AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2017-03-02, 01:53   Link #401
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

They are running out of BD at the theaters again.

http://yamato2202.net/news/1487933986.html
Old 2017-03-02, 07:08   Link #402
August138

YAMATO: 2202 CHAPTER 1 Opening:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm30712729

YAMATO: 2202 CHAPTER 1 Closing:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm30716867
Old 2017-03-02, 09:28   Link #403
bensellers

Wait- Ithekro, you said the Gatlantis BB tracked the cruisers' warp to earth? If so, Earth should probably institute something like the Cole Protocol. Also, Serizawa is a fucking coward- just look at his reaction to the BB's warp to earth in the amv.

EDIT: I managed to see the name of the second cruiser the BB rams in the amv on a display screen- it's Defiant.
Old 2017-03-02, 10:33   Link #404
TZoli

My question (as I doing the Murasame and Kongo refits according to skaianDestiny's idea)
What is that radiator thing on the aft part of Kongo just behind the two hanger doors?
http://imgur.com/1Ex8PXY

Also what could be those doors be on the similar part of Murasame under the 3rd turret?
http://imgur.com/VfrHmdR
I've measured the doors are 3x3m (outer part) to 2x2m (inner part) large.
Old 2017-03-02, 10:38   Link #405
bensellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZoli View Post
My question (as I doing the Murasame and Kongo refits according to skaianDestiny's idea)
What is that radiator thing on the aft part of Kongo just behind the two hanger doors?

Also what could be those doors be on the similar part of Murasame under the 3rd turret?
My personal theory's always been some kind of heat radiator or something similar.
Old 2017-03-02, 11:21   Link #406
skaianDestiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZoli View Post

Yeah I'm pretty sure those are radiators or something similar.
Old 2017-03-02, 21:23   Link #407
August138

For those wondering about the system featured during the opening battle in Episode 1 of YAMATO: 2202, production designer and assistant director, Makoto Kobayashi, tweeted this image (titled, "Gas Planet") a while back, and identified the system as 「第8ガミラシア」(Dai-hachi Gamirashia) "Garmillacia/Gamilacia VIII".

Old 2017-03-02, 21:25   Link #408
Cosmo Attorney

Hey folks, first time posting here.

On the subject of the new, Space Battleship Yamato 2202 Blu-ray release not including English subtitles, I think August has shared a solid, factual analysis of what the reasons and implications of that decision are. There is at least the possibility, and by all accounts the desire, for Yamato 2202 (and 2199!) to have a formal release Stateside.

Keeping everything in perspective, 2202 was just released in Japan, and the standard Blu-ray isn't even available beyond preorder on Amazon JP yet. Volume 2 is slated for June, I think? Point being, I think patience is the name of the game here - not only vis-a-vis what may prove to be a very lengthy release schedule for Yamato 2202 in Japan, but also in regards to any future subtitled, Stateside release of 2199 and 2202.

Hell, any such "deal" between the Yamato rights-holders and a U.S. distributor may even lead to the possible, future domestic release of the original Space Battleship Yamato and other classic Yamato material. The point is, we don't know for sure, and we have just as many reasons to feel optimistic as we do to feel doubt as to an official, English-language friendly release of 2202 and other Yamato projects. So, let's stay optimistic!
Old 2017-03-02, 23:29   Link #409
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Welcome.

As for the ships, heat radiators or particle collectors. Might also only be for when they are operating in an atmosphere. The only Earth ships that doesn't seem to have some sort of grill-like structure is Yamato. Even the Isokaze-class could has some on the bow.

The big aft door on the Marusame might be just to load parts and supplies for the engine.

As for the planet....It seems squished like Balun did, but without the gates around it or the seemingly bright center. I'm sort of wondering how far away from Earth is it.
Old 2017-03-03, 01:16   Link #410
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by August138 View Post
Yeah, I got that the first twenty times... Yeah, that was all a colossal crapfest. I'm not trying to convince you or anyone else to feel one way or the other. I'm just imparting facts, so the discussion remains... factual.
That trailer is what I saw before making the decision whether to buy direct or wait until Voyager released it stateside.
I shelled out the money to buy direct because of it and am happy with the original Japanese Blue-Rays with English Subs.

Quote:

Never argued this point; in fact, I was one of the first people — once this was confirmed — who said, "Here come the fansubs!" It may also be interesting to note that, even with the legit subbed Blu-rays of 2199, people were still ripping and torrenting them; some even "tweaking" the subtitle scripts. Unfortunately, we can't stop that from happening, and frankly, that's out of our hands.
I guess I'm very bad at explaining my position, so my apologies.
What I DO NOT want to see are any fan-subs of this.
I want to see official subs so I can buy it (I've done that with all the other Yamato merchandise and have purchased either directly from Japan, or from Voyager).
While I don't buy models, I do buy the DVDs and Blue-Rays, and the Movie Books and Tech-manuals.
I still have all the old "This is Animation" Yamato books (and other anime like Macross, Orguss, etc.).
You seem like a rabid fan like me so I imagine your probably have a large collection as well.

Quote:
BTW, the legit release of MAZINGER Z was issued by Discotek Media a few years back in two box sets. Discotek have issued tons of Old Skool anime, and will continue to do more. Additionally, one fansub group had subbed Tatsunoko's CASSHERN, and once it was announced the series was licensed by Sentai Filmworks, the fansubbers pulled theirs down.
Thank you for that link.
While I'm not particularly interested in Go Nagai's stuff, I AM interested in all the Galaxy Express and Harlock they have available.

Quote:
It's your money, of course; unfortunately, these matters are out of our hands and not for us to decide. Can we agree to cross our fingers, but not hold our collective breath?
That's the problem. While the internet is great for many things it also has its downside. It was fansubbing (to some extent) that did damage to the anime industry in the early 2000s (as I'm sure you may remember). While not lethal, it did promote a lot of piracy and that was not a good thing for the industry as a whole.
Thankfully, many companies have added English subs after that period (some still don't unfortunately) and that seems to lessened the problem.

Quote:
(Good work, by the way.)
Thank you.
I have a bit more, but STO (Star Trek Online) is doing a special this weekend and I would love to get my hands on a Kobali Somar Cruiser (T6). I missed that one when they offered it.

Here is what I have after only two nights of work (about three and half hours). I'll work on it more this weekend.

Spoiler for large:

Quote:
Originally Posted by August138 View Post
For those wondering about the system featured during the opening battle in Episode 1 of YAMATO: 2202, production designer and assistant director, Makoto Kobayashi, tweeted this image (titled, "Gas Planet") a while back, and identified the system as 「第8ガミラシア」(Dai-hachi Gamirashia) "Garmillacia/Gamilacia VIII".

Thank you for that. I was very curious about where that battle took place. Good to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo Attorney View Post
Keeping everything in perspective, 2202 was just released in Japan, and the standard Blu-ray isn't even available beyond preorder on Amazon JP yet. Volume 2 is slated for June, I think? Point being, I think patience is the name of the game here - not only vis-a-vis what may prove to be a very lengthy release schedule for Yamato 2202 in Japan, but also in regards to any future subtitled, Stateside release of 2199 and 2202.

Hell, any such "deal" between the Yamato rights-holders and a U.S. distributor may even lead to the possible, future domestic release of the original Space Battleship Yamato and other classic Yamato material. The point is, we don't know for sure, and we have just as many reasons to feel optimistic as we do to feel doubt as to an official, English-language friendly release of 2202 and other Yamato projects. So, let's stay optimistic!
I sure hope they do an international release with English Subs.
Old 2017-03-03, 01:24   Link #411
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That is a very nice bow. The aft end is less finished and is full of detail bits so that will take a while.
Old 2017-03-03, 04:06   Link #412
skaianDestiny

While we're posting our own things, here's the lady of the year.

While I'm here I just wanna take a look back at the late CanisD's interpretations of the Wave Motion Engine-equipped pre-Yamato Earth ships.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I'm kind of interested in doing a "modern" reinterpretation of them, though Tzoli's already done the Isokaze. Actually, Tzoli do you think you could edit your drawing to have a modified engine that looks like the end of CanisD's version? Something like this:
Old 2017-03-03, 07:23   Link #413
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

We use to use some of those designs or ideas about those designs when figuring out what Earth might have before the big 2201 push towards Andromeda. We still use CanisD's Arizona as the top view on the game sheet of the Star Blazers Fleet Battle System game.

As for Yamato 2202. I had a thought. If Gatlantis is a Telezart at the start of the series, and then sets course for Earth....Yamato has to go past them to reach Teresa, and then race home to rejoin the Earth fleet. Also it brings up the series internal timeline question that will be asked a bit by the end of the show....how long will it take Gatlantis to reach Earth. Weeks, months? Most of a year? How long will Earth have to prepare its defenses and new built modern warships that are technologically more like Andromeda than the old Kirishima or even Yamato?

In chapter one, Earth has a LOT of redesigned Kongos and a lot more Marusame-class ships, and probably a bunch of Isokaze torpedo boats. They have Yamato being rebuilt, 3 Andromeda-class Battleships and 2 Apollo Norm-class Battlecarriers. The six larger ships all likely need some working up aside from Andromeda, who likely just finished that in Episode Two. Yamato will be finished at some point in Chapter Two. We know at least one Dreadnaut-class ship will be finished within three or so weeks of Episode Two (assuming that that episode takes place on December 8th, 2202), as 2203 is right around the corner (will ships commissioned in 2203 have that in their hull numbers, or is the hull number the year the ship started construction?). One assumes there will be more of those produced quickly as they are not all that much larger than the Kongo type ships. B

ecause Bandai likes money, I would gather that at least one of the other four similar designs will be produced (the old 2201 fleet battlecruiser, patrol cruiser, destroyer, and frigate designs), though I am unsure of the old style battlecarrier will be made due to the existence of the Apollo Norm, or I the carrier conversion of the Dreadnaught will look more like the Apollo Norm than what we usually call the "Lexington-class.

There could be more Andromeda type ships built while Yamato is away, depending on how long that period of time is. Telezart might be very far away, or well away from the Gamilas/Aquarius built Gates, thus forcing Yamato to go it slower on they way there, but rushing with dangerously long distance warps on the way home. Or the series could have each episode be only a day or less depending on what is going on. In Yamato 2, Gatlantis was stated to be about 6660 hours (around 9 months away) from Earth in episode one. I don't know if any such statement is made from Yamato 2202 when Gatlantis starts to move out. But by the end it has been only a little over four months since the Kodai returned to Earth in 2201 to when the Yamato is making its stand against Gatlantis with the Earth fleet. If Yamato 2202 follows this rough timeline, than the showdown would be somewhere around April of 2203, though if they wanted to tempt fate, have the showdown on April 7th, 2203.
Old 2017-03-03, 12:37   Link #414
TZoli

Hmm Looks like for this 2202 EDF Dreadnought, they used the Borodino class as base but then used the lengthened barrels from the actual EDF Dreadnought:
Images

Now next to each other the Borodino and the New Dreadnought:
Images
Old 2017-03-03, 17:21   Link #415
TZoli

And the work in progress of the Murasame refit:
http://tzoli.deviantart.com/art/Mura...efit-666929903
Closed Thread