AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-12-07, 06:21   Link #461
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

knowing milking master square enix, they will definitely make alternate ending with Aerith as DLC
Old 2015-12-07, 06:26   Link #462
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Hybrid battle system confirmed? Great!
Old 2015-12-07, 06:28   Link #463
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'd rather have multiple releases of a properly remastered game over single gutted and bastardized release. Give me a proper remake, even if I have to get it over multiple releases, over a Xenogears Disc 2 issue.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-07, 08:24   Link #464
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastarforcex View Post
knowing milking master square enix, they will definitely make alternate ending with Aerith as DLC
Except that title is shared by Ubisoft and Activision.

Atleast Square puts effort. Get off their ass about it already.
Old 2015-12-07, 08:45   Link #465
Xacual

I feel like this is going to be an excuse to gut the Open World exploration.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-07, 09:15   Link #466
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I feel like this is going to be an excuse to gut the Open World exploration.
though it may look it but no if that was he case they would have said something along lines of removal of the world map which they didn't say (granted i wouldn't be against that some of the world map distance was unneeded padding) what hey said is the game would essentially need something along the line of multiple discs which was the original had, and people forget that VII was never truly open till you unlock he biplane boat (yeah it had a few branching pasts but is was still very linear) even then you were still limited in where you can go until you got highwind and the sub. Honestly now that they are doing this i hope that these parts end at the same points the original did that would make it a true remake then
Old 2015-12-07, 09:21   Link #467
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
By splitting the game in bits it also means we don't have to wait for eons for a game to come out. I already had enough waiting whenever a new KH was announced. I don't want another game that's going to take forever.
This is 1 of the reason I don't mind the split. Instead of 1 game maybe released much later, we could get 1 part of the game in a fraction of the time. Not to mention that doing it in this format means that they don't have to hold back and cut out the things that made ff7 such a great game originally. It means it can keep everything from the original and even expand into more.
Old 2015-12-07, 10:51   Link #468
Wandering Soul

I don't find the split too bad. They are trying to keep the all the original content and even add a few things.I just hope the pricing for each part is reasonable. I might wait until I can buy all parts ay once though.
Old 2015-12-07, 11:19   Link #469
ninjastarforcex

great job square enix

Old 2015-12-07, 11:41   Link #470
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
-there will be some stuff that has to be cut, but there will be lots of stuff added. overall volume will be big
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Nomura: If we tried to stuff the whole game into one release, some part of the game would have to appear as digests. We'd have to remove some contents from the game, and it would be difficult to add more to the game. Considering that a full remake of the original game must be achived, we have decided to split the game into episodes.
So, are they cutting some stuff or are they really going to keep everything?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-07, 11:47   Link #471
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

My guess is that they are cutting some old stuff to incorporate newer content that would mesh well.
Old 2015-12-07, 11:49   Link #472
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Probably trimming off the excesses that didn't mesh well with the game and fleshing out the rest.

At least that's what I'm hoping they're going to do.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-07, 12:05   Link #473
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

If they cut out the Open World I won't be mad. Did anyone care about FFXIII's open world? Plus we got 15 to be the open world one.
Old 2015-12-07, 12:09   Link #474
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
If they cut out the Open World I won't be mad. Did anyone care about FFXIII's open world? Plus we got 15 to be the open world one.
What open world in FF13? That one area that you barely spent any time in that you got to half way through the game? Based on that they can just cut combat out of the game since other FF games have had combat, can always play those if you want games with combat.

There is a point where enough is enough.
Old 2015-12-07, 12:30   Link #475
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

http://venturebeat.com/2015/12/07/fi...-in-house-one/

Confirmation.
Old 2015-12-07, 12:53   Link #476
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
These kinds of liberties are what make people afraid of Remakes.
Old 2015-12-07, 13:02   Link #477
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The whole episodic/cut issues were to be expected. Hell, Midgar design is huge to begin with and you can't expect a game to block areas with magical invisible walls or a chair blocking a 5 meters wide path anyway. If we add every other zones, you can expect a very huge "open" world so it would take ages to render everything, let alone transcript everything the original game had. It is best to wait for the price tag, number of iterations and the timespan for these.

My biggest worry however is still the gameplay, considering you are controlling only 1 character. Not being able to have your full party under your command sucks quite a bit to me (not fancying how dumb AI usually is for titles like Tales of), and character switch gotta be smooth when things go haywire (Weapons anyone?).
Old 2015-12-07, 13:20   Link #478
ninjastarforcex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The whole episodic/cut issues were to be expected. Hell, Midgar design is huge to begin with and you can't expect a game to block areas with magical invisible walls or a chair blocking a 5 meters wide path anyway. If we add every other zones, you can expect a very huge "open" world so it would take ages to render everything, let alone transcript everything the original game had. It is best to wait for the price tag, number of iterations and the timespan for these.

My biggest worry however is still the gameplay, considering you are controlling only 1 character. Not being able to have your full party under your command sucks quite a bit to me (not fancying how dumb AI usually is for titles like Tales of), and character switch gotta be smooth when things go haywire (Weapons anyone?).
dude, i know zestiria AI is piece of steamy pile of shit, but the other games are fine
Old 2015-12-07, 13:24   Link #479
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
All three characters in the party are supposedly controllable, it's just not required for the player to do so.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-07, 13:35   Link #480
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastarforcex View Post
dude, i know zestiria AI is piece of steamy pile of shit, but the other games are fine
Actually, playing Symphonia, Vesperia, Graces f, Xillia and Xillia 2 were enough to make me hate AI for RPG already, and that was even before I played Zestiria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
All three characters in the party are supposedly controllable, it's just not required for the player to do so.
I understand that, it is just that leaving things to AI is something not natural to me. Considering how it goes for A-RPG, the camera is mostly focused on the character controlled by the player so there is no way to tell how effective the AI actions are in some cases.

Tags
final fantasy, mako energy, rpg