AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 2 3.77%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 32.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 35.85%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 20.75%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.89%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.89%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.77%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-03-21, 14:25   Link #41
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
no, it really doesn't.
she can't go marry him to be empress then divorce as soon the war end...
Old 2015-03-21, 14:29   Link #42
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
she can't go marry him to be empress then divorce as soon the war end...
because loveless political marriages aren't a thing.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2015-03-21, 14:32   Link #43
endarion88

Quote:
the fact that is lovess make it worse becouse a political marriage will still have her bear successors....unless as said they divorce as it's nothing as soon is over...but will the FACTION be ok with it? becouse she did this to make a faction
Old 2015-03-21, 14:33   Link #44
Oboro

Quote:
and this aside
in the last episode crutheo or slaine or inaoh could die.
So if crutheo die who cares about the (to be) political marriage?
If inaoh die who cares about the romantic relationship who didn't happened for a political marriage?
if slaine ... well i don't belive that Slaine have any possibilities with Asseylum, no more

we saw that she probably feel something romantic for Inaoh but still she will marry Crutheo to stop the war.
And this is in line with the char and with what she said in ep 21 talking with Lemrina about the ppl of Vers.
Old 2015-03-21, 14:37   Link #45
MartianMage

I can't say I didn't see that development coming since someone did speculate that... I don't see Slaine backing down from this so it's now upto the UEF(or perhaps just the Deucalion) and the loyalists to put an end to this war.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2015-03-21, 14:41   Link #46
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic-vic View Post
Well, I don't find the changes in Edellrittio's personality forced at all - don't forget, she lived with Slain on this Moon Base for 19 months!! There was plenty of time to create a strong bonds
And if they'd shown that bond it wouldn't be a problem. But staring at the princess in a jar together doesn't cut it for me, especially considering she knows all about his Machiavellian maneuvering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Slaine's doing all sort of questionable shit, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's irredeemable. The princess thinks he's a lost cause but she actually gave up on him even before she tried to talk him out of it. She didn't truly try to understand him and reach out to him then.
I think the whole thing with leading a genocidal war in her name despite knowing she wouldn't want it is plenty of reason for her to give up on him. At this point asking why she doesn't give him a chance at redemption is liking asking why we don't consider Hitler's point of view.

He's a great character dramatically, but on a personal level he deserves having everyone betray him.

Quote:
so many of you have missed the point. it makes me wonder if you guys actually watched said episode. and the misuse of the term NTR is also kind of funny. If you'd like, i can point you to real NTR and we'll see if you ever misuse it again..
Unless Asseylum has no intention of consummating her marriage, she's absolutely NTRing Inaho.
Old 2015-03-21, 14:42   Link #47
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Re: the marriage: I wonder how many watchers thought "What, again?"

Quote:
Because he's supposed to be her friend, someone pretty close to her. If she doesn't think that's enough not to give up on him, that's her problem. But I stand by my opinion that it shows a clear lack of empathy from her part. They deliberately made the loli said what she said to highlight this point; someone believes he's not an irredeemable monster yet, and ironically, it's not the person who is supposed to be his friend.
What else could she have done that was at all practical? She already tried talking. Twice.

It's like you've got a friend. Who's protective of you. And who's got a steroid addiction. If it's at the point where he already has his hands around your neck because of a bad trip, stabbing seems much more sensible than talking.

I understand why Eddelrittuo wants to put the best face on it. But I wonder if she's right? It looks more like a case of "you never know what a man's made of until you give him power" than "he really cares about the princess".

When he was a powerless underdog, sure, he was all for peace, and yes, loyal. To a point. (A point that didn't include letting Saazbaum die when he had the chance...) But once he has power himself, well. He certainly got more of an appreciation for the temptations that go with it.
Old 2015-03-21, 14:47   Link #48
Oboro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Unless Asseylum has no intention of consummating her marriage, she's absolutely NTRing Inaho.
Shit happens and even if she had romantic feelings for Inaoh (as we saw in the ep 22) , then will be pretty selfish, like Slaine, don't stop A War for a trivial stuff like her personal romantic feelings, she is a princess after all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
here!
Old 2015-03-21, 14:50   Link #49
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
I see lots and lots of fan rage if this really goes through and the series ends with that. And they'd be justified.

I don't think it's what wll happen though, because a) we can pretty much all agree that it's incredibly out of left field and comes off as one big troll on the viewers, and b) it totally oozes of the "make it look like the guy/girl is going to pick one character to love just before the end to misdirect the viewers/readers from who he/she really chooses in the end" gimmick.

But if they really do go through with this troll...........aforementioned fan rage.
Old 2015-03-21, 14:53   Link #50
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Only if Klancain was secretly Inaho's lover. How did that happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I see lots and lots of fan rage if this really goes through and the series ends with that. And they'd be justified.
Why? I mean, yes, I can see the fans raging. Some of them can be pretty childish. But it was foreshadowed when Lemrina asked about Asseylum's feelings: she belongs to Vers. Her own romantic inclinations are of no importance.
Old 2015-03-21, 14:55   Link #51
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Because he's supposed to be her friend, someone pretty close to her.
If he's supposed to be her friend, he shouldn't have stolen her identity and ruined her reputation, don't you think?

Quote:
If she doesn't think that's enough not to give up on him, that's her problem. But I stand by my opinion that it shows a clear lack of empathy from her part.
Even if that was true, why is Asseylum the bad guy for not being empathetic to Slaine?

She has every right to be incredibly pissed at him. Like I said earlier, the fact that she didn't shoot him on sight is about all the empathy Slaine deserves for all he's done to her.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2015-03-21, 14:57   Link #52
AverageFan

Since the princess announced her rise to the throne and the ceases of hostilities, there probably going to be some confusion among the knights. But since she is empress, they can’t really going against her or else she can call them traitors and have their removed rank and stuff.

So Clan’s mission was to secure the princess since the old emperor is near death. Muzuurek is back even if only for a few seconds. Its good that they showed him even a bit. It seems that the castles can left off and go back into spaces. I was wondering about it since all the castle landed back in the first season.

When Asseylum talked to Slaine and Slaine says that he will talk about about it. Was he about to listen to reason and review his choices. But then again he did say that line about having no home to return to.

Then there was scene between Asseylum and Ed. Hime was saying that Slaine has changed. But then Ed comes in and says that he hasn’t changed and still cares about here. I thing that was sweet. But I seems that the princesses still dose not know the reason being Slaines actions. And I think that is a problem. But her father did ask to make the people happy.

On the earth side, there getting ready for a finally showdown. The scene between Inaho, Inko and Clam was kind of nice. The full armor Sleipnir was expected and looks ok.

then there was the broadcast by the princess to end things off.

The ending also changed
And only 3 pages on this thread thought there would be more
Old 2015-03-21, 14:59   Link #53
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
If he's supposed to be her friend, he shouldn't have stolen her identity and ruined her reputation, don't you think?

Even if that was true, why is Asseylum the bad guy for not being empathetic to Slaine?

She has every right to be incredibly pissed at him. Like I said earlier, the fact that she didn't shoot him on sight is about all the empathy Slaine deserves for all he's done to her.
I'd say, beyond how justified she would be in her anger, it's about doing what's right for billions of human beings, Terran and Martian. She's already biting a bullet by marrying Klancain (relatively small one, granted - he seems like a nice guy). She might as well bite another and throw Slaine under a bus.
Old 2015-03-21, 15:00   Link #54
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Why? I mean, yes, I can see the fans raging. Some of them can be pretty childish. But it was foreshadowed when Lemrina asked about Asseylum's feelings: she belongs to Vers. Her own romantic inclinations are of no importance.
After so many episodes of a love triangle, something like that coming out of nowhere in just a few episodes comes off as a troll. There will be rage from the fans if they really do this.
And I can understand their pain. I myself have been waiting for the AsseylumxInaho ship to finally set sail (honestly, I never believed Slain would win her, especially after the events of the second cour), only for the staff to drop this bomb on us.

Still, for the aforementioned reasons (a red herring/misdirect) I'm not so sure the marriage will go through, or last at least.
Old 2015-03-21, 15:02   Link #55
Oboro

On a side note this episode didn't show to us what was the last favor Asseylum asked to Inaoh cyber eye.

Quote:
After so many episodes of a love triangle, something like that coming out of nowhere in just a few episodes comes off as a troll. There will be rage from the fans if they really do this.
well, many viewers aren't shipper

btw at this point i'd call slaine out of any romantic stuff, i belive it was pretty obvious in the last episodes after the amnesia stuff
about Inaoh if there was really some romantic stuff like we hint in the ep 22, she prefer to stop the war than her own romantic inclinations, and this is in line with the Asseylum char showed till now.

but still in the last episodes we will see what are asseylum truly intentions, and who will die in the upcoming battle.

Asseylum too could die and if lemrina die too the we will have really: Aldnoah = zero.

Last edited by Oboro; 2015-03-21 at 15:16.
Old 2015-03-21, 15:05   Link #56
Nicaea

Mayday mayday, my ship is hit! I almost dropped my phone when I saw Asseylum's declaration. In a sense, she has dethroned Aquarion EVOL's Mikono for the title of NTR-hime.

Great that Mazuurek showed up, I wonder if he gets more screentime during the last battle. It would be great to see Klancain go into battle as well (convenient death would be horrible though).
Old 2015-03-21, 15:05   Link #57
dragon1412

pretty much at the moment when i heard the marriage things, the only things i thought is "again?? there is no way this will happened after all the build up and last ep confession unless the director want his name in the mud and the sales go into red".

I'm pretty sure the Marriage things is for Asseylum to pass the throne to Klancain legally before give up on her identity as Asseylum and assumed the identity of Seylum. As we all know, Inaho main pairing is still Seylum at this point.
Old 2015-03-21, 15:07   Link #58
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
Oh, look. I was right. The Emperor wanted to conquer Earth regardless of what anyone, including his own granddaughter thought.
Well he is a Mad Scientist. All of this pretty much a temper tantrum to SHOW THEM ALL!

Slaine: "Now you'll see what it is like when you have no place left to return to”.

Holy fuck that was your beef with Earth all along? It wasn't Earth's fault your father took you from your homeworld. You could've defected anytime. You're thinking Earth rejected you cause one of its Kats shot at you on Sazzbaum's castle? You were wearing a Martian uniform dumbass!

All this episode showed is that old Ray and Slaine are petty idiots. They sought recognition when they did not get that they lashed against the world.
Old 2015-03-21, 15:07   Link #59
Mikethemaster

Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
Quote:

I don't think it's what wll happen though, because a) we can pretty much all agree that it's incredibly out of left field and comes off as one big troll on the viewers, and b) it totally oozes of the "make it look like the guy/girl is going to pick one character to love just before the end to misdirect the viewers/readers from who he/she really chooses in the end" gimmick.

But if they really do go through with this troll...........aforementioned fan rage.
Let's hope it not a shitstorm like Naruto was but than again Naruto is/was super mainstream and the storm still going on... After 4 months
Old 2015-03-21, 15:07   Link #60
Esclair

Does the new Sleipnir have a gigantic codpiece?

Also, I get the feeling Inaho is going to die and the only thing that's going to be left is the AI in his eye...
Closed Thread