AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2023-05-18, 12:20   Link #561
marvelB

It's that time of the month! Dragona and Paco manage to free themselves from the cat's trap with their own stands, but now they have a new challenge to face: Rohan! Interestingly, the mangaka hints that there's something dangerous about the diamond they've been struggling to steal. In fact, it seems to be moving by itself....?!

Hm, quite the situation, indeed. Does the diamond have its own power? Perhaps it's somehow related to all those other rocks Rohan's been collecting? And what the heck is the deal with that cat? So many questions this early in the story, already....

Oh, and of course this version of Rohan still has Heaven's Door. It's pretty hard to imagine him with any different power, heh.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-18, 17:58   Link #562
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So the diamond is special, after all. But where does the cat fit into all this? So many mysteries.

The Hustle allows Paco to control his body in ways that would normally be impossible but its ability is pretty vague, to me at least.
Old 2023-05-18, 20:00   Link #563
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Araki is not holding back, a crazy diamond by fourth chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The Hustle allows Paco to control his body in ways that would normally be impossible but its ability is pretty vague, to me at least.
It basically own muscle manipulation.
The limit is clear, it just we barely knew if Paco previously an athletic person capable to pull what he did in this chapter; only mentioned he's not into thinking compare to the rest of the gang.
Old 2023-05-19, 16:28   Link #564
WingedAccelerator

Things are picking up, unlike that "crazy diamond".

Stone Free cat is still there, and Jodio should also join in the fray. The escalating chaos will be delicious.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-18, 11:44   Link #565
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Daga Kotowaru!

So its not the diamond that will made a person filthy rich, but the lava rock ... while the diamond cannot be stolen?
Rohan warned Jodio not to talk about it to anyone; I guess it have similar properties to Rokakaka which Tohru believed can easily elevated Rock Human status if he managed to sell it as elixir.

Araki writing really leveled up, it felt like reading modern manga compare to his past works.
Old 2023-06-18, 18:14   Link #566
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I did not expect Jodio to subdue Rohan this easily. His strength and intelligence earned him the mangaka's respect.

As expected, the lava rocks are special, but the diamond still seems to be as well.
Old 2023-06-19, 17:46   Link #567
marvelB

Man, wished I caught the chapter sooner, but I was preoccupied at the time, lol. Anyway, cool stuff! Really impressed with how Jodio managed to outsmart Rohan in the end. And yes, it certainly comes to no surprise that the lava rocks turned out to be more valuable than the diamond... though I think it's interesting how the mangaka made it clear that he wasn't giving the rock to Jodio... he's simply leaving it in his care. I'm still guessing those things are related to the origins of the rock humans....

Anyway, the gang may have escaped Rohan, but not the cats! How will they deal with these felines?!
Old 2023-06-20, 06:21   Link #568
WingedAccelerator

Araki nicely picked up the pacing, and concluded the first arc or mini-arc.

Guess that flasforward narration referred to the incoming chase, and not Rohan fucking them up, since Jodio solved the issue.

Wonder what the importance of the items would be, and what rising to the top would mean in this case? Another crime organization hierarchy?
Old 2023-07-18, 11:17   Link #569
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

It does feels like "What if Stone Free is an enemy".

Old 2023-07-18, 16:13   Link #570
WingedAccelerator

String or wire Stands are a bitch to deal with. They have a good track record.

But at the same time, if the gang can't even deal with this easily, then they are fodder outside of Jodio, and I guess Usagi. I'm already struggling to see Dragona and Paco becoming remotely useful against offensive abilities in general.

Speaking of Usagi, sincerely doubt he betrayed the gang this early. This must be the work of... Sorry, this must be a fakeout.
Old 2023-07-18, 16:58   Link #571
marvelB

Wow, so the lava rock is basically a literal money magnet! Rohan wasn't kidding when he said it would make Jodio rich....

Anyway, dang, those cats' stands are pretty frightening. I also find it interesting that this one ability is apparently shared between multiple users. I think the only similar case of that we've seen is Foo Fighters, right? A hivemind of plankton? So could these kitties also have a shared consciousness, then....?
Old 2023-07-18, 17:51   Link #572
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Wow, so the lava rock is basically a literal money magnet! Rohan wasn't kidding when he said it would make Jodio rich....

Anyway, dang, those cats' stands are pretty frightening. I also find it interesting that this one ability is apparently shared between multiple users. I think the only similar case of that we've seen is Foo Fighters, right? A hivemind of plankton? So could these kitties also have a shared consciousness, then....?
Wasn't it strongly hinted the cats themselves are a stand? They don't look like normal cats.
Old 2023-07-18, 20:32   Link #573
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Wasn't it strongly hinted the cats themselves are a stand? They don't look like normal cats.
Jodio confirmed the wires is the Stand while others suspected the wires is shared ability due to difference of treatment (Jodio only hanged but Dragona and Paco).

It will be a tough fight all the way. As Winged said, combat power and special ability of this team are relatively harmless. Probably the lowest combat value among all Jojo team.

Old 2023-07-20, 07:32   Link #574
Sixth
Hu Tao

Do you think that the "cat" was the principal's stand?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-20, 09:33   Link #575
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Do you think that the "cat" was the principal's stand?
It one of possibilities given the principal is this universe Polpo.

If modus operandi is no different, then she's waiting until she can confirm Rohan have the Lava Rock and attack the gang because they ended up knew about the Lava Rock instead of fooled by the diamond.

Meanwhile some people outside theorized the cat is new universe Jolyne.

Old 2023-08-18, 15:31   Link #576
marvelB

Next chapter's out! Jodio manages to take down one of the cats, but it only drives the other two berserk.... until the gang gets rescued by none other than Usagi! Using his wits, he manages to capture the felines and save everyone from suffering a gruesome death! And ironically, the key to the cats' defeat was the very thing they were most likely chasing after in the first place: The lava rock....!!!!

Hmm, since the cats were captured instead of killed, I wonder if there's a chance that they'll join the main gang? Hell, their stand would be dead useful for future heists/battles....
Old 2023-08-18, 18:21   Link #577
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It looks like they're cats after all, but it's odd all three cats have the same stand. But I guess it's not completely unheard of with Jotaro and Dio sharing the exact same stand ability.
Old 2023-08-19, 12:27   Link #578
Zolton

Are Araki's scribbles too complex to follow or am I just dumb
Half of the time I couldn't understand what was happening, who got hurt by the strings and what everybody was trying to do
Zolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-19, 18:20   Link #579
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zolton View Post
Half of the time I couldn't understand what was happening, who got hurt by the strings and what everybody was trying to do
It was definitely messier than usual. Like, I have no idea what Paco did with The Hustle. It's such a shit tier power by the way, I doubt he will live very long.
Old 2023-08-19, 18:57   Link #580
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zolton View Post
I was sort of hesitant of saying it, but yeah I agree. This is my first time following Jojo through the manga and this entire encounter was just so messy.

Tags
action, adventure