AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-10-05, 05:55   Link #41
cyth
Banned

First episode was just too weird. Action wasn't engaging, animation didn't feel like the usual Bones goodness either. Character designs aren't that good, they all look super generic to me. Main dude has Black Jack hair. I also realized I hate pastel colors in anime. Supposedly this is an anime original, but its bureau setup feels like that of a typical battle manga.

I had my expectations set higher because Bones. That probably killed it for me. Dropped!
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-05, 06:19   Link #42
Draco Spirit

Confusing opening episode... but I'm liking the crazy mashed up setting. I think I'll keep watching this for a while yet.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-05, 06:54   Link #43
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
pretty random we have mecha,mahou shojou,shapeshifter remind me for comic superheroes
but no magical girl there
What? Whats mahou shoujo then?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-05, 14:39   Link #44
nero12

Well, finally had the time to watch the first ep and I really don't get what's everyone so confused about. Yeah, I mean, it was pretty fast paced with multiple timelines being shown at once and a lot of plot points for a single episode but that isn't supposed to throw you off. I mean Baccano is steps above this in that sense. Even DRRR does this sometimes.
I, for one, absolutely loved this. The animation, artwork, everything really fits the theme of superheroes. Will be definitely following this!
Old 2015-10-05, 14:46   Link #45
James Rye

This first episode was pretty confusing with those many timskips of the past and the present. Like why is the MC running away at all? Hope next episode will clear that up although it looks like it will continue its time jumps.

Also it is called GroßE AugeN not Gross Ogen!!!
Old 2015-10-05, 14:59   Link #46
cyth
Banned

So what do you think this show is supposed to be about, nero12? I've read a recent interview with the script writer Aikawa Shou three times now and I still can't connect what he vaguely described in it with what was presented in this series. This guy would utterly fail pitching his story in an elevator.
Old 2015-10-05, 15:07   Link #47
kuromitsu

I didn't find it confusing, either. No, it wasn't absolutely crystal clear either, but that was by design (similarly to Kekkai sensen). We're not supposed to know everything, and we're supposed to wonder about why and how certain things happened. But that doesn't mean that the story was a confusing mess, that some people seem to think...

Also, come on, this was the very first episode. It's not unusual that the writers don't explain all there is to know about the story in the first episode.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-05, 15:13   Link #48
Draco Spirit

A really confusing first episode something of tradition by now to be honest. Plenty of A class shows have them.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-05, 15:27   Link #49
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I didn't find it confusing, either. No, it wasn't absolutely crystal clear either, but that was by design (similarly to Kekkai sensen). We're not supposed to know everything, and we're supposed to wonder about why and how certain things happened. But that doesn't mean that the story was a confusing mess, that some people seem to think...

Also, come on, this was the very first episode. It's not unusual that the writers don't explain all there is to know about the story in the first episode.
I didn't find what was presented that confusing either, but the general schizophrenia did make it hard to follow along. In the end it always comes down to the characters, thematics and imagery. Didn't quite like either of those so I'm not even interested in watching the next episode. The "bureau" setup already made it hard enough to swallow as it was.
Old 2015-10-05, 15:31   Link #50
Dop
Mmmm....

I liked the visual style of the show, and the main guy's Tezuka hairstyle, so I'm interested to see where it's going with its story.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-05, 16:15   Link #51
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
I didn't find what was presented that confusing either, but the general schizophrenia did make it hard to follow along. In the end it always comes down to the characters, thematics and imagery. Didn't quite like either of those so I'm not even interested in watching the next episode. The "bureau" setup already made it hard enough to swallow as it was.
Well, I guess it's subjective... I didn't find it schizophrenic or hard to follow at all, and overall I found the whole thing tons of fun. It was my favorite premier of the season.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-05, 19:41   Link #52
Seihai
スマイリウム

This episode made me feel both overwhelmed and underwhelmed at the same time. The good thing is I was more overwhelmed than underwhelmed (I don't think I make sense but whatever lol) because of all the freaky elements that I found to be quite entertaining. If there's one issue I find a bit weird it's that we're literally thrown right into the middle of... something. Personally I don't mind the time skipping (used to it from other animes) but hopefully the pace will slow down a bit in the coming episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Also it is called GroßE AugeN not Gross Ogen!!!
To be fair, they probably decided to pronounce it in English for whatever reason.
Old 2015-10-05, 22:59   Link #53
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
First episode was just too weird. Action wasn't engaging, animation didn't feel like the usual Bones goodness either. Character designs aren't that good, they all look super generic to me. Main dude has Black Jack hair. I also realized I hate pastel colors in anime. Supposedly this is an anime original, but its bureau setup feels like that of a typical battle manga.

I had my expectations set higher because Bones. That probably killed it for me. Dropped!
what are you talking about?
the design might generics however the plot arent
this is original story, Bone basically bend all known troupes into one cup
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
What? Whats mahou shoujo then?
no, i meant there is mahou shoujou in the comic as far i know
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-06, 01:25   Link #54
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
welp, various types of Japanese superheroes mixed together in a nutshell while in LSD!!!,
with one guy being a literal Ultraman knock-off , i know the same staff are working on the anime adaptation of the son of Ultraman manga animated by Studio Trigger, don't tell me there's is going to be a Kamen Rider knock-off as well in the next episodes? also the main guy reminds me of the titular Cyborg 009 down to his hair style, outfit, & scarf,

also LSD ending with no songs at all, just the rock music & trippy visuals
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-06, 08:25   Link #55
abc0716

Just watched the first episode, somehow feels like watching the combination of Rolling Girls and Star Driver...
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-06, 08:29   Link #56
com_gwp

Nothing particularly confusing about the first episode in my books; you got a pretty straight story about a superhero organisation and standard in media res opening.

Naw, what gets me is the same thing that Rolling Girls did, as I learned; the style of the show is obviously very inspired by classic gainax, but it feels a little hollow in direction. Nothing about the episode particular engaged me, except for the pretty unique premise where they're mixing all sorts of paranormal individuals together.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-06, 21:09   Link #57
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well finely got around watch this well it wacky but it seems to be all over the place
Old 2015-10-07, 01:47   Link #58
Botan_TM

Looks like having anime with two parallel stories is too much for people

Daisuki.net published two "Making of" videos.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-10-07, 08:10   Link #59
Five_Overs

I want to know what crack the creators are smoking.

I guess the timeline goes like this:

Magical girl helps mecha pilot catch alien spy -> mecha pilot disobeys organization to infuse alien spy into ultraman host -> Magical girl joins the organization -> Some time passes and mecha pilot leaves the organization -> Magical girl spotted mecha pilot in the train and confronts him -> Found him again in the back alley (towards end of episode)

God I love this show. Been a while since a Bones anime captivates me this much.
Old 2015-10-07, 13:17   Link #60
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Concrete Revolutio might be my dream anime concept, or as close as I'm going to get with everyone, just EVERYONE from Japanese Anime Hero mythos toss in together.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, super powers