AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-12-29, 20:06   Link #5821
Vylen
Apprentice Sorcerer

Higurashi? Where?
Old 2010-12-29, 20:23   Link #5822
FalseMemorySyndrome

Wait, I probably made a mistake here. Saw "When They Cry EP1-4 and EP5-7" and read it as the dub name of Higurashi, as opposed to "When They Cry 3 EP1-4 and 4 EP5-7".

//Facepalm.
FalseMemorySyndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 07:13   Link #5823
Pablo Querte

@FalseMemorySyndrome
http://witch-hunt.com/links.html
Pablo Querte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 11:34   Link #5824
RU4 Cookie

Will Witch Hunt also be translating the Tsubasa visual novel and the fighting game? Will these be available with the game download when Witch Hunt is able to allow people to download it?
RU4 Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 11:49   Link #5825
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU4 Cookie View Post
Will Witch Hunt also be translating the Tsubasa visual novel and the fighting game? Will these be available with the game download when Witch Hunt is able to allow people to download it?
We don't know enough to comment on the fighting game yet, but we do hope to release a patch for Tsubasa at some point. At this moment, we have no idea whether either of those will be available for download sometime in the near future, but it would be great if they were.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 11:51   Link #5826
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

But once for all: please try checking few pages before posting a question.
I mean, I answer that question like 5 times within a month or so...
Old 2010-12-30, 12:55   Link #5827
Miss Mystery
The Dark Crow Smiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
But once for all: please try checking few pages before posting a question.
I mean, I answer that question like 5 times within a month or so...
Maybe you can try a FAQ section on the website, and just redirect any similar posters to there.
Old 2010-12-30, 17:57   Link #5828
TanabeTakashi

Hey WH, the other day I saw this at an spanish site... its a "sound novel" created by 2 spanish guys... the logo is almost identical to the "Umineko no Naku Koro ni" logo... the plot is very similar too... I've talked with one of the creators and he told me that they are doing that game for free... but i don't know... it seems to me like just a copy... they're even using the same music =S... what do u think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npwub...layer_embedded

P.D: Sry for my bad english xD If this isn't the correct thread, pls move my post to the correct one. Thx
Old 2010-12-30, 18:08   Link #5829
Asunaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanabeTakashi View Post
Hey WH, the other day I saw this at an spanish site... its a "sound novel" created by 2 spanish guys... the logo is almost identical to the "Umineko no Naku Koro ni" logo... the plot is very similar too... I've talked with one of the creators and he told me that they are doing that game for free... but i don't know... it seems to me like just a copy... they're even using the same music =S... what do u think?

P.D: Sry for my bad english xD If this isn't the correct thread, pls move my post to the correct one. Thx

Same music,similar logo? It sounds a lot like plagiarism.

The character art looks a lot like typical-common Deviant Art "anime/manga" art style (or something like that)

Well,at least the art style's original-ish. ^^""
Asunaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 18:11   Link #5830
Revelation
lorem ipsum dolor sit ame
*Artist

Well, it's almost like a fan game in my opinion, and I thought Ryu07 was pretty liberal with that sort of stuff. The only thing I see wrong with it is maybe using the music even though (some of) it's copyrighted.
Old 2010-12-30, 18:18   Link #5831
TanabeTakashi

I thought even the red "na" kana was copyrighted... When I saw that for the first time I was like: omg.. wth is this =/ ... I'll try to convince one of the creators to remove the music and change the logo... i just dont like that kind of plagiarism...
Old 2010-12-30, 18:26   Link #5832
CrimsonMoonMist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanabeTakashi View Post

That... can people just get away by doing things like this?
I guess they might since it's gonna be freeware? But still...
CrimsonMoonMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 18:34   Link #5833
Revelation
lorem ipsum dolor sit ame
*Artist

As long as you tell them to give credit to 07th expansion, change the logo a bit and the opening song, I don't really see anything wrong with a fan game. :/

(Actually, some of the composer's in Umineko like -45 and (I think) Dai actually have sort of a "creative commons" policy with their music. You just have to give them credit in a free game. But, composers like ZTS―pretty much copyrighted.)

(Edit) Scratch that, I don't even think you need to change the logo so long as you give credit and it's a freeware.

Last edited by Revelation; 2010-12-30 at 18:51.
Revelation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 18:37   Link #5834
TanabeTakashi

Actually i just knew of that Umineko-like SN today... I've also met one of those creators today while I was at an IRC Channel...
Old 2010-12-30, 18:39   Link #5835
moichispa
Endless witch

I have read more info about that project on their pages and I just see it as a fanmade homage of series they liked.

I have been moderator of forums for animes for a while and I have to say that there is not difference between this and the millions of fics that there are everywhere on the internet about every anime/manga or Vns all around. There are umineko fics already. There is even Renpy fan made games based on higurashi.

Yeah it may seems too similar in some aspects to umineko but isin't that the problem of fanfics authors or even original authors when they start writing? to write maybe too similar plot to the stories they liked.

I think it is stupid to complain about their work. It is just another Ren py fangame. As all that already exist.
Old 2010-12-30, 18:40   Link #5836
SonozakiUshiromiya
Reading your tale. :)

And work with the character designs a little. One of the characters is an older, big breasted Natsumi Kimiyoshi(Higurashi manga). I agree with Golden Dream, but I wish these guys could have been a bit more original. EDIT: And had tried to contact R07 about this. The fan translators run everything by him, if these guys are going to copy his work, homage or not, they should at least talk to the man.
Old 2010-12-30, 18:48   Link #5837
Sherringford

It's a fanfic. Asking them to be original is sort of missing the point. It's supposed to be as close to the original story as possible.
Sherringford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 19:02   Link #5838
TanabeTakashi

Well, i brought u that info in case u have anything to say... it's not as i'm a hater or anything like that... and, yes, i agree with SonozakiUshiromiya... if they're going to do a fanfic game, they should at least talk to the man...
Old 2010-12-30, 19:07   Link #5839
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Since when have fanfic authors ever run anything by the original author?
Old 2010-12-30, 19:16   Link #5840
Judoh
Mystery buff

Did you check their forums? They seriously have a character named "Sonozaki Rena" in their game. I don't think the point was to be original. It's an homage with a bunch of random memes and tropes.

Nah guys leave them alone. It's just a silly fanfic parody. They're not hurting anybody with it because it's free. And I don't think it's meant to be taken seriously. They're just kids trying to have some fun.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation