AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Isolation (Volume 23) Rating
Perfect 10 14 56.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 16.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 8.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-09-02, 21:03   Link #381
alex_drian

The fight with Katsuto aside, I enjoyed to Miyuki and Minami owned to Mayumi and Mari.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-03, 05:58   Link #382
mashingan
魔神眼

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalorView View Post
From the spoiler i've read

When the trio confronts him. Tatsuya said that there is something fishy about the Dione project and magicians joining this project will still be treated as mere tools, it's no different than when they get forced to become living weapons. And Mayumi tells Tatsuya, he was right. But he will get isolated from the entire community, she doesn't want him to endure that. She tearfully tells him to accept the offer, even if he pretends to do so.
Ah, yes, it's in page 273.
She only said like this "Even if Tatsuya-kun's deduction is right, it's you that will lose your place Tatsuya, it's you who will be isolated".

below is my opinion:
This is what I actually don't like. She didn't choose to stand at Tatsuya's side, and as if mocking her reasoning, Erika and co came out of trees said otherwise.
mashingan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-03, 06:56   Link #383
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashingan View Post
below is my opinion:
This is what I actually don't like. She didn't choose to stand at Tatsuya's side, and as if mocking her reasoning, Erika and co came out of trees said otherwise.
She didn't choose to stand with him for the same reason all of Japan is not going to stand with him next arc. Hell, the schools students (minus his friends) already isolated him because of the active air mine and 9sc cancellation thing and it's not as big as Project Dione refusal form a social and political perspective.

In fact, even if we takes the real plans of Clark for Tatsuya, the majority would support it (including Japan). Exiling a SCM who can destroy the planet on a whim, everyone would support that. Hell, I don't even understand why Tatsuya isn't even for it, he knows the entire planet existence hang to the duration of his sister's life.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-03, 09:41   Link #384
nilocolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Hell, I don't even understand why Tatsuya isn't even for it, he knows the entire planet existence hang to the duration of his sister's life.
Wow. This is silly. Because like anyone he wants to determine his own happiness and dictate his own life. Why would he willing destroy his life without coming up with any countermeasures to Clark's schemes or make a stand? The funny thing is if the positions were reversed: We know damn well that Mayumi would be asking Tatsuya for help. Why shouldn't he expect the same from Mayumi or a little bit of consideration from her who is supposed to be sympathetic to him. She doesn't have to go-all-out like Tatsuya's friends but she can do what she can with her position as Mayumi Saegusa. The fact that she isn't and keeps stating the obvious ('Tatsuya will be isolated') is very half-hearted and does not look good on her (she's supposed to love him, right?); especially from someone who made it her mission to be Tatsuya's ally in First High.

Last edited by nilocolin; 2017-09-03 at 10:00.
nilocolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-03, 11:30   Link #385
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilocolin View Post
Wow. This is silly. Because like anyone he wants to determine his own happiness and dictate his own life. Why would he willing destroy his life without coming up with any countermeasures to Clark's schemes or make a stand?
It has nothing to do with Clark's schemes. Tatsuya should have come up with the solution himself once he learned that when Miyuki dies, including of natural causes, the whole planets goes kaboom (unless he dies first which is very unlike to happen really).

He has no reasons to stay on Earth outside of Miyuki, he just have to take her with him to space and both can be happy there.
Old 2017-09-03, 21:04   Link #386
mashingan
魔神眼

@azarhal, what I and maybe @nilocolin meant was Mayumi didn't dare to cross that line, the line which differentiate between simply general public and Tatsuya's circle of friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
It has nothing to do with Clark's schemes. Tatsuya should have come up with the solution himself once he learned that when Miyuki dies, including of natural causes, the whole planets goes kaboom (unless he dies first which is very unlike to happen really).

He has no reasons to stay on Earth outside of Miyuki, he just have to take her with him to space and both can be happy there.
On another note, do you or anyone think that Clark or those intelligent officer know if anything ever happen to Miyuki, they would see the world burns?
Old 2017-09-03, 21:29   Link #387
-Mahesvara_

Sigh...I still see Mayumi is getting unjust flak. I don't see anything that she particularly did wrong this volume if you take into account the circumstances. In fact she was entirely worried about Tatsuya and was only trying to help him. I'm sure Tatsuya's understands this. Who knows, after seeing how determined Tatsuya was about declining to help with the project, she might help out in some way, shape, or form next volume? With that being said, unless she garners other strong allies, she won't be able to make a big difference even as the daughter of the saegusa clan head when the opponents are the magic association, the 10MCS, and basically the entire magic community.

Personally I can't wait to read the volume myself, because even though reading spoilers and summaries tell you what went down, they still leave out a considerable amount of context,which can easily change the interpretation of the given information. Though considering vol 19 is still incomplete, its going to be quite the wait.

Last edited by -Mahesvara_; 2017-09-03 at 21:47.
-Mahesvara_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-03, 22:27   Link #388
mashingan
魔神眼

What Mayumi did wasn't wrong, and that's what I don't like.

For this volume, what Mayumi did wasn't out of my expectation, who knows for future volumes, but IMO, this volume is quite a defeat attitude from Mayumi.

When everyone are expected to shun Tatsuya, only the people who close to him that support him.
Mayumi didn't shun him, but she couldn't side with him.
Old 2017-09-04, 06:01   Link #389
NeutralZero

hopefully Mayumi will sided with Tatsuya after finding out more of the real hidden agenda for that project

In a way she is stuck between a rock and a hard object...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-04, 06:41   Link #390
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashingan View Post
On another note, do you or anyone think that Clark or those intelligent officer know if anything ever happen to Miyuki, they would see the world burns?
I very much doubt it. I'm not even sure if Aoba and the Yotsuba not called Maya and Tatsuya were told (does Miyuki even know?).

Yakumo guessed it and Erika is probably expecting something terrible (just not the extend of it, unless she guessed Tatsuya = MB user and we were not told).

Saying that, some people remember the Yotsuba needs to overcompensate when they are angry. That might actually explain why Clark wants to exile him to space and not kill him directly in Japan.
Old 2017-09-04, 08:59   Link #391
DanielSong39

Can't fault Mayumi too much but she picked the wrong horse.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-04, 14:40   Link #392
zerosum

Wow, that a lot of tough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Well she dont know the whole story so that normal to make wrong judgement(i got a similiar problem here )
zerosum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-04, 23:05   Link #393
NeutralZero

Well it's not just Mayumi,
Katsuto also didn't know the full reason/story and he would naturally stick to his house/org rulings
and it cost him an arm...
IT'll be interesting if that defeat would have an effect on his mentality/ego...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-05, 06:26   Link #394
Nice

Quote:
s is what I actually don't like. She didn't choose to stand at Tatsuya's side, and as if mocking her reasoning, Erika and co came out of trees said otherwise
Quote:
The fact that she isn't and keeps stating the obvious ('Tatsuya will be isolated') is very half-hearted and does not look good on her (she's supposed to love him, right?); especially from someone who made it her mission to be Tatsuya's ally in First High.
Quote:
What Mayumi did wasn't wrong, and that's what I don't like.

For this volume, what Mayumi did wasn't out of my expectation, who knows for future volumes, but IMO, this volume is quite a defeat attitude from Mayumi.

When everyone are expected to shun Tatsuya, only the people who close to him that support him.
Mayumi didn't shun him, but she couldn't side with him.
Quote:

Ive already written a piece, but it seems its getting ignored so i'll post it again because like the other guy, i dont like the flack Mayumi's been getting since she IS on Tatsuya's side.

:
For me, her last stance for Tatsuya to pretend to join the Project was out of desperation to keep him from being hated/hunted and probobly left to die by the other Magician families and Japans Magic population as a whole (which is partially/mostly happening).
Mayumi wants Tatsuya to take the most peaceful option that actually gets him away from being in a position to fight.
For him to be isolated is the same as making enemies of his own countrymen and putting him in the position to be hunted and for other Magician families to contribute to hunt him down.

And now something similar is already happening by the end of the book by a masked man who apparently is one of the seven sages.
so her fears are basically being realized.

So even if he has to lie, for Mayumi, its better than becoming an enemy towards everyone, and since shes asking him to pretend instead of actually accepting, i gather she wanted to come up with something to help him out in the mean time, and that pretending would buy him that time they'd need, keeping him safe until an alternative arrived (imo)

She wants him to be accepted as much as Miyuki does. and lately, has been going out of her way to do what she so he isn't in a bad position.
the most recent examples:
A)She arranged a meeting to discuss the Idol project to see if a compromise could be reached because she knew his rejection of the idea would put him at odds with the other Families, so she was already trying to avoid his isolation.

And B) she talks her way into join Juumonji for his talk/fight with Tatsuya in order to avoid the confrontation that apparently makes her heart tremble. And apparently She was the one who brought Mari along to the meeting?
Mayumi never had to attempt these things, and is mainly doing it because of Tatsuya and she doesn't want him to be hurt or be put in a bad position.

And don't forget she got Pissy at her own Father when she learned that he was secretly financing supporting Anti magic factions (? cant remember specifics).
And her father realized that when she didn't calm down after hearing Kudou Retus approved it, that it wasn't because of Juumonji's sake she was upset (Juumonji had just confronted the sly fox and left at that point, and its hinted that it was for Tatsuya that she was upset for.).

So for anyone thinking hers was a bad decision or opposed Tatsuya.
Hers was the least violent decision, and would of kept him from most violence, and since the project would even start for a while, her saying to "pretend" he'd agree to it would of spared him from being hated and hunted at the end of the Novel, and could of possibly offered a better solution in time.

He cant even just bare the consequences of his rejection of the offer. If it was his decision and all people did isdidn't like him for it, whine and bitch that he's selfish/mean, Then i'd say fuck em, and agree that Mayumi's stance was in pretty bad.

But he's hunted now, so its physical action he has to counter now, as opposed to just tolerating bitching.
Meaning he's going to be attacked and If an entire country isolates him or see's him in a negative light, they can paint him up as a criminal for some bogus charge. The fact that he's hunted means he's going to be provoked or framed or forced into a bad position and fighting could just make it worse. So ignoring/running isn't an option, they're going to push his buttons for a response.

And you all just expect Tatsuya to keep fighting just so he can stand his ground?
He's destroyed the strongest defense magic in the world. No one is going to take him lightly anymore regardless if they know about material burst.
What do all you think?
That he's just going to keep fighting, making himself a bigger target to the entire country, and killing everyone in self defense? If he does that against his own country men, then even the 101st or Yotsuba cant support him without making themselves targets. And we all seen there's a limit to how far the Yotsuba would go for him (nil) and Kazama and Tatsuya are described as trusting to one another but prepared to turn against each other if necessary.
And its not like Tatsuya is going to "restore" all the ones that attack him, he's already made it clear he cant promise Juumonji anything in a second fight.
And the only reason Mayumi told Juumonji about "restoration" despite promising to keep it to herself, is because she's scared that Tatsuya will keep fighting because of it, forcing the opposition to fight harder, which would most likely lead to his death. So even knowing about Resoration dosn't bring her calmness, if anything it makes her more scared that Tatsuya will refuse to give up, leading to a greater force to arrive to push him down.

It'd be a bloodbath and all the positive that Tatsuya inspired will crumble entirely, along with Silver.
Not saying that those who go against him wouldn't deserve it, but if the ending to "Mobile suit Gundam IBO" taught me anything, its that the ones in control the politics and media determines who the true monsters/terrorists are and esures that those in control can hide their war crimes, framing and mis deeds and still get more power.
And Tatsuya doesn't have the media or politics. And the most effective ally he had in those regards had his arm blown off.
And depending on how far he fights, he could be labels as a rouge magician and hunted for the rest of his life for being too dangerous, which he is since he can destroy the world. And as soon as the people notice, they'll always fear/hate him and magic.

So no, Mayumi's stance is not bad at all.
Its pragmatic, and safe from a strategic point, and Keeps Tatsuya out of danger from consequences of refusal (like a masked guy hunting him), and keeps the door open to win peoples hearts and minds, and possibly the time to expose the DIONE project for what it is and come up with something else..

And if you Still think it's bad because it goes against Tatsuya's desire for his own happiness and free will, remember;
Miyuki is all that matters to him. Miyuki and he where both made so that he'd do anything for her. Tatsuya claims for have no desires, and that Miyukis happiness is all that matters. His decisions have nothing to do with him, but her, which may include him, but its not for himself he does anything. And thats how he was designed to be.
So there goes freedom.
As for happiness... I'm always hard pushed to say his happiness is true since everything else was taken from him. But i guess it works, even if in a messed up way.

Both Miyuki and Mayumi want Tatsuya to be safe and happy, but both have negatives about it.
Mayumi's method is working with the system, making Tatsuya a tool, but it also gets any hostilities off his back. However, it can present an opportunity to make things go their way by using the system in their favor (politics and all).
Miyukis is to stand their ground and fight against anyone that would Oppose Tatsuya and use him for their own ends, but it makes Tatsuya an enemy to the majority of people around him, and its clear the Yotusba aren't as helpful as they should be, and the most trustful allies they have are loyal, but still too few. Tatsuya will fight to have his freedom, but with no powerful allies he's likely to be backed into a corner, and Using powerful magic would only make peoples opinion of magic sour.
But in the end, he is now hunted all the same.

Last edited by Nice; 2017-09-05 at 06:44.
Nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-05, 10:30   Link #395
Plumme
Bla Bla Bla

Location: Big green house at the skirt of a town/near a forest, with bonzai trees displayed all over the front
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice View Post
Ive already written a piece, but it seems its getting ignored so i'll post it again because like the other guy, i dont like the flack Mayumi's been getting since she IS on Tatsuya's side.

:
For me, her last stance for Tatsuya to pretend to join the Project was out of desperation to keep him from being hated/hunted and probobly left to die by the other Magician families and Japans Magic population as a whole (which is partially/mostly happening).
Mayumi wants Tatsuya to take the most peaceful option that actually gets him away from being in a position to fight.
For him to be isolated is the same as making enemies of his own countrymen and putting him in the position to be hunted and for other Magician families to contribute to hunt him down.

And now something similar is already happening by the end of the book by a masked man who apparently is one of the seven sages.
so her fears are basically being realized.

So even if he has to lie, for Mayumi, its better than becoming an enemy towards everyone, and since shes asking him to pretend instead of actually accepting, i gather she wanted to come up with something to help him out in the mean time, and that pretending would buy him that time they'd need, keeping him safe until an alternative arrived (imo)

She wants him to be accepted as much as Miyuki does. and lately, has been going out of her way to do what she so he isn't in a bad position.
the most recent examples:
A)She arranged a meeting to discuss the Idol project to see if a compromise could be reached because she knew his rejection of the idea would put him at odds with the other Families, so she was already trying to avoid his isolation.

And B) she talks her way into join Juumonji for his talk/fight with Tatsuya in order to avoid the confrontation that apparently makes her heart tremble. And apparently She was the one who brought Mari along to the meeting?
Mayumi never had to attempt these things, and is mainly doing it because of Tatsuya and she doesn't want him to be hurt or be put in a bad position.

And don't forget she got Pissy at her own Father when she learned that he was secretly financing supporting Anti magic factions (? cant remember specifics).
And her father realized that when she didn't calm down after hearing Kudou Retus approved it, that it wasn't because of Juumonji's sake she was upset (Juumonji had just confronted the sly fox and left at that point, and its hinted that it was for Tatsuya that she was upset for.).

So for anyone thinking hers was a bad decision or opposed Tatsuya.
Hers was the least violent decision, and would of kept him from most violence, and since the project would even start for a while, her saying to "pretend" he'd agree to it would of spared him from being hated and hunted at the end of the Novel, and could of possibly offered a better solution in time.

He cant even just bare the consequences of his rejection of the offer. If it was his decision and all people did isdidn't like him for it, whine and bitch that he's selfish/mean, Then i'd say fuck em, and agree that Mayumi's stance was in pretty bad.

But he's hunted now, so its physical action he has to counter now, as opposed to just tolerating bitching.
Meaning he's going to be attacked and If an entire country isolates him or see's him in a negative light, they can paint him up as a criminal for some bogus charge. The fact that he's hunted means he's going to be provoked or framed or forced into a bad position and fighting could just make it worse. So ignoring/running isn't an option, they're going to push his buttons for a response.

And you all just expect Tatsuya to keep fighting just so he can stand his ground?
He's destroyed the strongest defense magic in the world. No one is going to take him lightly anymore regardless if they know about material burst.
What do all you think?
That he's just going to keep fighting, making himself a bigger target to the entire country, and killing everyone in self defense? If he does that against his own country men, then even the 101st or Yotsuba cant support him without making themselves targets. And we all seen there's a limit to how far the Yotsuba would go for him (nil) and Kazama and Tatsuya are described as trusting to one another but prepared to turn against each other if necessary.
And its not like Tatsuya is going to "restore" all the ones that attack him, he's already made it clear he cant promise Juumonji anything in a second fight.
And the only reason Mayumi told Juumonji about "restoration" despite promising to keep it to herself, is because she's scared that Tatsuya will keep fighting because of it, forcing the opposition to fight harder, which would most likely lead to his death. So even knowing about Resoration dosn't bring her calmness, if anything it makes her more scared that Tatsuya will refuse to give up, leading to a greater force to arrive to push him down.

It'd be a bloodbath and all the positive that Tatsuya inspired will crumble entirely, along with Silver.
Not saying that those who go against him wouldn't deserve it, but if the ending to "Mobile suit Gundam IBO" taught me anything, its that the ones in control the politics and media determines who the true monsters/terrorists are and esures that those in control can hide their war crimes, framing and mis deeds and still get more power.
And Tatsuya doesn't have the media or politics. And the most effective ally he had in those regards had his arm blown off.
And depending on how far he fights, he could be labels as a rouge magician and hunted for the rest of his life for being too dangerous, which he is since he can destroy the world. And as soon as the people notice, they'll always fear/hate him and magic.

So no, Mayumi's stance is not bad at all.
Its pragmatic, and safe from a strategic point, and Keeps Tatsuya out of danger from consequences of refusal (like a masked guy hunting him), and keeps the door open to win peoples hearts and minds, and possibly the time to expose the DIONE project for what it is and come up with something else..

And if you Still think it's bad because it goes against Tatsuya's desire for his own happiness and free will, remember;
Miyuki is all that matters to him. Miyuki and he where both made so that he'd do anything for her. Tatsuya claims for have no desires, and that Miyukis happiness is all that matters. His decisions have nothing to do with him, but her, which may include him, but its not for himself he does anything. And thats how he was designed to be.
So there goes freedom.
As for happiness... I'm always hard pushed to say his happiness is true since everything else was taken from him. But i guess it works, even if in a messed up way.

Both Miyuki and Mayumi want Tatsuya to be safe and happy, but both have negatives about it.
Mayumi's method is working with the system, making Tatsuya a tool, but it also gets any hostilities off his back. However, it can present an opportunity to make things go their way by using the system in their favor (politics and all).
Miyukis is to stand their ground and fight against anyone that would Oppose Tatsuya and use him for their own ends, but it makes Tatsuya an enemy to the majority of people around him, and its clear the Yotusba aren't as helpful as they should be, and the most trustful allies they have are loyal, but still too few. Tatsuya will fight to have his freedom, but with no powerful allies he's likely to be backed into a corner, and Using powerful magic would only make peoples opinion of magic sour.
But in the end, he is now hunted all the same.
Well said. Both have their own circumstances. Different factors caused different outcomes. Rant it out in a fic if its that frustrating!
Come! Where's our Mayumi-is-Tatsuya's-Sister-and-Miyuki-is-Saegusa-Sister?!
Plumme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-05, 22:32   Link #396
sasabit

damn why people still crapping on Katsuto like they all think he's some kind of prideful ass like hattori was. He is the type like "might makes right", if he beats Tatsuya, he will force him to participate, but he lost, and accepted it without taking it badly. He was even like, "what are the terms of surrender?" meaning that he was prepared for any consequence Tatsuya would have decided for him, and him realizing his neutron barrier was useless against Baryon lance and not making a last desperate attempt and possibly getting himself killed is further proof of it. People shouldnt like this fight because Tatsuya crapped on Katsuto and embarrassed him, but because of how we get to see how both improved significantly, and how Baryon lance allows Tatsuya to break through his counter.
sasabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-05, 22:37   Link #397
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

IDK but Katsuto is still in the wrong for trying to force something somebody doesn't want to do.
Bullying just with another name. Shame on everybody involved in that. Peaceful and Political shit my ass. lol
Just another head of a family thinking he knows what's best.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-06, 16:00   Link #398
Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
IDK but Katsuto is still in the wrong for trying to force something somebody doesn't want to do.
Bullying just with another name. Shame on everybody involved in that. Peaceful and Political shit my ass. lol
Just another head of a family thinking he knows what's best.
Except, the DIONE project and the IDOL project are the only solutions that are offered.

He has to do SOMETHING to do his part as a MC head and as another Magician and for the sake of all Magicians.
Since opinions are turning sour against Magicians, That could make anti magic factions like Blanche seem more sympathetic, and gain them more recruits, ensuring more terrorism and wars, not on the battlefield, but on the streets of the cities and towns they live in.

The situation is desperate. Desperate enough to force others into participating.

And in the end, Its not like Anyone else is offering anything that can solve the Magician problem, those are the only options he has so he does what he can for what he see's as the best for Magicians. Can't blame him on that if the situation is that Desperate, and apparently it is.
He can either do all he can to help his fellow magicians, even if it means drafting/forcing them to do things they dont want to do, or he can do nothing and allow the situation to get worse.

That said, i never did like how Tatsuya's free will is not considered for what he wants to do. "Those with Power have a responsibiltiy" but as Tatsuya said, The project is about making magicians tools, and taking away his own personal decision just enforces it.

But then the Yotsuba already took that away from him so that everything he'll ever do is strictly in favor of Miyuki, which in turn is in favor of the Yotsuba.

So whats the difference?
Nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-07, 14:42   Link #399
zerosum

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice View Post
Except, the DIONE project and the IDOL project are the only solutions that are offered.

He has to do SOMETHING to do his part as a MC head and as another Magician and for the sake of all Magicians.
Since opinions are turning sour against Magicians, That could make anti magic factions like Blanche seem more sympathetic, and gain them more recruits, ensuring more terrorism and wars, not on the battlefield, but on the streets of the cities and towns they live in.

The situation is desperate. Desperate enough to force others into participating.

And in the end, Its not like Anyone else is offering anything that can solve the Magician problem, those are the only options he has so he does what he can for what he see's as the best for Magicians. Can't blame him on that if the situation is that Desperate, and apparently it is.
He can either do all he can to help his fellow magicians, even if it means drafting/forcing them to do things they dont want to do, or he can do nothing and allow the situation to get worse.

That said, i never did like how Tatsuya's free will is not considered for what he wants to do. "Those with Power have a responsibiltiy" but as Tatsuya said, The project is about making magicians tools, and taking away his own personal decision just enforces it.

But then the Yotsuba already took that away from him so that everything he'll ever do is strictly in favor of Miyuki, which in turn is in favor of the Yotsuba.

So whats the difference?
This is the good one and dont forget, Katsuto still young (20 years old) and lack of experience duh.

But for the last part it actually true only to Maya but not for other member coz in early stage other Yotsuba family including Kuroba want to seal/lock up Tatsuya from public/civilization yet Miya and Maya already have another plan in form of Miyuki. Then later his father found out about Tatsuya ES potential capability so he want Tatsuya to work fulltime in company.

So it actually a bit same but the difference in here is worse scale from personal to family to nation and finally is international level O.M.G.......

This make me wonder how Tatsuya can nailed this 'international' level thread to his freedom and not to mention his status as SCM can turn this situation in his favor or make it worse cant wait for next volume(this dicember or next february.....)

Speaking about Miyuki exsistence, i belive her 'Ice Magic' is not Yotsuba special family signature (mental interference and decomposition) and in this case it probably come from someone else dna who have ice magic capability (this make me remember Kira and Cagali from SEED). That would be interesting if this true
zerosum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-07, 15:06   Link #400
deus-misereatur

Hmm, why does it seem to me that everyone seems to be exaggerating Miyuki's influence over Tatsuya and his actions?

On one hand, we have the pro-Yotsubas who seem to think in accordance to Maya - that Tatsuya (the current, older than his years Tatsuya, mind you) would just go cray-cray immediately upon Miyuki's death. Certainly, from Vol. 8, we've seen how emotional Tatsuya was when Miyuki was almost killed, but to me, it still feels like a stretch that he would just go bonkers and nuke the world. I'm not disregarding that that might just happen, but I just don't think that it's as likely as how Maya would want it to be. I mean, if it is as certain to happen as everyone seems to think it is, then there is simply no endgame for MKnR. Chancing the entire existence of the world on a 50-50 chance of Tatsuya dying of old age before Miyuki is literally sheer stupidity, even for the Yotsubas (minus Maya, of course).

On the other hand, we have the anti-Yotsubas who all seem to think that Tatsuya has no free will at all when it comes to matters regarding Miyuki, and by extension, the Yotsubas, since Miyuki, barring sudden death, is the next Head. Now, what I get from this idea is that since the strongest emotion he has left in him is his love for Miyuki (platonic or otherwise, that's a discussion for another day), he has to somehow obey everything Miyuki asks him to do? Err... say what? Sure, almost everything he does has a beneficial effect on Miyuki. But I can equally say that it has a positive aspect for almost every Magician as well. Moreover, his ultimate goal is to ensure that Magicians are no longer considered as just tools. Surely we can say that he's doing it as much for himself as he is for Miyuki (or any other *used* Magician out there, like Lina, who he empathizes with).

I just don't think his motivations are as clear cut and simple (moreso since he has certainly shown much growth since the beginning of the series) as everyone seems to be making it to be. Ultimately, he is a person with goals and ideas of his own - and regardless of whether they align with Miyuki, the Yotsubas, or even the Japanese government, it is something which he has every intention of achieving, even if he has to strike deals with the Devil (or Maya, whoever who comes to parlay with the better offer). And that is why the attempt to blackmail him into participating in the DIONE Project rankles so much with me.

The way I see it, ignorance is not an excuse, especially not, according to the spoilers above, after Tatsuya tried explaining his stand on the project.
deus-misereatur is offline   Reply With Quote