AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 11 18.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 18.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 18.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.67%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 5.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-02-13, 05:15   Link #21
Ghostfriendly

In America something like this would seem very preppy, thankfully here the preppiness only extends to Kongo, and everyone seems quite natural. Touma appearing from nowhere was quite cool, as was Misaka's great dress. Pity if the violin playing didn't sound realistic though.

This was nice, but I'm really getting sick of fillers! And next episode looks like one too, where is the flippin' plot...?
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 07:40   Link #22
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
This was nice, but I'm really getting sick of fillers! And next episode looks like one too, where is the flippin' plot...?
Still in the manga ongoing.

You know what wonder if Maika knows about the Sisters. We know she is buddies with Mikoto , fellow manga lover probably yaoi, and she saw Misaka with Touma in season one during "a certain arc that we would not see it's prequel this season".

Lol at Dojikko Anti-Skill sensei. It's like Uiharu this is what you will be like in XX years if you don't start changing.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 07:42   Link #23
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Not surprisingly Saten's breast size changed again this episode. =_=''

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 07:45   Link #24
Ashaman

sweet ep. Misaka was awesome. Touma was a bit of a surprise though. I knew Index was there from the glutton comment, but I didn't expect Touma to meet Misaka. Maybe one of the other girls, barring Kuroko, but not Misaka.

I felt so bad for him though. All he was doing was looking for his friend and he gets attacked. He doesn't even know why.

A little continuity error, but that can be dismissed as Touma not getting a clear look at her or just didn't recognise her when he next sees her.

Uiharu made me lol hard too. she was hilarious. And did anyone else note that practically the entire dorm seems to have a crush on Misaka. Even the girls want her indeed.

Dorm Superviser owns once again. That lady is scary.

@Ghostfriendly- the next episode seems to be the plot, doesn't it. Earthquakes and all. At least that's what i thought. i could be wrong.

I don't mean Sisters btw. I meant an anime only arc. Technically filler, true, but the only arc we are likely to get if i'm honest. At least until Season 2, if they decide to do one.
Ashaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 08:22   Link #25
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Ugh, Touma. Even more ugh was the fact that he popped up out of nowhere in a place he had absolutely no reason to even have access to. Seriously? Backstage right before the dorm's superstar performs? Ugh.

Uiharu was definitely the best part of the episode. She had so many funny scenes. Mikachu in that dress is a close second, but it's hard to beat the flower arranging scene. I'm getting the impression that the flowers actually grow out of her head. The girls were talking about it like a hairband, and she acted like she wasn't wearing one. Li'l Bulbasaur is so cute.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 10:26   Link #26
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That the best episode in a while. Really enjoyed it.

As expected, Mikoto was still wearing her shorts even under her maid outfit. Would have liked to see what Kuroko was wearing under hers~
I agree Uiharu was simply hilarious in this episode, especially when she went Kuroko mode

I was expecting Mikoto to sing but violin is good too, and she looked beautiful in that dress. Not really surprised everyone in the dorm has a crush on her, it's pretty much to be expected
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 13:00   Link #27
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by rageQUIT View Post
God dammit, the episode was going so well, until the "violin" playing started. IT doesn't even sound like a violin! God at least say it's a Viola or something. It made me rage so hard. I happen to be in an orchestra too. I thought Japanese people were musically talented. Don't any of you guys listen to instrumentals from soundtracks, I'm sure you have encountered violin tracks and they do not sound like mikoto-san's playing.
Back when I was in school I played the viola. Violins and viola's overlap in range. I think a violin could play those notes.

Violas tend to be a little thicker in sound. Now Mikoto's violin is a little thicker than most violins but that could be due to a different maker, or a different varnish. It's not really as thick as most violas. I think it's much more likely to be a violin than a viola playing that music.

Here is link to a comparison between viola and violin

And a couple violin pieces that go as low as Mikoto's music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EQ6eHeBrhM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCiS9IDILQg

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 14:41   Link #28
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
Not surprisingly Saten's breast size changed again this episode. =_=''
You know clothes really do have an impact on that sort of thing.
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 14:41   Link #29
BakaRanger

With the quick shot of Index destroying the buffet, we have justified her brief appearance in the opening credits. Speaking of opening credits, when I was checking on something in the original Index show, I noticed Uiharu and Saten show up there in the opening credits. Did they have a cameo in that show? Obviously back then I didn't know who they were.
BakaRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 15:15   Link #30
AlitY

I voted good (7) nothing fantastic but it was an enjoyable episode, had some good laughs with the skirt flipping, uiharu's headband comment and touma showing up with index again lol. But Misaka's Violin skills were very good also was she playing the ed. song?
AlitY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 15:55   Link #31
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaRanger View Post
Speaking of opening credits, when I was checking on something in the original Index show, I noticed Uiharu and Saten show up there in the opening credits. Did they have a cameo in that show?
Not that I remember. Uiharu turns up in the novels after Daihatsu IIRC. Mostly as a buffer between Mikoto and Kuroko.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 16:18   Link #32
Miraluka
Banned

Also Saten was passing around the place where team ITEM was in the Vol.15.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 16:37   Link #33
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak View Post
Not that I remember. Uiharu turns up in the novels after Daihatsu IIRC. Mostly as a buffer between Mikoto and Kuroko.
Actually, Uiharu first appeared in volume 8, a Kuroko-centric arc.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 19:39   Link #34
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Whoa it's Touma. Misaka looks great in a dress.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 19:42   Link #35
BlueDo

That was a pretty good filler.
Haha, more teasing about Uiharu's flower.
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 22:46   Link #36
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Wow , vote excellent cuz of Misaka !!!
She was awesome Specially in the end !
Damn , one more reason that Touma should go with her ... i know it won't happens , never , just maybe in doujin
She was thinking about Touma while she was playing violin right
Touma didn't recognized Misaka ??

And rofl , 3 sec Index with his face hidden lulz

Ok next , the special festival .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 03:03   Link #37
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
Ugh, Touma. Even more ugh was the fact that he popped up out of nowhere in a place he had absolutely no reason to even have access to. Seriously? Backstage right before the dorm's superstar performs? Ugh.

Uiharu was definitely the best part of the episode. She had so many funny scenes. Mikachu in that dress is a close second, but it's hard to beat the flower arranging scene. I'm getting the impression that the flowers actually grow out of her head. The girls were talking about it like a hairband, and she acted like she wasn't wearing one. Li'l Bulbasaur is so cute.
lol yea I thought it pretty odd that Youma appear outta the blue backstage like so(is his luck really that bad?!) but still was a nice little MxT moment

Uiharu was def the best part of the ep here but still Kuroko-sama never ceases to amaze me with her anitcs, she's really something
The flowers thing....well I don't even want to think about it cause I know I'm just gonna hurt myself trying to think too hard about it>__<
btw loved the part with the cake, I'm also like that with cake, I'll take as much as I can
Def the best filler yet, it's one of them eps that has the all the small moments that come together really well.

Biribiri in white dress = FTMFW!
Old 2010-02-14, 03:11   Link #38
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
10/10

I don't even know where to start so I'm not going to try. It was pure fanservice at its best...without fanservice.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 05:53   Link #39
JokerD

Is it just me or did Uiharu look kinda K-on-ish in this episode, reminded me of Yui at times. On the other hand, did she not have any idea of the flowers on her head? Or did her brains devolve to Yui's level as well?

Touma lost his memory already, and a certain nun-with-a-black-hole-for-stomach showed up. I wonder who gave them the invite, I'm guessing imoto Tsuchimikado.
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 08:37   Link #40
AlaAlba

>_> I lost my faith on this show. a 3 is the best I could give for this episode

0_0 Maika is not wondering around on top of that cleaning machine
She s not Maika! @_@
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote