Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

.ass file is finally available. link here

good grief, didn't got too many mistakes ^^'
Old 2007-08-31, 18:30   Link #22
dspr8_rugged
GN-001 Gundam Exia

When I heard about a uniform-less Shion in the preview, I watched it right away only to find out that there was none.
Old 2007-09-01, 07:16   Link #23
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
*pat pat* to the anime team.
Next episode is going to be cool.
Old 2007-09-01, 07:32   Link #24
MarthX

This episode is a good example of what the first season would've glossed over.
Old 2007-09-01, 10:03   Link #25
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
While not an episode that hit you hard and pushed through to a conclusion it was a useful episode. Just giving us how difficult the entire situation surrounding Satoko is.

Besides just having that jerk Teppei holding Satoshi's room hostage we've got a ton of difficult problems. Trying to not be taken out by the Sonozaki family will be something that has to be dealt with. The adult's hatred towards Satoko could become something dangerous. It's the children and a select few adults who can get through that prejudice to try and help Satoko.

Keiichi was completely top notch this episode. Really showing his stuff in going in and getting more and more support. Getting to see his power of pulling people together and putting them into a force. He's not nearly done yet and even with the danger of the Sonozaki family looming he won't stand down.

Another big thing was Rika figuring out she has to help as well. Can't simply rely on Keiichi and the others to solve this for her. While it's been dangerous over and over with her hopes being crushed she must fight. There isn't a chance for victory if you don't go all out and put your heart at risk. What does worry me is that she would give up if this all failed.
Old 2007-09-01, 10:38   Link #26
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Not the most exciting of episodes but it seems to me it's very much necessary and similar epsiodes explaining more in depth the characters' motivation and the difficulties they faced was what was lacking in the first season.

So after a certain point Satoko starts to see her uncle in everyone who resembles him a little? I guess this could explain why she claimed she had seen him in Tataigoroshi-hen after he had "died". Though I still like the scenario of K1 switching worlds somehow and ending up in a world where Teppei was still alive.

Old 2007-09-01, 10:55   Link #27
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

This episode clears up many things, I was really wondering what hold Teppei had on Satoko to keep her from escaping. Now it makes sense.

Man I"m glad I don't live in a village where the social services people are so....inert. My god, a blind retarded monkey could tell that Satoko is being abused and is suffering from intense psychological trauma.

Screw social services, I say we give a machette to Keiichi and Shion and let them fix things the old fashioned way!
Old 2007-09-01, 11:38   Link #28
Solafighter
Hige

Very greate episode. Im looking forward to the next episodes.
Canīt wait for the next one.
Old 2007-09-01, 12:51   Link #29
Echoes

Rena's attitude is certainly changing quickly, I'm glad she's determined to resist her fate once again. The situation is annoyingly complicated, I know that it can't be solved easily, but seeing that creep of an uncle makes me wish they'd just end it like Keiichi did last time. I'm very much looking forward to seeing how they'll try to solve the whole thing, and in what degree they'll be successful.

Rika's comment about giving up things don't work out in this one makes me worry about the future, and adds extra tension and excitement on my part.

An excellent episode for showing some touching friendship moments, and a return of a character I didn't expect to see again. K1 showed some more of the side we all love, an excellent episode, as always.
Old 2007-09-01, 13:54   Link #30
Jaden

So Rika decided finally to make "one more try" Is she getting addicted? haha.

Still, I'm suprised she has such resolve after witnessing the rare event of Satoko's uncle coming home in an otherwise perfect world. Before that happened she was preparing herself to fight whatever is killing her and the entire village. But now it seems all effort is being spent on saving a friend from succumbing to madness, just like before.

By the direction this chapter is going it seems they might save Satoko, but be unable to defend themselves from the real threat that will kill them all.
Old 2007-09-01, 15:09   Link #31
Omfgbbqwtf

Man.. It seems like the situation will be pretty desperate. It will be up to Shion and Mion to really save the day in the end, if they manage to save Satoko.

Thanks to the lack of preview, I can only hope that next episode will be a shocking one.
Old 2007-09-01, 15:37   Link #32
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

This was one of my favorite Higurashi episodes, if not my favorite. I just love those episodes where the producers take their time to slowly build up the upcoming events. The foreshadowing when it is subtle, when we see that it is composed of the slow yet steady efforts of every character. The resolution and knowledge they gain from past episodes (showing real story continuity and character growth). Coupled with very good art and decent animation, I fail to see why people* are saying that this was a boring yet necessary episode. This is art**!

disclaimers.

* Not necessarely in this forum. In a could be, could be not kind of way.
** From a slice of life anime lover POV
Old 2007-09-01, 15:40   Link #33
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
I thought K and his army was going to go Axe Gang on Teppei. Haha!
Old 2007-09-01, 16:53   Link #34
Mystearika

i like the calm slow peace, its good to see they dont rush things
its moving to see how long they vill go for satoko, and how determined they are to save her i really hope she dont end like in tatarigoroshi

that unkle of hers is really one of my most hated higu chars

i cant wait to next week ^^ its look like the history is building up to get really exsiting

higurashi is like a giant puzzle, earsh ep gives the pieces the image is becoming clearer and clearer in the kai season

auu the waiting is really killing me
Old 2007-09-01, 17:01   Link #35
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystearika View Post
higurashi is like a giant puzzle, earsh ep gives the pieces the image is becoming clearer and clearer in the kai season
One reason, why i love higurashi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystearika View Post
auu the waiting is really killing me
Yeah, it begins to hurt, slowly.
Old 2007-09-01, 17:22   Link #36
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
So Rika decided finally to make "one more try" Is she getting addicted? haha.
this part should be linked to that poem regarding that frog who climb :P.
Old 2007-09-01, 17:57   Link #37
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

That was one hell of a episode, especially with the use of the musical score --- i''ve been very impressed with Kawai Kenji's work for Kai, especially with the tracks that appeared in this episode. Worked perfectly with the emotional level of this episode, need third soundtrack release now.

Also, for a second there at the end, i thought they'd go with the plan of 'because of Satoko's illness, we can pretend Keiichi is Satoshi, and make her admit the truth'. What the hell was i thinking?
Old 2007-09-01, 20:40   Link #38
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I agree that Kawai Kenji scores much better in Kai with these new Tracks.
I hope he will be able to pull out some true "amusement" tracks and the like. (I do miss a lot "Digital Network" and probvably the "action" like C-Examination and Fearlessness)

ho well, We will see how it will be in Matsuribayashi ^^

Well then, i finally finished that analysis, guh...
Episode 9 : Analysis, thoughts and random comments

bonus: Angel Mort nerd army origins ! the PS2 version of Kameda scene !

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-09-02 at 11:40.
Old 2007-09-01, 21:39   Link #39
dspr8_rugged
GN-001 Gundam Exia

Yeah, I read your stuff, Klashikari. Great as always.

Funny that I'm not the only one who noticed those guys in Angel Mort. :P
Old 2007-09-01, 22:40   Link #40
Fychan

Send a message via MSN to Fychan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
By the direction this chapter is going it seems they might save Satoko, but be unable to defend themselves from the real threat that will kill them all.
Rika actually didn't forgot about "her issues". It's like she said, "Even if I die, I'll save satoko"... She wants everybody to be happy, even if she can't save her. And she doesn't really know that if she dies everyone else dies...

And I believe Satoko's illness is far from meaningless... Since you can get this together with K1 fear from dangerous things inside food, a childhood fear... For Shion I can't really think of anything XD'

And and and... Was I the only one who cried at the end?