AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2019-01-25, 21:29   Link #441
Wandering Soul

Season 3 had a good first half, hopefully, the second half is good too. Brion, Halo, and Forager are good additions to the cast and Cyborg seem to be fit to eventually join the team. I'm surprised that they already covered Granny Goodness's plot and know the truth about the VR headset.

They really are taking advantage of no longer being on CN, aren't they? Halo's constant deaths started to get me worrying that the creators were really enjoying coming up with ways to kill her, and they really spared no details when it came to Cyborg's body after the explosion.

One gripe I have is that I would like to see what the other teams are up to. I get that this season is called Outsiders and I do like how the show focuses on mostly one team similar to season 1, but I wouldn't mind an episode or two on the other teams.
Old 2019-07-21, 11:23   Link #442
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Can't wait to watch the Harley Quinn cartoon.
Old 2019-08-28, 14:24   Link #443
Wandering Soul

Spoiler for Young Justice Season3 second half:

Overall this season was pretty good. I'm not sure how I feel about it compared to season 1, but I liked it more than season 2.
Old 2019-08-28, 20:12   Link #444
Chosen_Hero

While I liked this second part of season 3, I have to say that I don't care much for the Outsiders group side of the story, I understand why they are there but it didn't grab me as much as The Team and the Black Ops stuff from past seasons. Still, not a bad season, although the art style and animation suffered in some parts (Superboy's eyes in episode 25 had me in tears) and it was definitely very noticeable when certain voice actors were not available.
Old 2019-11-13, 11:49   Link #445
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

This cartoon keeps getting better.
Old 2021-03-28, 19:40   Link #446
AnimeFan188

Marvel's MODOK Picks Up a Few More Big Names

"The Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing (aka MODOK) will be joined by a few
more friends and foes when the Marvel stop-motion animated series makes its way to
Hulu on May 21.

Patton Oswalt voices the titular supervillain from Marvel Comics in the adaptation and
was already set to have a slew of famous voices along for the ridiculous ride; Aimee
Garcia, Ben Schwartz, Melissa Fumero, Wendi McLendon-Covey, and Sam Richardson,
just to name a few. Well, during Comic-Con International’s WonderCon yesterday, co-
creator Jordan Blum revealed there would be a few guest stars as well."

See:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/marvels-modo...mes-1846570497

AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-25, 16:58   Link #447
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I know it's not live-action, but might as well post there.

Marvel's What If has been pretty decent. The first episode was boring because they just swapped Rogers with Carter and retreaded old ground for the most part. The second one didn't make sense but it was very fun. The third was the best so far, with a pretty solid story and a great twist on an existing character.
Old 2021-08-25, 21:11   Link #448
Chosen_Hero

- The first episode of what if is great on paper, bit I feel like the jokey and quippy tone of current MCU ruined it. I personally would have preferred if it had the same tone as the movie did.

Woth that said I did like Captain Carter using a sword and Steve as the first Iron Man in the Hydra Stomper... too bad he didn't become the Winter Soldier though.

- The second episode is fine and I liked it, but I feel like they made T'challa way too much of a gary stu for my taste. If they had toned it down a bit then it would have been so much better.

- As for episode three, now that one was definitely the best one so far, not too quippy for it's own good, good pacing, interesting reveal, and pretty much an overall great concept... Although the ending slightly ruined it for me when Fury says "Welcome back Captain" while looking at Steve's frozen shield and the camera turns around and shows Captain Marvel standing there... No, I don't accept her as "the First Avenger" or the namesake for the team, that will always be Steve Rogers to me.
Old 2021-08-26, 07:51   Link #449
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
- The second episode is fine and I liked it, but I feel like they made T'challa way too much of a gary stu for my taste. If they had toned it down a bit then it would have been so much better.
That was one of my issues with this episode, they made him into a total Gary Stu. He was so awesome he managed to talk no jutsu Thanos into giving up on killing half the universe. I didn't like how Thanos was turned into comic relief either, not to mention super nerfed. We've seen that he was a beast even without the infinity stones in Endgame, and here he gets his ass kicked relatively easily.
Old 2021-09-01, 16:54   Link #450
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Episode 4 was fantastic.

Spoiler for What If episode 4:
Old 2021-09-03, 02:07   Link #451
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Episode 4 of What If? might just be the best episode of a Disney+ show this year.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-16, 09:23   Link #452
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Even Tony Stark likes gunpla

Old 2021-09-27, 10:10   Link #453
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

What If Episode 7 was utterly fucking hilarious. It just further shows just how good Chris Hemsworth's comedic chops are.
Old 2021-09-27, 18:34   Link #454
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
What If Episode 7 was utterly fucking hilarious. It just further shows just how good Chris Hemsworth's comedic chops are.
I thought it was way too silly. I get that was the point, but that was just too much.

That ending though. How the fuck do you defeat that?
Old 2021-09-28, 02:40   Link #455
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

To me it's a good way to get fresh given the nature of the previous 3 episodes.
Old 2021-09-30, 17:09   Link #456
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So,

Spoiler for What If episode 8:
Old 2021-10-01, 07:02   Link #457
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

It's time for Uatu to stop being merely a Watcher. Hell you can even say that the reason that Ultron broke through the multiversal barriers was because he caught Uatu monologuing.

That said I kinda wish Uatu put up a better fight. The Watchers are canonically stupidly powerful multiversal entities almost on par with the cosmic beings. He should be on theory at least equal to Ultron with the Gauntlet. We're at a ridiculously high level of power creep here, maybe even beyond Kang TBH. At this point they need to start introducing the Cosmic Entities unless they plan to pull some sort of deus ex machina to defeat a villain that's practically already a multiversal entity at this point. I doubt even Strange Supreme can put up a decent fight.
Old 2021-10-01, 17:03   Link #458
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
It's time for Uatu to stop being merely a Watcher. Hell you can even say that the reason that Ultron broke through the multiversal barriers was because he caught Uatu monologuing.

That said I kinda wish Uatu put up a better fight. The Watchers are canonically stupidly powerful multiversal entities almost on par with the cosmic beings. He should be on theory at least equal to Ultron with the Gauntlet. We're at a ridiculously high level of power creep here, maybe even beyond Kang TBH. At this point they need to start introducing the Cosmic Entities unless they plan to pull some sort of deus ex machina to defeat a villain that's practically already a multiversal entity at this point. I doubt even Strange Supreme can put up a decent fight.
I'm going to laugh if they bring Captain Carter to the fight.
Old 2021-10-06, 17:00   Link #459
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Well, that was disappointing.

Spoiler for What if episode 9:
Old 2021-12-03, 21:01   Link #460
AnimeFan188

Two Disney Legends Are Tackling an Animated DC Movie

"It’s not every day that two of the most famous directors in animation history jump
into the world of comic books, but that’s about to happen. Directors Ron Clements and
John Musker, who made films you may have heard of like Aladdin, The Little Mermaid,
and Moana, are looking to make an animated movie based on the DC series Metal Men.

The Hollywood Reporter broke the news and add the pair has teamed up with writer
Celeste Ballard (Space Jam: A New Legacy) on the project. Clements and Musker
wrote a treatment and are looking to direct but there’s no word if this would be Warner
Bros. theatrical or for HBO Max.

Now, obviously, Metal Men isn’t one of DC’s premiere titles but the concept certainly
has some real potential and has been brought back to life over the years. Created in
the early 1960s by Robert Kanigher and Ross Andru, the story followed a brilliant
scientist who created six intelligent robots (who, despite the title, were not all men)
bestowed with powers centered on the specific metal they were made of: gold, iron,
lead, tin, mercury, and platinum. Tones shifted with the characters and there’s no word
on what Clements, Musker, and Ballard have planned, but one would imagine, if you
look at the director’s previous works, a family-friendly adventure with heart and humor
seems likely."

See:

https://gizmodo.com/two-disney-legen...vie-1848159172
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote