AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2015-08-01, 23:30   Link #4821
The Green One

Love it or Hate it or anything in between, it cannot be denied that the movie was successful.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-02, 03:30   Link #4822
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Love it or Hate it or anything in between, it cannot be denied that the movie was successful.
gotta agree with this
after all, this is the ONLY Naruto movie that actually made me feel moved and emotional
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-03, 13:49   Link #4823
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

I enjoyed it. It was a good movie despite some of the obvious flaws, but I can look past that. The last 40 minutes were pretty exciting (classic Naruto!) and I teared up near the end for self-explanatory reasons. Hinata & Naruto are really cute.

Looking forward to Boruto/Naruto Movie.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-03, 19:33   Link #4824
monster

I finally watched it and I think it would've been better if it was strictly a romantic movie. Still, I enjoyed it for what it is.

As far as Naruto finally realizing Hinata's feelings for him, I think that memory vision was a neat plot device, considering the kind of person Naruto is.

I also appreciated how the movie addresses Naruto's crush on Sakura. Regardless of whether or not anybody accepted that explanation, I think it at least is plausible.

I guess the only thing I may not be sure of is the development of Naruto's own feelings toward Hinata. Had he actually loved her all along and only realized after seeing her memories and getting over his crush on Sakura that he loves her in a different way than he loves ramen or did he decide right then and there to respond to her feelings after seeing her memories?

I think the part where he admitted his love toward Hinata at the ramen shop in the vision might point toward the former explanation. But considering the kind of person Naruto is, I think the latter explanation would also be believable.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-05, 22:42   Link #4825
Wandering Soul

I enjoyed it. The scarf theme might have been overused a bit but it was a very heartwarming movie. The fight between Naruto and Toneri was cool and the ending + epilogue invoked a lot of feels.
Old 2015-08-06, 01:43   Link #4826
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Finally watched it.

Except for all the NaruxHina romance and seeing the old-new faces, I don’t really dig the plot of the movie and how underused Naruto’s power is just to give the audience some slick Kung-Fu animation of Naruto fighting goons for considerable amount of time (which is a cheap thrill at this point in the story). The movie made Sasuke looked awesome in his 1-minute appearance, but it continuously downgraded Naruto’s abilities and only released it for the “bombastic” climactic fight *facepalm*. I’m glad the movie has a little bit of Hamura in it though. I’ve always wondered what happened to him after sealing his mom with his Sage-bro.

Also, Kurama looks ugly almost throughout the entire movie (except for his “baby” form seen in a glimpse )

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I also appreciated how the movie addresses Naruto's crush on Sakura. Regardless of whether or not anybody accepted that explanation, I think it at least is plausible.
The explanation is an obvious retcon if you ask me (it’s still nice). But since Kishimoto did many other retcons in his own manga that he wrote himself, this "romantic-retcon" fits the rest of the story like a glove and shouldn’t be difficult to accept as part of the manga-anime canon. Overall, I kinda like the movie (but almost 50-50), unlike Inheritors of the Will of Fire-movie which is extremely cheesy to the point of stupidity which I hate with a passion. So yeah, I have no problem accepting The Last as canon.
Old 2015-08-06, 06:41   Link #4827
Ushio the Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post

The explanation is an obvious retcon if you ask me (it’s still nice). But since Kishimoto did many other retcons in his own manga that he wrote himself, this "romantic-retcon" fits the rest of the story like a glove and shouldn’t be difficult to accept as part of the manga-anime canon. Overall, I kinda like the movie (but almost 50-50), unlike Inheritors of the Will of Fire-movie which is extremely cheesy to the point of stupidity which I hate with a passion. So yeah, I have no problem accepting The Last as canon.
Kishimoto didn't write 'The Last' that was Kyozuka Maruo, Kishimoto provided the story concept which could have been anything from a one sentence summary to a couple of pages.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 07:05   Link #4828
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushio the Omega View Post
Kishimoto didn't write 'The Last' that was Kyozuka Maruo, Kishimoto provided the story concept which could have been anything from a one sentence summary to a couple of pages.
Dude, you just spctacularly misunderstood my comment .

I know Kishimoto didn’t really write The Last (never said he did). I was merely saying that the part about Naruto’s “actual” feelings to Sakura in the movie is a retcon to me (regardless of who wrote it), just like any other retcons Kishimoto made in the original manga’s story. Comprende?
Old 2015-08-06, 07:32   Link #4829
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Finally saw it.

Well all in all it was your typical Naruto Movie... Some random bad guy trying to do bad stuff... Naruto then punching him in the face. And yeah... Scarf much.

But the relationship stuff gave it FEELS... so much FEELS! *-*
I laughted so hard at Naruto going "What? they are not the same!?" when hearing Memory Sakura going on about him not knowing the difference between love for food and romantical love.
His accidantial confession turning real confession was also very cute.

Also I thought I would hate Toneri... but I didn't.
Maybe because he was just some poor sod who all his life believed he had the sacred duty to destroy an evil and corrupted world only to realise in the end that this was just some crap his ancestors came up with.
Well didn't made me like him either.
Old 2015-08-06, 09:17   Link #4830
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Not really. It always seemed rather obvious from the beginning. The times during the manga that he was being flirty with Sakura always seemed to coincide with times that his rivalry with Sasuke was most prominent. Also notice how after the time skip between part 1 and 2, without Sasuke around, Naruto tones it down significantly and any flirting with Sakura ends up more as a joke.
Old 2015-08-06, 11:21   Link #4831
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Also notice how after the time skip between part 1 and 2, without Sasuke around, Naruto tones it down significantly and any flirting with Sakura ends up more as a joke.
I think the answer to that is obvious. Naruto toned it down after the time-skip coz he failed to keep his “lifetime” promise to Sakura to bring Sasuke back. So there’s no way he can all-out flirt with Sakura when he felt that he had disappointed her so much. It doesn’t help that Sakura was still fixated on Sasuke too. So it’s pretty much understandable if things go intense only when Sasuke is around or became the topic of their conversation.

To me, it's that simple. If you see it as the opposite way, then I'll just agree to disagree instead of starting yet another long argument involving this unhealthy love-triangle .
Old 2015-08-06, 20:50   Link #4832
dmaxzero

Finally saw this movie. Even with its downsides, I found it really satisfying. This closes Naruto for me, at last, I do not need the new show or the sons story, this is the end for me and I am pretty happy with it after all this time. I enjoyed for what it was. -clap clap-
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-17, 18:00   Link #4833
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

So I finally watched it. It was weird seeing Naruto as a romantic hero but it kinda worked. It was also surprising how he confessed first after remembering a lot of things Hinata did for him.
Old 2016-01-04, 12:52   Link #4834
Minako3223

Just rewatched it yesterday, it's not that bad, the main problem is how the romance feels so rushed

Maybe it would have been more interesting if they made it into a third time skip with the romance slowly blossoming, but looks like Kishimoto just wanted over with the series soon
Minako3223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-22, 10:47   Link #4835
Galaxian

Finally watched The Last. It ok, not the worst (that's still Blood Prison) but by far not the best (for me is a tied between the first Shippuden and Road to Ninja). The Last is a very slow movie, the romance aspect is very awkward (though that's the same in the manga), but my biggest complain was the serious nerf in Naruto's power. I guess he suffered the same fate as Gohan during the Buu Saga.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-24, 11:11   Link #4836
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Finally watched The Last. It ok, not the worst (that's still Blood Prison) but by far not the best (for me is a tied between the first Shippuden and Road to Ninja). The Last is a very slow movie, the romance aspect is very awkward (though that's the same in the manga), but my biggest complain was the serious nerf in Naruto's power. I guess he suffered the same fate as Gohan during the Buu Saga.
To be fair, Naruto himself is awkward with romance since he has never felt true romantic love before. So that part actually makes sense. Also Naruto wasn't necessarily nerfed so much as Toneri was a bad matchup for him. Naruto's fighting style revolves heavily around the use of chakra so Toneri who can steal chakra from him is his natural enemy.
Old 2018-02-27, 09:13   Link #4837
colder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
To be fair, Naruto himself is awkward with romance since he has never felt true romantic love before. So that part actually makes sense. Also Naruto wasn't necessarily nerfed so much as Toneri was a bad matchup for him. Naruto's fighting style revolves heavily around the use of chakra so Toneri who can steal chakra from him is his natural enemy.
I somehow felt like the whole Narut/Hinata thing on the Last movie was forced but I love that they did try to round off the whole movie to full circle. Because we never knew how SasuSaku got together lol.
colder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-28, 17:58   Link #4838
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by colder View Post
I somehow felt like the whole Narut/Hinata thing on the Last movie was forced but I love that they did try to round off the whole movie to full circle. Because we never knew how SasuSaku got together lol.
Not really as forced as some would think. Yes there interactions are somewhat limited during the series but they were shown pretty blatantly that they were able to inspire one another far more greatly than others. Hinata was also the only person Naruto was able to bare his heart and admit his insecurities to. They might not have quantity but the quality was higher than some care to admit.
Old 2018-02-28, 20:31   Link #4839
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

In regards to the power, I chatted with a fellow user from around here. Apparently, Naruto still couldn't use the enhanced Sage Mode he earned in from the Sage of the Sixth Paths considering his appearance. Actually, I'm not sure how to distinguish Naruto's Tailed Beast Mode from Rikudo. At least, I liked the fight ended with one punch unlike previous movies.

The screenwriter Maruo Kyozuka provided some thoughts about how the romance was developed in the film.

http://honyakusha-eri.tumblr.com/pos...related_post=1

Also, on a fun fact, the whole use of scarfs was based on how Kishimoto met his wife. I guess red scarfs are meant to symbolize signs of love like the string.
Old 2018-03-11, 05:53   Link #4840
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

It was... heartwarming. Way more heartwarming than I expected it to be.

At the beginning, I doubted whether Hinata and Naruto could be together. After all, Hinata, ever the shy one, was unable to bring forward her true feelings amidst all the chaos happening in the Shinobi World, and Naruto is too busy being the hero. Even the confession in the middle of the fight against Pain lacked impact (especially since it stood out in the middle of a boss fight, lol). Fortunately, the movie IS aware of this. In a nutshell, Hinata and Naruto's romance could have ended badly if not for a certain series of events that would help steer their feelings down the right path.

Moving away from the Ootsutsuki subplot, the actual hero of the movie was Sakura. She was more aware of the feelings of Hinata and Naruto than even Hinata and Naruto ever been. Her actions would allow the two to slowly gather their thoughts and resolve their situation.

I'm considering watching the wedding special again, but I might not be able to handle watching the emotional moment between Iruka and Naruto a second time. In any case, the Boruto movie is next.

I still cannot believe that Hinata looked this beautiful.

By the way, I assume that the orb that Toneri always uses on Hinata makes her lose consciousness by sapping her chakra. Is that correct?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2018-03-11 at 06:17.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
movie