clever
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-12, 01:07   Link #58
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Now that it's confirmed that she's not from the future or anything, just a girl ordered by the government who decided that these kids have the "potential" to kill hundreds of thousands, I really hope something comes along later on to raise doubts about this.
I suspect it may head in that direction. The way the committee is depicted feels ominous. Also how Nana tries to convince herself that the committee is right, during the lake training scene. It would be an interesting twist if Nana herself is deceived, e.g. by the actual enemies of humanity. Can't tell until more of her backstory is shown.

Until that happens, I'll just enjoy the Death Note-like plot.
Old 2020-10-12, 01:53   Link #59
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
I suspect it may head in that direction. The way the committee is depicted feels ominous. Also how Nana tries to convince herself that the committee is right, during the lake training scene. It would be an interesting twist if Nana herself is deceived, e.g. by the actual enemies of humanity. Can't tell until more of her backstory is shown.

Until that happens, I'll just enjoy the Death Note-like plot.
yeah, i have this theory too, which what she is doing is a plot from the "true enemie of mankind", i think which somehow a true enemy come then somehow scientists were able to create those 'superhuman to fight agains the enemie" then they "were defeated" but not destroyed, then they come back but in a sneak way this time and in order to avoid the super humans find out and defeat then, they created this system to keep the "mankind" in this fake illusion while they keep the heroes from "rise again" against then.
Old 2020-10-13, 21:32   Link #60
VDZ

Quote:
The way I understood it, people experience the original timeline, then the new timeline gets added to their memories even though they didn't actively experience it (note how calmly Nana states she can recall it from her memories, it wasn't like something she remembered experiencing personally). I imagine it's like how the protagonist of Time Hollow (DS game) remembers all the things he's experienced but after each timeline change he pauses to search his memories to find out what's changed as a result of his time travel actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
but well, it is just a shounen manga-ka, and I don't really think he was thinking that hard on how time travel plays out.
Actually, the manga author is not some no-name mangaka, it's Looseboy, the writer of the acclaimed visual novels G-Senjou no Maou and Sharin no Kuni. (However, it is true that his works is sometimes criticized for having plot holes (I personally though G-Senjou's big twist was really dumb), and his last visual novel Boku no Hitori Sensou had mediocre reception.)
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
psychological, super powers