AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 20 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 23.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 28.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 10.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-02-14, 15:11   Link #41
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Well, now that Asseylum is waking up, it will be interesting to see how things will unfold from here on, especially for Slaine.
"Oh, Slaine, you're marrying my half-sister, whom you've forced to dress up just like me? That's ... sweet and not at all creepy. Well, good luck to you two, but I'm off to find my dreamboat of destiny."
Old 2015-02-14, 15:21   Link #42
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethemaster View Post
Great episode Inaho didn't really do anything this except give directions but still epic! Slaine duel was fun to watch and I laugh when Lemrina? Said Slaine chose her, girl you're just a replacement. Now I am not a fan of Inaho hooking up with Inko at the end I rather he hook up with Rayet than anyone, that is if the princess bite the dust at the end, but seem like the director are building the Inko x Inaho ship. Like that the sister couldn't kill Asseylum and looks like she awake now.
after watching a certain other anime this season
Spoiler for name:
i wonder if what theyr are building isn't just inko death flag...

yeah sorry the characters i like always end up bad so i become kind of pessimist for this things...
Old 2015-02-14, 15:22   Link #43
Pegasai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchadnis View Post
this was just awesome for some of us who wondered i guess Inaho is really higher ranked then all of them , since he is higher then his sister which been in the military .. well damm it was a nice twist , this eye is a god like power , really like Odin now
he's higher than drafted members of the military, but lower than just about anyone else
Old 2015-02-14, 16:05   Link #44
cf18
Mecha Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
It looks that way. Yet, how is that supposed to help the commoners back on Vers?
Given how Saazbaum described the current condition on Vers, the sensible plan was mass migration of most population to Earth after completely taking over it. Most knights would have expected to rule it in comfort from the orbit.
Old 2015-02-14, 16:16   Link #45
ReddyRedWolf

Slaine sure loves traps.
Old 2015-02-14, 16:18   Link #46
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Also, this episode shows why one must wear a space suit if totally fighting outer space
I was expecting him to explode in a bloody mess or something...not simply float away like that. Space is a vacuum, no?

I think the talk about the Blue rose is a premonition of the relationship between Slaine and Asseylum. He probably realizes that he has now lost her and any hopes of winning back her heart is "impossible".

I think the most sympathetic character here is Lemrina. Despite all her hatred against the royal family and how she's been treated by them, she still considers Asseylum her sister and did not kill her. I don't think she refrained from doing so because she was afraid of any retaliation from Slaine. She probably just wants to have at least someone who is on her side but right now Lemrina has absolutely no one. Errudito (however you spell her name) and Slaine are both on Asseylum's side; they are only merely using Lemrina. So I actually do feel sorry for her...and I also predict she will most likely meet a sad and tragic end. The way Slaine is using her, especially with the marriage plan, is actually quite cruel considering how she feels. The Blue rose can as well be referred to Lemrina.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2015-02-14, 16:28   Link #47
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
I was expecting him to explode in a bloody mess or something...not simply float away like that. Space is a vacuum, no?
No, seems like you wouldn't explode if exposed in a vacuum...

Quote:
After about 10 seconds or so, your skin and the tissue underneath will begin to swell as the water in your body starts to vaporise in the absence of atmospheric pressure. You won't balloon to the point of exploding, though, since human skin is strong enough to keep from bursting; and, if you're brought back to atmospheric pressure, your skin and tissue will return to normal.
And apparently, you can survive as long as two minutes...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2015-02-14, 16:37   Link #48
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
No, seems like you wouldn't explode if exposed in a vacuum...

And apparently, you can survive as long as two minutes...
Heh, that was both morbid and an interesting read. I guess the saying "Thick Skinned" means more than one way. Thanks for sharing.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2015-02-14, 16:47   Link #49
p-kun

Quote:
I think the talk about the Blue rose is a premonition of the relationship between Slaine and Asseylum. He probably realizes that he has now lost her and any hopes of winning back her heart is "impossible".
Wow, your comment makes me realize that Slaine decided to proceed with marrying Lemurina because he thought it's impossible for Asseylum to wake up. But yeah, poor Lemurina. I hope Slaine does care about her to a certain extent.

On the other topic, I wonder if Harklight will take over the fin-funnel kats.
Old 2015-02-14, 17:12   Link #50
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Two counts down... It is interesting that Inaho is superior than most of Mustang squad right now. And Inaho is making up with Inko *I guess we would not worry about this betrayal stuff anymore*

Thanks to Slaine for taking down an Aldnoah with DRAGOON system.. That weapon would for sure troubling Inaho in the future.. Slaine got level-up though

That twist... wow! Slaine is being robbed from Asseylum for sure... I don't know if this is really Slaine's plot or not.. if it is Slaine's plan, then it is clear that he might be using Asseylum in the future to make a new kingdom
Lemrina and Slaine are basically make a coup against VERS empire right now since the Aldnoah's grandpa is on his dying bed

I'm glad that Lemrina is actually didn't hold grudge against Asseylum

but she's back... YES! It is time to roll!
Old 2015-02-14, 17:17   Link #51
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Two counts down... It is interesting that Inaho is superior than most of Mustang squad right now. And Inaho is making up with Inko *I guess we would not worry about this betrayal stuff anymore*

Thanks to Slaine for taking down an Aldnoah with DRAGOON system.. That weapon would for sure troubling Inaho in the future.. Slaine got level-up though

That twist... wow! Slaine is being robbed from Asseylum for sure... I don't know if this is really Slaine's plot or not.. if it is Slaine's plan, then it is clear that he might be using Asseylum in the future to make a new kingdom
Lemrina and Slaine are basically make a coup against VERS empire right now since the Aldnoah's grandpa is on his dying bed

I'm glad that Lemrina is actually didn't hold grudge against Asseylum

but she's back... YES! It is time to roll!
But he didn't blow up that unit or anything. Sure he blasted the dragoons, but they can just rebuild them. Also just have to re-attach the head on that unit. Thought it was interesting how careful he was in taking it down so as to leave it as undamaged as possible.

That was a troublesome enemy though. Even if you can predict things, it's hard to deal with something that can attack you from almost every angle.
Old 2015-02-14, 17:36   Link #52
Top Sergeant

Its good to see Inaho back to not having every answer, and not getting everything his way.

Oh, man, NAVAL GUNFIRE BABY!! Oh YEAH!! CPT Magbaredge, you are my hero!

Slaine is consolidating power. And, IMHO, he will end up losing the real Asseylum.
Old 2015-02-14, 17:38   Link #53
Irenesharda

Well, well, this is getting better and better. I'm beginning to see what's going on with Slaine's plan here. He going at this all from several different angles. He's getting other counts that are more moderate on his side, and at the same time is proving himself in battle by counteracting Vers' long standing idea that Terrans are worthless. He's taking out one opponent to send a message to all the others that he's here to stay. And also, at the same time, I'm not quite sure who is manipulating who here, but he and Lemrina enter into some kind of pact where she will take Asseylum's place and help him achieve his plans. Now, I'm not sure if this is what Slaine wanted all along and put this situation in his favor, unknown to Lemrina. However, if so? I wouldn't be surprise.

On Earth, nothing really important happened. Inaho and the gang are still doing their "martian of the week" formula, but that was rather boring. And actually, if you really think about it, Inaho's actually helping Slaine by getting rid of all the idiotic, racist counts.
Oh, and for some reason Count Mazaruuk is still lost in the desert despite every other group having moved on, but whatever.

But Slaine has his own job to do, he's got to take out Count Marylcian, whose Herschel has basically a group of funnels on it. This actually proves to be a pretty hard battle and Slaine is actually on the ropes trying to avoid this guy, as the amount of fire from all directions is hard for his Tharsis to process. However, unlike many other counts, Slaine uses strategy in his fights and just had to survive long enough in order to put his plan into play. By using the narrow construction tunnels of the moon base, he was able to place all of the funnels in a line in one direction, rather than all around him which allows he to take the all out in one blow.

Without his toys, the tables have turned and Marylcian is now no match for Tharsis. Slaine takes out Herschel in one hit and Marylcian find him sell at the merciless vacuum of space. Slaine wins the duel and with it, everything that was Marylcian's.

Asseylum/Lemrina takes this momentum that Slaine has built to push Slaine's next phase to his plan. She announces that they are changing their game plan and that Vers will strive to make Earth their new home once again, using the lands and resources they have already conquered. Also, she announces that she will take Slaine to be her husband!

Well, that's going to divide a lot of the Vers nobility, and Slaine's plan is becoming a little clearer each episode. Now engaged to "Asseylum", he is one step closer to becoming the highest rank of anyone in Vers. He's got Lemrina on his side now, and there aren't many that going to oppose him after this duel and the attack on Trident. He's also begun to sew the seeds for co-existence on Earth, though it is much too soon to tell the nobility that outright. But he's got a good start.

That is except for one thing. Lemrina decides that since she's about to take her sister's place full time, Asseylum is no longer needed. She systematically turns off her sister's life support systems one by one, until finally getting to the last. However, she hesitates and can't do it. Turning them all back on, she states that they ARE still sisters and wishes her sister pleasant dreams, but unbeknownst to her, the jolt of having the life support shut off, was actually enough to preform a miracle and awaken Asseylum from her longstanding coma!

So, now with the game changing in so many areas, what will happen next. Even if Asseylum completely awakens, she going to be bedridden for weeks if not months. And she will have quite a lot to catch up on in the mean time. As for Lemrina, when she finds this out, I have no doubt that she will be regretting not turning all the systems off.

I'm excited for next time!

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-02-14, 17:48   Link #54
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
But he didn't blow up that unit or anything. Sure he blasted the dragoons, but they can just rebuild them. Also just have to re-attach the head on that unit. Thought it was interesting how careful he was in taking it down so as to leave it as undamaged as possible.

That was a troublesome enemy though. Even if you can predict things, it's hard to deal with something that can attack you from almost every angle.
hmm... that's true
Then let's assume Asseylum would be saved by Inaho.. and they run away with that unit
Slaine would be owned easily then
Old 2015-02-14, 18:09   Link #55
Irenesharda

Quote:
I don't know if you've seen the movie "Gravity", but they kind of showed a pretty realistic example of what would happen to a human body if it were exposed to the space without a spacesuit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
"Oh, Slaine, you're marrying my half-sister, whom you've forced to dress up just like me? That's ... sweet and not at all creepy. Well, good luck to you two, but I'm off to find my dreamboat of destiny."
Actually, it will be interesting what Asseylum will do when she meets Lemrina for the first time. Asseylum doesn't even know about her sister and has never met her. Saazbaum has been hiding Lemrina on the moon from everyone her entire life. I'm wondering what Asseylum's response will be to finding out that her father had a bastard child and she now has a half-sister she never knew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchadnis View Post
this was just awesome for some of us who wondered i guess Inaho is really higher ranked then all of them , since he is higher then his sister which been in the military .. well damm it was a nice twist , this eye is a god like power , really like Odin now
My niece is about to go into the army, and she kind of explained the ranks to me. I'm guessing that the ones of the navy and air force are similar. Basically, my niece is starting out as a Private which is an enlisted rank. A Warrant Officer, which is between the enlisted and actual officer ranks, would be lower than an Ensign rank, which is equal to the Second Lieutenant rank in the army. That rank is the lowest of the officer ranks, but still higher than all the Warrant Officer ranks.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-02-14, 18:11   Link #56
Top Sergeant

Slaine and Lemuria may have bitten off more than they can chew.

Now that they have declared their succession from the Vers Empire and their marriage, the Mars forces will fraction again. Some of those knights will side with the Emperor, some with Slaine, and one or two may try and be independent, but I think the majority will side with the Emperor. Whatever happens in the long run, Earth has been given a reprieve until such time as Slaine and Lemuria can consolidate power, put down/defeat Loyalist Martians, and again direct their full attention to Earth.
Old 2015-02-14, 18:21   Link #57
endarion88

i think a possible ending will be slaine actualy marry lemuria wich will continue to act as seylum on vers eye to moderate things maibe, while the real seylum goes to live on earth disguiding herself as a normal terran with inaho and co..

well anything can still happen anyway
Old 2015-02-14, 18:21   Link #58
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
hmm... that's true
Then let's assume Asseylum would be saved by Inaho.. and they run away with that unit
Slaine would be owned easily then
I do still wonder if Inaho is really going to just win every battle without ever getting a powerful suit of his own.

As to that unit, I could see Slaine passing it onto that guy serving him. By winning that duel he did get everything that Count possessed including his unit so I suppose that would be within his authority.

Still not sure when and how the plot is going to pull Inaho and Asseylum back together. Quite the distance there.
Old 2015-02-14, 18:25   Link #59
Arya

Another exiting episode. But I have to admit the most exiting thing is that finally she is awakening!!
So, both fights were interesting even if we knew from the start about the outcome. But still each time they use Deucalion it's for the better. I want the OP scene fully animated with the Deucalion going all out!

So, things are going to be more and more interesting now that Asseylum is on her way back. On both fronts some things got a bit clarified. First of all, Yuki didn't kick the bucket. As hoped and predicted and they had a more relaxed sibling quarrel. Inko also didn't take any strange route but instead as expected went to Inaho and the argument went without saying. He did it to not involve her. Or better, both arguments. He was staring at the moon, the sole thing he can't know. Inko didn't miss it, too.
Then on Mars side something has been finally addressed, more or less. Red roses and blue roses, then Lemrina question about Slaine feelings. And finally the last blow, the marriage with the fake Asseylum. It looks like he is giving up on his feelings?

Now, just to spice up a bit all of that, is it not strange that the moment lemrina turned off one by one Asseylum's life support systems then she finally awaken? I don't think that she had been kept forcibly in that state, still we have this coincidence in the way.

In any case, I'm looking forward to our returned princess. It was really time for her to show up. All considered, if they won't pull out some lame memory loss, her actions are not so predictable, so I'm very curious.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2015-02-14, 18:27   Link #60
ChampDream
Alive

so many things happen in this episode, I like how Inaho was just giving the orders in the battle this time, also kinda feel Lemrina just got troll really hard here.