AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Re:Zero

Notices

Old 2021-01-23, 00:07   Link #421
Frontier

I keep thinking about how we had it established Echidna apparently knows how to make clones, hence all the Ryuzu's, so maybe Emilia is a Satella clone?
Old 2021-01-23, 15:17   Link #422
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Really, these last 3 episodes have been amazing. Well worth the wait

Looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

IIRC, Emilia had previously called herself "Frozen Witch" during the second OVA, right?

As for Echidna's comment...who knows? She could be either telling the truth or saying it out of spite because of her hatred for Satella and anyone who looks like her.
More specifically that's what the human villagers who knew of her existence called her when she lived in Elior Forest. Emilia is taking ownership of word now as one of symbols of her new found self-confidence. She not gonna use her heritage to drag her down anymore. Its different from what Echidna is calling her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I keep thinking about how we had it established Echidna apparently knows how to make clones, hence all the Ryuzu's, so maybe Emilia is a Satella clone?
However the Ryuzu were made with a goal of Dona acquiring immortality so she could continue to live and gather knowledge. Dona also detests Satella (see her reaction at the end of ep 12 when she appears). Its highly unlikely she had either the opportunity or will to clone her.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-23, 15:48   Link #423
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
However the Ryuzu were made with a goal of Dona acquiring immortality so she could continue to live and gather knowledge. Dona also detests Satella (see her reaction at the end of ep 12 when she appears). Its highly unlikely she had either the opportunity or will to clone her.
Echidna doesn't seem to have a high opinion of Emilia either .

I guess theoretically someone could have used Echidna's research to clone Satella (unless she never wrote it down), but that then begs the question of why leave her in a village of elves...
Old 2021-01-23, 17:33   Link #424
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Is Echidna the only being in the world that knows cloning techniques?

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-24, 04:41   Link #425
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Even when she looks stronger, Emilia is still a spoiled child in my eyes
so does Garfiel
Meanwhile, I really like Otto. He went through a lot and still managed to help Subaru even if he actually doesn't have any obligation to do it

I don't expect Subaru to stay any longer inside sanctuary.. It is the time for him to save the mansion.

It is also funny to see how angry Echidna is... Subaru and Emilia kissed inside her sanctuary. To think that she lost against this spoiled child must be so shameful for her (Subaru rejected her offer over Emilia after all)
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-24, 19:50   Link #426
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Is Echidna the only being in the world that knows cloning techniques?
As far we know yes. At least this level since magical clones. Emilia for example can make ice clones but they just be simple construct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Even when she looks stronger, Emilia is still a spoiled child in my eyes
Which weird POV she is when basically a person who has had nothing for vast majority of her life nor seeks much. But what she does carry what amount to decades worth of trauma from discrimination wouldn't be cured overnight . Now the two whom she had most really on for emotional stability had gone broken promises to her without any explanation. Its no wonder she rattle and feeling isolated. Thankfully Subaru made up on his end.

Subaru and Garf are far more spoiled in comparison

Last edited by Applehell; 2021-01-27 at 00:59.
Old 2021-01-26, 14:14   Link #427
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I've not been following the thread at all really but I just needed to say that now that the arc seems to reaching a conclusion, I'm glad it's reaching one because I didn't find this one particularly well done compared to anything in the first season. The arc did have some individually strong episodes but overall, I had barely any idea what the entire source of this conflict was to begin with and it just never made sense to me. I've heard there was a lot of content cut and if true it definitely showed because most of the time I felt like I was watching A Certain Magical Index for all the sense it made.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-26, 19:13   Link #428
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I've not been following the thread at all really but I just needed to say that now that the arc seems to reaching a conclusion, I'm glad it's reaching one because I didn't find this one particularly well done compared to anything in the first season. The arc did have some individually strong episodes but overall, I had barely any idea what the entire source of this conflict was to begin with and it just never made sense to me. I've heard there was a lot of content cut and if true it definitely showed because most of the time I felt like I was watching A Certain Magical Index for all the sense it made.
I'm anime only and everything makes perfect sense to me. Everything was explained during the discussion between Roswaal and Subaru last season. And if anything, the problem with this arc is that it's too fucking long, so I doubt cut content is an issue.
Old 2021-01-27, 00:50   Link #429
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
I regret to inform you that Re:Zero story arcs are long. You can be thankful that this one is the longest though.

Even arc 3 from the latter half of season 1 was almost as long as this arc was in the novels but to fit it into the anime they had to cut out a lot of scenes, many of which were probably important.

Future seasons, if they exist, will likely still be 1 arc per season but will probably have more episodes with OP and ED and more standard 24-minute episode lengths instead of the 26-29 minute lengths we've been getting here. If your concern about the length is rooted in "not a lot is happening", you will probably like arc 5 (which would be season 3).
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-27, 01:11   Link #430
Applehell

Yeah long arcs are like Re:Zero thing like Tokkan said.

I personally like them because they are usually meticulous constructed plotwise and Tappei doesn't skimp on the characters involved. Everyone one of the cast plays role in the progress of the narrative and eventually events leading to the conclusion that leads to pretty grand payoff which your starting to see now post ep 13. They long for how detailed they are.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to rewatch the whole once this finish to gain a better appreciation for what it does for characters and plot as whole.

Now its time for one of the most anticipated eps of the arc that is full of surprised

Honestly I would recommend anime-only not to watch this preview

The title is called "The Journey of Memories"

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by LKK; 2021-01-27 at 11:10. Reason: Posts merged. Don't post multiple times in a row. Use Edit button instead.
Old 2021-01-27, 08:01   Link #431
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Future seasons, if they exist, will likely still be 1 arc per season but will probably have more episodes with OP and ED and more standard 24-minute episode lengths instead of the 26-29 minute lengths we've been getting here. If your concern about the length is rooted in "not a lot is happening", you will probably like arc 5 (which would be season 3).
My issue would be that there were too many loops and that it took a while for Subaru to make some actual progress. He was completely stuck for quite some time. And if he's stuck, then everyone else is by default.
Old 2021-01-27, 09:04   Link #432
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
My issue would be that there were too many loops and that it took a while for Subaru to make some actual progress. He was completely stuck for quite some time. And if he's stuck, then everyone else is by default.
My point still stands, you will probably like arc 5 (season 3 if it were to happen).
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-27, 11:23   Link #433
Frontier

This arc has been going into practically everyone's background and origin, so it's high-time for probably the most intriguing and plot-relevant of those stories to finally be told as we finally see Emilia's past .

So Echidna is sticking around personally for this trial, partially to just roast Emilia whenever she can get an opportunity, although thanks to Subaru Emilia's got a much thicker skin. Not that Echidna's happy about that .

Child Emilia...I just, child Emilia...I was not prepared for such adorableness and sweetness. It's like if you took teen Emilia and somehow multiplied those qualities by ten. And that pout and high-and-mighty attitude! It was so, so cute. It's a shame Subaru might never get to see it, but I don't think he could handle such Emilia cuteness .

So...the elves secluded themselves in the forest to protect Satella's seal? And it seems like Emilia's parents were involved and that's why she hasn't seen them? Her aunt, Mother Fortuna, has been taking care of her all her life but has been telling her that her parents just haven't had time for her, when it seems like they might be dead. What the heck is going on ?

P...Petelgeuse!? Or more like, Geuse!? So it wasn't just a nickname, once upon a time Petelgeuse was apparently a long-lived, genuine, Bishop and Missionary who came to Emilia's village to bring supplies to the elves. Are these all the people who end up becoming Petelgeuse's witch cultists who he body jumps from? What the heck happened? Did the Witch Factor end up driving Geuse insane? And was their "sin" involved with Satella, which is why Geuse had such a strong reaction to seeing Emilia and having her be affectionate towards him? This is their penance for worshiping or supporting Satella? So, so many questions .

I would say Mother Fortuna is in great shape, especially with that form-fitting outfit that shows off her bust and butt pretty darn well. Being voiced by Haruka Tomatsu doesn't hurt either .

But speaking of, it's kind of hilarious that Haruka Tomatsu and Yoshitsugu Matsuoka are once again involved with each other, even with some light flirting and playing the mom and dad role to Emilia to boot. You may now proceed to make the appropriate Kirito and Asuna jokes. On-top of that, we even have Akira Ishida at the end, so Gabriel Miller has joined the mini-SAO reunion .

Subaru is super embarrassed his love letter was seen before Emilia got to see it, but everyone's beating on poor Otto for not being able to read the mood...but it also seems like Subaru is about to discover the truth about Sanctuary from the Ryuzu's .

I see Emilia got her dedication to promises from Mother Fortuna .

And just when things were getting so wholesome and sweet...the Archbishop of Greed, Regulus, shows up to cause trouble. It seems he was causing problems for the cast long before he helped Gluttony attack Crusch and Rem...and he's just as opinionated and arrogant as ever. I'm guessing he's there to break the seal and free Satella? And he's going to grab Geuse to turn him into Petelgeuse? This won't end well .
Old 2021-01-27, 13:16   Link #434
Xical
Phantom User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

This won't end well .
This can only end bad, really bad, really really bad or catastrophically bad, so chose your poison.
Old 2021-01-27, 15:28   Link #435
GDB

Damn, I figured he was old since Betty knew him, but Geuse really is old as hell. I had initially assumed that he had just popped into the library at some point, but now that we know he's old as hell I'm guessing he was probably around when Betty was "born" and met her before she was stationed in the library.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-27, 19:48   Link #436
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Loli Emilia was adorable. That's to be expected. Geuse was handsome and kind-hearted. That's unexpected. Well, not that much, since we know Beatrice used to at least be friends with him.

Given his reaction upon seeing Emilia and him being revealed to be extremely old, he probably knew Satella personally. Kind of weird that Fortuna and the other elves kept Emilia locked up so they wouldn't meet and once they did Fortuna was totally cool with it. I guess they were afraid he'd lose his mind, and he proved he could endure it.
Old 2021-01-27, 19:57   Link #437
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Damn, I figured he was old since Betty knew him, but Geuse really is old as hell. I had initially assumed that he had just popped into the library at some point, but now that we know he's old as hell I'm guessing he was probably around when Betty was "born" and met her before she was stationed in the library.
Quote:
Loli Emilia was adorable. That's to be expected. Geuse was handsome and kind-hearted. That's unexpected. Well, not that much, since we know Beatrice used to at least be friends with him.
Yep, he's about 400+ years old, meaning he was alive at the time of the Witches Era. While its not confirmed there is high chance he knew Satella personally too

He's a way important character then we were first lead to believe.

The flashback itself took place just 100 years ago.
Old 2021-01-27, 21:46   Link #438
HandofFate

I think this the first time in tv series we how emilia acts by herself outside the scope of Subaru's POV. She banters a lot better than you expect
Old 2021-01-27, 22:07   Link #439
Wandering Soul

Lol I Emilia was too precious. Subaru would have died and went to heaven if he saw that.

I knew Geuse was once normal, but seeing him be so normal, polite, and kind hearted is a another matter.
Old 2021-01-27, 23:00   Link #440
Frontier

I did find it kind of hilarious that we finally get to hear the new Ending and without any actual Ending animation. They're liable to do the same thing with the Opening at this rate .
Quote:
Given his reaction upon seeing Emilia and him being revealed to be extremely old, he probably knew Satella personally. Kind of weird that Fortuna and the other elves kept Emilia locked up so they wouldn't meet and once they did Fortuna was totally cool with it. I guess they were afraid he'd lose his mind, and he proved he could endure it.
It probably didn't hurt that Fortuna is keen on Geuse (and Emilia) and Emilia really likes Geuse now...