Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-11-23, 17:40   Link #5681
gordol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksun128 View Post

Slightly Larger Image ^_^
Thank God they chose the best action part of the novel!
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 19:29   Link #5682
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Wow, this is oddly awesome. Thanks for the images, guys. I wish the Epyon vs Epyon one was bigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susyia View Post
Duo? is it canon? Kathy Po and relena are ok but duo i think it's cannon
I'm not sure what you mean..? In any case, the Duo pic is of the old Duo, not Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
Hilde lives!?!?!? Why haven't they gone to her for the PPP thing!??!? Wait, she's a doctor now? Not only is she a pioneer in NanoTech, a benefactor of an orphanage, and "mother" (maybe) of her teenage love's kid, but she also has a medical background? That woman had a lot of time on her hands. GO HILDE!
Don't forget she used to be a soldier, a scrapyard owner and a librarian, too. Cripes, her CV must be really impressive. o_O

--

Also, I finally sat down and googlefish'd chapter 29. As usual, take all of the following with a huge grain of salt. I have to say though... Even though Sumizawa apologized for the drop in quality... The chapter is actually pretty good in my opinion. Aside from some small parts.

We start off with Mars weeping. That is googlefish'd FT for "it is snowing on Mars." I'm guessing from the Quatrine fanboying that the first part of the chapter is from Mille's point of view (lol that love triangle is proving useful in the weirdest ways). The pilots must face Babel and are not only outnumbered, as Babel has another 250 Virgos in store, but are also at a disadvantage concerning the environment. Because of the snow? No idea. Oh and they're nearly out of ammo, too. But that's no wonder since Trowa is in charge.

With Quatre remarking that this is shaping up to be their Martian Battle of Gettysburg, the plan they hatch is to infiltrate Babel to minimize the amount of enemies they have to fight at once (?) and to find the ZERO system control unit to destroy it. Mille wonders how many of their group will survive such an operation and I think, as Google is highly unintelligible here, he ponders whether later generations will laugh at them for not running away. Just then Duo Jr. says something along the lines of "I'll stick it out. I won't run away because it's troublesome, but because running away would be troublesome." Mille smiles at this and nods his agreement.

Meanwhile, Heero is zipping around in Snow White. Apparently he tries to pull a Zechs, meaning he wants to attack Babel alone. Yes, that means he didn't turn evil, he's just a jerk wanting to solo things. Note that Zechs has been in a coma for that stunt for a week. Also note that Zechs was after all upset/humiliated that his creepy bro-in-law used his name and identity.

Now, I'm a little stumped on how Relena ended up in Babel, but she is there and Heero wants to get in, so how does he go about that? By blasting the place of course. Stella Noventa, the niece of Sylvia, soon pops up on a screen and goes "Stop your attack, Heero Yuy. Relena Peacecraft is in this fortress!" Yes folks, it's exactly like EW, though I hope Stella doesn't have a mustache and a silly hat.
Long story short, she asks Heero to surrender to which he agrees. And then Mr. Badass adds "Now release Relena. Otherwise, I'll let you all go to hell ." I don't know if this is his actual line, but googlefish sure nailed it.
Idiot Stella, who obviously hasn't watched EW, goes "What do you mean?" and Heero proceeds to scare the crap out of her by explaining his choice of words. Skipping ahead, Heero ends communications and "surrenders" by turning off Snow White's thrusters and plopping into a lake/sea, conveniently located below him, which should remind all of you of another scene from EW. But EPIC PLOT TWIST: he gets out of the suit (underwater?) and sneaks into Babel. Don't ask me how he does that. Even Sumizawa is conveniently cutting off the paragraph here.

While all of this is going on, Relena is sitting in a VIP room in Babel with no windows, looking at a portrait of Vingt and derping around à la "This guy looks familiar. But I don't remember ever speaking to him... Still, I'm pretty sure I saw him recently. But the memory feels more distant..."
Good grief, woman! Was the stupid helmet too tight or how does one end up forget the most basic events from flashback TV? Even the most mindless people remember him from "Squee! Little Heero holding a toy Leo!"

Anyway, Stella pops up to report to Relena about Heero, Relena starts to feel sorry about him because he must burden his conscience with killings again and since this novel is sorely lacking the presence of one Dorothy Catalonia, Stella gives Relena a hologram projector or something before she leaves, so that Relena can have a chat with her old buddy.

Back to the pilots, Wu Fei is still duking it out with Epyon after almost an hour, which is declared as all kinds of awesome, and Mille and the others get ready to attack Babel. Mille wonders what Quatre's Space Heart has to say, but the guy is silent.
Eh, don't let it bother you, kid. Judging by last time, chances are it would be the Fibonacci numbers or something.

Jumping again to Heero, he is now inside Babel. Apparently, he took out a hovercraft patrol of Babel, put on a soldier's uniform and pretended to have forgotten the entrance codes, which of course were given to him by grossly incompetent and/or daft personnel. No cabbages though.
So far Heero went unnoticed in Babel, but after accessing a computer terminal and finding out that Wu fei is still busy with Epyon, he decides to help his old comrade out. He starts feeding holo!Zechs' ZERO system false data to increase its computation time and create an opening for Wu Fei.

This action alarms the folks in Babel to his presence though and things get really busy. Heero manages to locate the room Relena is being held in and blasts and shoots his way through the attacking guards, all the while asking himself "Why do I fight?" and "Whom do I fight?" and "Who are the people who shaped me?" with Aoi, Odin, J, girl with puppy and Relena flashing before his eyes. I think he says then that it doesn't matter, since this is the destiny he has chosen for himself. And I'm like "Then why bring it up at all?" Also, what happened to "I don't want to kill anymore"? Anyhow.

Relena is chatting it up with holo!Dorothy, while Mille is getting buster rifle'd by a... 15 year-old Vingt Kushrenada? Wait, what?
Okay, I'm not sure what's going on, but both Google and Systran say it's a youth piloting Black WarGreymon Wing Zero. What, was Vingt shoved into a freezer, too? This novel.

Back to Relena (yes, this chapter is incredibly erratic), Heero finally reaches her looking like a bloody mess, but Stella threatens that she'll kill Relena if he moves another muscle.
The rest I don't need to summarize since Deacon already translated it. But for the sake of completion: Relena ends up shooting Heero. What a turn of events, aye?

According to gordol's post, next chapter will have old Duo popping up to carry Heero out of Babel piggyback style and Hilde treating him (?), as well as a flashback (sorry guys, I know I jinxed it) of politician!Heero Yuy making his political debut.

(The other part is about the VAs totally forgetting that they did Blind Target and only Mr. Ishino dimly remembering a recording. )

Last edited by IkuzeMinna; 2013-12-21 at 09:20. Reason: wrong word. derp.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 21:33   Link #5683
gordol
Banned

Will Wu Fei ever defeat Holo Zechs? LOL

Gotta love Wing's unit toughness and ace pilots
Old 2013-11-25, 09:38   Link #5684
blacksun128

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
Wow, this is oddly awesome. Thanks for the images, guys. I wish the Epyon vs Epyon one was bigger.
blacksun128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-25, 14:24   Link #5685
Eeni

I don't think that Relena or the others (with the exception of Une) would have known who Vangt was... Unless I'm forgetting something and he was some sort of known celebrate at his tender age. And let's face it, Vangt so far was an interesting idea, though he really didn't do much. But most importantly, he wasn't a carbon copy of one of the already existing characters.

And when did Zechs get his ass kicked so badly? I remember him entering the fray, but not exiting.

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-25, 14:38   Link #5686
FalsePrime

God I need Epyon White in my life. I Remember telling myself I would never get something piloted by Wufei (it didn't hurt that I didn't care for Shenlong or Altron), and yet EW (this is sad, but typing that was the first time it struck me that Epyon White is in fact EW as well) is the thing I want most from this novel to get an official release.

Some WTF moments, but overall like the majority of the Mars Era stuff, this was an interesting chapter with some good moments.

God damn Sumizawa and his flash backs. The Babel stuff might be fucking amazing, but you could really build on it, why do you need to self detonate your own pacing man?
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-25, 14:43   Link #5687
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksun128 View Post

Slightly Larger Image ^_^
Holy hell some actual mecha images from this story....bout time. Not bad too. Virgo IV looks gorgeous.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-25, 14:44   Link #5688
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Meh. Virgo IV just looks like the Virgo II. Not like Katoki broke a sweat trying to design that thing...
Old 2013-11-25, 14:48   Link #5689
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Bah, I'm just glad we just got some mecha art work. Loooooooong over do for this story,
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-25, 14:51   Link #5690
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Meh. Virgo IV just looks like the Virgo II. Not like Katoki broke a sweat trying to design that thing...
This saddened me greatly. Worst part is I really do think that Virgo II was the worst Grunt out of the entire Wing set, so having Virgo IV being based on it was a double punch to the gut.
Old 2013-11-25, 19:50   Link #5691
gordol
Banned

So what do you guys thinks is the current main MS of the Eart Sphere army in the MC?

Serpents?
Old 2013-11-26, 14:49   Link #5692
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

blacksun, you just gained an eternal friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
I don't think that Relena or the others (with the exception of Une) would have known who Vangt was... Unless I'm forgetting something and he was some sort of known celebrate at his tender age.
I don't know about the celebrity part but if Relena recognizes him even faintly, it must mean she knows him from flashback TV. And it's really not that hard to pay attention to a TV program now is it?

Quote:
And when did Zechs get his ass kicked so badly? I remember him entering the fray, but not exiting.
Quite a while ago, actually. He was the one who first reported Babel was attacking. Due to his injuries, Mille has been piloting the Tallgeese during the entire Babel battle. Zechs has been in a coma ever since.

Quote:
I believe the phrase "X looks (exactly) like Y" has never been used as often as in discussions concerning FT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
So what do you guys thinks is the current main MS of the Earth Sphere army in the MC?

Serpents?
Uh, none? I always believed there was a no MS policy in the Earth Sphere (at least EW claimed that). And Dorothy said they need to end the disputes on Mars quickly, before the military industry "recovers".
One could argue Preventer has MSs but aside from the Tallgeese and Epyon Bai, they doesn't seem to be using any. Kathy and the others would have been piloting something if they did, wouldn't they? Then again, Preventers on Mars don't seem to be doing much aside from scratching their butts in general if the current civil war there is any indication, so who knows. There might be a bunch of Taurus IIs in some basement.
Old 2013-11-26, 18:37   Link #5693
gordol
Banned

FT album:

http://imgur.com/a/VZrMl

GOL album:

Altron will have the tail cannon and wings in GOL! Fuck yeah, even more awesome now

http://imgur.com/a/7Rt8o
Old 2013-11-26, 18:45   Link #5694
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

We've known that for a while, haven't we? We saw it'd have the wings and tail in earlier imagery.
Old 2013-11-26, 18:50   Link #5695
gordol
Banned

Quote:
We've known that for a while, haven't we? We saw it'd have the wings and tail in earlier imagery.
That was just a FT volume cover
Old 2013-11-26, 19:15   Link #5696
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

ROFL I totally mistook Heero Yuy for Ralph Kurt there. Derp.

Also, I just noticed that Heero is the only pilot whose "adult form" we've seen so far. Heh.

Thanks for the pics and links, gordol.
Old 2013-11-26, 19:56   Link #5697
gordol
Banned

Is anyone hoping for a FT gunpla in 2014? Kinda full year with BF, UC and Origin starting in October...

I'd rather get a FT anime in late 2015 alongside the gunpla
Old 2013-11-26, 20:08   Link #5698
Knight_SV

so deathscythe hell and altron will debut in december
hmmmm deathscythe hell got nothing new
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-26, 21:53   Link #5699
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
*snort* This chapter is golden. I'll skip the AC-150 part and just to the MC stuff. Updating in a bit...
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 01:21   Link #5700
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
Is anyone hoping for a FT gunpla in 2014? Kinda full year with BF, UC and Origin starting in October...

I'd rather get a FT anime in late 2015 alongside the gunpla
I don't expect any Wing Gunpla in 2014, maybe they will squeeze in a Leo using the Leo Frame, but that is the only thing I see happening.

As far as 2015 goes, I honestly don't expect anything to be animated. I think the best Wing fans will ever get is stuff from Gundam Build Fighters. When it comes to Gunpla, I do think we will get some, but I think it will be based on Endless Waltz stuff and not Frozen Teardrop.

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing