AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-11-02, 10:14   Link #5221
TommyG

Rizevim was stronger than gods, it says in Zero that if he took part in the war they could have beaten the gods of the other factions.
TommyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-02, 11:13   Link #5222
Blazor 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietthai96 View Post
Super Devil is Devil who have power rival Gods, Rizevim not in top 10 but he is still being considered as a Super Devil, your claim is a false assumption
And yet Diehauser who is Maou class defeated gods in the tournament. Is he a Super Devil to?
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-02, 13:17   Link #5223
bashkim1234

Rias Balor form was above maou level, but still below god level.
A super devil is a devil who reached god level in terms or power. it is true, that Dielhauser defeated several god class beings, but we donīt know what kind of god class. Low class god or middle god class or high god class.
bashkim1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-02, 14:15   Link #5224
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

Plus he defeated them in a Rating Game so it might not require him to actually beat them rather he could just win the objective instead unless it is an elimination game or dice figure.
Darksider555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-02, 17:10   Link #5225
Parry999

It's a possibility for top maou class beings to mutate now and Diehauser a monster among maou classes.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-02, 20:43   Link #5226
B214

I still think there's a misconception about maou class being below god class. When you have a group of people in that class and one is stronger than the other that means there's a range. If there's a range it means both god and maou are around the same level.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-02, 21:53   Link #5227
Parry999

I agree. Ten characters
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-02, 22:55   Link #5228
Lucidrago

Yeah seems like there's a bit of an overlap as B214 says there is.

Ishibumi is not very specific on the whole god-class thing. For example, I think it's safe to say that Apollo and Sun Wukong are exceptional among gods. And yet all we know about them is that they're god-class(well I'm not sure about Sun Wukong).

And we have no idea what draws the line between Maou-class and being a Super Devil.

So Maou-class beings are probably god-class in a sense. Ishibumi kinds of just throw the terms around and expect us to know what they mean.

And with the few Maou-class beings there are and the few gods that have been introduced it becomes hard to judge.

So I don't think we can accurately contrast Maou-class and god-class.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-02, 23:57   Link #5229
sbh1fr

This whole classes comparison is confusing.
First, i think we should only describe classes based on the character race. Specially when no rank allocated, so when you read god class, it probaby only refer to actual gods
So dont say a devil is god class. It doesnt make sense. A devil can be low, middle,high, ultimate, maou, transcendent(super) thats it.
A dragon can be regular dragon class, dragon king, heavenly dragon, dragon god.
For grimrippers we have lower, middle, upper and ultimate.
Dunno if we can use the ranks for gods as they each seem to have their specialties. But we can diferenciate between regular god and chief god ranks. But anyway regular gods should be stronger than the average devils (lets say those from low and middle and maybe high class devils) since their divine/holy aura should be poisonous/lethal to average devils.
Like b214 said there are lot of overlapping between these ranks/races in term of power.
About super or transcendent devils, i think it refers to devils who surpassed whats commonly accepted as limit of devils. Probably the original maous should be the reference. If a devil's power is judged to surpass the power of original Lucifer or other maous than they can be called a super devil (or super devil candidate at least).

Last edited by sbh1fr; 2018-11-03 at 00:33.
sbh1fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-03, 04:43   Link #5230
Lucidrago

But what if Grayfia, Serafall, Falbium, and Diehauser are still.Maou-class yet stronger than the original Maou?
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-03, 07:27   Link #5231
sbh1fr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
But what if Grayfia, Serafall, Falbium, and Diehauser are still.Maou-class yet stronger than the original Maou?
That doesnt make sense, if they are maou class it means they still on the level or weaker than originals.
if we consider hypothesis i gave to be true.
It would be something like a "definition".
Being super devil = surpass original maou in power.
This is my own definition of "super devil", im not saying it is what ishibumi means by it, but i think it is since wheb they mention superdevils in the novels they usually compare their power to the original maou.

Last edited by sbh1fr; 2018-11-03 at 11:22.
Old 2018-11-03, 07:47   Link #5232
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

IIRC Super Devils are Devils with power who greatly exceed Maou Class so I think while Above Maou Class is stronger than Maou Class it should be possible for Maou Class to reach Above Maou Class with a right amount of training.
Old 2018-11-03, 09:22   Link #5233
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

The Class things is about the pure raw power. Fighting experience, tactical skills, special abilites, hax. etc is a bunch of different things. Diehauser wining over a God-class with tactical skills doesn't mean his raw power is on par with them. The whole thing about Top 10, God-class, Maou-class, Heavenly Dragon-class, etc is about power scaling.
Old 2018-11-03, 12:42   Link #5234
Blazor 98

Diehauser beating God class from volume 25:

```Well, since Diehauser’s true strength alone is undoubted, even if God-class beings were to get close, he could deal with them properly. As expected, Diehauser’s specialty, [Worthless] is strong….inviolable even. If the enemy was an unskillful God-class being, their power would be crushed by [Worthless].```
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-03, 13:12   Link #5235
bashkim1234

There must be a different between maou and god class. Ise CxC is maou class and Vali EJGD is god class. If there were the same class of power, why would the author make the difference ?
Even Rivzem could keep up with Ise in his DxD when he awakened in volume 20 .
Old 2018-11-03, 13:33   Link #5236
XFire
150% done

Maou is below God. The exact amount is ambiguous but there is a power gap there.

That said, the power gap doesnt appear as substantial as we first thought, since Indra (who appears to be the strongest God outside Shiva) is equal to four Maou-class individuals. Given the large number of gods, and the relative rarity of combat focused ones, a Maou being able to fight a God to some degree is not out of the question.
Old 2018-11-03, 13:43   Link #5237
TommyG

Indra being worth 4 maou might have changed since it was said. Chichigami was only suppose to be in volume 7 and yet their now going to be an important part of EX. It could be that Indra is going to be more powerful than first said because his role in the story has become more significant.
TommyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-03, 13:45   Link #5238
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyG View Post
Indra being worth 4 maou might have changed since it was said. Chichigami was only suppose to be in volume 7 and yet their now going to be an important part of EX. It could be that Indra is going to be more powerful than first said because his role in the story has become more significant.
I mean, he could be. Vidar surpassed a Top Ten by drawing on another source, so I doubt Indra couldn't pull of something similar. But the point was that the only direct comparison between the two classes means the gap isnt some insurmountable abyss.
Old 2018-11-03, 15:05   Link #5239
bashkim1234

How strong will Ise be when he regained his true DXD mode again ? I mean he has all the requirements to do it.
Old 2018-11-03, 15:12   Link #5240
sbh1fr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashkim1234 View Post
How strong will Ise be when he regained his true DXD mode again ? I mean he has all the requirements to do it.
Probably on the level of true dragon god