Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-27, 19:47   Link #21
Adam E
Riskbreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashesatdusk View Post
Thats strong argument except a lot of the fighting was because espada 9 was toying with her at first... again a lot of it seems to be here opponent under estimate her completely.
Keep in mind that Aaroniero is also considerably stronger than a Vice-Captain.

Quote:
The main thing though that keeps me from wanting to give rukia vice captain level is she hasn't demonstrated the ability to use Flash-steps, I think just about every other captain can, to some degree. Not like Yoruichi, Ichigo, or Baykuya.
The only reason I hesitate in saying Rukia is Captain level is her lack of a Bankai. However, Kenpachi has shown us that Captains don't need a Bankai to be Captain level Shinigami; admittedly, he is an exception.
Old 2007-05-27, 21:00   Link #22
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
>it's clear that Rukia must be at least vice captain level.
Thats strong argument except a lot of the fighting was because espada 9 was toying with her at first... again a lot of it seems to be here opponent under estimate her completely. The main thing though that keeps me from wanting to give rukia vice captain level is she hasn't demonstrated the ability to use Flash-steps, I think just about every other captain can, to some degree. Not like Yoruichi, Ichigo, or Baykuya.
We've never actually seen Ikkaku or Renji use Shunpo explicitly either (in the manga, at least), and they are both now supposed to be captain level. Not all of the vice captains seem to be capable of it, as Ichigo's bare-handed owning of three of them at once suggested. Also, as mentioned earlier, Rukia seemed to use Shunpo against Deeroy when she activated Tsukishiro. This is shown more clearly in the anime, where she actually does disappear and reappear behind him. I believe that this was an accurate interpretation of the manga, since there was a panel showing Rukia's outline vanishing.
Old 2007-05-27, 21:31   Link #23
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Another good point IMO is how some of you say Rukia can handle tougher opponents than her. She not only proved this in the manga aginst Arroniro, but in the anime as well aginst Yoshi. Sure a couple of her opponents underestimated her, but IMO, that compliments her strength

Rukia's Shikai already seems pretty formidable even compared to some of the Captain's Shikais. Sure she's terrible at hand-to-hand, but she's got the brains to even the odds aginst opponents a lot stronger than her. There's more to overall strength than raw power, and that's why I think she's at least Vice Capt level.
Old 2007-05-27, 23:06   Link #24
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
>Not all of the vice captains seem to be capable of it, as Ichigo's bare-handed owning of three of them at once suggested.

Isane seems to be capable of it... but thats a good point about renji. Though all the 11th Squad guys all seem to horribly unbalanced they focus mostly on swords manship. Though Yachiru seems to be able to use them. But none of the Vice captains seem to show mastery over flash steps. Most of them seem to be able to use it to varying degrees. and Most of them don't seem to be able to keep up next to captain classes regardless.

Rukia's Shikai is pretty amazing, but I'm wondering what Rukia's potential bankai would be...

>but in the anime as well aginst Yoshi
any thing to do with blount arc is irrelevant it doesn't even exist in the manga..
Old 2007-05-27, 23:20   Link #25
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
>but in the anime as well aginst Yoshi
any thing to do with blount arc is irrelevant it doesn't even exist in the manga..
That's why I said in the anime I know this is a manga thread, but nothing says the facts can't still be applied to the manga to a degree...

Last edited by Thewanderer; 2007-05-27 at 23:32.
Old 2007-05-27, 23:27   Link #26
Forever_young
Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodymix View Post
Spoiler:
Exactly. I mean 33,650 Hollows. Wow...
Old 2007-05-28, 06:03   Link #27
ashesatdusk

>Exactly. I mean 33,650 Hollows. Wow...

wasn't the Sōkyoku w supposed to have the power of 100,000 Zanpaktous or 1,000,000. Or something like that. and didn't ichigo stop that with his Shikai...(Then Ichigo's Bankai get's stopped by Aizen's finger...). Point does the quantity matter that much...
Old 2007-05-28, 07:06   Link #28
Varis
Composed Eccentric

Send a message via AIM to Varis Send a message via Yahoo to Varis
At least vice captain level. I don't know if she could win against matsumoto but most of the vice captains are pathetic.

There is no way you can tell me that Soi fongs vice could defeat an arrancar. There is no way the current monkey number 3 duo of ukitake would stand a chance.

In fact, I don't know how well a captain would fare against espada number 9.
Old 2007-05-28, 10:37   Link #29
cellardoor
Untitled 1

She is the only one who has three attacks with shikai. She is also capable of doing high level kidou. I'd say she is at the level of vice captain, at the very least. Like it is said before, the only thing that stops me considering her at captain level is her lack of bankai. However, she seems to have 21433 dances for every kind of situation, so I doubt if she actually needs bankai *nods* XDDD

Last edited by cellardoor; 2007-05-28 at 11:09.
Old 2007-05-28, 16:50   Link #30
Lendial

she'll eventualy get bankai but by that point she will already be twice captain level ( high ranked espada).

zeal is fighting renji/ishida with massive haxs and still didnt really win, rukia fougth numero 9 solo and TKOed.
Old 2007-05-28, 17:13   Link #31
whatasob
MY HAND

didnt they say that byakuya prevented her from "rising in the ranks?" im pretty sure that if she were cut off, it'd be to say that she was VC. the other two guys competing for VC are insignificant characters compared to rukia, so im saying VC as well.
Old 2007-05-28, 17:48   Link #32
astrallionheart

Good enough from Vice to 3rd/4th. Remember, there are 3rd/4th seats stronger than Vice Captains (even massive power gaps), and vice versa.

Captains are the only rank that are tested ranks, the rest are apparently political assignments ("Captain's pets") as much as power rankings.
Old 2007-05-28, 23:00   Link #33
Melodymix
Ying Yang

Some Vice-Captains don't do much. Even in the fighting scenes like a 1st, 2th,4th, 7th, 8th Division Vice-Captains. I havn't seen some in real combat but we could tell they won't be that strong in battles. So Rukia should be a Vice-Captain or a Captain level
Old 2007-05-29, 05:06   Link #34
astrallionheart

Certainly the show gives the impression that Rukia, Renji, Ikkaku (and possibly Yumichika and Matsumoto) are the only active-duty Shinigami that aren't (too) far off from contending with the Goteijusantai Captains.
Old 2007-05-29, 06:59   Link #35
ashesatdusk

Kira and hinamori don't look weak, not captain level... but they seem to be a good example of lieutenant class... (fight in front of Aizen's "Dead body".)
Old 2007-06-23, 00:12   Link #36
KOJI13

rukia is an unseated member of the thirteenth division but she is ale to fight on the level of an assistant captian
Old 2007-07-23, 20:21   Link #37
zionforsale

I think a lot of people are disappointed at Rukia's fighting abilities so far. But that is because of our mistaken perception of Rukia's character up till now. Everyone thought Rukia is the kind of girl who is a go-getter, take no BS, and tough. Therefore she ought to be a good fighter, ect. The thing is that we already know Rukia is not a typical female lead. (hence the reason why so many fans adore her. She has a childish side, a mature side, a vulnerable side, ect. All of those qualities blended so subtly and well in her personality that everyone likes her) Therefore, we all expect her to be talented and driven. Also, it is a shounen manga. I would say a good fighter is more like Tatsuki or Koi Fong (sorry if I spelled her name wrong), or the cat-female (forgot her name).

Rukia admitted recently that she was NOT good with blades or swords. She also stated that she got good grades, but compare to those who were chosen as officers, it was nothing to shout about. Basically, she is the student who get As. Why? because she is disciplined. She will get a job done if it's given to her. But she is not one of THOSE students whose genius shine. Our's affection and admiration for her personality led to our expectation that she ought to be one of the most bad-ass characters in Bleach, too. But the truth is that she is not. Most people forget Rukia is deeply troubled. (Duh, Kaien-Dono had a wife -and let's face it, Rukia thought of him definitely more than just a superior, so her unrequited love is way more severe than Orihime. Then she had to KILL that one person that started her down the path of being a Shinigami. Can you blame her for being weak when it comes to Kaien? ppl don't realize that problem, so they call her pathetic and weak when she couldn't even hold her blade against that thing even though she knew it was just Kaien by form, not by soul...well, soul yes, but it's not Kaien. You know what I mean.) It is not her potential of getting bad-ass that is important. But it's the fact that her heart is strong. She is not much different than Orihime about being a person about heart. But her nature is not as kind as Orihime. She more likely to care for, save someone because she experienced that feeling or that situation, hence, she doesn't want anyone to be in that pickle like she was.

As demonstrated recently in her last fight, she gets distracted when fighting, and she is never really sure of her being a powerful fighter at all. Her heart is always questioning in a major battle, unlike other fighters. Many ppl think Rukia is a fighting type, because she is a strong female who kicks rather than hugs to show her affection. But she is just as emotionally vulnerable as any female characters. It is the fact that she realized that Kaien trusted his heart to her when he passed away, (settled the poundering question of where her heart lies, etc etc) that she completely put her mind into the fight.

Maybe from now she would get better at fighting. But her role is more about keeping the balance, being the messenger, tough-love supporter, and of course, being one of the main characters that drive the story. Unless the author changed his mind and indeed let her die. Then we will never see how her character develop, and a bunch of fans (including me) would cry because her death means the pair IchiXRukia would never happen!
Old 2007-07-24, 00:40   Link #38
Jays

I think she'd be a VC to 4th seed depending on squad assignment.

I really don't think anything that Rukia has done so far has been all that impressive. The way she defeated that Espada, I wouldn't say is fluke, but it isn't something like the way Ichigo is matching Grimmjow in his released state (to some extent). She just got that lucky shot in, not even Aaroniero was expecting her to do something like that.

But she is skilled enough to warrant being a high ranking officer. On a side note, It would be sick to see Ichigo with a Captains coat on and a seal zanpakto.
Old 2007-07-24, 07:19   Link #39
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

One point to note is that rukia's performance against arronio was particularly admirable because she was unable to fight at full power as she was fighting against someone who looked like kaien. If rukia's estimation skills were trustable, rukia probably would have been able to seriously wound 9th at full power, because she claimed herself that after ridding the kaien face, she could finally "fight properly".
Old 2007-07-24, 13:45   Link #40
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays View Post
I think she'd be a VC to 4th seed depending on squad assignment.

I really don't think anything that Rukia has done so far has been all that impressive. The way she defeated that Espada, I wouldn't say is fluke, but it isn't something like the way Ichigo is matching Grimmjow in his released state (to some extent). She just got that lucky shot in, not even Aaroniero was expecting her to do something like that.
That's exactly it, in this case Aaroniero died of stupidity. He picked her up while she was still holding her sword and held her close to his face. He was practically begging to be killed.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Closed Thread