AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2004-12-13, 19:11   Link #501
Ebichuman
Ebichu Transform!

From what I've heard college finals are consuming the time of the guys over at Lunar fansubs. Also, ANBUs lead translator retired and theyre trying to find a replacement. I think those were the leading Bleach subbers, dont know whats happening with any of the others
Old 2004-12-13, 19:56   Link #502
OMchan
オムちゃん

BLEACH airs every Tuesday evening, every week (unless stated otherwise).

I personally am not really affected by this "drought" because I read the manga and watch the RAWs... so it's all good for me. :P

Kimi ni Todoke
OMchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 20:39   Link #503
seiftis
~defying fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebichuman
Nah, to make it DBZ long they'd have to make filler. I don't want to watch Ichigo and a hollow stare at each other or make constipated noises for 70% of the episode, lol
lol

Bleach ep.10 is already at vol.4 manga, that's already fast IMO. *hopes it's not as looooong as DBZ*
Old 2004-12-13, 23:22   Link #504
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Well, I have to wait till thursday until I can buy vol. 3 - 5 of Bleach. My exam schedule is killing me. Since I study at borders I get so tempted to go over to the manga section to check 'em out. Ah, it's killing me I tell you!

Anyway, 10 episodes and they've already covered 4 volumes? Man, that's going a bit too fast. I still dunno how many volumes are out there in total but I believe the mangaka is nowhere near close to the end of the story yet. Should we start expecting pointless fillers, recaps, and prolonged battle constipations in future episodes? We've already got plenty of those in Naruto. Although given the right direction, I believe they can still make the filler episodes enjoyable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
Rukia in Interesting to say the least, and clearly a difficult character to portray properly. Also thought she was a guy [well, more stick figure with big head ] on the first go, until she started drawing those funny pictures . But as it goes along, we see this extra militant tomboy put on many masks and sometimes lets us hava a peek at the turmoil underneath.

Still think she's a rather wierd entity with a hard, thorny exterior and an acid tongue, then she shows us she's also a girl who wants to cry sometimes.

Methinks all the Bleach girls are strong [even extra large Orihime ], just that the series is infested by tomboys that the more feminine ones get overshadowed ...
A agree with you that all the Bleach girls are strong girls. Even the seemingly gullible looking Orihime has that confidence in her. In fact, I think I like all the female characters of this show.
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 23:32   Link #505
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsquat
A agree with you that all the Bleach girls are strong girls. Even the seemingly gullible looking Orihime has that confidence in her. In fact, I think I like all the female characters of this show.
This is why I love Kubotite and I love Bleach. Females are strong and sometimes even stronger when the occassion comes.

Hee, and if you're up to date with the manga - Chapter 160...you'll see more female powerhouses.

On one note, I haven't seen the latest 3 episodes. Must - catch - up.
Bronwen Stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 13:39   Link #506
AxE_EfFeCt

NOTE FOR FANSUBBERS:
After u read this, please dont come to kill me, I am just joking :P

OMG its Tuesday already and last weeks episode isnt here yet . This is dangerous, many bleachers like me might die of starvation. . If I die I'll become a hollow and haunt all of u.
AxE_EfFeCt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 14:16   Link #507
STfan
Homicidal Kitty.

Location: In Arcueid's arms, getting my blood drained by the neck. Or at least I wish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxE_EfFeCt
NOTE FOR FANSUBBERS:
After u read this, please dont come to kill me, I am just joking :P

OMG its Tuesday already and last weeks episode isnt here yet . This is dangerous, many bleachers like me might die of starvation. . If I die I'll become a hollow and haunt all of u.
Too late. Their killer drones already have their motion tracking monitors, X-ray lenses, and infrared trackers locked on you, and are on their way there. If you have any last words to say, now would be the time before you are never heard from again.

If Bleach turns into DBZ material, I am so going to feel betrayed and violated.
STfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 17:39   Link #508
hooliganj
Team Player

Hey, I thought the first 10-13 episodes of Dragonball were pretty good, too, so you never know, it might happen.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 01:34   Link #509
seiftis
~defying fate

Looks like Lunar's ep. 10 is out....

*still waiting for a-keep's*
Old 2004-12-15, 02:16   Link #510
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by STfan
If Bleach turns into DBZ material, I am so going to feel betrayed and violated.
Can you be more specific in DBZ materials? 'Cause besides 15 episodes in DBZ before they actually fight and try to kill each other and 30 more episodes later to actually get the plot going...oh and the insanity of unlimited weld of powers...that was what bothered me most about DBZ.

You can relax...hee, although at some point it might borderline but seriously there is A LOT of conspiracies constipating in Bleach (especially in the latest arc), it's never going to stop amusing you. That or people usually hyperventilate when they figure out or speculate who killed who.

Finally watch episode 9...I really hope Kubotite is working closely with the anime, because it does seem like he is and he's filling up plot holes in the manga and making the anime really run smoothly. Although I'm still disappointed about the lack of lesbian innuendo in episode 7 I think?
Bronwen Stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 05:28   Link #511
WristBandMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiftis
Looks like Lunar's ep. 10 is out....

*still waiting for a-keep's*
any reason of preference?
just curious~~
WristBandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 05:49   Link #512
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by WristBandMan
any reason of preference?
just curious~~
I assume that it is because A-Keep's translation is more specific.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 10:18   Link #513
seiftis
~defying fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
I assume that it is because A-Keep's translation is more specific.
That, and Lunar used "Ground Fisher" and "Bwahahaha" instead of "Grand Fisher" and "Bohahaha". I know that's pretty much a silly reason.
Plus, 'Soul reaper' sounds a bit cooler than 'Death god'.
Old 2004-12-15, 11:13   Link #514
WristBandMan

yeah i agree soul reaper sounds better, although i think death (shini) god (gami (kami) ) is more accurate... or if you prefer, more literal.
WristBandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 12:15   Link #515
klath

omg, ep 10 is so funny....

BWAHAHHAHA BOHAHAA

Laughed everytime they did that.
klath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 14:17   Link #516
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwen Stx
Finally watch episode 9...I really hope Kubotite is working closely with the anime, because it does seem like he is and he's filling up plot holes in the manga and making the anime really run smoothly. Although I'm still disappointed about the lack of lesbian innuendo in episode 7 I think?
Episode 6. I read vol. 3 and 4 at borders while taking a fricken' long break from my studies.

Being a big fan of shoujo ai, I was a little dissapointed. I noticed that in the anime, a couple of distinct characteristics are missing too from the other characters.
Spoiler:

Still the anime does fill up some plot holes in the manga. It's just too bad that they decided to leave the yuri part out. Chizuru would have been so much more attractive as a character...to me at least.

Last edited by Bullsquat; 2004-12-15 at 17:14.
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 15:08   Link #517
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Episode 10 reminded me of one person....

Buggy the Clown.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 17:29   Link #518
Xinil
Blargh

Send a message via ICQ to Xinil Send a message via AIM to Xinil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy
Episode 10 reminded me of one person....

Buggy the Clown.
ROFLMAO. Now that you mention it, I can totally see that. :-D

Episode 10 really sucked it up in my opinion. Extremely boring episode and the "Bwhahaha" thing annoyed the hell out of me (I'm glad Ichigo was pissed at it too).

*wishes Lunar would make a better op/ed karaoke w/ effects*
Xinil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 18:02   Link #519
rorosama

try making your own op/ed karaoke with "special effects" I'm sure that'll make u happy.
rorosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 18:21   Link #520
STfan
Homicidal Kitty.

Location: In Arcueid's arms, getting my blood drained by the neck. Or at least I wish.
That episode did not suck.

It was filler, but it was good filler.
STfan is offline   Reply With Quote