AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

Old 2013-10-07, 23:54   Link #501
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Yeah, we'll have to wait a few episodes then. Gurren Lagann really picked up steam here around maybe episode 4.
Old 2013-10-07, 23:55   Link #502
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Early theory, if it already hasn't been speculated:

Spoiler:
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 00:03   Link #503
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Yeah, we'll have to wait a few episodes then. Gurren Lagann really picked up steam here around maybe episode 4.
Episode 8 for me.

Kill la Kill has a better chance than Little Witch Academia, certainly though. I saw some people claiming that in other areas, but I don't agree that it can be some major boom for them in that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
Early theory, if it already hasn't been speculated:

Spoiler:
I was actually thinking the same thing. But where does the need for blood come? Will that eventually be her major draw back? we didn't see her back in normal-form, so I guess we can't say if it makes her exhausted or anything.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 05:10   Link #504
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZabiLegacy View Post
If this series becomes a big hit, do you see Trigger becoming a big enough name in the anime industry to rival the reverence Gainax once commanded?
Why not? Many people at this point consider Gainax a joke anyway. Without all the talent that went out of it, they didn't do anything worthy anymore - only Medaka Box which I hear was rather bad. If the guys felt like they were good enough on their own to found a studio... well, they may be taking risks, but they must be most definitely calculated ones. And they'll have to put everything into this one anime. If it hits, I'm pretty sure they will basically replace Gainax in many hearts. After all, it's the people, not the name, that makes the studio.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 07:28   Link #505
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Episode 8 for me.

Kill la Kill has a better chance than Little Witch Academia, certainly though. I saw some people claiming that in other areas, but I don't agree that it can be some major boom for them in that way.

I was actually thinking the same thing. But where does the need for blood come? Will that eventually be her major draw back? we didn't see her back in normal-form, so I guess we can't say if it makes her exhausted or anything.
Calling it now: Suit is the REAL bad guy
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 10:19   Link #506
Hamster

So are the female villains gonna get stripped naked too when they're beaten?
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 11:27   Link #507
~ Motoko Chan ~
The Ecchi Princess

Send a message via Yahoo to ~ Motoko Chan ~
Haven't watched the first episode yet but just chiming in here to say "Hello!" and that I've REALLY been looking forward to Kill la Kill. Was re-watching TTGL recently and getting all excited all over again for more from Imaishi-san and co.

Now to find some free time from this pesky thing called college to watch the freakin' show!
Old 2013-10-08, 13:25   Link #508
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
So are the female villains gonna get stripped naked too when they're beaten?
It would be a crime if they didn't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
Calling it now: Suit is the REAL bad guy
You think so? Might be as far-fetched as that, but his voice really says otherwise.
Old 2013-10-08, 13:50   Link #509
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
Why not? Many people at this point consider Gainax a joke anyway. Without all the talent that went out of it, they didn't do anything worthy anymore - only Medaka Box which I hear was rather bad. If the guys felt like they were good enough on their own to found a studio... well, they may be taking risks, but they must be most definitely calculated ones. And they'll have to put everything into this one anime. If it hits, I'm pretty sure they will basically replace Gainax in many hearts. After all, it's the people, not the name, that makes the studio.
I said "once commanded". Gainax is currently a dreg, but at it's heights it was the bona fide leader of the anime industry. I am not wondering if it can surpass current Gainax, but I am wondering if it will slowly fade into decline, or if it will reach some of the peaks Gainax once commanded.
Old 2013-10-08, 13:55   Link #510
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Was this posted?

Spoiler for uniform molestation:

Quote:
Hello! This is Tatsuru from studio TRIGGER once again!
How did everyone enjoy the first episode of KILL la KILL?
I sure did, I'm even confident that I enjoyed it more than you guys!
The action scenes were firm, the characters cute....

Especially the main character, Ryuko!
She appears to be a rowdy tomboy-ish character, but....

Yes, she is blushing like no other when she is harrased by Senketsu!
I just simply love these kind of gaps! (laughs)
Spoiler for break dat uniform:

Quote:
Alright, a little bit more serious here. I don't want you guys to think I'm just a perv now. Since Higuchi was talking about the Showa period anime, I would like to introduce a frame with the "Harmony" process applied.
The screen capture posted above is an example of a "Harmony"
Sadly, I wont go into details since it is out of my expertise, but it is a frame that is colored and completed by the background artist. It is a style of process that was popular in the older anime series. Some of you older folks might find these cut a bit nostaligic.
That'll be it for this week! Don't miss out on the next episode of KILL la KILL since it only gets better with every episode!
Old 2013-10-08, 14:17   Link #511
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage

Do you know who drew those?
Old 2013-10-08, 14:26   Link #512
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Nope. I wish danbooru listed the exact artist. I can only assume it was one of the animation directors? or sushio.
Old 2013-10-08, 14:28   Link #513
~ Motoko Chan ~
The Ecchi Princess

Send a message via Yahoo to ~ Motoko Chan ~
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Was this posted?

Spoiler for uniform molestation:

Spoiler for break dat uniform:
Love those drawings but especially that second one!
Old 2013-10-08, 16:26   Link #514
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
If this series becomes a big hit, do you see Trigger becoming a big enough name in the anime industry to rival the reverence Gainax once commanded?
I personally hope so. Shows have been looking way too similar lately (Shaft aside) with almost everyone moving to a small set of styles that seem to be safe bets. Triggers stuff so far has been completely outside of that with an aesthetic that can only be compared to old school Gainax craziness and that's a good thing to have back in this industry. I for one hope that Kill la Kill works out and triggers* a bit of a run to get more visually distinct stuff out.

* pun 100% intended
Old 2013-10-08, 17:31   Link #515
All American Autor

Thanks for the sig and avatar guys.

I personally love how Ryuko just chomps down on a lemon at the beginning like it was nothing. And that voice of hers just enthralls me.

Sig credit to liro
All American Autor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 17:36   Link #516
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Shows have been looking way too similar lately (Shaft aside) with almost everyone moving to a small set of styles that seem to be safe bets.
"Lately"? That's more like the history of anime
Unfortunately for every show that is truly special there are always 50 that are mediocre crap. But such are the tastes of the people that watch anime.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 17:53   Link #517
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
"Lately"? That's more like the history of anime
Unfortunately for every show that is truly special there are always 50 that are mediocre crap. But such are the tastes of the people that watch anime.
The fall of studios like Gainax and Gonzo have struck quite a large blow to variety these last few years but that's just my opinion and probably something that would be better discussed on a different thread. :-)
Old 2013-10-08, 18:32   Link #518
neshru

The fall of Gainax? Trigger is Gainax
And I think Gonzo has always been a D-level studio, both in the past and now. I don't think anyone really cares what goes on with them...
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 18:44   Link #519
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage

I'll agree with that idea. Losing Gainax was a truly horrible thing for the anime industry, since they kept the entire industry challenged. Without many major experimental large studios, the industry had a bit of decline. The presence of trigger is very encouraging.

As for whether Trigger is Gainax? To say they have nothing to do with them, would be silly, but are they Gainax reincarnated? No, not really they are their own thing. Also, the EVA team broke off and formed their own studio awhile back.
Old 2013-10-08, 18:45   Link #520
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
I'll agree with that idea. Losing Gainax was a truly horrible thing for the anime industry, since they kept the entire industry challenged. Without many major experimental large studios, the industry had a bit of decline. The presence of trigger is very encouraging.

As for whether Trigger is Gainax? To say they have nothing to do with them, would be silly, but are they Gainax reincarnated? No, not really they are their own thing. Also, the EVA team broke off and formed their own studio awhile back.
They have there own liberty to do things this way. I doubt they very much want to be Gainax reincarnated.

Tags
action, aniplex, comedy, fanservice, high school, imaishi, trigger