Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Wait, Mordred was also a girl?
her Appearance in Fate/Apocrypha was as a girl
Old 2013-07-16, 16:09   Link #462
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Wait, Mordred was also a girl?
In the Nasuverse Mordred was also a girl.
Old 2013-07-16, 16:20   Link #463
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

In the Nasuverse, girls are girls, boys are girls, and children are homunculi.
Old 2013-07-16, 16:27   Link #464
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Merlin was a dick and gave one to Arturia for the lolz for a short time. Morgan le Fay extracted a sample from that incident.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Merlin temporarily gave him a cock for some reason....
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
She stole Saber's sperm when she got a dick.
Arturia, the most beloved futanari in anime, light novel and gaming world .
Old 2013-07-16, 16:34   Link #465
anime fan99

so what the deal with the male Arthur in Fate/Prototype
Old 2013-07-16, 16:37   Link #466
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime fan99 View Post
so what the deal with the male Arthur in Fate/Prototype
Prototype is based on the first version of the story of Fate/Stay Night thought of by Nasu. To be more precise the Fate route when that was just the whole story. In the original version Saber was a guy and his master was a female.

The Fate/Prototype OVA was just a random teaser of what could have been.
Old 2013-07-16, 16:38   Link #467
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Nasu's original idea involved a female Master and a male Saber, that's what Saber in /prototype was based on, right?

EDIT: lol I was too late
Old 2013-07-16, 16:43   Link #468
ukulelembo
Detective

About Mordred in Fate/Apocrypha:
Quote:
Mordred was originally going to be male like the legend, but it was thought that having two male characters look feminine, the other being Rider of Black, was too much. Takashi Takeuchi calls her the crowning achievement of the culture created by TYPE-MOON.
Source: Type-Moon wikia.
Old 2013-07-16, 16:46   Link #469
anime fan99

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
Prototype is based on the first version of the story of Fate/Stay Night thought of by Nasu. To be more precise the Fate route when that was just the whole story. In the original version Saber was a guy and his master was a female.

The Fate/Prototype OVA was just a random teaser of what could have been.
This makes more sense

When he changed the master to a guy and Saber to a female he should changed Saber identity to Joan of Arc
Old 2013-07-16, 16:56   Link #470
GDB

Joan of Arc's sword was known for cleansing, not destruction. Thus, he needed a sword with more destruction: Excalibur.
Old 2013-07-16, 17:00   Link #471
chaos_alfa

Quote:
This makes more sense

When he changed the master to a guy and Saber to a female he should changed Saber identity to Joan of Arc
Joan of Arc at least appears in Fate/Apocrypha.

From what I can remember to have read one of the reason to change the genders was to better appeal to the eroge crowd.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Fate/stay_night
Kinoko Nasu first began writing 'Fate/stay night in college and had not intended it to be a game. Initially, Nasu only wrote what would become the game's Fate storyline however the game went on to have three storylines, the Fate scenario being one of them.
In his early drafts, Saber was a man, and the protagonist was a girl with glasses. This early draft was embodied in the short original video animation (OVA) Fate/Prototype, which was released with the final volume of the Carnival Phantasm OVA series. Nasu set aside the project and went on to found TYPE-MOON with artist Takashi Takeuchi.

After the success of their first visual novel Tsukihime in 2000 TYPE-MOON transitioned from a dojin soft organization to a commercial organization. Nasu and Takeuchi decided to turn the old Fate story into a visual novel as TYPE-MOON's first commercial product. In the beginning, Nasu was worried that because the main character was a girl, the story might not work as a bishōjo game. It was artist Takeuchi who suggested switching the genders of the protagonist and Saber to fit the game market.
Old 2013-07-16, 17:01   Link #472
anime fan99

Quote:
Joan of Arc's sword was known for cleansing, not destruction. Thus, he needed a sword with more destruction: Excalibur.
Arthur was known as a guy and he change that you tell me he can do that but not What a sword is known for
Old 2013-07-16, 17:16   Link #473
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Arthur was known as a guy and he change that you tell me he can do that but not What a sword is known for
...You can easily change the gender of a historical or legendary character. Changing what these characters are known for is a whole different matter. Especially in the Nasuverse which prides itself on its consistency with the legends.
Old 2013-07-16, 17:28   Link #474
anime fan99

Quote:
...You can easily change the gender of a historical or legendary character. Changing what these characters are known for is a whole different matter. Especially in the Nasuverse which prides itself on its consistency with the legends.
I'll dropped the subject before I look more stupid than I am looking now
Old 2013-07-17, 15:42   Link #475
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

So Merlin gave Saber a dick... I don’t want to know what that guy does on Friday nights.

Also changing gender isn't that easy with legendary figures. Just look at Saber here, where that kid of her came from? Also is everyone blind? They say was magic to keep an illusion that Saber wasn't a girl but even so she was really small have a very feminine voice and talk japanese.

Ok to be fair that was a joke but changing the gender here only serve one purpose: make the scene when Saber had to recharge mana before facing Berserker in Fate sexy. Why? Well think about this: A woman can't give her Servant mana that form so the Master must be male, then if the Servant was male... well you can see why that will never work. Can you see Shirou doing that with Lancer? Or Archer? The situation will be just as desperate but that will be really gay. I have nothing against Saber but her gender doesn't seem to add much to the story beyond romance and sex.
Old 2013-07-17, 16:32   Link #476
GDB

I'm guessing you haven't played the VN, since it explains it quite well. We've already stated how Mordred came to be, so if you still don't get it, just reread what has been said. As for others not knowing Arthur's gender: it was stated that when she pulled the Sword from the Stone, she stopped aging and essentially gave up her humanity. As such, it was believed that she was merely a pre-pubescent boy.

And no, she did not speak Japanese. Seriously, come on. This was not only explained in the VN, but in the Fate/Zero anime too. When a Servant is summoned, they gain knowledge necessary to the current world, including how to operate current technology and languages.

As for the gender swapping, no. Nasu was being market savvy. And Fate/Extra clearly showed that a female master can do the same thing, as Rin does it with Saber/Caster.
Old 2013-07-17, 19:13   Link #477
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Yeah, I was only half serious there. Because: I know about the language but in the flashback at the end of Fate we do hear Saber speak Japanese, so the spell even gave the other knight the ability to talk Japanese and understand it without even noticing he was speaking it? Talk about convenience. On that note, I will assume the skirt and the boobs in the armor chest give away the “pre-pubescent boy” thing. Really, not many knights went in to battle with a skirt. Even the kilt weren’t invented until the 16th century.

I did play the VN, second I don’t think they did explain those problems, and they just assume nobody will look. Also isn’t Fate/Extra not cannon or something? I don’t really know much about it aside from the fact that they change the gender of an historical figure, Nero, from a crazy roman emperor to a little girl in red. Because if that only happens there and not in FSN then doesn’t count.

Now, in all seriousness, those ideas I point there are just because I find them silly, I don’t really think they need an explanation just an opinion.
Old 2013-07-17, 19:17   Link #478
anime fan99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
So Merlin gave Saber a dick... I don’t want to know what that guy does on Friday nights.

Also changing gender isn't that easy with legendary figures. Just look at Saber here, where that kid of her came from? Also is everyone blind? They say was magic to keep an illusion that Saber wasn't a girl but even so she was really small have a very feminine voice and talk japanese.

Ok to be fair that was a joke but changing the gender here only serve one purpose: make the scene when Saber had to recharge mana before facing Berserker in Fate sexy. Why? Well think about this: A woman can't give her Servant mana that form so the Master must be male, then if the Servant was male... well you can see why that will never work. Can you see shirou doing that with Lancer? Or Archer? The situation will be just as desperate but that will be really gay. I have nothing against Saber but her gender doesn't seem to add much to the story beyond romance and sex.
I can not decide shirou doing that with Archer will means he doing himself makes it more wrong or less wrong
Old 2013-07-17, 19:22   Link #479
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
Yeah, I was only half serious there. Because: I know about the language but in the flashback at the end of Fate we do hear Saber speak Japanese, so the spell even gave the other knight the ability to talk Japanese and understand it without even noticing he was speaking it? Talk about convenience.
Stop. Just stop. That's clearly just because they aren't going to hire British actors or hope they don't butcher the language for one tiny scene. Seriously.

Quote:
On that note, I will assume the skirt and the boobs in the armor chest give away the “pre-pubescent boy” thing. Really, not many knights went in to battle with a skirt.
All of the knights there either wore the "skirt", which is more of a robe (you know... royalty) or full leg armor. All of the knights seemed to wear that chest plate.

Quote:
I did play the VN, second I don’t think they did explain those problems, and they just assume nobody will look.
No, they did. You just either weren't paying attention or forgot.

Quote:
Also isn’t Fate/Extra not cannon or something? I don’t really know much about it aside from the fact that they change the gender of an historical figure, Nero, from a crazy roman emperor to a little girl in red. Because if that only happens there and not in FSN then doesn’t count.
Fate/Extra is still written by Nasu, and follows the laws of his universe.
Old 2013-07-18, 10:35   Link #480
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Stop. Just stop. That's clearly just because they aren't going to hire British actors or hope they don't butcher the language for one tiny scene. Seriously.
Wouldn't have helped anyway. Saber spoke either Ancient Latin or Brythonic, both of which are dead languages that I'm not sure we even know how to speak (at least perfectly). She most certainly did not speak English (which is descended from the language of the Saxons), and if they had her doing so that would have been a far worse failure than just having her speak the native language of the country the show is made for, as practically every film and TV show ever does.
Closed Thread