AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-20, 22:34   Link #21
aikming

If you want to hear Aika, Akari and Alice singing, I recommend dekkai song or track 13 from Vocal song collection. The collection featured vocalist for Akari, Athena, Aika and Athena.
Old 2007-06-21, 04:56   Link #22
Yakhobian
とは
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Episode 18-19:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikming View Post
If you want to hear Aika, Akari and Alice singing, I recommend dekkai song or track 13 from Vocal song collection. The collection featured vocalist for Akari, Athena, Aika and Athena.
The vocal collection is very nice and Dekkai Shiawase is hilarious. Shame there wasn't a stupid episode to fit that into.
In case you're interested in the Makino Yui version of Kami to Hairpin to Watashi, you can find it on her album 'Tenkyuu no Ongaku'.
Old 2007-06-21, 10:13   Link #23
aikming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakhobian View Post
The vocal collection is very nice and Dekkai Shiawase is hilarious. Shame there wasn't a stupid episode to fit that into.
In case you're interested in the Makino Yui version of Kami to Hairpin to Watashi, you can find it on her album 'Tenkyuu no Ongaku'.
Not to mention that it's so catchy ... dekkai..dekkai..dekkai. and filled with Aria scahou's "poinyuu"
Old 2007-06-21, 14:52   Link #24
Tabris

You know, I completely forgot about those. I've got that and I remember first time I heard dekkai, it was brilliant. As with the any Aria OST.

But one song I can always count on remembering, Coccoro. God I love that, so much.
Old 2007-06-21, 18:47   Link #25
Yakhobian
とは
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
But one song I can always count on remembering, Coccoro. God I love that, so much.
I know it's splitting heirs, but I'm still of the opinion that it's meant to be transliterated as Coccolo. That was the only Italian word I could find the matched the pronunciation anyway. Just my 2c anyway.
Old 2007-07-05, 09:19   Link #26
Tabris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakhobian View Post
I know it's splitting heirs, but I'm still of the opinion that it's meant to be transliterated as Coccolo. That was the only Italian word I could find the matched the pronunciation anyway. Just my 2c anyway.
That makes sense. And with Japanese people seemingly struggling to pronounce L's, it makes more sense.

Also, I still find it shocking.
Old 2007-09-08, 16:00   Link #27
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Taken from the anime thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I was curious too, so I turned to my dear friend Google () and found this blog post about it. That logo does look pretty ugly, I have to admit, but it at least looks like they're using the same illustration. It clearly says "Art not Final", though.
I don't blame Tokyopop for wanting to change the logo; ADV used the same original logo and Tokyopop undoubtedly wants to be unique (and it IS unique - the logo encompasses the design on the gondolas and also has a "wave" in the A... nice touches). Also, the original logo isn't exactly eye-catching. However....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabas, one of the commenters
I don’t see the point in changing the logo especially since the original reflects the calm nature of the series. New one makes me think somewhere in the manga the gondolas will transform and duke it out over Neo-Venice.
^That describes my gripe perfectly. I'd be willing to take the new logo if it didn't suggest that this was an action series what with the very bold, thick letters and the sharp corners of them. IMO if they want to keep their design, thin out the font and round out the corners.

O well, that's all for my rant.
Old 2007-09-08, 16:19   Link #28
Tabris

Risaa took the words out of my mouth
Old 2007-09-08, 20:07   Link #29
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Honestly when I was preordering I didn't even look at the cover art...I was just too excited it was being released.

Ah anyway while the original has a nice classy look to it that fits the series more I think the new one has more potential to grab peoples attention. Aslong as they don't alter whats inside I'll happily accept slightly more flashy packaging to increase the titles mass appeal.

If just one person that otherwise would pass the series over because the logo caught their attention ill say it was well worth it.

Now gimme my copy already dammit!!!

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2007-09-09, 12:49   Link #30
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Let's see: Alice is the Orange Princess... Aika is the daughter of Himeya's Owners so she is already the Himeya Princess... Akari... hmmm.... maybe the Water Fairy Princess.
Old 2007-09-09, 13:24   Link #31
Tabris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
Let's see: Alice is the Orange Princess... Aika is the daughter of Himeya's Owners so she is already the Himeya Princess... Akari... hmmm.... maybe Tabris' Princess.
Fixed
Old 2007-09-09, 21:49   Link #32
aikming

Orange Princess is the Prima name for Alice. Do not mix it up with Aika who inherit Himeya name and being a "princess".
Old 2007-09-27, 00:34   Link #33
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Hmmm... I can complain about the cover all I want, but it seems final. Oh well, I'll just make one of them dust jacket covers myself. I need to put some use to the new color laser printer of mine.
Old 2007-10-08, 17:18   Link #34
nero23

Aika is getting a new name soon

Spoiler for Aria Chapter 57:

Akari should have an appellation that can top the other two. Although Snow White would be perfect for her, Alicia's already got that one. On the other hand, we don't know Grandma's old appellation, and we do know that in the past, appellations are passed from retiring gondoliers to new gondoliers. Probably the biggest honor a new prima undine can have, even better than jumping grades, is to take on Grandma's appellation.

Last edited by nero23; 2007-10-08 at 17:55.
Old 2007-10-08, 21:59   Link #35
aikming

It might be an indication that Akira's preparing a Prima test for Aika but I dont want that to happen so early. The earlier Aika and Akari promoted to Prima, the sooner ARIA would end.

Good speculation on Akari taking over the appellation of Grandma. But the story on passing the appellation is about the gondola on Earth. I dont think Neo Venezia has that tradition yet.
Old 2007-10-09, 08:15   Link #36
G. Zeus
Cafe Alpha customer

Send a message via Yahoo to G. Zeus
"Grand Empress of Aqua", perhaps?

Ok, I kid, but
Spoiler for :

it might become a trend.

By Skane's theory, the first word of the name would be "Darth".

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
<º))))><.¸.•´¯`•.¸reviews¸.•´¯`•.¸links¸.•´¯`•.¸.><((((º>
Old 2007-10-09, 19:15   Link #37
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

I'd like it if Akari got an entirely new moniker. As flattering as potentially "inheriting" or having one passed on, it kinda kills the uniqueness of it all (though I reckon something like "Snow white" has probably been used over 9000 times).
Sticking with the colour association thing, how's about this:

Spoiler for This one's a winner:

EDIT: Uho, avoiding double posting.

Just bought a copy of TP's Aqua. Translation is alright (keeping the honorifics, wtf?). It's flagged as 13+ for having "mild language"(lol wut), but I don't recall coming across anything of the sort. No colour page though, like in the ADV Manga releases, unless of course, you can point me in the direction where copies DO have it.

Last edited by fict_ticious; 2007-10-13 at 02:34.
Old 2007-10-13, 07:57   Link #38
nero23

The original tankoubons don't have color pages inside either. Like for chapters 48 and 50, the first pages were color in the monthlies, but b&w in the tankoubon.

While on the issue of getting the manga, how do people buy tankoubons in the US? I've tried kinokuniya and asahiyausa.com, which work, but are kinda slow.
Old 2007-10-13, 09:14   Link #39
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by nero23 View Post
While on the issue of getting the manga, how do people buy tankoubons in the US? I've tried kinokuniya and asahiyausa.com, which work, but are kinda slow.
Some on this list will help for the original Japanese tankoubon. Personally I just run down the street to my local Animate and pick up my manga there.
Old 2007-10-13, 10:37   Link #40
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero23 View Post
The original tankoubons don't have color pages inside either.
I'm aware but don't really care. It was a nice gimmick when ADV offered it. I've known of some titles TP had done that had colour pages depending on where I bought it (ie. The .hack//Twilight volumes had the colour pages when I went to large chain bookstore).
As for tanks, I usually buy from HLJ prior to release (pre-order) - special editions tend to come with something. For stuff that ain't so new, I do http://www.sasugabooks.com, though I am a little iffy about the shipping (Canada, lol).
Closed Thread

Tags
science fiction, slice of life