AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-08-06, 05:48   Link #41
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

So, our roster of heroes keeps growing. Which is good because the roster of villains is already a bit big.

I wonder what the nature of her power is. Someone mentioned green lantern, I suppose it's most definitely an imagination-based power, but how does it work? Does it transform something into something else? Although it also seemed like matter was created out of nothing.

I also wonder what the condition is for X-On to copy a power. It seems he gets to keep whatever power he copies, but I haven't seen him copy that "metalbending". Maybe he needs to be sufficiently hurt by it? Like Blue Magic?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-06, 12:05   Link #42
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I thought Lisa would simply get the power to fly, and while she did manage to fly, her actual power turned out to be much more useful and versatile depending on what exactly it can do. Turning your wheelchair into a giant killer robot is already pretty cool.

Interesting that there were apparently two opposing forces at work during the Reflection.
Old 2017-08-06, 14:15   Link #43
Wandering Soul

Got to say that some of the transition scenes were a bit awkward. X-On went from fighting another reflected in the junkyard to casually walking into Lisa's house with Eleanor without any indication that his fight was over. I had to check to make sure that I didn't miss a scene.
Old 2017-08-06, 17:45   Link #44
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I didn't notice anything odd. We saw Magnetochick flee, and X-on later comments she was only trying to stall him.
Old 2017-08-07, 10:28   Link #45
grecefar

Maybe lisa will join the party in new orleans. Soooo japanese high school girls are busted?
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-12, 20:41   Link #46
Sidapa

Exclamation Episode 4 New Orleans aired!

• Lisa joins X-On and Elenor.
  • Ian gets jealous of his I-Guy persona getting attention.
  • The newspapers talk about the Japanese girls doing heroics in Japan.
  • The trio goes to New Orleans and Elenor gets caught by Reflected traffickers Merchant and Trader.
Sidapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-12, 23:47   Link #47
xeviouses

Heh. Ian and the classic 'my alter-ego is more popular than I am' character arc.

By this point, I'm thinking of X-ON as a cross between Megaman, Batman and Spider-man.
Old 2017-08-13, 00:41   Link #48
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Still very much a mixed bag for me, but I give full credit for the Trevor Horn cameo. I hope he plays himself in the dub.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-13, 04:15   Link #49
Chosen_Hero

So Lisa did grab them and joined them, I am not one to comment on a characters cuteness but Lisa was pretty darn cute while she rested, especially anytime she slapped X-On.

Ian is jealous of his I-Guy personas popularity and we found out that his power is his singing which can cause destruction if he used it. Basically he is Blackbolt but instead of not being able to talk he just can't sing which is detrimental considering he is a singing artist.

So the japanese schoolgirls are mahou shoujos... Like I said before, they are very fitting as Japans superheroines. The otaku in that world must be losing their minds.

Also, very interesting to see that New Orleans seems to be anti-reflected, interesting to see this pop up it makes the world feel more believable when compared to other series where everyone just praises "the chosen ones" unconditionally.

And lastly, Merchant and Trader seem to be rounding up the reflected, but is it for good or bad?
Old 2017-08-13, 08:52   Link #50
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Still very much a mixed bag for me, but I give full credit for the Trevor Horn cameo. I hope he plays himself in the dub.
This. If Trevor Horn plays himself in the dub, that'd be just genius.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-13, 11:53   Link #51
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

It seems to me that Merchant & Trader save reflected, rather than abduct them. The question is, is it Prof. X style, or Magneto style?
Old 2017-08-13, 11:59   Link #52
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So the suit is powered by Ian's singing? But then how can he talk to his operator at the same time?

Ian is a far cry from being a hero right now. All he cares about is his popularity, and he even managed to become jealous of himself!
Old 2017-08-13, 18:33   Link #53
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

That's more or less what I expected when I first saw him out of his suit.
Old 2017-08-13, 20:04   Link #54
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
It seems to me that Merchant & Trader save reflected, rather than abduct them. The question is, is it Prof. X style, or Magneto style?
More like the original X-Factor I think.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-18, 01:20   Link #55
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Not too familiar with that one.
Old 2017-08-18, 11:04   Link #56
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Not too familiar with that one.
During one of the periodic "kill all mutant phases" the Marvel universe goes through the original x-men got back together as a team of human "mutant hunters" who tracked down and took care of any mutant problem. Of course instead of killing or locking up the mutants they helped them get away from the attacks on them.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-19, 20:41   Link #57
Chosen_Hero

Ok, so I can't be the only one thar thinks Vy has the coolest power so far, right? She can turn into a kaijuu and grow armor? Damn that's awesome.

So Michael and Vy's backstory is pretty sad and more human than you'd expect. Also was surprised to find out the monster was his wife, I had thought about it being a family member but damn. They are clearly joining the team and I am ok with it.

Interesting how kind of fitting this episode is to current events, especially when you know it was made months or even a year before it aired.

Also, how the hell did Steel Ruler take all of those people?
Old 2017-08-20, 12:08   Link #58
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Michael can only see Reflecred and can differentiate between those who gained their ability thanks to the smoke and those who got it thanks to the light. He'll make a great villain radar.
Old 2017-08-20, 15:28   Link #59
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Except Vy has already proven that the truth is a bit more complicated than light good, smoke bad.
Old 2017-08-20, 17:14   Link #60
Chosen_Hero

I am betting on X-On being a smoke reflected.

Tags
super powers