Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2022-09-28, 12:52   Link #501
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
To be fair, the Xavier in MoM is an Alternate-Xavier who lived in a stupid world of "green means stop" and the smartest man in that world acted like a total idiot .
Stupid how, exactly?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-28, 13:08   Link #502
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Stupid how, exactly?
Stupid as in creatively-bankrupt on the part of the writer. Like seriously? An alternative world where you inversed the traffic light, made the pizza into a ball (like something an elementary kid would come up with) and have Reed Richards (among others) acting like a fool in front of Wanda?
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Yeah, this version of Illuminati deserved to be wiped out.
Old 2022-09-28, 16:24   Link #503
GDB

Quote:
made the pizza into a ball (like something an elementary kid would come up with)
To be fair, I've had pizza balls before. Well, it was a manjū/pork bun but with pizza sauce and cheese inside instead of the normal stuff, so basically the same thing.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-03, 09:44   Link #504
kiak666

Full reveal of the new Black Panther suit:

kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-03, 18:44   Link #505
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

As expected, Shuri is the new Black Panther. Comic book fans seem happy Namor has his ankle wings but I think it looks super silly in live action. Seeing a grown man flying around with his tiny little wings flapping super fast had me in stitches.
Old 2022-10-13, 11:45   Link #506
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was not expecting the She-Hulk finale to go in that direction.

Spoiler for She-Hulk final episode:
Old 2022-10-13, 11:48   Link #507
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Then I may watch that episode. I kinda didn't want to after last week.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-13, 17:56   Link #508
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Then I may watch that episode. I kinda didn't want to after last week.
Oh, it's definitely worth watching. Especially since it's not very long, which is the main reason I stuck with this series to the end, and I'm glad I did.
Old 2022-10-14, 02:02   Link #509
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Ugh. Finally finished the season. Disney+ She-Hulk is a pain to follow with no characters that I care even an ounce.

Serious characters are turned into jokes and the comedy in the show is not funny (and I'm a veteran of Ally McBeal). I heard the screenwriters admitted that they have no clue about legal procedures. Then why the hell did they make a show with "Attorney at Law" in the title??! Again, Ally McBeal ran circles around She-Hulk in terms of comedy & legal writing. And that show was from 1997 for god's sake.

And cartoon She-Hulk from the 90s also ran circles around this iteration in terms of being fun & less of a whiner. Also, her CG in most instances was just downright bad.

And the 4th wall breaking last episode even further justified how lackluster the writing for the show has been. What's more baffling is the fact that the so-called "fixing" by She-Hulk herself is not much better from the "messy finale" where everything just suddenly ended with all the villains already in the process of getting arrested??! What!!! How is this much better than the Hulk-rumble ending if most of the storylines (one of them involving her blood) are just dropped suddenly? This is pretty much the writers giving up on making a good finale, but instead of announcing it themselves, they made a meta episode about it. Pathetic
Old 2022-10-14, 16:05   Link #510
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
And the 4th wall breaking last episode even further justified how lackluster the writing for the show has been. What's more baffling is the fact that the so-called "fixing" by She-Hulk herself is not much better from the "messy finale" where everything just suddenly ended with all the villains already in the process of getting arrested??! What!!! How is this much better than the Hulk-rumble ending if most of the storylines (one of them involving her blood) are just dropped suddenly? This is pretty much the writers giving up on making a good finale, but instead of announcing it themselves, they made a meta episode about it. Pathetic
The ending a lot of sense if you are familiar with the She-Hulk comics and know that she's been doing the type of stuff she does here well before Deadpool came in existence.
Old 2022-10-14, 16:28   Link #511
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
The ending a lot of sense if you are familiar with the She-Hulk comics and know that she's been doing the type of stuff she does here well before Deadpool came in existence.
I'm complaining because I'm already familiar with She-Hulk. I knew her before this D+ show was even conceived.

The 4th wall breaking is not the main problem. It's the "fixing" that she did during the 4th wall breaking that didn't save the ending or the show in general. It's pretty much the writers saying "yeah, we made a shitty show and we admit it via this meta episode but we won't fix it, k'bye". What a huge waste of time 🙄.
Old 2022-10-14, 18:25   Link #512
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I found it funny because they pretty much admitted they made a shitty show. And as someone who didn't like the majority of the show, that made me feel vindicated.

Didn't care about the blood plotline being retconed out of existence (as she said, it was overused and stupid) or Daredevil literally dropping out of the sky just so he could be smashed some more by Jen.

I'll say this though: they better keep She-Hulk far, far away from Daredevil Born Again. I know it won't be the same as the Netflix version (hint: the title) but they better strive to make it as close to it as possible. Because it was really great.
Old 2022-10-14, 19:16   Link #513
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

*sigh* I miss the fun She-Hulk.....

YouTube
Old 2022-10-24, 21:09   Link #514
saya_leviathan

The first Phase Five movie of the Multiverse Saga.
YouTube
saya_leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-14, 11:39   Link #515
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Saw Wakanda Forever. I'll pass on all the things that didn't make sense, because whatever, it's a Marvel action flick, but the action itself, while plentiful, was kinda meh. Lots of explosions and stuff, but nothing really gripping.

Oh, and I didn't care for the post-credit reveal, either.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-14, 15:45   Link #516
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Saw Wakanda Forever. I'll pass on all the things that didn't make sense, because whatever, it's a Marvel action flick, but the action itself, while plentiful, was kinda meh. Lots of explosions and stuff, but nothing really gripping.

Oh, and I didn't care for the post-credit reveal, either.
Agreed. Once you apply even a little bit of logic & common sense, the narrative in this movie crumbles. I mean, the first BP already had bad logic but this one took it even further.

The action is not really blood-pumping. I'm just amused watching Namor zipping around with his funny ankle-wings and some water-pressure grenades in slo-mo. The rest are just discount-Avatar people, Dora Milaje squad hitting people with their spears, Riri Williams wearing her garage-sale Iron-suit & Shuri being a physically unconvincing Black Panther so far. And Wakanda's defense system in this movie is a joke.

At least the BGM music is still good.
Old 2023-04-27, 10:09   Link #517
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Antonio Banderas is allegedly in talks to play Galactus...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-10, 18:10   Link #518
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Loki's second season was a bit boring, but the incredible (series?) finale more than made up for it. I felt a lot of time was wasted in earlier episode, but it was all necessary for Loki to reach that point. They made him such a compelling and sympathetic character.
Old 2023-11-11, 03:03   Link #519
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

If they lose Jonathan Majors due to his ongoing legal issues, the current MCU phase will be riding on Tom Hiddleston.

Never thought that day could be a possibility. And its all because Hulk took the stairs.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-12, 18:22   Link #520
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

If you haven't watched Echo yet... then don't. The show is terrible and adds nothing to the MCU. All you need to know going forward is that Kingpin survived the end of Hawkeye (duh).

The OST is fantastic though. That's the one good thing I have to say about it.

Also watched What if season 2 a couple weeks back and I liked it for the most part. Then the last episode came. I hate what they did to Strange Supreme, and it's a little too obvious the writers are in love with their original character donut steal Captain Carter.

Tags
marvel cinematic universe