AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-03-30, 04:25   Link #481
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Yeah Wiki was the only source i saw this. and after seeing the TVtome i have to agree with you. Well i am glad its continuing. I just hope in the future they dont make it like second inuyasha in terms of scheduling .

P.S. The voice actor of Gash changes from episode 141 of Gash bell. It sucks.
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-30, 11:56   Link #482
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648
One question from the native speakers ^^
Spoiler for May contain last episode spoilers:
Spoiler:

149-150 was horrible. It was so bad that after I saw 149, I was like "I don't care what happens in 150, it already sucks." (The ending did not fit the show at all.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Whoa! Let me catch up here. You're saying that the final episode of Gash Bell has aired in Japan? What was the episode number?

I heard that the ratings were really good for this show. Was it cancelled because that changed? Or was it cancelled because it caught up to the manga?
Ended at 150 with currently 2 movies and 2 ovas.

The ratings were good for it. There are tons of rumors flying around as to why it was cancelled. One is that the Gash Bell merchandizing had jumped the ship and that it was no longer profitable ccg wise and therefore Toei was replacing it with the merchandising power house Digimon. Another rumor (Which is basically disproved) is that because Ohtani (VA for Gash, Chopper, Pikachu) was pregnant and Raiku was injured, they decided to stop the show until the manga got farther ahead because Ohtani had a comment to the effect of "I look forward to returning". (Think I spelled her name wrong.) The thing is that the move toward cancelling it was made just before Raiku got injured from what I can tell (or he may have been injured and it might not have been public yet.) There are signs in episode 138 or so that they were going to change the story. Toei did consult with Raiku during 140+ so the spells and some of the story match the manga. Really, nobody knows why. Toei did end it after the current arc in the manga so that they really cannot do anything until the arc is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Ah. Unfortunately wikipedia is not proof of anything unless they quote a source. Anyone can just post stuff on that site without proof. If anyone actually has a source that says someone involved in the industry actually says this somewhere, then it would be helpful.

Edit: A bit of research reveals that TV.Com says episode 53 is scheduled to be aired on 4/22, so wikipedia is probably wrong. TV.Com is a rather reliable site for things like TV scheduling.
There was an interview with the CN VP back during the whole bleach licensing thing who said that Gash Bell had been renewed so thats definitely wrong. (Someone should just remove that "CN only has 52" from the wiki.)
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-30, 18:15   Link #483
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab
Spoiler:

149-150 was horrible. It was so bad that after I saw 149, I was like "I don't care what happens in 150, it already sucks." (The ending did not fit the show at all.)

Ended at 150 with currently 2 movies and 2 ovas.

The ratings were good for it. There are tons of rumors flying around as to why it was cancelled. One is that the Gash Bell merchandizing had jumped the ship and that it was no longer profitable ccg wise and therefore Toei was replacing it with the merchandising power house Digimon. Another rumor (Which is basically disproved) is that because Ohtani (VA for Gash, Chopper, Pikachu) was pregnant and Raiku was injured, they decided to stop the show until the manga got farther ahead because Ohtani had a comment to the effect of "I look forward to returning". (Think I spelled her name wrong.) The thing is that the move toward cancelling it was made just before Raiku got injured from what I can tell (or he may have been injured and it might not have been public yet.) There are signs in episode 138 or so that they were going to change the story. Toei did consult with Raiku during 140+ so the spells and some of the story match the manga. Really, nobody knows why. Toei did end it after the current arc in the manga so that they really cannot do anything until the arc is over.

There was an interview with the CN VP back during the whole bleach licensing thing who said that Gash Bell had been renewed so thats definitely wrong. (Someone should just remove that "CN only has 52" from the wiki.)
Ah i see. Recently some of the better anime are having the same kind of fate as this one. Well i was really depressed also when they decided to end the MSN show at 26. it was stated in ANN and anidb that it was going to be 52 episodes in the begining. In my opinion they could atleast do another 30~50 episodes and i hope they do an OVA in future. At least something ti explain who were Gash's parrents or something about the demon world and its previous leader.

Also about Zeon and Gash, would u also know why Zeon hated Gash so much?. My guess is that he eaither hated him because he was weak and
Spoiler for Regarding Gash and Zeon relationship:
or it might have been that he was just jelouse of Gash.
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-30, 21:46   Link #484
bayoab

Quote:
Also about Zeon and Gash, would u also know why Zeon hated Gash so much?. My guess is that he eaither hated him because he was weak and
Spoiler for Regarding Gash and Zeon relationship:
or it might have been that he was just jelouse of Gash.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-21, 15:49   Link #485
narutiie

o my freaking god!
i had no idea that it ended already! and only at 150!!waaahhhh!!!!!!Y_Y!!
and it never explained any of the things about gash's parent and stuff. did gash ever become the demon king. how could this happen o___O!
makoto raiku should have made 1000 demons though not 100 because he had to keep making thing besides demons to defeat like thos demons from 1000 years ago and stuff. but he should have at least wrapped. there were so many unanswered questions
narutiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 15:58   Link #486
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by narutiie
o my freaking god!
i had no idea that it ended already! and only at 150!!waaahhhh!!!!!!Y_Y!!
and it never explained any of the things about gash's parent and stuff. did gash ever become the demon king. how could this happen o___O!
makoto raiku should have made 1000 demons though not 100 because he had to keep making thing besides demons to defeat like thos demons from 1000 years ago and stuff. but he should have at least wrapped. there were so many unanswered questions
Go read the manga. The anime diverged from the manga about 120 or so and they just made up a sorta patchwork ending from actual story parts.
Old 2006-09-05, 08:46   Link #487
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I just rewatched the first episode. I never realized Kiyomaru was only 14 years old. Kinda shocking, I always tought he was older and might hook up with Megumi. ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-16, 20:40   Link #488
shaselai

Did megumi and kyomaro get closer in the manga?
shaselai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-16, 21:39   Link #489
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaselai
Did megumi and kyomaro get closer in the manga?
No. Just no.
Old 2006-09-17, 11:06   Link #490
shaselai

Quote:
No. Just no.

o... well better not be Suzume...
Old 2006-09-17, 12:13   Link #491
bayoab

Quote:
o... well better not be Suzume...
Kiyomaro gets "closer" to nobody. Suzume tries get his attention though.
Old 2006-09-18, 11:53   Link #492
shaselai

The manga is pretty good... i think not even 50 of the 100 mamodo's been introduced yet in the manga? I could be wrong but it seems Gash bell is going to last a long time.... Anyone know?
Old 2006-09-18, 12:52   Link #493
bayoab

Quote:
The manga is pretty good... i think not even 50 of the 100 mamodo's been introduced yet in the manga? I could be wrong but it seems Gash bell is going to last a long time.... Anyone know?
There is only room for 7 more demons in the manga max. There are 19 active and 7 possible unfilled spots at the current point in the manga.
Old 2006-09-19, 10:26   Link #494
shaselai

Quote:
There is only room for 7 more demons in the manga max. There are 19 active and 7 possible unfilled spots at the current point in the manga.

Really? from wikipedia under characters there are 64 partner mamodos listed- even the ones that appeared momentarilly (Furigaro and Gerhart killed by Brago in like 2 minutes for example). It does seem to be updated to the latest manga events somewhat. Can you list the other ones not on the list?
Old 2006-09-19, 11:49   Link #495
bayoab

Quote:
Really? from wikipedia under characters there are 64 partner mamodos listed- even the ones that appeared momentarilly (Furigaro and Gerhart killed by Brago in like 2 minutes for example). It does seem to be updated to the latest manga events somewhat. Can you list the other ones not on the list?
There are at least 10 there which are not in the manga in that list and at least around 30 of the demons in the manga were just silently killed.
Old 2006-09-19, 13:56   Link #496
shaselai

Quote:
There are at least 10 there which are not in the manga in that list and at least around 30 of the demons in the manga were just silently killed.
what you mean silently killed? like some demon say "i have killed 4 so far" and those 4 never made any "screen time"? The wiki seemed to cover some mamodos with "unknown" masters who from description seems to be of the "silent killed" category... but since you seems to know more than me about zatch bell. I only seen the anime and havent had time to read the manga yet
Old 2006-09-19, 15:42   Link #497
bayoab

Quote:
what you mean silently killed? like some demon say "i have killed 4 so far" and those 4 never made any "screen time"?
Yes, either "I have eliminated X" without ever showing them or "There are X remaining in the tournament".
Old 2006-09-29, 04:56   Link #498
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

ah the way you guys talking about the events in manga, it makes me want to learn IRC and actually get them . But any ways the anime is going really good as well. They are already at episode 77. Total Brago and Sheryy pwnage .
Old 2006-10-01, 18:13   Link #499
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
But any ways the anime is going really good as well. They are already at episode 77. Total Brago and Sheryy pwnage .
That arc is so good. ^^ I never expected this show would make me cry, but it did. When Patty and Gash reconcile, it was so beautiful, I just cannot help myself, my tears just won't stop falling. >_<;;
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 12:53   Link #500
piratelink

can anyone tell me what song was played in episode 22? in the fight bit.. thanks ^_^
piratelink is offline   Reply With Quote