Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-12-19, 11:50   Link #401
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
BTW, I'm actually kinda surprised that Yasuho's ex apparently didn't try to stop the Josuke/Rai duo (unless he planted some hidden stand ability on them from off-screen). I also found it interesting how Mitsuba described the Rokakaka's taste (I remember Norisuke mentioned a while back that the fruits smelled like figs.... neat to see that referenced again here!). I'm still a bit unclear about her equivalent exchange, though..... does it mean that her unborn child will survive, after all? Guess we gotta wait a bit to find out for certain...
That's what the end of the chapter implied, yes. She had nothing else that needed to be "fixed", so if she lost her nose, that means her child came back to life.

The way Josuke got rid of Wu so easily was pretty anticlimactic. The fight was over as soon as he used his stand.
Old 2019-01-19, 09:05   Link #402
marvelB

First chapter of the year is out! Looks like Josuke is set on searching for the head doctor rather than focusing on Joubin right away. And it turns out that Tooru (Yasuho's ex) helped out him and Rai, after all. We still can't be certain if that guy's a friend or foe, though....

Meanwhile, something's up with Tsurugi..... it appears that his stand powers are going out of control. Not only does it seem that he fatally attacked a kid at his school, but even his own grandfather....,!!?

Unfortunately, we'll have to wait a couple months to find out what's up with the kid as the series is on break next month. Oh, well.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-22, 12:31   Link #403
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Finally read the chapter. I felt bad for Yasuho. Rai and Jousuke completely dismissed what she said.

What is going on with Tsurugi? Attacking classmates who insulted his family is one thing, but Norisuke too?! Curious to find out how things reached this point.
Old 2019-03-19, 00:06   Link #404
marvelB

Break's over, so we have a new chapter! And the dots are starting to connect, as well.... it seems the head doctor of the hospital is connected to Tsurugi's incident at the school. Perhaps this means he's involved with Norisuke's situation, as well? And once again, Yasuho's ex becomes more and more suspicious..... how did he know Josuke's gang was searching for the doctor when they didn't tell him so? It's very much possible he's just a red herring, but his presence is still quite questionable, without a doubt (and frankly, it feels like more than a coincidence for the 89 year old doctor to suddenly appear as soon as Tooru points him out)....

BTW, I'm liking Mitsuba even more, now. Loved that little stunt she pulled with the coffee mugs when she left the school conference!
Old 2019-03-20, 14:20   Link #405
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Tooru is way too fishy to just be a red herring at this point. Even Josuke noticed it was odd he ran into them like that.
Old 2019-04-19, 00:06   Link #406
marvelB

That time of month is upon us! The first part of the chapter involves Mitsuba discussing Tsurugi's situation with Joubin, who isn't worried about the child. Interestingly, it seems he's turned on by his wife's new nose (kinda weird he wanted to do her with bugs crawling on their bed, though ). During their chat, Mitsuba briefly spots the head doctor of the hospital before suddenly cutting her hand. It's at this point that she discovers her hubby hoarding the Rokakaka plant....

Meanwhile, at the hospital, Josuke's group are chasing after the head doctor, but he always seems to be one step ahead of them. During the chase, Josuke discovers that Yasuho's ex Tooru left her a message: He wants to get back together with her! It's at this point that Rai discovers they've been ensnared in the enemy's trap all along.... as his constant collision with various objects has led to his legs tearing apart.....!!!!

Yikes, it's looking more and more like Tooru's the enemy, all right! But whether this his handiwork or not, this threat has now targeted the Higashikata estate, as well.... which is most likely how Norisuke ended up in such a sorry state from a couple chapters back....
Old 2019-04-19, 11:47   Link #407
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The old man they're chasing is obviously a mirage, I'm surprised they haven't figured that out already. To be fair to them, we do have information they don't have, like him showing up at a completely different location at the same time.

Joubin is... weird
Old 2019-05-17, 08:57   Link #408
marvelB

New chapter! Josuke's group are forced to temporarily halt their pursuit of the head doctor due to the constant stand attacks. They decide to split up for now, and it's at this point that Tooru makes another move on Yasuho.....

Meanwhile, that one rich parent who Mitsuba insulted a while back is hanging out with her money-stealing boy toy, Ohjirou (who was an early enemy in the series!). The lady reveals her ambition to take the Higashikata estate for herself, and mentions an unsavory rumor about Joubin. Ohjirou shows interest in the story, particularly because of a certain familiar fruit.....

BTW, I dunno if that was a cigarette butt that Josuke blocked during the chase, but if it was..... damn, that thing must've flown at him with the force of a friggin' bullet to make him bleed like that, lol.
Old 2019-05-17, 10:32   Link #409
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Until I read your post, I had totally forgotten the guy at the end appeared earlier in the series. If Araki brought back a guy from this far back, then I doubt he's forgotten about Karera like some people thought.

The ever suspicious Tooru will no doubt have some conditions for testifying, and it's not hard to guess what it'll be. I hope Yasuho will be smart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
BTW, I dunno if that was a cigarette butt that Josuke blocked during the chase, but if it was..... damn, that thing must've flown at him with the force of a friggin' bullet to make him bleed like that, lol.
Wasn't it a part of the bus that detached itself?
Old 2019-06-19, 01:26   Link #410
marvelB

It's that time again! And this time, the surfer dude is on the prowl.... by harassing Tsurugi. He then literally uses the child to "invade" the Higashikata estate and attempts to steal the fruit! How will Joubin handle this.....!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Wasn't it a part of the bus that detached itself?
I thought that at first, myself (and it does make more sense), but it still looked kinda like a cigarette butt to me.... well, whatevs. Now we've got a creepy puppeteer surfer guy to deal with in addition to the mysterious doctor.....
Old 2019-06-19, 10:49   Link #411
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Oujirou is turning out to be much more of a pain than I thought he'd be.
Old 2019-07-19, 08:57   Link #412
marvelB

Next chap's here! It's a really awesome one, too! It really seemed like Oujirou won the battle.... only to have the Joubin/Tsurugi duo completely turn the tables on him. And honestly, I'd say he had it coming considering he was more than willing to brutally murder a kid together with his parent....

Also, we see Oujirou's girlfriend also become a target of Joubin's revenge. But I think my favorite part of all was the lady's daughter seeming completely indifferent to her mother's death (it might be more likely she didn't notice since she was listening to music, but it wouldn't exactly be the first time people in this series ignored murder in broad daylight, heh ).
Old 2019-07-19, 12:23   Link #413
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Soft & wet is a really good counter for Speed King, isn't it? It could just extract the build up heat with its bubbles.
Old 2019-08-18, 11:41   Link #414
marvelB

And in this month's chapter, Josuke's pursuit of the head doctor continues! Except, it turns out the very act of "pursuing" that doctor is the very weapon being used against him and his friends! And if that weren't enough, he has the police to worry about, as well! Just how can such a deadly stand power be defeated....!?

Actually, come to think of it.... this ability seems kinda similar to Killer Queen's Bites the Dust (in the sense that it activates when an enemy tries to expose the user). Could this potentially be a "final boss" stand....?
Old 2019-08-19, 17:03   Link #415
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This is one of the trickiest automatic stand in the series. You usually have to go after the user to beat them, but even the mere decision of going after him activates the attack. The stand can use anything to attack, too.
Old 2019-09-18, 10:35   Link #416
marvelB

New month, new chap! Josuke hatches his own plan to pursue the head doctor.... alone and gravely injured, no less. Meanwhile, Yasuho hangs out with Tooru, who shows her a photo of the head doctor. And with him is.... Mitsuba!?

BTW, that's some..... interesting facial hair the old doc has, there!
Old 2019-09-18, 10:40   Link #417
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Damn, I was really close to beating you to the punch this time!!

Jousuke took a huge gamble, here's hoping it will pay off. No idea what Mitsuba being on a picture with head doctor means. She can't possibly be related to him, right? Surely, she would have mentioned it.
Old 2019-09-18, 10:49   Link #418
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Damn, I was really close to beating you to the punch this time!!
Heh, better luck next time!

BTW, I also found Tooru's story about electricity flying in the air to be rather interesting.... maybe Yasuho can use that idea as a power up for her Paisley Park?
Old 2019-10-19, 08:48   Link #419
marvelB

Next chapter's here, and the situation intensifies even further! The head doctor is targeting the Higashikata family, and poor Tsurugi is taking the most punishment out of them by far! Meanwhile, Josuke manages to wake up in the hospital in time for the doctor's lecture, but makes the fatal error of making his "intent to pursue" known. Will he survive this ordeal....!?

BTW, I really like how Mitsuba treated her own injuries with her stand ability. Truly shows how versatile it is.
Old 2019-10-20, 12:10   Link #420
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yep, that's a good ability that Mitsuba's got. Hope the Higashikata family will do better than against Hato's "boyfriend".

Tags
action, adventure