AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-04-18, 10:46   Link #21
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

I guess there's no room for me to add more. Everyone explained things clearly. However, I have one point to remark on and that is the point of "making sense".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banditopants View Post
In a way Anime always makes sense, no mater what characters seem to do there's almost always a logical explanation for it, worst-case scenario, the logic is rushed and doesn't flow well with the story (Example: In a sci-fi the reason the protagonist can defeat the aliens is because she's a princess from magic-land and can talk to waffle-cones, completely made up but somewhat illustrates my point).
Let's take this example:

1) If a nutritionist said "we should eat fat daily".
Most of you will think that this statement doesn't make sense because it's wrong. That is because, as most people know, accumulation of fat inside our body has proven to be hazardous to our health. However, if another nutritionist read that statement then it would make a lot of sense to him/her. That is because the human body needs fat daily for its survival but in low amounts. Some people can conclude that too without being nutritionist.
Most people will say this statement doesn't make sense because: they lack the vision or way of thinking to understand that statement. If those people looked at that statement clearly, they'd realize that nutritionist1 didn't specify the quantity of fat. Hence this statement is not wrong.

2) If a geneticist said "PCR this and use M13 for the E.coli culture".
"Say what?" is what most people are thinking, this statement makes no sense at all even if you read it for a hundred years. But if someone who studied genetic engineering or biotechnology read this then s/he will asnwer "Understood, which ER should I use for M13?" The answer is, however, still ambiguous to most people but not to the geneticists.
That is because those people have all the necessary information and knowledge to make sense out of this statement. While normal people lack it.

To sum things up: because people are different in knowledge, thinking patterns and logical thinking, they are unable to make sense of things that they: 1) can't understand due to difference between us 2) lack the required information to it.

P.S: if someone feels offended by this post then go smack your head with a wall or something.
Old 2008-04-19, 21:09   Link #22
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I believe that the best anime stretches your imagination a bit, but keeps things firmly on the ground. Example is Monster. It may not "make sense" at times, but hell ya, it's one of the best anime I've seen.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 03:09   Link #23
oompa loompa

id also like to add that it depends on the anime.. you should know when things happen in an anime just to tie a plot up, because well, intricacies and mysteries arnt its major focus. dont dig too deep into it, and just enjoy it. on the other hand if the intricacies of the plot , and its most practical solutions are central to the anime, then it should make sense, otherwise it might fail .. same with everything else isnt it - books , live action movies /shows?
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote