Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-02-10, 00:24   Link #21
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
It's that type of film you can tell from the premise alone it's like "wtf is this?!" but you'd watch regardless cause it just piques your interest
Oh my gosh, I'd want an Aliens generic World War II mashup parody. I find Nazism intriguing (As I'm an eugenicist, and in extension, 'flavored' social darwinist) so I'd always like more movies of 'em... long as its played for laughs to 'explicit evil'. Nothing too cruel, though. I doubt I'd stomach any incarnation of Mengele...
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 00:47   Link #22
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Judging from what I see, the Babylon 5-ish part of Star Wreck takes place long after the Shadows are gone (hense there is a Victory-class Destroyer out there from Crusade)...though it is a parody. The Star Trek part seems to be basically something like a combo of Original and Next Gen. Trek with a Captain Kirk proxy that is prety much an Imperialist bastard that got stuck in the past and reformed Earth into his personal Empire using Federation-like tech. He didn't get everything right....plus it seems Shields don't work in the Babylon 5-ish Universe...taking away his advantage.

And he is a terrible shot with the photon torpedoes.
Old 2012-02-10, 01:23   Link #23
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
Who the hell put this much money into this idea?

I can just imagine the pitch:

"So our movie is Nazis invading from Space!"

"Wow, here's 100 million dollars, actually, make that 200 million!"

""
Actually, the budget was about €7,5 million. With that amount of money, the movie's CG is impressive.
Old 2012-02-10, 06:45   Link #24
Shakiga
Shadow user

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Actually, the budget was about €7,5 million. With that amount of money, the movie's CG is impressive.
The trailers ticked me off as a comedy film so I was kinda worry about how they do battle scene. So yeah, your information really relieved me.
Shakiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 14:50   Link #25
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
That's pretty impressive, though it's possible that all the money shots are all in the trailer.

But if that's true, there's really no excuse for why there isn't more space opera being made.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 15:32   Link #26
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Oh my space-jesus christ!!
I saw such an unprecedented amount fail-ness in this trailer that it makes a full circal and becomes a WIN!
Old 2012-02-10, 15:37   Link #27
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

nazi on space huh. i wonder if they have this

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 17:39   Link #28
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
That's pretty impressive, though it's possible that all the money shots are all in the trailer.

But if that's true, there's really no excuse for why there isn't more space opera being made.
This

Either way, it would be reasonable if many other countries besides America has some part in this movie, if it's just America doing all the fighting. That would be quite disappointing coming from a nation that waited 70 years to finally invade. (Getting this thought because I keep seeing the U.S. on the screen doing the fighting)
Old 2012-02-10, 18:13   Link #29
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The cast list shows other counties involved (as representives...Japanese, North Korean, Middle Eastern, Chinese, Indian,...no Russians I can spot) but the main center seems to be between the United States and the Moon Nazis.

But consider who is making the film. The production company is Finnish. Most of the cast is German or Australian.

They are likely making fun of the Americans.
Old 2012-02-10, 19:03   Link #30
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The cast list shows other counties involved (as representives...Japanese, North Korean, Middle Eastern, Chinese, Indian,...no Russians I can spot) but the main center seems to be between the United States and the Moon Nazis.

But consider who is making the film. The production company is Finnish. Most of the cast is German or Australian.

The cast is so international it gives me a few vibes of those old Great Race movies ("Flying Machines", "Jaunty Jalopies", etc). and I think it'd be quite interesting to see a "worldview comedy skewering" of various US memes.
Old 2012-02-10, 19:07   Link #31
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:

Ah, well. I was expecting Russians to come since they had major impact in WWII. But if the last thing you said is true, I can understand that. The USS George W. Bush and Sarah Palin as (President?) seems to feature what the production company wanted to display in this movie.
Old 2012-02-10, 19:46   Link #32
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well this is coming from Finland. They don't exactly get along with the Russians...especially over World War II (recall that Finland was fighing Russia for a long time, and while not part of the Axis powers, certainly would welcome assistance against the Soviets from Germany until 1944 when they decide to kick the Germans out following their loss to the Russians), and their independance from Russia following the First World War.
Old 2012-02-10, 20:49   Link #33
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Cue the production of "Springtime For Hitler" (courtesy of Mel Brooks).
Old 2012-02-10, 22:15   Link #34
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

That has to be the corniest thing I've seen in a long time. It's positively cringe worthy. But it looks like it will be a total deconstruction of so many tropes I just have to go see it. Will probably be quite funny too watching it taking the piss out of things.
Old 2012-02-10, 23:10   Link #35
glitch

Send a message via AIM to glitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
Oh my space-jesus christ!!
I saw such an unprecedented amount fail-ness in this trailer that it makes a full circal and becomes a WIN!
All the best things come around again. lol
glitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 00:03   Link #36
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

It appears the trick is working. Fill a movie full of failure and complete humor. The results = Attract people out of curiosity how it will turn out. Heck, I'll even pay to see this just because of that opera.
Old 2012-02-11, 00:22   Link #37
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Depends what you consider failure. It is a comedy afterall.

Seeing the last Star Wreck film's special effects...that part at least they can pull off. I expect the Nazi war machine to have partial advanced technology...and be completely stagnent in other areas that have advanced on Earth since then...computers for one thing. Unless they are sniping stuff off the market...Earth should have some edges on the isolated Nazis....even if they have anti-grav tech and better knowledge of space design. Those attack ships look like they are flying Panzers, or a 1940s tank that can fly. The flying is the only edge. The computer guilded modern tank...if it could aim that high, could shoot it down while likely avoiding getting hit.

I'm noting that in the trailer I see nothing that looks particularly advanced in the Nazi tech...aside from the anti-grav (and being in space). Everything else seem like 1940s tech (well, German advanced 1940s tech)

But this is sci-fi...and also judging from Star Wreck...like explosions and most of both sides losing. Also Dark humor. Also swearing.
Old 2012-02-11, 00:41   Link #38
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Depends what you consider failure. It is a comedy afterall.

Seeing the last Star Wreck film's special effects...that part at least they can pull off. I expect the Nazi war machine to have partial advanced technology...and be completely stagnent in other areas that have advanced on Earth since then...computers for one thing. Unless they are sniping stuff off the market...Earth should have some edges on the isolated Nazis....even if they have anti-grav tech and better knowledge of space design. Those attack ships look like they are flying Panzers, or a 1940s tank that can fly. The flying is the only edge. The computer guilded modern tank...if it could aim that high, could shoot it down while likely avoiding getting hit.

I'm noting that in the trailer I see nothing that looks particularly advanced in the Nazi tech...aside from the anti-grav (and being in space). Everything else seem like 1940s tech (well, German advanced 1940s tech)

But this is sci-fi...and also judging from Star Wreck...like explosions and most of both sides losing. Also Dark humor. Also swearing.
Don't worry. Their computers haven't change in 70 years.

Old 2012-02-11, 00:52   Link #39
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

So they are premiering a film about Space Nazis in Berlin today?

Adnit is good that they at least kept the idea of them being...a little behind the tech curve. In places.
Old 2012-02-11, 01:21   Link #40
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
So they are premiering a film about Space Nazis in Berlin today?

Adnit is good that they at least kept the idea of them being...a little behind the tech curve. In places.
I have a big stupid grin on my face.... this may have to go in my special DVD collection of nutball films if it pans out.