AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-07-27, 20:23   Link #41
Maryruss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollownerox
As far as I can tell from just repeatedly pausing the ending, the only thing showing up behind Inaho were birds. There looked like there could be more, but the thing goes by so quickly, and the colors make it hard to tell if something is a figure, or just a blob.
Thank you!!!
Old 2014-07-28, 00:48   Link #42
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollownerox View Post
As far as I can tell from just repeatedly pausing the ending, the only thing showing up behind Inaho were birds. There looked like there could be more, but the thing goes by so quickly, and the colors make it hard to tell if something is a figure, or just a blob.
I think it's an animated flag of Earth. It's kind of symbolic. That's why there's a circle and birds flying outside it, because it's a representation of that flag in motion. That's what he truly fights for.

In case of Slaine, he fights for the Princess. So he gets the Princess. At least is how I interpret it.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2014-07-28 at 00:58.
Old 2014-07-28, 03:03   Link #43
renuac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroz View Post
This is Slaine that we are talking about here, one whose obsession in his own quest will eventually lead to his own downfall. Ep4 already laid out a misunderstanding chasm that will no doubt play a big role later on within the ranks.
Depending on the circumstances in which he runs into Asseylum again, yeah, there is a definite possibility that she'll misunderstand why he is apparently fighting against Earth. I've already seen fanart in which the one she is pointing that gun at is Slaine
Old 2014-07-28, 03:36   Link #44
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by renuac View Post
Depending on the circumstances in which he runs into Asseylum again, yeah, there is a definite possibility that she'll misunderstand why he is apparently fighting against Earth. I've already seen fanart in which the one she is pointing that gun at is Slaine
Shippers love the star-crossed scenario and misunderstandings for drama.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-07-28, 09:55   Link #45
Irenesharda

Quote:
My thing is, even then, I can't really see how she would blame him. She knows the situation that Slaine is in and that he really doesn't have that many choices when it comes to when the Martian knights tell him to do something. Having him fight in the war is not unusual. Trillram expected him to take out those enemy pilots, so she shouldn't really be surprised if Slaine was fighting against other Terrans.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-07-28, 11:18   Link #46
Dr. Dahm
Banned

I really don't think there's much question at this point that Slaine is by far the most popular and interesting character this show has going on right now with maybe the princess a distant second. I think it helps that he emotes and we can see the gears turning in his head as he interacts with people. He's pretty much the only character whose dialogue feels completely natural and like what you'd expect to come out of someone in his position. He also has a very sympathetic situation that he's been placed into in multiple respects. I think Inaho would be seen as being in an equally sympathetic situation as well if it seemed like in comparison to Slaine (let alone anyone really) he even gave a remote damn so that the viewer did too. His conversation with Cruhteo and realizing that even he probably can't really be trusted at all (not to mention apparent regret that he hadn't cut and run earlier when he had the best chance) was probably the highlight of character interactions in this show possibly since the very first episode which also featured him interacting with the princess and Cruhteo.

Basically he's carrying the cast of this show and the human drama factor you'd expect to see in a war drama pretty much solely on his back right now and things can only get better therein the more screen time he gets. All I can say is thank god for this character lol.
Old 2014-07-28, 11:34   Link #47
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dahm View Post
I really don't think there's much question at this point that Slaine is by far the most popular and interesting character this show has going on right now with maybe the princess a distant second. I think it helps that he emotes and we can see the gears turning in his head as he interacts with people. He's pretty much the only character whose dialogue feels completely natural and like what you'd expect to come out of someone in his position. He also has a very sympathetic situation that he's been placed into in multiple respects. I think Inaho would be seen as being in an equally sympathetic situation as well if it seemed like in comparison to Slaine (let alone anyone really) he even gave a remote damn so that the viewer did too. His conversation with Cruhteo and realizing that even he probably can't really be trusted at all (not to mention apparent regret that he hadn't cut and run earlier when he had the best chance) was probably the highlight of character interactions in this show possibly since the very first episode which also featured him interacting with the princess and Cruhteo.

Basically he's carrying the cast of this show and the human drama factor you'd expect to see in a war drama pretty much solely on his back right now and things can only get better therein the more screen time he gets. All I can say is thank god for this character lol.
I agree with you in all points, except I would point out that Yuki and Marito too feel natural. Marito's hand trembling when he was fighting was a nice touch, but this isn't here or there. He feels human because the show bothers to show us his inner reasoning and a context to know why he was brought up this way and act this way. His dialogue is natural and not cheesy (so far). They utterly fail to do this with Inaho. I don't know if it's on purpose or it's just bad writing.

Old 2014-07-28, 11:38   Link #48
Dr. Dahm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I agree with you in all points, except I would point out that Yuki and Marito too feel natural. Marito's hand trembling when he was fighting was a nice touch, but this isn't here or there. He feels human because the show bothers to show us his inner reasoning. His dialogue is natural and not cheesy (so far).
Yeah despite a tendency towards exposition purposes he and Yuki have had the better scenes among the Earth side so far. It's funny because they really seem to be trying to sell Inaho and his band of merry men as the cool characters on the Earth side to pay attention to, yet it's the supporting cast who have among the least screen time that have made more of an impression for it and who I'd like to know more about at this point.
Old 2014-07-28, 18:07   Link #49
MeggieMay

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
My thing is, even then, I can't really see how she would blame him. She knows the situation that Slaine is in and that he really doesn't have that many choices when it comes to when the Martian knights tell him to do something. Having him fight in the war is not unusual. Trillram expected him to take out those enemy pilots, so she shouldn't really be surprised if Slaine was fighting against other Terrans.
However, Cruhteo is the person who supposedly assigned Slaine to teach Asseylum, so the Princess may be confused when Slaine shows up and point a gun at him, all the same. I think if nothing goes wrong Asseylum will quickly realize Slaine's on her side but the potential for misunderstanding is high here. Still, Asseylum could be point that gun at anyone, including Inohu, the maid and/or her grandfather, so we'll have to wait and see what is going on, if that scene really ever shows up in the show .
Old 2014-07-28, 22:21   Link #50
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeggieMay View Post
However, Cruhteo is the person who supposedly assigned Slaine to teach Asseylum, so the Princess may be confused when Slaine shows up and point a gun at him, all the same. I think if nothing goes wrong Asseylum will quickly realize Slaine's on her side but the potential for misunderstanding is high here. Still, Asseylum could be point that gun at anyone, including Inohu, the maid and/or her grandfather, so we'll have to wait and see what is going on, if that scene really ever shows up in the show .
I don't think Cruhteo assigned Slaine to teach Asseylum, he only thanked him for trying to dissuade her from coming to Earth. He actually didn't seem too keen on them spending time together other than that. If Slaine was assigned as Asseylum's tutor, I think that would have come from someone higher up than Cruhteo. The education of the royal family is usually a royal matter. Also, Slaine and Asseylum have known each other for 5 years prior and she knew his father. She should know Slaine better than that.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-08-02, 10:34   Link #51
Key Board
Carbon

wrong thread
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell

Last edited by Key Board; 2014-08-02 at 10:49.
Old 2014-08-02, 15:41   Link #52
BPD Renegade

So after episode 5, it looks like the reason why Slaine's presence is tolerated may be due to his father. So far, the worst we've seen happen to him is a few whacks from Cruhteo's cane. And although he may be monitored now, it doesn't look like Saazbaum has a huge target painted on his back. Makes me wonder what about Dr. Troyard's role in this.
Old 2014-08-02, 15:43   Link #53
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
So after episode 5, it looks like the reason why Slaine's presence is tolerated may be due to his father. So far, the worst we've seen happen to him is a few whacks from Cruhteo's cane. And although he may be monitored now, it doesn't look like Saazbaum has a huge target painted on his back. Makes me wonder what about Dr. Troyard's role in this.
It certainly captured my interest more than Inaho soloing random grunt. I wonder if it's related to Aldnoah Light activated by Ray's bloodline - if it's real or not. Perhaps Troyard's research completely dispels this lie?

Old 2014-08-02, 16:14   Link #54
BPD Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
It certainly captured my interest more than Inaho soloing random grunt. I wonder if it's related to Aldnoah Light activated by Ray's bloodline - if it's real or not. Perhaps Troyard's research completely dispels this lie?
No clue, but it had to have been something big for him to suddenly betray the UFE.

Speaking of the bloodline, if this is ancient tech, why would it just happen to activate for Ray's in particular? Or is this a case of finders-keepers? (Should probably ask this in speculation instead of here...)
Old 2014-08-03, 09:24   Link #55
Galaxian

Slaine's design reminds me of Studio Ghibli for some reason.

Also, I'm guessing Dr. Troyard (Slain's father? grandfather?) was the one who blew up the moon.
Old 2014-08-03, 12:00   Link #56
dark44

i dont find him intersting at all why he stay with the marthian even when they treat him like shit he should have defected long ago or when he know the death of the Princess or he know that they stronger and he want to save his life
Old 2014-08-03, 13:13   Link #57
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Slaine's design reminds me of Studio Ghibli for some reason.

Also, I'm guessing Dr. Troyard (Slain's father? grandfather?) was the one who blew up the moon.
That happened 15 years ago. Dr. Troyard joined the Martians 5 years ago.

Last edited by Thess; 2014-08-03 at 13:30.
Old 2014-08-13, 12:28   Link #58
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I have to admit, I accidentally read his name as Slaine Tryhard, and that really defines his character. However, his devotion to the princess is going to land him in some rough shit, and it does a lot of courage to defy his government as it means he will lose everything even if some will say he has nothing to lose. Unfortunately, his loyalty is being used against him and I don't see a happy end in sight for him.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2014-08-13, 14:19   Link #59
Thess

Not sure if I agree with you. So far, imo, He's the character set up to have positive character development. It's like the series compositor said, he'll win courage and mental strength which he didn't have in the beginning. So not really seeing what you do? Could you explain your basis outside a misreading of his surname which is non-canon? The staff keeps calling him cute and his theme song (十61yard/troyard) it's pretty unangsty, weirdly mystical. Hmm....

Old 2014-08-13, 16:13   Link #60
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I think you're reading way too hard into the first sentence which was clearly a joke about how hard he tries yet fate would have it him be beat down. I think my explaining went past the first sentence, where you know, his kindness is being exploited against him. But in the end, it would take a lot of courage and sacrifice in the following parts. As for the rest of it, I don't think that necessarily contradicts anything I said.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Closed Thread

Tags
characters